Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical
Apr 6, 2011

but how can you build team "gently caress u faker" without the man himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Radical posted:

but how can you build team "gently caress u faker" without the man himself
mickey

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Chris de Sperg posted:

i honestly think p1 will finish top-3 regular season at the very least tbh

empty quoting this so i can report you to your bosses for a bad case of severe hot takes

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

who the gently caress is left for immortals to pick up? Duke?

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

RealFoxy posted:

Pray/Gorilla now confirmed on Longzhu Gaming

gently caress OFFFFFF

First Goldenglute on TL, now this. I can not wait to be heavily frustrated during spring season.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

i am fairly confident that easyhoon is worse than both of their previous mids so i think maybe just picking one of them would be a lot better choice.

Coco for sure is better than Easyhoon but not Frozen. He is basically Easyhoon lite. I don't know if u watched s3 MVP blue but there is a reason SKT T1 S built around Easyhoon.

Mechanically speaking they are pretty much on the same level and their laning phase plays out quite similar as well since they prefer playing scaling mages. They both played on lovely teams in the past but Eazyhoon stood out even among his garbage blue teammates. The best Frozen has looked is when the LCK has midlaners like Fly, Kuro, Tempt, Crush whoever the fk played mid in lck last few seasons. Eazyhoon played vs the likes of Rookie, Dade, Faker, Ambition. There is no comparision to be made. Unless you want to judge him from his split in LPL which was average at best but thatswhat Frozen has been his whole career.

LZ should definitely sign Easyhoon because they don't have Frozen or Coco, the only ones they resigned are Cuzz(#1 kr soloq sub last split), Crash, Justice and Zzus. I doubt Justice will be their starting mid since they seem to like signing big name players. If they can get Coco over Easyhoon that would be good too but Frozen is not as good as Easyhoon or Coco.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Easyhoon has champion pool issues. Sure he's great on control mages but that's a pretty severe limitation as your starter.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I do agree he is horrible on assassins atleast frozen can play lb, syndra and zed.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I've never seen easyhoon play an assassin so I'm going to assume he's very good at them.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I'd like to see Easyhoon play a Zed game in the way Bengi played Nidalee at Worlds, bumbling around the map with a lack of familiarity with the combos but still somehow carrying the whole team by accident

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i can't believe TL spent insane amounts of money getting reignover, were talking about getting huge pickups like smeb, and in the end i think P1 ended up with the better roster

lol

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Lovechop posted:

i can't believe TL spent insane amounts of money getting reignover, were talking about getting huge pickups like smeb, and in the end i think P1 ended up with the better roster

lol

Counterpoint: Goldenglutes

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Mata officially joins KT

SKT T1
Top: Huni/Profit
Jungle: Peanut/Blank
Mid: Faker
Bot: Bang
Sup: Wolf

KT Rolster
Top: Smeb
Jungle: Score
Mid: Pawn
ADC: Deft
Jungle: Mata

Worth nothing that a lot of Korean players were rumored to be going to Longzhu, including Marin/Dandy/Easyhoon. It should be looking more realistic since they were able to sign Pray/Gorilla.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
So...what happens to rox's LCK slot

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Kashuno posted:

So...what happens to rox's LCK slot
The owner/coach was trying to gather up a major sponsor which apparently fell apart with the whole roster leaving. Without the money it makes it harder to sign bigger names; even with 3/4th place money it's still a drop in the bucket when you've got to account for a split running an organization for a split + paying upper tier player's salaries. Even if they're only paying 20k per player, that's a fourth of their entire prize winnings, and I'd say most of that already went to paying out the former ROX members.

The ROX organization really has no reason for existing considering they were built around cast-off friends and they're not really a KeSPA org, and there's no other major org behind them. They'll probably end up selling out their spot.

There ARE still a lot of B+ talent unsigned that you could build a roster around, but without money or a sponsor what are you gonna do. ROX were still planning on playing with their old roster at IEM but with all the drama and three of their players signed to major organizations already it's hard to say if they'll even make it.

Susie Kim is trying to get all the Korean pros set up on Twitch now that the Azubu contracts are all up, it should really help a lot of players out financially regardless of what team they end up on. It was so sad to watch Longzhu players on Azubu playing a lot of really fun games (They had a horror game hour with Flame/Chaser once) but only getting a couple hundred viewers. Not everyone's going to end up a Peanut or Pray, but at least it's a lot easier to build a community on Twitch where there's already a lot of viewers.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Dec 5, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

Mata officially joins KT

SKT T1
Top: Huni/Profit
Jungle: Peanut/Blank
Mid: Faker
Bot: Bang
Sup: Wolf

KT Rolster
Top: Smeb
Jungle: Score
Mid: Pawn
ADC: Deft
Jungle: Mata

Worth nothing that a lot of Korean players were rumored to be going to Longzhu, including Marin/Dandy/Easyhoon. It should be looking more realistic since they were able to sign Pray/Gorilla.

Jesus christ LCK start already.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
KT lineup sounds good but pawn will feed every game i promise you

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Pawn will perform as a top 4 mid laner but since he's not solo killing faker people will call him over-rated and goons will claim he was never good™

No wait they're already doing that

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I don't see how Pawn can fail in that lineup. It's kind of like Huni, he might be the weakest link, but it's a pretty strong loving chain.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
if pawn can't succeed in that lineup he's dumb and bad imo

also holy poo poo goldenglue on TL

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
*extremely liquid steve voice* We didn't have to pay 100k what a loving bargin!!

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I hope GoldenGlutes hard carries every game.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
with how open noah has been about his team, i'll be real interested if immortals post a review of their offseason. it really feels like imt went from the precipse of something to having to fight their way out of relegations.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Is there any doubt that Marin is going to Longzhu at this point? It seems like the only reasonable destination left if he wants to go back to LCK.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Sexpansion posted:

Jesus christ LCK start already.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Sexpansion posted:

Is there any doubt that Marin is going to Longzhu at this point? It seems like the only reasonable destination left if he wants to go back to LCK.

he is going to replace ryan seacrest as host of random television events

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

He's going to join President Elect Trump's Cabinet as Secretary of State and negotiate by threatening to relegate each country if they do not comply.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just a reminder that TSM is going into the season with Wildturtle as ADC again lmao

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Asema posted:

Just a reminder that TSM is going into the season with Wildturtle as ADC again lmao

they always say their goal is to do well at worlds and then they pull poo poo like this instead of getting any of the great available free agents 🤔

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

they can't afford to get new free agents while they pay bjergson a loaf of bread

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
tsm finally commits to getting out of groups & after studying group stage winners and losers finally hit on the correct strategy: poo poo players who do dumb rear end crap and get lucky.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Work Friend Keven posted:

tsm finally commits to getting out of groups & after studying group stage winners and losers finally hit on the correct strategy: poo poo players who do dumb rear end crap and get lucky.

pretty gross of them to steal C9s strat like this yeah

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I didn't see it earlier but Winged is leaving Jin Air

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

with how open noah has been about his team, i'll be real interested if immortals post a review of their offseason. it really feels like imt went from the precipse of something to having to fight their way out of relegations.

Assuming the rumors are all true, I don't think a roster of Duke/Ssumday-Dardoch-Pobelter-RandomNAChallengerADC-Picaboo will have to fight for relegation, they'll just have frustratingly poor macro and underperform the sum of their parts. They will probably perform pretty similarly to the original Impact/Rush/XWX version of TiP.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
No

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3-H6-BSZE8

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Lovechop posted:

lol

They had to get Reignover in order to get Smeb so they spend a bunch on him hoping they could get Smeb afterwards. Other than the money one of the main reason he would join Liquid is because he is best friends with Reignover since the IM days. Liquid had a good plan. They got a jungler that is amazing at camping top and probably the best toplaner in the world. Obviously something went wrong. Smeb probably saw the KT team and thought they had a real chance to win things. I remember when DynamicQ started last season, Pawn would queue almost every game with Rox tigers so maybe they are friends.

Lourlo and GG at best are mediocre in NA LCS especially how each split stronger imports are being brought. Considering the NA talent left those players are pretty good imo. Maybe they could get Shipthur instead of GG? He is a bit better but also has probably reached his potential. Meanwhile Goldenglutes is worse right now but he has never played a full season of LCS so he might improve. Lourlo looked much improved in summer split but its hard to say if it was because Dardoch started camping top when Piglet left or did he really improve.

Also Selfie got dropped by Misfits. If they are using Kakao(rumored) and Ignar they probably going to have to get a native EU players. Mabye Fox, Betsy or Nukeduck. Don't really see why they would drop Selfie as he is pretty good.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

KaKao has already shown up in the Misfits house and i don't see them flying him over there for no reason since I don't think he's particularly close friends with Ignar. Selfie's already native EU so idk why he would have left for KaKao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Goldenglue > shiphtur in pretty much every way tbh

• Locked thread