Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Avalerion posted:

There is a npc in third island last town that will check hapiness, next to the Masseur.

You can also tell in Poke Pelago, on Isle Avue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Have people been figuring out ideal teams for the Battle Tree yet? I'd really like some ideas to work with.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Supremezero posted:

Parting Shot shenanigans.

Pakled posted:

A lot of people are running Persian with Z-Parting Shot. The Z effect fully heals the pokemon switching in.

Yes, just found this thread on Smogon and Parting Shot seems the way to go (and super bullshit-y!).

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium-Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 228 HP / 28 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Parting Shot
- Toxic/Roar

Definitely gonna play around with this. Didn't know what Parting Shot was, but it looks awesome.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Mizuti posted:

Have people been figuring out ideal teams for the Battle Tree yet? I'd really like some ideas to work with.

"Ideal" would probably be taking poo poo that's strong enough to be banned in competitive but not legendary/banned in the Tree, but it's not so unforgiving as to warrant that. I imagine most people are using what they like. For inspiration's sake (and, if anyone else cares to, criticism), my current team for Tree doubles is:

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast

Sandslash-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Night Slash
- Iron Head
- Icicle Crash
- Swords Dance

Mimikyu @ Red Card
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- Sucker Punch

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Is there a wiki or something where I can find opinions on the usefulness of various pokemon and their movesets? All of the obvious wikis just contain the facts and not any reviews.

Sometimes I just stop playing and open my phone to search for information when my pokemon is learning a new move and I'm not sure what to do with it or the others.

This would bother me less if the move tutor wasn't found so late in the game.

I suppose I should just not worry about it so much since I'm not interested in competitive play.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Speaking of friendship, PSA for any other dummies out there: Meowth loses Pickup when it evolves

Persian seems really cool with Fur Coat, how are people using them?

I've been using Persian pretty regularly

Z-Parting shot is a pretty huge gimmick I've only used once (it's good in its own right tho); I've had the most success with Persian as a fake out and taunt supporter. Taunt has been a gamechanger for me in the current meta because of Trick Room and Instruct being foundations of a lot of poo poo

Fur Coat is pretty fuckin rad

Inverness posted:

Is there a wiki or something where I can find opinions on the usefulness of various pokemon and their movesets? All of the obvious wikis just contain the facts and not any reviews.

Sometimes I just stop playing and open my phone to search for information when my pokemon is learning a new move and I'm not sure what to do with it or the others.

I suppose I should just not worry about it so much since I'm not interested in competitive play.

If you're not going to play VGC or on the Battle Spot then for non Battle Tree PVE just figure out if your friend is a physical or special attacker and run

- Best STAB move for their attack type
- Coverage move for their attack type
- Status inflicting move
- Status raising move

In 99% of PVE stuff in the main game you'll be OHKOing everything anyway

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Inverness posted:

well if you're not interested in competitive then they're all good and usable

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Waffles Inc. posted:

- Coverage move for their attack type
What do you mean by coverage move? I assume this is about having variety in your attack types among your team?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Inverness posted:

What do you mean by coverage move? I assume this is about having variety in your attack types among your team?

Basically, you want something that can hit Pokemon who your main STAB is not effective against. A good example is using Earthquake and Stone Edge, as Stone Edge is good against flying types who don't care about Earthquake, and in general one of those is going to hit either super effective or at least neutrally against the majority of Pokemon.

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 5, 2016

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Mizuti posted:

Be really fast and hit really hard. I've gotten a 50 streak with a DD Mega Gyarados, a Life Orb Garchomp and a Z-Conversion Porygon-Z. If you annihilate the opponent before they can even hit you, then you'll win most matches pretty easily.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Crosspeice posted:

Be really fast and hit really hard. I've gotten a 50 streak with a DD Mega Gyarados, a Life Orb Garchomp and a Z-Conversion Porygon-Z. If you annihilate the opponent before they can even hit you, then you'll win most matches pretty easily.

Ah the old Cobra Kai strategy

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

tyblazitar posted:

Basically, you want something that can hit Pokemon who your main STAB is not effective against. A good example is using Earthquake and Stone Edge, as Stone Edge is good against flying types who don't care about Earthquake, and in general one of those is going to hit either super effective or at least neutrally against the majority of Pokemon.
That makes sense. I just completed that water Pokemon area trial on the 2nd island. Right before it is the TM for Charge Beam, which I taught to my Kadabra. :science: It's the only electric move I have.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Durant is a cool bug pokemon.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

AlphaKretin posted:

Don't forget the newly buffed Fell Stinger. Guzma certainly didn't. :stonklol:

Having 5/6 of my team swept by an Ariados was an experience let me tell you.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Not sure if it's been posted here but turns out in the files are low poly models for EVERY single pokemon... and they all have walking/running animations too.

Few examples:
Decidueye
Komala
Pyukumuku
Buzzwole

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/805820359526092801

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Not sure if it's been posted here but turns out in the files are low poly models for EVERY single pokemon... and they all have walking/running animations too.

Few examples:
Decidueye
Komala
Pyukumuku
Buzzwole

I keep seeing people play with MMD and man, the high-def Guzma weirded me out

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

holy poo poo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Why does Petal Dance make contact? :psyduck:

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Do we have a thread for swapping booths in Festival Plaza? Looking for a Team Purple 5*.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Thanks for posting this here, I knew it was today but I was too lazy to go find it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That is loving amazing.

Why would they include so many animations that they don't use? Seems like it was basically a completed feature.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Maybe they wanted to do pokemon followers like HGSS but ran into some other issues like framerate and collision?

Maybe it will be in Stars?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Oxyclean posted:

Maybe they wanted to do pokemon followers like HGSS but ran into some other issues like framerate and collision?

Maybe it will be in Stars?

Hell the framerate in 2v2 is awful. I can't imagine adding even more poo poo to process.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yukari posted:

Do we have a thread for swapping booths in Festival Plaza? Looking for a Team Purple 5*.

I imagine there will eventually be a spreadsheet for that too.

For now, I got the following:
>Rare Kitchen 5* (level-up)
Sinnoh Tent 5* (fortune teller)
Treasure Hunt 5* (lottery)
Thumb-Bump Park 4* (attack + special attack EV training)
Friendship Cafe 4* (friendship boosts and EV removal that doesn't work when friendship is maxed...worthless).
Confuse Ray 3* (haunted house)
Team Blue 3* (dye shop)

2982-0483-8705 / Dennis
Since you can only recommend the facility that is at the first spot this really requires PMs if you don't want the Rare Kitchen.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 5, 2016

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
Anyone have a few minutes to spare to help me with some held item trade evolves? I can provide high value GTS fodder as compensation. Also, side benefit of getting some additions to your own pokedex.

Ricky
0834-1351-6685

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

So what's a good nature for Magearna? The first one I got was Quiet, and considering it's already really slow that seems like a good first roll.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Alxprit posted:

So what's a good nature for Magearna? The first one I got was Quiet, and considering it's already really slow that seems like a good first roll.

Quiet seems super good for it

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Alxprit posted:

Modest. It's a bulky special attacker.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Just remember that Magearna is a gift legendary, so Synchronize works with it 100% of the time. You won't have to soft reset for the nature you want as long as you have the right Synchronizer.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Mizuti posted:

Dragon / Water / Steel was the default setup in XYORAS

I think the folks with the highest Battle Maison records did it with Dragonite/Aegislash/$THIRDTHING. I've been using scarfed Tapu Fini for the third slot and it's been pretty effortless to get my bottle caps.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mierenneuker posted:

2982-0483-8705 / Dennis
Since you can only recommend the facility that is at the first spot this probably requires PMs if you don't want the Rare Kitchen.

Can you add me I'd really like that kitchen

3969 8002 4035 Daddo

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I've been jamming Mega Metagross in the first slot, and he rips through most teams pretty easily; Xurkitree and Tapu Lele are my backups. Xurkitree comes in reasonably often, Tapu Lele is pretty rare.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

FishBulb posted:

Can you add me I'd really like that kitchen

Done. I'll be doing some wonder trading for the next half hour or so.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

i poop fire posted:

Dragon / Water / Steel was the default setup in XYORAS

I think the folks with the highest Battle Maison records did it with Dragonite/Aegislash/$THIRDTHING. I've been using scarfed Tapu Fini for the third slot and it's been pretty effortless to get my bottle caps.
Multiscale Choice Band Dragonite, or some kind of Dragon Dance set or what?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i haven't done the tree but multiscale dragonite with lum berry/dragon dance/outrage would tear up the maison

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

2982-0483-8705 / Dennis
Since you can only recommend the facility that is at the first spot this really requires PMs if you don't want the Rare Kitchen.

I'll take the rare kitchen if you don't mind. :D 4484-8908-1219.

Edit: It wants 1500FC for it ffs. But thanks anyways!

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 5, 2016

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Took me 700 eggs, but at least I was rewarded with good IVs and the right ability. Team progress: 5/6.

In completely unrelated news, I now have a box full of perfect IV Drampas if anyone wants one. Your choice of 6IV, 5IV with 0 Attack, 5IV with 0 Speed for Trick Room, and at least with the two first ones I have plenty of both Berserk and Sap Sipper ones.

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Multiscale Choice Band Dragonite, or some kind of Dragon Dance set or what?

oddium posted:

i haven't done the tree but multiscale dragonite with lum berry/dragon dance/outrage would tear up the maison

This one ^

I ripped the EV spread from the old Battle Maison thread on smogon:

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Roost

For the first 10-20 stages you can basically just DD->Outrage and watch yourself win.