Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i'm back everyone add me 446,079,826 for some genii glove morphing time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Never got rid of you to begin with.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

great :hfive:

now back to the tm grind and hoping for a better event

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Cry Havoc posted:

great :hfive:

now back to the tm grind and hoping for a better event

Your Gilgamesh can practically solo the current event... :stare:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Cry Havoc posted:

i'm back everyone add me 446,079,826 for some genii glove morphing time

Leave when the game is decent, come back when the game is poo poo. Solid plan.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:negative: I really wanted dual wield so I threw all my tickets at the FFV banner trying for a gilgamesh and got a ton of shantottos, another Faris and another Exdeath. I mean cool I'll be able to have two exdeaths loaded out with omnirods and Mag+30% but oh man.

So speaking of Mag+30%, how do those stack? Can I just slap like five on a dude?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
yup, unless you have Exdeath. 3 or 4 L&A is better for him with an Enhancer

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Are you really going to farm 4 TMs for one character?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

Why would you stop at only four TMs?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
My game just non stop crashes now. Reinstalled etc but no dice. What the heck.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tagichatn posted:

I have 8 shantotto. Only 3 arc though, so I couldn't get a double dual wield exdeath party going on if the game stopped not giving me gilgameshes.

MohShuvuu posted:

yup, unless you have Exdeath. 3 or 4 L&A is better for him with an Enhancer

What are any of these things?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

What are any of these things?

L&A - or "Letters and Arms" - is Ingus's Trust Mastery reward, which offers +50% (base) MAG when wielding a sword. It can be stacked like raw +Stat materia can, which is the only way it isn't garbage. Enhancer is the sword from the Intangir trial, which offers a piddly amount of MAG (compared to a rod), but still offers some.

Exdeath is a tree man who can call meteors to murder things.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

L&A - or "Letters and Arms" - is Ingus's Trust Mastery reward, which offers +50% (base) MAG when wielding a sword. It can be stacked like raw +Stat materia can, which is the only way it isn't garbage. Enhancer is the sword from the Intangir trial, which offers a piddly amount of MAG (compared to a rod), but still offers some.

Exdeath is a tree man who can call meteors to murder things.

Oh, I never got an Ingus so that would be why I didn't know what that was. No excuse for not remembering Enhancer though. :shrug: My current shantotto team is up to 16% around the board though, so you know. Like 1/8th of the way there!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Time to do awakening dungeons for crystals for my exdeaths...

*sees one monster instead of the normal two* *gives up* what a waste of energy.

Why does that happen anyway? Really, isn't there supposed to be two monsters per round in these dungeons? Every time there's one monster, I only get one item and it's never a crystal.

EDIT: looks like PRO is fine, maybe that's the best source for these crystals now? I liked the energy efficiency of the INT level, but if it's gonna be like that, well, guess PRO it is then

Armitage fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Dec 5, 2016

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Armitage posted:

Why does that happen anyway? Really, isn't there supposed to be two monsters per round in these dungeons? Every time there's one monster, I only get one item and it's never a crystal.

EDIT: looks like PRO is fine, maybe that's the best source for these crystals now? I liked the energy efficiency of the INT level, but if it's gonna be like that, well, guess PRO it is then

Why give up? you lose the energy either way, may as well shoot for the moon.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is anybody else still grinding away at the gears? I got the fist weapon and talisman and I should have the last of the summon tickets later today or tomorrow. I should be able to get the 30k moogle sometime into next week but unless they add a fight that drops more gears and activate Lightnings bonus, that's probably going to be it for me. I'm saving the gigantaurs to see if I can snag waifu #2.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cartoon Man posted:

Is anybody else still grinding away at the gears? I got the fist weapon and talisman and I should have the last of the summon tickets later today or tomorrow. I should be able to get the 30k moogle sometime into next week but unless they add a fight that drops more gears and activate Lightnings bonus, that's probably going to be it for me. I'm saving the gigantaurs to see if I can snag waifu #2.

Don't do the moogle. the math on it is literally so bad, that you can get over 10% on FIVE UNITS by spending the same energy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dana Crysalis posted:

Don't do the moogle. the math on it is literally so bad, that you can get over 10% on FIVE UNITS by spending the same energy.

Yeah, that sounds ridiculous. I'll at least wait and see what next week brings, the math might get better.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Solution: take your tm grinding team and do pro

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

Tagichatn posted:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I meant one specific character cause there aren't many characters that would use L&A other than Exdeath. 30% mag is good for any mage just like bracers are good for any physical attacker.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Tagichatn posted:

I meant one specific character cause there aren't many characters that would use L&A other than Exdeath. 30% mag is good for any mage just like bracers are good for any physical attacker.

Krile can use swords too, I'm sure there are other mages either out now, or coming out eventually that can use swords as well. Here's her with Enhancer

Krile 5 Star
Total Stats: HP: 2564 MP: 341 ATK: 207 DEF: 210 MAG: 633 SPR: 272

Casters who could benefit and are also of note: Celes, Ludmille, Ingus, Ramza

Ramza 6 Star (Learns Ultima)
Total Stats: HP: 4813 MP: 318 ATK: 302 DEF: 291 MAG: 754 SPR: 348

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 5, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I would assume that Esper Terra can use swords too, and she's supposed to be super busted on top of that

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Armitage posted:

Personal experience is that INT gives about 1 sacred crystal per run average - some runs give none, and I have had as many as 4 in one run. This is with the single monster rounds and everything. Just clicking INT, then hitting auto, then collecting loot.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

McSpankWich posted:

Ramza 6 Star (Learns Ultima)
Total Stats: HP: 4813 MP: 318 ATK: 302 DEF: 291 MAG: 754 SPR: 348

I have got to get me one of these!

Edit: bah double post, Ramza got me excited!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Chen Kenichi posted:

Personal experience is that INT gives about 1 sacred crystal per run average - some runs give none, and I have had as many as 4 in one run. This is with the single monster rounds and everything. Just clicking INT, then hitting auto, then collecting loot.

I'd say I get at least one sacred/holy crystal around half the time in INT/ADV if each round has two monsters.

If each round has only one, then I may as well have run Earth Shrine :v: I don't recall getting crystals in that case. It doesn't happen too often luckily.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Tagichatn posted:

Are you kidding? I farmed 7 just for Lightning.

(and I have two more on the way for her)

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

I have 15 slots left if anyone wants a beefy Greg friend:

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Skyridge posted:

Anyone have a super-buff Cloud of Darkness with the thorned mace and Diablos I can borrow to clear Big Bridge ELT?

099 466 666

Still using Ifrit, but I swapped the second Rising Sun out for a Thorned Mace. (The other Sun is needed on my backup CoD alongside a Pestle).

You shouldn't have a problem.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

golem staff makes arena so easy

being on the receiving end is not so fun though

need to grind some ribbons out

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Cry Havoc posted:

golem staff makes arena so easy

being on the receiving end is not so fun though

need to grind some ribbons out

It was better when I could use dual wield barrage :(

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Tagichatn posted:

Actually it's almost a point in his favor, if you think about it the other way. Exdeath gets crazy high magic power WITHOUT dipping into the mage pool of gear. So you can gear two mages out incredibly well without gear shuffling.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Thread is dead tonight, it's almost like this event is rear end and the banner is rear end. Usually we get at least 2-3 Bediled and Shadowned posts, but nobody is pulling from this garbage.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cartoon Man posted:

Thread is dead tonight, it's almost like this event is rear end and the banner is rear end. Usually we get at least 2-3 Bediled and Shadowned posts, but nobody is pulling from this garbage.

i was just thinking how much everyone must be enjoying the game right now what with the 20 odd posts a day now

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Game sucks, give us noctis and orlandu.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I got my first Dualcast so that's cool????

I'm doing event runs to grab Gigantuars for Refia right now, but it's a terrible event that's also pretty easy, so there ain't much to complain about or be excited about.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Ive been posting in the discord but ive been pulling on dalies and tickets this week and ive drawn:
Bartz
Chizuru
zidane
Arc
Ingus
and sabin, bedile, etc
This banner has been downright genrous to me.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
A couple of buddies and I got hammered and did an 11 pull (my 2nd one ever). Came away with a WoL, Chiz #2, Ludmille #3 so I'd call that a success.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
My pulls since this event started have been Zidane and Sazh x 3. They really want me to grind dem gears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

I pulled. Golden Vanille'd.

I was hoping for a good non-banner character like Garland or Exdeath though.

Gonna get me those tickets and maybe...

• Locked thread