Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

angryrobots posted:

Lowe's credit card does 0% 18 month financing on anything over $299, and often run appliance specials like 10%-15% off.

Don't deal with rent a center, please.

Zero intention of dealing with RAC, was just citing their prices.

I don't plan to buy my w/d new, they'll be used. Those are two things that depreciate immediately, and generally go for $100-250 for a (basic) set whether they're 2 or 25 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Finished the sopranos and now sucked into the wire.

Good thing the wife is out of town :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Clickspring is done with his project. I'm so sad. It's the perfect bittersweet ending.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Oh poo poo the holiday Sheep Game just dropped!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
poo poo.... I just bought a car in Wisconsin, the website to title it is down, and a tow truck to Chicago is ~$1k. Looks like I'm going to have to rent a truck in the morning and pick it up myself... I make good decisions. Here's to hoping that it doesn't get impounded in the morning...

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
It's 3am, I've got work at 7am. We just got 6" of snow overnight and I still haven't bothered to fix the throttle linkage under the fuel tank on my snowblower. Won't be light outside until 8 at least.

Time to pull a fuel tank at night in the snow!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

The Door Frame posted:

poo poo.... I just bought a car in Wisconsin, the website to title it is down, and a tow truck to Chicago is ~$1k. Looks like I'm going to have to rent a truck in the morning and pick it up myself... I make good decisions. Here's to hoping that it doesn't get impounded in the morning...

Ride durty with a bill of sale in hand? Usually you have 30 days or so to register a car after you've bought it, and your insurance might cover it as long as you tell them you bought it in a reasonable timeframe. Is it currently non-op or something?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

iwentdoodie posted:

We're on series 3 of the wire but haven't had a chance to watch in a while cuz we've been busy

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
2 episodes in, Westworld is pretty good.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

iwentdoodie posted:

aiight, ma nigga.

quote:

Time to get blind drunk in a dive bar and cheat on her.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I just found a 1/2" wrench in my shower and have no idea how it got there. :ohdear:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Fermented Tinal posted:

I just found a 1/2" wrench in my shower and have no idea how it got there. :ohdear:

Dominatrix Librarian got a bit kinky?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Libertarian, I think, she kept talking about how taxes and regulation hurt free-enterprise.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Raluek posted:

Ride durty with a bill of sale in hand? Usually you have 30 days or so to register a car after you've bought it, and your insurance might cover it as long as you tell them you bought it in a reasonable timeframe. Is it currently non-op or something?

The front passenger brake is seized, the rear passenger wheel bearing probably disintegrated a few years ago, and its suspension is way too shakey to take for 150 miles on the highway, otherwise I would have definitely just driven the drat thing home and gotten it titled through the mail like everyone else does. I tried, but I had to call it quits before my "new" car killed me or someone else in transit.
When AAA said that they don't transport vehicles without plates, my excitement about my brand new POS turned into dread. I don't know how the ride back up with the Uhaul is going to be, but I was not having a good drive home

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

sheeeit

Skip season 2 because it's garbage. The rest of the show is great.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Fermented Tinal posted:

It's 3am, I've got work at 7am. We just got 6" of snow overnight and I still haven't bothered to fix the throttle linkage under the fuel tank on my snowblower. Won't be light outside until 8 at least.

Time to pull a fuel tank at night in the snow!

Yep. Sounds like us. We're in the "get a few inches every day" time of year right now - wheeee.
I really need to do the light upgrade like you did.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

angryhampster posted:

sheeeit

Skip season 2 because it's garbage. The rest of the show is great.

Season 2 was good. Season 3 is dragging on a bit

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

The Door Frame posted:

When AAA said that they don't transport vehicles without plates, my excitement about my brand new POS turned into dread. I don't know how the ride back up with the Uhaul is going to be, but I was not having a good drive home
SOP is to stick a plate on it, and tell AAA that it made a big bang and started smoking real bad.

The driver won't ask for registration or anything, they're a contractor that gets paid to haul.

E: also I'm about to watch new top gear AND boost caboose roadkill, took today off work. If any if you don't have a roku or whatever to watch YouTube/Prime on tv, it's worth it.

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Dec 5, 2016

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

:stare: oh my god you're in for a loving ride

Everyone watch this poo poo. Go. Now. Run you fools.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

angryrobots posted:

SOP is to stick a plate on it, and tell AAA that it made a big bang and started smoking real bad.

The driver won't ask for registration or anything, they're a contractor that gets paid to haul.

E: also I'm about to watch new top gear AND boost caboose roadkill, took today off work. If any if you don't have a roku or whatever to watch YouTube/Prime on tv, it's worth it.

gently caress, I should have been smarter about this in so many different ways

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Adiabatic posted:

Yeah but don't read anything about it online until you're through the season.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Adiabatic posted:

Gotta watch the finale tonight. We're so loving far off the rails I have no idea what may happen.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

The Door Frame posted:

gently caress, I should have been smarter about this in so many different ways

Yeah, you just have lie to the dispatch, tow truck doest care what they're hauling, they get paid either way.

When I bought my van it had no tsg, so I just gave them the info off my Explorer, tow truck shower up, and towed the van with no issue.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Oh yeah, I'll get in on that poo poo

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

New trailer for Gran Turismo sport came out a few days ago, looking very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0siGVASN9PQ

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
can't stop thinking about selling all my bmws and replacing them with a SS with the 6 speed. :sigh:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

RillAkBea posted:

New trailer for Gran Turismo sport came out a few days ago, looking very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0siGVASN9PQ

Neat, now let's see how it looks in-game when not being rendered on a supercomputer.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Anyone here know anything about garage door openers? For some reason, the range for closing the door has fallen to literally 10' regardless of remote I use, but I can still open it when I am a block away. Any idea why that might be happening other than it's hosed? Should I just buy a new one?

It's an 8 year old cheapo Chamberlain.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

Anyone here know anything about garage door openers? For some reason, the range for closing the door has fallen to literally 10' regardless of remote I use, but I can still open it when I am a block away. Any idea why that might be happening other than it's hosed? Should I just buy a new one?

It's an 8 year old cheapo Chamberlain.

Is your battery dying?

You might have some interference from one of your neighbours adding new poo poo as well and have to re-pair in order to bounce the remote onto a new frequency or some poo poo.

I spend a surprising amount of time doing garage door opener repairs in my house.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

No, should have mentioned that. It was the first thing I checked. Changed the battery and still the same and does it with all remotes.

E: Saw your ninja edit. Do you think it's a frequency issue if it always opens fine, just the closing?

\/ No, not since this happened. I think it's just a crappy 40W utility incandescent, but I suppose that's easy enough to try in order to rule out. \/

slidebite fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 5, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Did you change the light bulb in the opener at any point recently? The garage door opener experts I've talked to all have various voodoo explanations for why CFL and LED bulbs in a garage door opener can burn down your house and kill your dog.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I think I will swap it. I did buy some LEDs a few months ago I guess it's possible that's what I put in it. If it is an issue, it sort of makes sense that it would open fine but doesn't close, because opening the light is off but when I close it, the light will be on spreading it's RAYS and could be interfering with the signal.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Most of their concerns were with the inrush current of the LED lightbulb being activated, something I wanted to bring up with Ken or someone else who fucks electrons for a living but never did.

Mostly because I'm sick of my shaky-rear end garage door opener shaking incandescents to death.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Half of the LED bulbs we've tried putting in my friend's garage door opener don't work in it. The other half buzz loudly. I have no idea why this is, because you think it'd just be a relay to mains power or whatever. Maybe it's wired up backwards, but then you'd think they wouldn't work in a non-polarized lamp plugged in backwards, but they do.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'm off work today and so far have been loving productive. Demo'ing what's left of the office/.5 bath in my shop, going to turn it into a guest apartment and full bathroom with a shower.

Right now taking a lunch break with some 3 day old venison shepherd's pie with chips, and a winter lager.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Well, I just checked. It was an LED. I swapped it and see how it works when I leave after lunch.

WHICH BRINGS UP ANOTHER QUESTION:

I have some fixtures which are rated for 100W incandescent, but I'd really like to put high-lumen LED in there to throw some more light. Is there such thing as an LED bulb with a standard base that puts out way higher lumens but with less power? IE: Is there an LED that actually sucks back something like 30-40W that I can put in a 100W incandescent fixture and not just a 15 or so watt "100W equivalent?"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
We put an LED bulb in our garage opener, it didn't bother it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

Well, I just checked. It was an LED. I swapped it and see how it works when I leave after lunch.

I have some fixtures which are rated for 100W incandescent, but I'd really like to put high-lumen LED in there to throw some more light. Is there such thing as an LED bulb with a standard base that puts out way higher lumens but with less power? IE: Is there an LED that actually sucks back something like 30-40W that I can put in a 100W incandescent fixture and not just a 15 or so watt "100W equivalent?"

https://www.amazon.ca/Feit-C4000-LED-Replacement-Non-Dimmable/dp/B00RKLXJOQ

I've been doing this for years, everywhere i need light has a big rear end 150w replacement CFL in a 60 watt socket. LEDs are obviously more expensive, but it will work outside in the cold better.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Powershift posted:

I've been doing this for years, everywhere i need light has a big rear end 150w replacement CFL in a 60 watt socket. LEDs are obviously more expensive, but it will work outside in the cold better.

Oh wow, that's nice. I wasn't sure how well really high powered LEDs had come in a compact enclosure. Most say not to be used in an enclosure due to heat. Most of my bulbs are in the 10-12 watt range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

7 episodes in, it's even better (almost caught up!)

Adiabatic posted:

There ya go.

slidebite posted:

Really?
I may have to pull the LEDs on my opener. It suddenly quit responding to remotes at all. I just got an external remote control relay, but even that has kind of poo poo range.

Powershift posted:

Oh, now that's a beefy boy. Outside lights may need this.

• Locked thread