Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

CratSock posted:

Alonso has a giant samurai tattoo on his back, I think he likes working for the only Japanese engine provider just fine. Also, he seems to enjoy ripping around the track in NSX'es and Honda bikes for kicks.

He would probably enjoy a 3rd WDC a lot more than any of that

Norns fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

If Ron Dennis is to be believed, there were no escape clauses in Alonso's McLaren contract and it is properly ironclad. If that really is the case, I doubt McLaren would easily be tempted by the prospect of buying out his final year given that the road car and technology business sustains the F1 team even without a title sponsor.

McLaren Automotive is a separate company that the group only directly owns 3% of. McLaren Applied Technologies is a relatively tiny business. The F1 team is funded primarily by Honda, who love Alonso more than anything in the entire world.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Jizzi Raikkonen.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nando to Mercedes isn't going to happen even though it should for the good of the sport. Instead were probably going to get Fast Heikki 2.0

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I just don't want Lewis to win another WDC

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Norns posted:

He would probably enjoy a 3rd WDC a lot more than any of that

Probably true...

wicka posted:

The F1 team is funded primarily by Honda, who love Alonso more than anything in the entire world.

... but so is this.

I know I might be too optimistic here, but I'm not the only one who thinks McLaren could look really good next year. If I'm being totally honest, then no, I don't really expect them to challenge for the title, but I am hopeful that they can be competing with Red Bull and Ferrari, and at least scoring podiums.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

I just don't want Lewis to win another WDC

He probably will

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CratSock posted:

Probably true...

... but so is this.

I know I might be too optimistic here, but I'm not the only one who thinks McLaren could look really good next year. If I'm being totally honest, then no, I don't really expect them to challenge for the title, but I am hopeful that they can be competing with Red Bull and Ferrari, and at least scoring podiums.

I think McLaren will have the third best car, behind Mercedes and Red Bull, and I expected Alonso to have a decent chance at the title if he did Alonso things and the Merc and Red Bull drivers took points off each other. With Rosberg out of the picture, though, I find it hard to believe this isn't Hamilton's title to lose.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

CratSock posted:

I think it's extremely likely that they'll be in the top three, especially with the Ferrari implosion this year but any shot at a title is likely going to be down to luck and Nando dragging something extra out of the car.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nando fighting for the title is a completely realistic scenario if they have the second best car by the European rounds. Like if Rosberg got better starts than Lewis then Fernando is probably going to be leading into the first corner at alot of races.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I just have a feeling after two years of blueballs gp2 cars, Nando would be hungry as hell in any podium capable car.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I cant imagine he doesnt have a performance clause they arent even approching. Im not at all convinced however that mclaren wont be faster than mercedes. That would be the ultimate finish to fernando "11 year since a WDC" alonso, it would be the third team on a row he left before they went on a race-winning performance tear.

What do you mean? Ferarri haven't even come close to challenging for the title since Alonso left.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
talking about jizz, I wonder what the response was of some people here when they read that mercedes is seriously considering alonso.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

mrfart posted:

talking about jizz, I wonder what the response was of some people here when they read that mercedes is seriously considering alonso.

:awesome:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Lonso is gonna go to Mercedes and fulfill the prophecy by becoming the 2017 WDC

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
As a finnish acquaintance noted:

Alonso to Mercedes? They're going to have a poo poo car then.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I want to imagine Nico carrying around that trophy everywhere from now on, going to the pharmacy, to a restaurant, to the in-laws, etc.

https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/status/806160694785835008

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

McLaren Automotive is a separate company that the group only directly owns 3% of. McLaren Applied Technologies is a relatively tiny business. The F1 team is funded primarily by Honda, who love Alonso more than anything in the entire world.

Ah, fair enough. Still, they picked up something like $80m from the constructors in 2015 despite their dismal performance. So couple that with the Honda sugar daddy bux and the point still stands.

Actually, kind of like a sugar daddy they pay McLaren's bills and in exchange McLaren have to do things they're not keen on. Like having Honda inside of them. :classiclol:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Vandoorne has chosen #2 for next year (because he's the poo poo) and Stroll will race with #18.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I bet Stoffel is going to do really well with a pretty decent car and Sky will try like crazy to manufacture a Max v. Stoff rivalry

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Here's the sky clip. Toto seems like he's not having a good holiday season.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10685109/mercedes-considering-fernando-alonso-to-replace-nico-rosberg

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Out of curiosity does anyone know how much Sky pays Toto and Horner to do interviews with them? Like 6 figures?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Out of curiosity does anyone know how much Sky pays Toto and Horner to do interviews with them? Like 6 figures?

I'm sure Horner does it for free because he's an attention whore.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

There should be no uglies allowed in F1. Verstrappon out immediately

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I've reported hundreds of posts using the "Poois" insult and yet wicka is still at large... can we get a neutral British mod???

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Forums Moderator 'Hand Knit' posted:

Rivals.com poo poo. User loses posting privileges for 1 day.

What the gently caress does that mean? This mod must like the sportsball or something, he clearly does not understand the fine culture of the worst thread

poty
Jun 21, 2008

El Hefe posted:

I want to imagine Nico carrying around that trophy everywhere from now on, going to the pharmacy, to a restaurant, to the in-laws, etc.

https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/status/806160694785835008

He should give it to its rightful owners: Niki Lauda, Angela Merkel and Lewis' mechanics

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

What the gently caress does that mean? This mod must like the sportsball or something, he clearly does not understand the fine culture of the worst thread

It is illegal and highly risky to post things like Poois Shamilton, Sebshitstain Vesmell, Pooderia Ferrari, ShitClaren, or Nico Fraudberg in this thread. Please do not post any of those things or anything like that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

It's a bad internet forum where people make annoying, lazy puns. I don't know what Rivals.com is.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The worst I've seen is Failpeepee Assa. I reported that post so many times.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

poty posted:

The worst I've seen is Failpeepee Assa. I reported that post so many times.

Thankfully he has retired from the series, likely due to this online abuse.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I did post "Pasta Maldonado" :ohdear:

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 6, 2016

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

It is illegal and highly risky to post things like Poois Shamilton, Sebshitstain Vesmell, Pooderia Ferrari, ShitClaren, or Nico Fraudberg in this thread. Please do not post any of those things or anything like that.

I would use "Shitbastian", personally.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

How do you not go for the very obvious Pooderia Shitrrari?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Because it's obvious that Schooled-Duhria Farcerarri works better.

Or Scu-Diarrhea Fartrarri.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 6, 2016

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm a big fan of poo poo Bull and the Colgate Bogan

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Because it's obvious that Schooled-Duhria Farcerarri works better.

Or Scu-Diarrhea Fartrarri.

I still consider Farce India to be the high point in my posting career and it was all downhill from there.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

What's the rule on World Champion Nico Bossberg?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Massa kicking Williams when they're down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
If I was Mercedes I would take that into strong consideration , especially if they can get him on a one-year contract with performance clause for cheap.

• Locked thread