Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

a new study bible! posted:

Is your neighborhood a Call of Duty lobby?

Look me up dawg, I'm xXx_nEgA*weed*gOkU_42096 :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, The Cowboys offense looked so good against the Vikings. :jerkbag:

When you are unlucky enough to have most of your big plays negated by penalties it ends up being a little wonky.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm deeply sorry about your fraudulent division

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
NFC East is a garbage division full of garbage teams that America is forced to watch in primetime every week.

gently caress your poo poo division

AFC West bitch

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

NFC East is a garbage division full of garbage teams that America is forced to watch in primetime every week.

gently caress your poo poo division

AFC West bitch

America isnt forced; America chooses to watch us. Cowboys have set two TV ratings records this season

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

blue squares posted:

America isnt forced; America chooses to watch us. Cowboys have set two TV ratings records this season

Cowboys are poo poo and I can't wait for the Raiders to skullfuck them in the Super Bowl

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

edgy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Black Sunshine posted:

Cowboys are poo poo and I can't wait for the Raiders to skullfuck them in the Super Bowl

When all hope is lost the NFL goes crawling back to the Raiders.

Sad, imo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

No sympathy in the lEast

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
all fans of irrelevant teams please leave this thread

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

corn on the cop posted:

You can't kick out Eagles fans unless you change up the divisions.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I wonder if any other NFCE teams will join the Cowboys in the playoffs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

corn on the cop posted:

You can't fool us, you only want this rule so the thread will be empty and/or closed when you're blown out of the playoffs

At least the Bengals posters weren't cowards and accepted their inevitability, I would hope the NFC East can behave similarly

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Black Sunshine posted:

If the Cowboys actually made the Superbowl with a rookie 4th round pick quarterbacking the entire season, I'd be so far beyond ecstatic even if Dallas lost 42-0 and Derek Carr ran up to Jerry's box and slapped Roger Staubach.

blue squares posted:

I wonder if any other NFCE teams will join the Cowboys in the playoffs

I'd be amazed if both the Giants and Redskins collapsed to the point where neither would win one of the two wildcards. NY started 8-3 and Washington has a mostly easy final four games, something's gotta give there.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ragnarok the Red posted:

If the Cowboys actually made the Superbowl with a rookie 4th round pick quarterbacking the entire season

It is the most likely scenario to occur

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Chris James 2 posted:

You can't fool us, you only want this rule so the thread will be empty and/or closed when you're blown out of the playoffs

At least the Bengals posters weren't cowards and accepted their inevitability, I would hope the NFC East can behave similarly

this is the thread for insufferable morons like myself to gloat about their teams. if you want a thread for losers the afc south thread is calling

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Black Sunshine posted:

Id be cool with this result for many reasons

1. The NFC East, gods chosen division, reaches another super bowl, another pin on our uniform
2. The Cowboys lose
3. The Patriots do not reach the Super bowl

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Who can hate on raiders?

Cowboys are going to lose in the playoffs and it's fine. The season has been fun already and it's nice for them to be at the top of the league again.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ragnarok the Red posted:

If the Cowboys actually made the Superbowl with a rookie 4th round pick quarterbacking the entire season, I'd be so far beyond ecstatic even if Dallas lost 42-0 and Derek Carr ran up to Jerry's box and slapped Roger Staubach.

Dont forget Chris Christie

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
If the Cowboys win out, will they have beaten any good teams?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lote posted:

If the Cowboys win out, will they have beaten any good teams?

they are the only good team, so no

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Cowboys still have the Bucs and Lions coming up, so those will be interesting.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Febreeze posted:

3. The Patriots do not reach the Super bowl

The only thing that really matters.

The Raiders, of course, are going to gently caress it up.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sickening posted:

When you are unlucky enough to have most of your big plays negated by penalties it ends up being a little wonky.

Sorry you're not good at cheating. Try following the rules and you won't have to worry about that.

:hawksin:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Paul Turner had more catches and receiving yards in this game (his first starting) than Agholor has in his entire career of games.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I'm proud of Agholor for making a few tough, gutsy catches Sunday anyway. But yeah, just plainly not good enough to start in this league.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Our expectations of Agholor in the past month have decreased to an embarsssing low.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
The corners might actually be worse as a group but it's taken everybody forever to notice.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

shyduck posted:

Cowboys still have the Bucs and Lions coming up, so those will be interesting.

Ehhhh

Skins still struggle in the redzone, water is wet, I'm impotent. They could win or lose to Carolina next week. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The corners might actually be worse as a group but it's taken everybody forever to notice.

It's masked to a degree by our fantastic safeties whereas there's no masking bad wr play.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's even more masked by the front 4 getting pressure to the QB, which unfortunately has gone away over the past month.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm playing Kirk Cousins against the Eagles in my fantasy playoffs.

:(

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer
A. Nobody cares about your fantasy team and B. That's the worst feeling :(

The only NFCE non-Cowboy i'll draft is Manning the lesser. Only because he's always available in later round as backup, and has random huge games sometimes, and is overall non-offensive.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

89 posted:

I'm playing Kirk Cousins against the Eagles in my fantasy playoffs.

:(

Always play dudes playing against your team, that way you never lose.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The worst feeling of playing Kirk Cousins against the Eagles is...

I know what's gonna happen and that's why I'm playing him :cry:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

dest posted:

A. Nobody cares about your fantasy team and B. That's the worst feeling :(

The only NFCE non-Cowboy i'll draft is Manning the lesser. Only because he's always available in later round as backup, and has random huge games sometimes, and is overall non-offensive.

I don't play fantasy but I feel like one of the top WRs in the league feels pretty draftable

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So if the stars align and the cowboys clinch homefield throughout this weekend, should they bench the starters for three weeks?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Mr. Nice! posted:

So if the stars align and the cowboys clinch homefield throughout this weekend, should they bench the starters for three weeks?

What do you mean by "starters?"

Are you suggesting they put Tony Romo out there behind a line of Chaz Green, Joe Looney, and Emmett Cleary? Which starters on defense would you rest? Does Dak really need to take snaps off?

More than likely we'll see Zeke get a reduced workload and guys who would otherwise play with the Questionable status sit out a game late in the season, and you may in fact see Mark Sanchez during the Eagles game in week 17, but that's only if homefield has already been clinched. More than likely, the Cowboys will need to go 13-3 to clinch homefield, so we need 2 more wins to do it.

E: "Resting the starters" tends to only be meaningful in the preseason because you have extra guys on the roster who can play one more game before you cut them. At the end of the regular season it just refers to guys who have been playing injured, your veteran QB, and maybe a workhorse RB.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 7, 2016

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Can you imagine the outrage if Dallas sat 21 year old starters for a month and then they came into the playoffs, looked like poo poo, and got eliminated?

It's a dumb idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Febreeze posted:

I don't play fantasy but I feel like one of the top WRs in the league feels pretty draftable

He said non-Cowboys. Dez is on the Cowboys.

• Locked thread