Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
Everyone here just running the minimum two gears runs a day?
That's where I am at, only things worth it on the banner is the cheaper tickets and *maybe* the cheap awakening mats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

My exciting Exvius weekend was just farting around and grinding Awakening or challenges. I set up my arena team to Maxwell spamming Genesis, CoD spamming Darkside via Diablos, Faris Bladeblitzing until Cecil/WoL is left who eats Full Breaks, and Tellah who raises CoD's or spams Recall praying for Death. I haven't even bothered pulling, I'm hoarding for Orlandu or w/e other cool characters are coming up.

Really this event got me to work on my Seven Knights team and grinding trash and squeezing them all together. Thanks Gumi!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Scrublord Prime posted:

Praying for Death.

This is me. During this event.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Oh yeah, my half price pull today was a gold crystal. 4* Bartz.

I never had a Bartz before the FFV event and now I've pulled two in the past week. At least this makes for a faster Doublehand grind and saves me some Sacred Crystals since now I don't have to awaken the 3* one.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I pulled. Golden Vanille'd.

I was hoping for a good non-banner character like Garland or Exdeath though.

Gonna get me those tickets and maybe...

gimme your Vanille. GIMME.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Looking at the wiki, Vanille isn't terrible. She gets both Focus and Cheer, as well as Keep It Up, which gives a unit Auto-Revive for three turns. She gets Esuna, and Cure, Cura, and Curaga... no Curaja though. Deshell and Deprotect, too (like anyone doesn't have those unlocked on every single Esper anyway.)

She's not a primary healer (because no Curaja) by any means, she's a buffer who can make sure your healer (hopefully one with Raise or Full-Raise) never dies. Vanille, Cecil and Refia, with maybe CoD and WoL looks to be a crazy defensive combo.

And that cool yo-yo stick attack.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

remember folks, when people in the discord chat pressure you to pull, do it

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008

Tengames posted:

Do it.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Tengames posted:

I was scrolling slow enough to laugh at the top row, then saw the second row and would like to extend my congratulations. That's some good results.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
One upside of this awful event is that I finally set up a macro for TM. I also just pulled a Cecil to get in on that excaliber action, no dual wield unfortunately.

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.
I've read the Orlandu banner is coming up, but who else was on his banner? Did the other FFT units get a rate up? Because while I am not banking on hitting the 6* jackpot out of it, I wouldn't mind a chance at getting Agrias. She would round out my team really well, as well as having that eventual 6* upgrade.

...Orlandu would also help, but chasing the dragon has burned me before in these games.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

The Happy Hyperbole posted:

I've read the Orlandu banner is coming up, but who else was on his banner? Did the other FFT units get a rate up? Because while I am not banking on hitting the 6* jackpot out of it, I wouldn't mind a chance at getting Agrias. She would round out my team really well, as well as having that eventual 6* upgrade.

...Orlandu would also help, but chasing the dragon has burned me before in these games.

Gumi has been doing some of the banners out of order and a few with different characters (we actually got a better ff5 banner since the JP one didnt have bartz and exdeath on it )

The JP banner, according to the the exvius wiki had Orlandu, Soleil, Lawrence, and Ovelia, with orlandu being the only base 5. We might see gumi stack it with razma and friends, just to lower the odds since people are gonna megawhale for it.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Who the hell is Soleil and Lawrence

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tengames posted:

Gumi has been doing some of the banners out of order and a few with different characters (we actually got a better ff5 banner since the JP one didnt have bartz and exdeath on it )

The JP banner, according to the the exvius wiki had Orlandu, Soleil, Lawrence, and Ovelia, with orlandu being the only base 5. We might see gumi stack it with razma and friends, just to lower the odds since people are gonna megawhale for it.

Maybe they'll listen to my prayers and give us some global exclusive tactics advance characters or something.

:( I really like tactics advance, guys.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Who the hell is Soleil and Lawrence

lovely OCs. Judging by thier wiki pages they suck.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, yes, everything sucks if you immediately compare them to Orlandu.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
so have they banned people injection hacking or are they still out there

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Cry Havoc posted:

so have they banned people injection hacking or are they still out there

There was an announcement that they are aware of the situation and are monitoring it closely. Whatever that means. Maybe some strays got banned but there hasn't been the usual cryout that comes from big ban waves like recently in Overwatch.

I wouldn't risk it on my main account currently.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Vax posted:

There was an announcement that they are aware of the situation and are monitoring it closely. Whatever that means. Maybe some strays got banned but there hasn't been the usual cryout that comes from big ban waves like recently in Overwatch.

I wouldn't risk it on my main account currently.

I assume anyone who tries any big time bullshit will be banned from here on out. But you could probably do some small side stuff and get away with it. I wouldn't try making fake lapis though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Lightning and some other chumps on next banner, Lightning gets rate ups for gears.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

Lightning and some other chumps on next banner, Lightning gets rate ups for gears.

100% rate up for Lightning. Why they didn't just have that to begin with, we'll never know (yes we do Gumi is somewhat incompetent.)

EDIT: Half price draw was... Firion number two.

:getin:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 6, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
1/2 price was Gold, Chizuru #3. Decided to blow some of the event tickets:

3* Freya
4* Bartz
4* Fran
3* Kuja

Not terrible pulls but I want a Snow to compliment my Xiao darn it.

Glad I waited till next weekend to grind out this banner. Not putting Lightning on it from the beginning was super sketchy.

What's the deal with the new trial? Announcement page wouldn't load. (guessing it's the 2-headed dragon, what's the reward for that?)

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Dec 6, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The reward is a +45 DEF helm that apparently gets better when worn with heavy armor.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Yeah, gently caress the hanging edge, I'm going all in on cactaur weekend. Hope and Fang don't look that great, but I hope more goons end up with her royal pinkness.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

Hope and Fang don't look that great, but I hope more goons end up with her royal pinkness.

As I'd said in the Discord, Hope is strictly a shittier Tellah with a useless TM, Fang is strictly a shittier Kain with a situational and not great TM.

Everyone talks about how they love FF13 but this sure paints the opposite picture.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
After looking at next weeks banner, I decided to burn 10 tickets chasing snow. Didn't get him, but I did get Cecil #2, Refia #2, another shantoto, 2 Sashs, and the rest trash. Not bad, but I'll just do daily pulls till Orlandu, then burn the last 30 tickets I've stockpiled.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Dump all on Lightning or wait for Orlandu banner?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
6 of one, half a dozen of the other. I'm not going to get either of them so I might as well chase the dragon

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Sure but I read that Orlandu also has a terrible banner where either you do not pull at all or you pull hard and whale $500+ AT least. JP players saying that on average $1000 were needed for like a 95%+ chance to get him. We won't have the summon change by then and the unit pool will be even bigger when he arrives. So even if you get Rainbow after Rainbow the chance to actually pull him is very small like 0,0125% or something. Ridiculous.

And I just read up that Agrias 6* with Enhancements is basically mini-Orlandu. Agrias being around 10% less ATK wise but otherwise basically the same skill HolyExplosion DW Excalibur. In a perfect world you would want to chain both obviously.

But yeah other than that, keep on....

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I can't find the will to even do the daily quests anymore, and it's because I have so many characters to level and no effective way to do it.

Maybe this weekend I'll just mash every cactuar into my ExDeath to 6* him, followed by Bartz, Agrias and then maybe the other 3 ExDeaths I've gotten in the last week.

I haven't stepped into the Arena since the bug last week either. Maybe I'll just finish up my Blood Sword.

I keep holding out for Orlandu so I can make some turbo characters but leveling anything without a special event is just horrible.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Well, we're getting cactuar dunes this weekend :v:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

m.hache posted:

I can't find the will to even do the daily quests anymore, and it's because I have so many characters to level and no effective way to do it.

Maybe this weekend I'll just mash every cactuar into my ExDeath to 6* him, followed by Bartz, Agrias and then maybe the other 3 ExDeaths I've gotten in the last week.

I haven't stepped into the Arena since the bug last week either. Maybe I'll just finish up my Blood Sword.

I keep holding out for Orlandu so I can make some turbo characters but leveling anything without a special event is just horrible.

You are not alone bro. We all are thinking the same actually.

I still would like to level a second ExBro. Then I have Bartz and Firion queued up at least. Then I could level a 3rd ExBro or level up the Chorizo I daily pulled on this stupid banner. Or one of the other characters that will probably never ever see max lvl.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vax posted:

You are not alone bro. We all are thinking the same actually.

I still would like to level a second ExBro. Then I have Bartz and Firion queued up at least. Then I could level a 3rd ExBro or level up the Chorizo I daily pulled on this stupid banner. Or one of the other characters that will probably never ever see max lvl.

The worst part is both Memu and Nox have been randomly hard locking on me for no apparent reason so I can't even effectively grind TM's like I used to be able to.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

m.hache posted:

The worst part is both Memu and Nox have been randomly hard locking on me for no apparent reason so I can't even effectively grind TM's like I used to be able to.

Memu 2.8.6 has been nothing but really stable for me. In one week of full nearly 24/7 TM farming I maybe see the Memu locked and not reacting 2 times. I also noticed I can tune this down drastically by rebooting my rig every 12 hours at least. Since I'm doing this I rarely had a lockup. Maybe once in 14 days or so.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vax posted:

Memu 2.8.6 has been nothing but really stable for me. In one week of full nearly 24/7 TM farming I maybe see the Memu locked and not reacting 2 times. I also noticed I can tune this down drastically by rebooting my rig every 12 hours at least. Since I'm doing this I rarely had a lockup. Maybe once in 14 days or so.

I'll have to see how it's running today. I did some updates to various drivers on my system and cleaned up some junk. Windows 10 updates seems to have hosed up a bunch of items on my PC.

May end up doing a full reformat this weekend just to clean out the cobwebs.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Well, now there is definitely no reason to do the Hanging Edge this week if there will basically be another 100% increase in drops starting on Friday.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
aaand my 70+ streak is gone as soon as the game crashes for no reason, before the freggin arena match even starts

welp

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.
How the hell are you supposed to finish the Blazing Assault on Widow's Cape without any deaths? The grenade bosses have too much health and defense to one-turn even rocking a decent team with a really strong friend unit, and as a result their self-destruct deals somewhere between 6k-17k. I have tried whittling them down one by one, but the process of having to get them to like 65% and hope to lower them enough on the second turn to avoid the fatal explosion is too finicky to do reliably. Am I missing something that makes this easier? I've fully cleared everything else out, even leviathan was easier than this one!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Tengames posted:

lovely OCs. Judging by thier wiki pages they suck.

Soleil gets a 60% buff dance for every main stat, 30% entire party confuse, sleep, blind and silence songs and immunity herself to sleep, paralyze, confuse and petrify. If she can use white magic materia she might be a pretty useful support character, especially in areana.

Lawrence looks very mediocre though, but he does get inherent barrage which might make him useful if you are lacking a Chorizo, CoD, Butz or one of the other 6* barragers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

m.hache posted:

Same, except I'm pretty sure it's the one two punch of this aggressively awful banner/event, and the terrible "no black magic" rule in the arena that just burned me out. I don't even bother doing my dailies now because I just don't care about the event and its awful grind. It's a shame, because I spent some money on the black Friday sale packages, and just finished dual wield for my CoD, but this is the absolute nadir of my giving a poo poo about this game. If they'd released this event a couple weeks earlier I could've saved that money haha

It doesn't help that FF13 is probably the one I care least about, as well

• Locked thread