Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
lol there are 2 rub and tugs within 5 minutes of me. one of them is incredible human trafficking level shady, I've never seen anyone go in or out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress

im determined to watch em all -- no matter how bad

then i can rewatch DS9 which i loved

and maybe... give voyager a chance

a friend of mine has a signed picture of robert picardo and like a dick i said to her, "isnt that the most poo poo series?"

..."actually vintersorg -- it's good!!"

tng s3-s7 has some gems but is mostly just there

ds9 from s3 onward is excellent

voyager and enterprise are terrible. if you had me list ten good voyager eps i could get to maybe seven and nearly all of them would be doctor- or 7 of 9-centric. the best voyager eps are entirely self-contained because the show has no growth for the characters or the plot and every episode resets the show but even if that doesnt bother you then theres probably only another three or so eps that would then qualify as "good"

robert picardo is great in it and jerri ryan too but it doesnt make up for the rest of the show by a long shot

enterprise is boring garbage from beginning to end though

oh yeah should note that one thing that stands out to me about voyager is that it ran concurrently with stargate sg-1 and multiple times both shows had eps following essentially the same plot and in every case the sg-1 episode is superior. space race and workforce spring to mind right away but i know there were others. honestly even tho i just rewatched ds9 (still great) id rather watch all ten seasons of sg-1 again than watch tng-era trek again theres just no character development outside of ds9 at all ever and it really dates the shows

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the song is avg but corpsegrinders vocals on the intro are fuckin epic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9eGysRACdk

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

LastInLine posted:

voyager and enterprise are terrible. if you had me list ten good voyager eps i could get to maybe seven and nearly all of them would be doctor- or 7 of 9-centric. the best voyager eps are entirely self-contained because the show has no growth for the characters or the plot and every episode resets the show but even if that doesnt bother you then theres probably only another three or so eps that would then qualify as "good"

robert picardo is great in it and jerri ryan too but it doesnt make up for the rest of the show by a long shot

oh yeah should note that one thing that stands out to me about voyager is that it ran concurrently with stargate sg-1 and multiple times both shows had eps following essentially the same plot and in every case the sg-1 episode is superior. space race and workforce spring to mind right away but i know there were others. honestly even tho i just rewatched ds9 (still great) id rather watch all ten seasons of sg-1 again than watch tng-era trek again theres just no character development outside of ds9 at all ever and it really dates the shows

:worship:

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol there are 2 rub and tugs within 5 minutes of me. one of them is incredible human trafficking level shady, I've never seen anyone go in or out

that's better than seeing people go in who never come out

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

LastInLine posted:

truth about Picardo and Ryan. I WILL give Voyager the distinction of having the most "Star Trek" opening credits of any of the shows. That thing gave a great sense of wonder and made me think that Trek was going to get back to the 'journey through the unknown' theme but lol nope don't go over warp 10 or you become space lizards that gently caress.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

don't go over warp 10 or you become space lizards that gently caress.

mods please change the TVIV trek thread title to this

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

LastInLine posted:

i like voyager since it tries to be an explorer-style star trek and not a space jesus star trek like ds9. there were lots of bad voyager episodes and there are lots of bad ds9 episodes. sg-1 is really good but imo starts falling apart about the time atlantis starts, and both series are okay and then sg-1 ends and atlantis gets good. the sg-1 episodes where they poke fun at sg-1 are incredibly, incredibly good, just like the x-files episodes that have fun. the last season of enterprise has the best episodes where they decide to do a bunch of self-contained arcs in a season, like the mirror universe two-parter, but by then it was too late. like they made a whole new intro for it without that loving song and it's great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXw6hC7hxBA

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

the biggest problem with Enterprise is what it could have been but nope. I'm glad it's been a long loving time since we've had a Trek tv series and I'm really interested in seeing what the new show will be like. Comes out next springtime, yeah?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i will always maintain that there should be an animated series that does episodic arcs and multi-parters that span different eras so they can do straight-up classic tng stories and maybe some new tng stories and also whatever else the gently caress they want to do

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
star trek anime would be the biggest honeypot ever, next to piers anthony books

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

atlantis is better than sg-1

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

loving come at me

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

anthonypants posted:

the sg-1 episodes where they poke fun at sg-1 are incredibly, incredibly good, just like the x-files episodes that have fun.

The WORMHOLE XTREME! and groundhog day episodes were really funny

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

oh no blimp issue posted:

okay, as long as ds-9 is the best trek

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

loving come at me
when atlantis ended i had no desire to watch stargate: universe because there was no way any of it could live up to atlantis' final episode

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

this man is a billionaire

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SmokaDustbowl posted:

this man is a billionaire

from making vidya games

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

anthonypants posted:

when atlantis ended i had no desire to watch stargate: universe because there was no way any of it could live up to atlantis' final episode

Universe sucked for the most part, and when it finally started getting good it got canceled.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

nice hat

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

atlantis is definitely the ds9 to sg-1s tng

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

he's bald lmao

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/DvNoqX7.mp4

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

lmao

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The biggest self-own in history

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I still prefer the westworld idiot.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

You Am I posted:

from making vidya games

he outbid jay-z and beyonce for his new enormous house that's overwhelmingly designed for entertaining and yet he doesn't have any friends

i'm glad that he's lonely

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he outbid jay-z and beyonce for his new enormous house that's overwhelmingly designed for entertaining and yet he doesn't have any friends

i'm glad that he's lonely

he throws crazy parties there all the time, a friend of mine DJs there occasionally and says that i can come next time.

like felicia day and stuff go.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Beast of Bourbon posted:

he throws crazy parties there all the time, a friend of mine DJs there occasionally and says that i can come next time.

puke on his bed

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Who needs friends when you have diabetes from your wall of candy

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
burn the rich

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beast of Bourbon posted:

invite us all and lets all hang out and be his friends!

hey guys its notch's birthday you know what that means!

*every minecraft character and yosposter shows up to the party*

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SmokaDustbowl posted:

bum the rich
:eyepop:

lol @ latenight no-glasses posting

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Beast of Bourbon posted:

so he's the north american kim.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Beast of Bourbon posted:

you better loving prove it

• Locked thread