Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Guys my fever feels like its back and I only have these wires left to identify. I can't figure out wiring diagrams any more tonight on my own.

There is also one other wire that while I think goes to pink/black shown here I can't manage to confirm via diagram.

Question wire is pink/black tracer. Its a 2 into 1 splice, all sections are identical color pink/BT. one connector is single wire into alternator, one connector seems to be EGR. then they join and go to where?

All these other wires are off the blue connector. Every wire to red connector has been positively identified and correctly attached and rechecked already. I just hate having loose ends.

Blue connector:

Wires left when my brain shut off. Color codes solid orange, orange/black tracer, solid purple, pink/black tracer, green/white tracer, brown/white tracer.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

:frogon:
I'm assuming its not drive-able, but I mean everything else works? Engines fires up, no issues from being upsidedown or anything like that?
Runs, drives, probably shouldn't be driven on the road because of cab roof damage. Rear glass busted. 4wd works, transmission shifts, afaik the a/c still works. Xfer case is manual floor shift.

Story I got from the PO was that it got clipped on the rear bumper as was slowing down for intersection, then went off the side of the road and rolled once down the embankment, said it landed on wheels. Oddly the hood and front fenders were completely undamaged...you probably wouldn't guess it went over just looking at it.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Guys my fever feels like its back and I only have these wires left to identify. I can't figure out wiring diagrams any more tonight on my own.

I wish I could help but am instead eagerly hoping someone with the divine insight necessary can do so. I am woefully unqualified in this project.

Feel better, bud. Hopefully you have some NyQuil and can surf the rings of Saturn in your fever dreams as you recover.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

There is also one other wire that while I think goes to pink/black shown here I can't manage to confirm via diagram.

Question wire is pink/black tracer. Its a 2 into 1 splice, all sections are identical color pink/BT. one connector is single wire into alternator, one connector seems to be EGR. then they join and go to where?

All these other wires are off the blue connector. Every wire to red connector has been positively identified and correctly attached and rechecked already. I just hate having loose ends.

Blue connector:

Wires left when my brain shut off. Color codes solid orange, orange/black tracer, solid purple, pink/black tracer, green/white tracer, brown/white tracer.

It looks like the wiring diagram I provided on the last page matches part of your connector there. The blue connector is E for the top row and F for the bottom row, I believe. So, since you have orange, pink/blk, gray as the first three wires, those are E16, E15, E14 on that diagram. So, solid orange is "battery feed" and goes to the fuel pump relay and fusible link (fuse box?). Pink/blk is fused ign, and ties in with the rest of the pink/blk wires that also are fused ign. Solid purple is brake switch. Annoyingly, I don't see an orange/blk on that connector. There's another orange on the other row, which is serial data to the diag port. Brown/white is "sys chk" light and goes to the instrument cluster. I'm having a hard time finding green/white, but there's a "light green" that goes to a shift solenoid (obv unused for your manual trans). Not sure if that's the same.

I hope this isn't wildly off base.

E: Actually, this one seems to match up a tad bit better. Hang on, let me go through it.

E2: Okay, yeah. The wires in question:

ORG: E16, +12V batt
ORG-BLK: not sure
PPL: E13, brake switch
PINK-BLK: E15, switched ign
GRN-WHT: F6, fuel pump relay control
BRN-WHT: E6, check engine light in dash

If you could tell us exactly which position that orange/black wire was going into, maybe we can give a little additional info on it? This latest diagram calls out E8 as "yellow/black" and it's a shift solenoid, so that's looking likely, although the wire looks pretty orange to me.

If it would be any help, here are all three pages of that wiring diagram:
http://imgur.com/a/UDkio

Raluek fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 5, 2016

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Just call it for the night and get some rest, if you haven't already. Even warboys get sick and need recovery time, after all.

Smokes and snacks are inbound, due to arrive tomorrow. Hopefully they give you the boost you need to get this done and dusted.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'll che k what orange/black goes to in a second I think it crimps to NETFLIX SIG but I just wanted to point out I noticed I'm taking notes in gulf colors by accident

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Orange/black appears to be F9, but *maybr * E9. Its in the 9 slot though and on Tue same side as green/white

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Orange/black appears to be F9, but *maybr * E9. Its in the 9 slot though and on Tue same side as green/white

Green/white is in F6, so yeah probably F9. That would indicate that it's diagnostic connector serial data. On the schematic I posted last page, that is called out as just plain "ORG", so that's probably correct.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
You might want to check to make sure that the wire positions I called out a couple posts ago match your reality, though. It looks like the two diagrams agree on pin position/function, but occasionally disagree on wire color.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Raluek posted:

occasionally disagree on wire color.

The British Leyland version of this thread would be terrible.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

cakesmith handyman posted:

The British Leyland version of this thread would be terrible.

Yeah, in this case the vehicle that caught fire was entirely auxillary to the project.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

So, how's the Jimmy?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

RIP Paul Walker posted:

So, how's the Jimmy?

Full of boogers, apparently.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Cold has evolved into sinus infection. Harness done. Preparing final bombing run prechecks now.

Wind is picking up. Grab some coffee, boys, its a long way back home from Stalingrad if we fail.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Lol I just coughed and made a new friend.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I will name him Sticky and we will be the best of friends. He'll hang with me even if it's windy. Oh Sticky, our smooshy friendship will be everlasting.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

14 BAR RIFF posted:

You make the best friends.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Its like Pandora is in my brain out here. loving Weedeater- God Luck and Good Speed followed by Earthless- Lost in the Cold Sun

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Lol its snowing again

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Cool booger *unsubscribes after puking on u*

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ExplodingSims posted:

But I don't think that will fit, as even this V8 is a pretty tight fit. But, Kastien suggested the L18, which based on what I've seen, does look like it'll fit.

I mean, I guess the L18 will fit, but you might be a little down on power:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Pham Nuwen posted:

I mean, I guess the L18 will fit, but you might be a little down on power:

Still more than what it came with from the factory :D

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Astonishing Wang posted:

Cool booger *unsubscribes after puking on u*

Like hitting unsubscribe is gonna stand between me and an astonishing wang

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Wind and snow increasing, luckily I can't feel anything any. More so work continu s

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Wind and snow increasing, luckily I can't feel anything any. More so work continu s

Wear more socks

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

And a warm hat. It's amazing how much warmer the rest of you feels, when your noggin is reasonably insulated.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Nothing like a good fire to keep you warm while you work.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Deteriorata posted:

Nothing like a good fire to keep you warm while you work.

Quick, someone send 14 a jeep!

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Get a hat with flaps.

And a barrel to start a fire in.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Tomarse posted:

Wear more socks

Haven't you kept up? The wind is pretty bonkers there, so they all blew away...

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Lol its snowing again

I hope you get some Florida time, it's wonderful here.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
WITNESS ME, BLOODBAGS

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 5, 2016

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Where's the snow?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
All that poo poo zipping by sideways lol

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Where's the snow?

On its way to Iowa, I think.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Its like Pandora is in my brain out here. loving Weedeater- God Luck and Good Speed followed by Earthless- Lost in the Cold Sun

Instead of working on trucks, lets just talk about how much you and I agree on music instead.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dan I am so sorry for what I am about to do.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

14 BAR RIFF posted:

All that poo poo zipping by sideways lol

Equip ear flap hat for maximum protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Live from the front lines

https://youtu.be/AHXXtIbrjy4

• Locked thread