Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

quote:

Imperial Dragon

9 cost Dragon Legendary

5/5

Fanfare: Discard all cards in your hand and deal 1 damage to all enemies for each card discarded.

Uh... memes I guess.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I guess if you run a combination Dragon aggro + draw deck...sounds like it'll make waves in Z-rank!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Imo I would wait for proper/official translations before posting. Supposedly it's discard your hand and deal x damage to all enemies with x = cards in your hand discarded. I don't even see a picture of the card with clear text anywhere

Like the samurai posted earlier wasn't +1/1 for each enemy + bane but just a single +1/1 + bane

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 7, 2016

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Those sound a lot more reasonable. Although I'm still not sure that Dragon is gonna be very worth it...obviously when it just straight-up gives you lethal on play it's great, but outside of that situation it's either gonna waste a big hand, which you're more likely to ave in a slow deck where those cards are valuable, or it's gonna pop like two cards and be a shittier Fafnir in an aggressive deck. So you'd basically run it as a potential 8 to face/extreme hail mary play in some deck with lots of draw I guess.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

It's a finisher for the angel crusher / dracomancers rite deck :v:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Insurrectionist posted:

Those sound a lot more reasonable. Although I'm still not sure that Dragon is gonna be very worth it...obviously when it just straight-up gives you lethal on play it's great, but outside of that situation it's either gonna waste a big hand, which you're more likely to ave in a slow deck where those cards are valuable, or it's gonna pop like two cards and be a shittier Fafnir in an aggressive deck. So you'd basically run it as a potential 8 to face/extreme hail mary play in some deck with lots of draw I guess.

The idea is that you run it with the amulet that draws a card for each one you discard.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

If you Wyvern Cavalier or Dragon Emissary it beforehand you can play wildfang dragonewt on the same turn with it. You won't even need a full hand to do a nasty amount of damage

I think a discard/ptp hybrid could be interesting and definitely a meme deck. you have to draw golden den and dracomancer's rite quickly though to get the engine started

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 7, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The question is whether it's worth paying 9pp for, when you can get the same effect more reliably with just the Dragonewts and Altered Fate.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

It clears the board which dragonewt + the discard cards there is right now doesn't do

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Clarste posted:

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTAM-1mogDU

The low quality version has actually been out in Japanese for a while now, but whatever. I assume the characters shown are the new leaders in the shop.

I see Albert

and Veight

so I can only imagine they're aiming for new target audiences with the cool guy and the endlessly teased little boy.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

It clears the board which dragonewt + the discard cards there is right now doesn't do

A turn 9 board clear doesn't seem like it's gonna save your life very often, honestly. That's far past the point of needing to stabilize against aggro, and other slower decks will have finishers that it won't answer. PtP, Seraph, D-Shift... even Elana will likely have big enough followers to survive the hit, which is likely closer to 5-6 damage than 8.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 7, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

If what you just said was true then alexander wouldn't be the oh gently caress card that it is everytime it shows up after turn 9, and it sometimes can't even full clear and it doesn't hit face

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yes, of course, well known good card Alexander. Who, uh, doesn't seem to show up in any good Sword decks?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i havent seen a control sword deck yet

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yes, apparently Control Sword is actually a thing. Sorry, I've never seen one so I made assumptions.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Oh. So that's the level of discussion you want to have lmao

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Control Sword has been a thing forever.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Yeah the problem is just that Control Sword seems fairly expensive and Midrange is doing great right now

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I honestly didn't realize that Alexander was used in any competitive decks. I've seen one exactly once in ranked play, and it felt more like a fluke than a refined deck. I'm only in A1 though, so maybe they're concentrated higher up on the ladder? Still seems to be ranked lower than midrange though.

That said, it's unclear to me if a gimmicky deck like Discard Dragon can get the same kind of value out of a late game board clear that Sword apparently can. I mean, Mythril Golem fills the same niche, but obviously that never sees play because that's not the kind of game Runecraft is playing. Unless... it does see play? I don't even know anymore.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Clarste posted:

I honestly didn't realize that Alexander was used in any competitive decks. I've seen one exactly once in ranked play, and it felt more like a fluke than a refined deck. I'm only in A1 though, so maybe they're concentrated higher up on the ladder? Still seems to be ranked lower than midrange though.

That said, it's unclear to me if a gimmicky deck like Discard Dragon can get the same kind of value out of a late game board clear that Sword apparently can. I mean, Mythril Golem fills the same niche, but obviously that never sees play because that's not the kind of game Runecraft is playing. Unless... it does see play? I don't even know anymore.

Control Sword was never too popular even in AA-Master, and below AA a deck as expensive as that one is pretty much non-existent. That said, during the first few weeks where the upper ladder was infested with nothing but Tempo Forest and Storm Haven, with a sprinkle of Elana Haven and DShift, Control Sword was common enough. Alexander was and still is a staple in that deck, as it offers a pseudo-clear and allows Sword to stabilize.

Mythril Golem has never seen any play in any competitive deck that I'm aware of, even before DE. It's just too slow, and that late in the game, you can always use Fire Chain for the same effect for less than half the mana.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

i kind of like #5 although it isnt fantastic. 1 moon is all you need for a storm haven deck which will carry you all the way up if you want. olivia and odin are both good neutrals. cerb is always good if you want to play shadow.

Thanks for the feedback. Did a few more pulls but nothing great so I think 20ish rerolls is my limit. Probably will go with this one.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its been pretty funny seeing hearthstone streamers go from "hey the game is fun again!" right after the expansion to bitching about playing literally 70% pirate warriors. makes me feel a little better about seeing 3 heal havens in a row or whatever.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Tortolia posted:

Thanks for the feedback. Did a few more pulls but nothing great so I think 20ish rerolls is my limit. Probably will go with this one.

that one is totally fine.

you get diminishing returns re-rolling anyway. Good legendaries tend to go in expensive decks, meaning you'll probably double or triple your legendary count before you can even use them.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I wound up getting two Merlins in my account along with other good stuff, friends complained to me about having all the luck despite hardly playing.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus, everybody is a giant baby in this game. 4 disconnects in a row. Dudes, it's just Banner sword, it wins fast, like :lol:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
:toot:

Alternating between Face Dragon and Elana/Seraph on the road to AA, goin pretty well so far.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
finally A0 with tempo forest

time to aim for AA

i might need to switch out some of the tech slots in my list, i'm getting some really embarassing draws when i don't run into aggro every game

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Zoness posted:

time to aim for AA

Welcome to hell.

(It's not actually that bad but god is it slow.)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Zoness posted:

time to aim for AA

i might need to switch out some of the tech slots in my list, i'm getting some really embarassing draws when i don't run into aggro every game
it's pretty tempting to just try running altered fate in tempo forest

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

it's pretty tempting to just try running altered fate in tempo forest

this is true because i get a lot of games where i get too many fairy producers and can't draw some card fixing

i'll probably start with glimmering wings, but i do feel like draw consistency is the weakest part of tempo forest

i've been running fairy bringer because that card really messes up banner/face sword and aggro vampy but i'm running into those lists a lot less now and aggro vampy can still win with an insanely good draw so that's not really worth planning for imo.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Installed this yesterday, and I'm getting into rerolling.

Here's my second roll, is this good? Should I stop while I'm ahead?

Crystalia Tia
Sea Queen Otohime
Aurelia, Regal Saber
Queen Vampire
Prince of Darkness

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

You should save it and keep rerolling since you I think you get like 40+ draws right now

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Does Queen vampire go into any decks?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kevlar Beard posted:

Installed this yesterday, and I'm getting into rerolling.

Here's my second roll, is this good? Should I stop while I'm ahead?

Crystalia Tia
Sea Queen Otohime
Aurelia, Regal Saber
Queen Vampire
Prince of Darkness
5 legendaries isnt wonderful but those are all fantastic cards. Don't know how you want to evaluate that.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Does Queen vampire go into any decks?

depends on if you consider control blood a deck i guess

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Outside of really obviously terrible legendaries, (Like Soul Dealer and Beast Dominator.) it's hard to tell what legendaries may fit into RoB decks.

Queen Vampire is played in Control Blood, and that deck may become favored in the RoB meta.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Control Blood has all sorts of good cards that can do some wildly unfair poo poo, but I still haven't seen a list that doesn't just fall over and die against Dshift and it struggles with burst. Dropping somebody from 11 isn't so tough. I feel like it's got a good chance of becoming a real deck but it needs worthwhile wards and an early game that doesn't rely on you mistaking it for Aggro Bats.

Edit: Maybe if the future card base allows for it, a move to a midrange list that still uses some of its tools while trying to get in under Dshift and Seraph would work.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 7, 2016

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I wonder if anyone has made a program like Hearthstone Deck Tracker that can track cards or at least track matches you play and see your winrates etc

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The reward sleeves are so lol in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

The reward sleeves are so lol in this game