Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm already looking at my fairly tiny AdMech collection and thinking "...I want a Battle Maniple."

Although I also want SoB allies when they come out. And I only have finite money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

ANAmal.net posted:

That's kind of where I'm at now, working on a Demi-Company for the Lion's Blade detachment, and yeah, it's proving a lot more effective, and motivating, then just painting random trash units that either don't fit in a list or will get insanely dumpstered as soon as they hit the table.

I've got enough bros that it's a legal formation now, but I wanted a break from doing power armor so I'm painting up the Calth Contemptor. Once Daishi finally gets me my part of the Prospero box I can finish out the command squad.

sup Lion's Blade bro :respek:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

MasterSlowPoke posted:

They're going follow another company's ideas in order to duplicate the success of the NES Classic.

Realtalk, If GW put out a box with 30 models from the 1980s I'd buy the gently caress out of it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

It's a single resin model, like the various special 30k ones they had recently.

Speaking of, there was meant to be another one out soon, no?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Do GW stores let you preorder or will I have to be in line at 8am to get a cannon was

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

goodness posted:

Do GW stores let you preorder or will I have to be in line at 8am to get a cannon was

If the models are going to be that rare, they'll probably reserve them for long time patrons and enthusiasts at their store.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The other limited edition Resins haven't been on pre-order, so I'm not sure that the Cannoness are gonna be sold the same way. Probably gonna be popular though, pre-order if you can.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i found 12 fire warriors, 2 drones, 3 xv86 crisis suits and 6 pathfinders. where should i go from here?

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

VikingSkull posted:

sup Lion's Blade bro :respek:
:unsmith:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

BuffaloChicken posted:

This post, especially in the context of the horror-posts surrounding it, makes me so grateful for you and the rest of our group. Thanks again for helping teach them the game during that first Ham Slam and for keeping their hobby/game balls rolling! I'm painting up the Toxicrene/Maleceptor from you guys right now and can't wait to get in some Genestealer Cult games soon.

Yeah, they're a good crew. SRM is also a stand-up guy, and it was loads of fun playing with him when he was down here, even if he did completely wreck my poo poo with that goddamn mortar.

Outside of the one guy ANAmal and I were talking about, I don't really have many stories of total shitlords I've gamed with. I've played with plenty of randos at hobby stores in my time, but the biggest problems I've had tended to be all related to having armies of wildly disparate strength, based on having differing ideas about what we wanted to bring to a pick-up game. Which isn't really a problem with them or me, but more a clear issue with the game. Even in the case of the dude putting his Rhino on top of a wall and driving through buildings with a dangerous terrain test I can't really fault him because that was totally allowable in the rules pre-FAQ. And the worst thing that happened in that game was I lost, but he was pretty decent about it. The games weren't much fun, but that tended to be more because "I brought an army that couldn't reasonably kill 3 Imperial Knights" than "My opponent had nazi-themed guardsmen and vomited on the table."

That's kind of a bigger challenge with the 40k balance though---it's actually easier to figure out how to build an army for a tournament, where you can get an idea of the "meta" beforehand than it is to figure out a decent "pick up game all comers list" that will be fun but also not wildly out of balance with most opponents.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

hell yeah

I'm only like halfway through my first Demi-Company sadly, I still need some vehicles, but I have all the troops to make the whole 3rd Company atm

6 upgrade sprues simply so all my tac sgts can have the same baller helm :negative:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah, they're a good crew. SRM is also a stand-up guy, and it was loads of fun playing with him when he was down here, even if he did completely wreck my poo poo with that goddamn mortar.

If it makes you feel better, when I played TheSexCannon he completely wrecked my poo poo with his mortars, so I now know how the other half lives.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

TheChirurgeon posted:

True Story: SRM saved me from losing my wallet just outside of London. I dropped it on a bus we were on and didn't realize it. He is a true hero.

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
pwease no steppy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
If you're going to do a one-off Sisters model, that's a drat fine choice of inspiration.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

paint half her hair black and you've got a siamarine :downsrim:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Skulltitties

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Snollygoster posted:

pwease no steppy

This owns.

This also owns. Dark Angels look bad as poo poo in force like that, and I love that their chapter's thing is that they aren't all the same color scheme. I should take some big family portraits like that of my dudes (I have like, half as many as you've got, at the most).

VikingSkull posted:

hell yeah

I'm only like halfway through my first Demi-Company sadly, I still need some vehicles, but I have all the troops to make the whole 3rd Company atm

6 upgrade sprues simply so all my tac sgts can have the same baller helm :negative:

Those sprues are great, I picked up a couple so that all my non-Dark Vengeance dudes still get a logo on their shoulder pad, and the heads and plasma pistol bits are so cool that I keep using them even though plasma pistols have exploded and killed the user (multiple times a game) more than they've ever done anything useful (cored out a Dreadnought with some lucky sixes, once, ever).

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Wow, I was expecting it to be a must buy, but drat - doesn't do it for me despite loving the original Blanche artwork.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
How did she survive not being purged when she's a mutant with lobster claws for feet.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Snollygoster posted:

pwease no steppy

gently caress
yes

quote:

You will be able to pre-order Adepta Sororitas Canoness Veridyan this weekend, and she will only be available while stocks last..
gently caress
no

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

ineptmule posted:

Wow, I was expecting it to be a must buy, but drat - doesn't do it for me despite loving the original Blanche artwork.

Really? I'm very impressed with that model

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

Without trying to starting a fight about sexism in wargames blah blah blah, this is a little too dominatrixy for my taste, maybe if it wasn't painted black?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Without trying to starting a fight about sexism in wargames blah blah blah, this is a little too dominatrixy for my taste, maybe if it wasn't painted black?
It's a super faithful recreation of some classic John Blanche artwork:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Lord Twisted posted:

Also plastic sisters only 1-2boxes per GW? Are they mad?

To be fair, maybe their production is already booked with other releases coming up? I mean the Agents codex covers a -lot- of factions.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

SRM posted:

It's a super faithful recreation of some classic John Blanche artwork:

Cool? I get that this is the iconic look for Sisters, but I guess I was hoping they would change it since the Sisters of Silence models in Burning of Prospero looked so different.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Cool? I get that this is the iconic look for Sisters, but I guess I was hoping they would change it since the Sisters of Silence models in Burning of Prospero looked so different.

Sisters of Silence are not Sisters of Battle.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I just don't get why they'd do it in resin? I understand re-doing old metal models in resin and stuff but if it's a new sculpt then why not plastic?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Snollygoster posted:

pwease no steppy

[bad romance intensifies]

Really dig the model. Leg looks just a 'lil off as they've angled it higher than it is in the Blanche piece, kinda disappointed they didn't include the flamethrowers in the boot.

But of course they'd release it the same weekend as the Total Warhammer Wood Elves DLC, and a week before I get my Xmas paycheck. :shepicide:

Edit:

Just a thought, if this is the third FW limited edition, perhaps this means that FW will be taking over Sisters models/rules?

On one hand that means prices will stay the same (or probably go up), but on the other hand that means FW sculpting and FW rules.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 6, 2016

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Sisters of Battle =/= Sisters of Silence

Edit: beaten by Gyro

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
From the community page:

Games Workshop posted:

This book isn’t accompanying a new range of miniature, but we couldn’t let the release of a new book containing so many awesome sub-factions under the Imperial aegis pass without some sort of model to mark the occasion. So, our Studio Team set sculptor Martin Footit the task of creating an iconic miniature to accompany the book – and he didn’t disappoint.

<model image>

You will be able to pre-order Adepta Sororitas Canoness Veridyan this weekend, and she will only be available while stocks last. She’ll also be accompanied by a new selection of Made to Order miniatures, from the Inquisition, Ecclesiarchy and Adepta Sororitas range, including some classics not available for years.

So while we won't see plastic sisters for a while, it looks like they're about to make a bunch of old metal stuff available again.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Snollygoster posted:

pwease no steppy

Oh my God Emperor yes. :aaaaa:

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Sisters of Silence are not Sisters of Battle.

I know, I was speaking more to the way the pose and dress females in the game. Both the female Harlequins and Sisters of Silence aren't like this, hoping that trend would continue

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That model is a great recreation of Blanche's artwork, but something doesn't seem quite right with the face. It could be the angle.

TheChirurgeon posted:

So while we won't see plastic sisters for a while, it looks like they're about to make a bunch of old metal stuff available again.
Just in time to release plastic Sisters of Battle in a few months. :unsmigghh:

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I know, I was speaking more to the way the pose and dress females in the game. Both the female Harlequins and Sisters of Silence aren't like this, hoping that trend would continue

I agree, I get that it's a Faithful Reproduction Of That Art Piece but when it's an isolated miniature it looks like Kate Beaton's parody drawing of a "strong female character." There are ways to triumphantly plant a foot on something that are less horny than the execution here.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Safety Factor posted:

That model is a great recreation of Blanche's artwork, but something doesn't seem quite right with the face. It could be the angle.

Just in time to release plastic Sisters of Battle in a few months. :unsmigghh:

Yeah, probably. Honestly they don't need to do that much to make Sisters playable, just 3 plastic kits (sisters and seraphim plus an HQ clampack) to cover the core units and the rest can be metal/resin. The biggest problem with SoB right now is that a 10-woman troop choice costs loving 75 dollars.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I'm curious to see what the actual Sisters of Battle models will look like. I get this is a recreation of an iconic piece of art, but I'm wondering if they'll change up the look of regular Sisters at all when they get their due. At the moment, the boobplate and gothic as gently caress stylings are just the way Sisters look, like it's not endemic of some greater cheesecake styling that gets carried over to all their minis like Raging Heroes or whatever.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
After wading through the garbage you see from Kingdom Death and Exclusive Miniature, I'm just thankful that boobplate is as far as it goes with SoB/SoS.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I hope they stick to how Sisters have always looked. The full gothic madness was perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Has anyone here ever ordered from Doc's Discount Game Store? I've been getting my shipments of GSC stuff one box at a time, but I've really been awaiting Deathwatch: Overkill, and passed up quite a few opportunities to snag them for around $120 ($128 from Doc).

I haven't gotten any responses since I asked for an ETA on DWOK. I fukken ordered everything on Sept. 30th and still haven't gotten the board game; should I just contact PayPal to start fraud/refund proceedings?
Kind of late, but they can get a little behind when responding to email. Just ping Lea or Doc again with your order number (I usually just reply inline to the original receipt) and ask for a status update.

My Prospero set was "Shipment Picked Up" on Nov 9. but wasn't "Accepted" at USPS until Nov 22. I don't know what the delay was there, but the day after an email, it started moving.

I think their biggest issue is that they are becoming victims of their own success, and probably need to take on some help to get the orders out.

Snollygoster posted:

pwease no steppy

I don't play SoBs at all, and yet, I will buy this model, God willing.

EDIT: It looks like this is actually sculpted and not some CAD-poo. Gives it character, I say.

• Locked thread