Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I mean, if you want to go to lengths to excuse the whiteness of the TAZ comic, you could just say that D&D is based off of Tolkien/European myth & fantasy and in addition, the characters are based off of the players.

To me, that's a perfectly valid reason for THB to be white, but I don't yell at kindhearted theatreboys on twitter, so my expectations are different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I sincerely don't think the firestorm was about TAZ whiteness. People got sad about that, but Travis and Justin are quickly said they were right. The "I need to get off the moment" seems to have been travis's later statement. I don't see that Justin got wrapped up in any further drama after speaking out in support of the fan canons.

Travis has taken on a lot more social justice in his account (e.g., the "I am holding your hand" project). I think, as was said before, it comes down to a well-meaning white guy who learned that not every topic is one he should delve into.

Also, I talked about the risk of fan canon drama a month ago, and people basically accused me of spinning paranoid fantasies. Just saying.

Edit: Also also, this is how Angus looks now in my head:

https://twitter.com/rah_ciach/status/802982717075890176

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Dec 5, 2016

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
If they can't use Klaarg because of copyrights, they definitely can't use Black Angus.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
edit: oops forget that nonsense.

I've only heard if on the Car Boys comment section, but why do people keep using "boys" to refer to the two? Soft boys is an especially frequent variant. Where does this running gag come from?

From the McElroy shows I've tried Bachelor (America), America's Next Top Model, Are You the One and Terrace House and honestly I struggled getting to the end of a season. Terrace House is the most enjoyable out of the lot, but I'm still struggling. How can Griffin (and Justin) handle all these reality shows?

The only show recommended by a McElroy I enjoy is Travis' Galavant, which just cements my opinion that he's the best McElroy

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Dec 5, 2016

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Edit: meh

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Dec 5, 2016

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

toanoradian posted:

I've only heard if on the Car Boys comment section, but why do people keep using "boys" to refer to the two? Soft boys is an especially frequent variant. Where does this running gag come from?

Soft Boys specifically comes from a Cool Games Inc. bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc65q1EPgDU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

toanoradian posted:

edit: oops forget that nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYZl_YOMg7E

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
no way, i remember seeing soft boys before coolgames inc even existed

i have just discovered that coolgames inc is almost a year old so it's entirely possibly i boned the timing on that one

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

It most assuredly did, but that's just the moment I know as cementing Soft Boy canon.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The boys thing is a Griffin original. It pops up a few times in mbmbam even, but it really took flight when Monster Factory got started. It's in everything Griffin does.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Final Pam body with Garfield the Deals Warlock head? Or Garfield the Deals Warlock body, Final Pam head?

G.A.R.F.I.E.L.D. head

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I always figured the softboys thing was them owning and taking the power out of an insult, like cuck on stonerz.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I like the running gag but sometimes Griffin's jokes get to the point where I'm not sure if it's a joke and/or a fetish.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

Vore is a lifestyle.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

pray for my aunt posted:

Vore is a lifestyle.

and a hell of a way to go. Le grande mort.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Griffin lifestyle determines his deathstyle

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

The Modern Leper posted:

Edit: Also also, this is how Angus looks now in my head:

https://twitter.com/rah_ciach/status/802982717075890176

In my head Angus is just Ginger Detective Conan because it's the perfect mix of his precociousness and his way of making people slam dunk him all the time.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

showbiz_liz posted:

This is probably not a new theory but it occurred to me a couple days ago - has this entire campaign been one iteration of a massive time loop? Wipe the guys' brains using a baby Voidfish from one of those eggs, reset time with the chalice. That would explain all the dying they supposedly did pre-Eleventh Hour that they didn't remember. I just went back to listen to the Eleventh Hour because I was thinking about this, and Griffin does say that the first time they die 'feels familiar.'

Aight I have fleshed out this theory some after finishing re-listening to that arc- the red robe guy at the end of that arc seemed very surprised that Tres Horny Boys resisted the lure of the cup - if they are stuck in a loop, maybe every time they experienced this loop before, one of them said yes to the offer. Possibly because they made worse mistakes on previous loops and wanted to fix them. That would explain why we had a whole episode dedicated to that offer, even though it was obvious to us that none of them would take the cup up on it - it sort of seemed like a waste of time THEN, but it may be narratively important later.

mythomanic
Aug 19, 2009
Oooh boy, finally the next generation of McElroys are starting to podcast.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

This was so cute :3: I hope they do another every now and then

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I can't stop smiling while listening to this. Or while watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhn2m6_rM3Y

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I feel they didn't explore the ceiling subject deep enough. Hope this kind of rookie mistakes get ironed out as the show goes on.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'm finally up to The Suffering Games.

I think I still can't process what happened last month and am still in that funk. I picked up the Adventure Zone in a depressive haze and binged right on through it after the past couple of weeks. If I ever meet any of the McElorys I wanna give them the biggest god drat hug I can and Thank then. I know the point of it is a DnD play session and them making stupid jokes Holy poo poo, Taako getting the Sword of Doom from Costco But for me TAZ has become WAY more about the B.O.B, The Relics, and the entire world the four have them have manage to build.Griffin really is THAT Good of a DM and the boys are all around good storytellers. The ending to The elenth Hour and Refuge eventually becoming synced back up with the correct time was really touching I thought. This show over the past week was somethign I really needed and I hate that I got into it so late and that I missed the Adventure Zine.

The Tres Horny Boys aren't exactly The Fellowship of the One Ring, but I thenk the three of them are exactly the kind of heroes I need right now.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/MikeLLunsford/status/804810262825971713

If I ever Cosplay Taako, this is what i'm going off of.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 6, 2016

optimuspyro
Jan 17, 2013
Oh my god. The Charlie and daddy show is so great.

Bye mommy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
this nepotism in the podcast world is what's killing the industry from the inside.

No but for real that was adorable

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Excellent loving ep this week!!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

purple death ray posted:

Excellent loving ep this week!!

The thought that the Cheers crew calling out Norm is actually a warning of incoming doomshits has changed my life

Also re: fans, I wish they would stop running the just like Bart joke into the ground. My suspicion is that the Bart ep of Monster Factory is a real popular starter ep and new fans show up and reference it.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 6, 2016

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Also re: fans, I wish they would stop running the just like Bart joke into the ground. My suspicion is that the Bart ep of Monster Factory is a real popular starter ep and new fans show up and reference it.

one of my favorite moments in the Turbovicki saga is when Justin starts saying the thing about the Bart Mii and the video immediately cuts away to Turbovicki vs. DickCheney

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Between ruining famous toilets and 'I'm gonna kick his rear end' this was easily one of the best episodes

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

It's bullshit that all three mcelroy brothers are white I think Justin should be a black dude instead

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

GNU Order posted:

It's bullshit that all three mcelroy brothers are white I think Justin should be a black dude instead

My head cannon is Justin is black and Griffin is a 90 foot python with a Travis shaped lump in the middle.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

GNU Order posted:

You must really like when Garyl shows up on TAZ then.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I was actually wondering if anybody would be playing a woman in the next arc. That could be great, or alternately, very bad.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Justin's character from TAZ Nights, Thoth, is a woman. She is, in fact, pretty great.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Ariong posted:

Justin's character from TAZ Nights, Thoth, is a woman. She is, in fact, pretty great.

Is there more than one ep of TAZ nights?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Nope,. Hopefully they pick it up once the current campaign is done.

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Drunkboxer posted:

My head cannon is Justin is black and Griffin is a 90 foot python with a Travis shaped lump in the middle.

Surely Travis is the python and Griffin the swallowee? Or has Travis now received some of Griffin's vore passion?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Everyone knows Griffin is a dog. That's why he's such a rufferage activist.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Stumiester posted:

Surely Travis is the python and Griffin the swallowee? Or has Travis now received some of Griffin's vore passion?

Based on amiibo corner I think there's a strong argument for Griffin doing the swallowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This was the first genuinely funny MBMBAM in like a year.