Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

vb isn't in the service industry. he proudly forges instruments that allow toddlers to commit unintentional suicide/homicide

Ah, the MIC and energy businesses - truly, the American Dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

i have family all over the place, in areas i can't fly to. i also work outdoors during the spring/summer. not having a vehicle would make this much harder for me.

also, i like going into the mountains when weather permits. there is no easy way to get there without a car.

fishmech posted:

long distance travel and large shopping loads, usually
american infrastructure :rip: long distance travel is a good point if you do that regularly, but long distance travel in latvia is like 160 miles and you can take bus between two 50 people villages on regular basis

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

yer all settler colonialists

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

kustomkarkommando posted:

:agreed:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Oh poo poo, it was hilariously awful.
mamma mia

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

That's kind of the point. He said WE'RE the Natives, and the Native Americans were the Settlers.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

vb isn't in the service industry. he proudly forges instruments that allow toddlers to commit unintentional suicide/homicide
didnt know vb transferred to kinder egg factory

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

didnt know vb transferred to kinder egg factory

Nah, he works at the Karl Marx Confectionary Factory.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Horseshoe theory posted:

Nah, he works at the Karl Marx Confectionary Factory.
im not even going to bother figuring out what post-ironic level is this wrt the reference i made

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Donald Trump may not propose a new budget next year, according to Forbes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Grouchio posted:

Willing to bet they'll just milk the CRs for all its worth.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Grouchio posted:

You don't need a budget if you intend to shut down the Federal government.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

how can you not have a budget

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuing_resolution

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

he'll just tell them the government expenses are on him and then dip out the back when no one's looking

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i don't think we've had a real budget for a while

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Randler posted:

Let me just say I appreciate the effort that went into worldbuilding in ESO. A lesser game would have made me lose my suspension of disbelief upon meeting a talking skeleton, but Zenimax' writers were prepared for the tough questions.

He does not wear clothes under that illusion by the way.

yeah there's usually at least one real amusing npc in any outlaw hideout, they definitely had fun filling those out

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

cinci zoo sniper posted:

american infrastructure :rip: long distance travel is a good point if you do that regularly, but long distance travel in latvia is like 160 miles and you can take bus between two 50 people villages on regular basis

yeah a usual trip i would end doing in car would be ~600 miles round trip.

in comparison bus tickets for the two of us would cost in neighborhood of $200 round trip with very long travel time. airline tickets would be like $300 if you were ok with multiple connections each way more with nonstop. train tickets could be as low as $320 if you et lucky with open coach seats but more typically like $480. and all of those would require someone to come pick us up/drop us off by car anyway in at least one direction.

i'll actually be traveling down there by myself by train for christmas, its going to be $300 total but that's cheaper than renting a car instead for the time, and way more pleasant than dealing with christmas time airports (and those flights aint cheap, right now they're looking like $500-$750). and there's no way taking the bus would make the connection in nyc on time either.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

the us doesn't require a formal budget of any sort, though it's customary for both the president and congress to propose one

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

any sensible country would dissolve the legislature for new elections in the event of a loss of supply you clowns

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i get the feeling a lot of the posters in the two white identity safe haven threads would cheer greenwood getting razed to the ground as an early win against neoliberalism

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fishmech posted:

yeah a usual trip i would end doing in car would be ~600 miles round trip.

in comparison bus tickets for the two of us would cost in neighborhood of $200 round trip with very long travel time. airline tickets would be like $300 if you were ok with multiple connections each way more with nonstop. train tickets could be as low as $320 if you et lucky with open coach seats but more typically like $480. and all of those would require someone to come pick us up/drop us off by car anyway in at least one direction.

i'll actually be traveling down there by myself by train for christmas, its going to be $300 total but that's cheaper than renting a car instead for the time, and way more pleasant than dealing with christmas time airports (and those flights aint cheap, right now they're looking like $500-$750). and there's no way taking the bus would make the connection in nyc on time either.
jfc the prices

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472?lang=en

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
full communism now

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Except for home ex replace candles with trips to North Korea

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

any sensible country would dissolve the legislature for new elections in the event of a loss of supply you clowns

lol imagine if we actually did this

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

supply is routinely provided in the bills authorizing the spending in the first place, friend.

the only reason we have these crisis things is cuz some dickhead congressmaen decided to start having pissfights on raising debt limits in the 80s to have another thing to campaign on, that used to get raised just as needed

cinci zoo sniper posted:

jfc the prices

it's a short flight distance so most of the flights are angled towards the business traveler who doesn't have to worry about cost, and then you have christmas time rush on top of things. and as for the rail prices, they're still a lot less than the old private carriers used to charge when you adjust for inflation (and once again, the rail service is primarily angled towards business travelers who take up most of the capacity, at least for this route, unlike the others that are more angled towards tourism).

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Avshalom posted:

full communism now

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/speakerryan/status/805562892921831424

Paul Ryan infuriates me way more than Trump

Trump's an old bigoted dipshit whereas Ryan is an evil randian rear end in a top hat who knows exactly what he wants and how to get it

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

but Jeb Bush isn't president?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Trump's an old bigoted dipshit whereas Ryan is an evil randian rear end in a top hat who knows exactly what he wants and how to get it

paul ryan fantasizes about a world in which black school children have the freedom to starve to death

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
kalstrams for comparison i could fly all the way down to orlando and back for like $130 roundtrip. or all the way out to atlanta for like $80 round trip, during normal days as opposed to a big holiday at least. airline pricing is very weird

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The Saddest Christmas Cat

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hollismason posted:

The Saddest Christmas Cat
The horror....the horror...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

You would think he would be happy since he got to eat small pieces of duck all evening but no.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Paul Ryan is a college Republican who continued being a college Republican instead of growing the gently caress up.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
john key quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

1) people believe the government should be run like a household
2)millions of people don't budget
3) therefore, the goevernment should not budget

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Not having a budget is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

merry exmarx posted:

john key quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congratulations, comrade.

• Locked thread