Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

mariooncrack posted:

content marketing strategist

Hmmm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Is that a dirt sheet about dirt sheets

It sure is. A podcast too, and friggin awards.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Les is OK but it's still insane to me that website isn't some kind of elaborate parody

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

also how many people do you think vote on the sheeties, 200?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
How many people are nominated for Sheety Awards? About half that number.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

It's intentional irony that he's running and issuing the lovely Awards, right?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

at one time boasting a subscription to every reputable pay wrestling news service available, from Wrestling Observer, Pro Wrestling Torch, plus 1Wrestling.com and, later, PWInsider

Boasting

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

oatgan posted:

Les is OK but it's still insane to me that website isn't some kind of elaborate parody

after talking to some folks who know him/his process it still sort of is one.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

oatgan posted:

also how many people do you think vote on the sheeties, 200?

how many people do you think actually care if they win a sheety?

also, if bix and rovert win they should get mod powers here. its only right

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

mariooncrack posted:

This is the guy who runs sheet sandwich.

He also wrote an article on Dave being ripped at BOLA.

someone post the editorial cartoons he comissioned with Bryan as a sombrero wearing baby

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

exploded mummy posted:

someone post the editorial cartoons he comissioned with Bryan as a sombrero wearing baby

Also the one with Vinny disappearing into a ball pit

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

schweens posted:

how many people do you think actually care if they win a sheety?

Kris Zellner from between the sheets

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

achillesforever6 posted:

http://www.sheetsandwich.com/official-2016-sheetys-awards-polling-station/
Here are the categories and voting for this year's Sheety Pro Wrestling Journalism awards

Oh man I forgot all about Todd, he has his own podcast now? The horror

Edit: At least I can vote for Karl Stern for Best Voice

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 5, 2016

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Oh man I forgot all about Todd, he has his own podcast now? The horror

Edit: At least I can vote for Karl Stern for Best Voice
Todd has a show with Wade Keller. It's not bad.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I know it's a work but that promo Cyrus cut on Disco was fired up!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Todd has a show with Wade Keller. It's not bad.

Yes it is

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

The only good thing to come out of Todd Martin is that drop of the TODD MARTIN SEGMENT that's just a guy ranting while police sirens and gunshot noises repeat in the background

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I know it's a work but that promo Cyrus cut on Disco was fired up!

As if I didn't hate both guys enough as it was. Their fake podcast feud is the dumbest thing ever, and why they thought it would be a good idea to cut into funny/crazy wrestling storytime with that poo poo is beyond me.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Luigi Thirty posted:

The only good thing to come out of Todd Martin is that drop of the TODD MARTIN SEGMENT that's just a guy ranting while police sirens and gunshot noises repeat in the background

I liked Todd's wrestling book reviews.

Bruce Buffer's book review is always stay with me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The best Todd book review is the Dirty Dick Slater book.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the only good thing Todd ever did was discuss the legitimacy of Kevin Steens lawsuit against Ring of Honor

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Todd left The Observer not that long after I first subscribed from memory, and Filthy Tom was an amazing replacement.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The best thing Todd Martin ever did was post about how handicapped children should never be put over because he's scum.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Which one of you goons asked the question about Haku beating up a basketball team on this morning's WOR?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Dirty Dave Meltzer dropping bombs in the newest retro observer:

quote:

[Rollerjam] are dropping one team (Texas Rustlers) and did casting calls in seven major cities, looking for actors and actresses as opposed to skaters, inquiring with major talent agents and specifically asking for "types" (you know, 5-10, brunette hair, a certain look) as opposed to skating ability (originally they wanted people who were good skaters and having a good look was considered a plus for marketability...Anyway, I guess they need to make a rule for the new skaters that there can be no forward falls, or else there will be a mess of saline all over the track.

quote:

Filthy Animals did an interview calling Asya a mutt. She's not a mutt because dogs don't need to shave.

quote:

Sting threatened to shake Liz up and down until her breasts fell out of her top until Luger came out. Luger said he wanted to make friends. Sting, now a complete babyface (did I miss the turn, I only watch 100 hours of wrestling a week) didn't fall for his best friend's plea and gave him the Tongan death grip and went back to his thespianism. I think Russo likes this angle because Sting told him he's a thespian and Russo thought he could finally do a lesbian angle.

quote:

[Dustin Rhodes] then complained about the powers that be firing his father after 25 years of building wrestling. (By my recollection, he built wrestling for the first 12 of those years and spent the next 13 screwing it up but who is counting?).

quote:

Nash, in his Wizard garb, decided he was Karnak the Magnificent from Johnny Carson (70s Carson comedy isn't exactly cutting edge these days, is it?) although he did have a funny line, saying 316 was the number of times Undertaker and Austin fought on PPV last year. And I thought it was the number of consecutive bad matches Nash has had.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Luigi Thirty posted:

The best Todd related moment was when Meltzer whipped out his penis to compare its size to a hot dog that Todd was eating. I believe Manflurry was able to snap a photo when he went to the HoF.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I only remember Todd for that ROH-related segment where he discussed the legal aspects of causing someone to travel in time. That was pretty funny, otherwise he was just kind of whiny and I usually skipped his shows.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Who was that guy who used to call in to talk to Bryan and was always unbelievably annoying? I think he would talk about people in his neighborhood a lot, like someone building their house directly in the way of the sun or something that petty.

I just want to remember the hate I had.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

AMReese posted:

Who was that guy who used to call in to talk to Bryan and was always unbelievably annoying?

take your pick

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

My favourite was the guy who always had 2 preliminary questions before his actual question. John from Florida or something maybe?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

AMReese posted:

Who was that guy who used to call in to talk to Bryan and was always unbelievably annoying? I think he would talk about people in his neighborhood a lot, like someone building their house directly in the way of the sun or something that petty.

Ryan from Cumberland?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

dave and bryan's hangup about it being called an ironman match when the competitors are women is real dumb

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Dave Meltzer sells a Bayley bear

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Price Check posted:

Which one of you goons asked the question about Haku beating up a basketball team on this morning's WOR?

The answer to Who Called Into WOR is almost always Luigi

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
That little kid Curtis that called in a few times

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Mob posted:

The answer to Who Called Into WOR is almost always Luigi

It wasn't me. I text into WOL.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

Dave Meltzer sells a Bayley bear

http://tindeck.com/listen/alxn

OctoberCountry fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 6, 2016

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

St Evan Echoes posted:

My favourite was the guy who always had 2 preliminary questions before his actual question. John from Florida or something maybe?

John from Tennessee and he's been back in recent weeks! :suicide:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

AMReese posted:

That's Brent, I remember the sun building story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/806513748664090624
New Shake Them Ropes for this week

• Locked thread