Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

WebDO posted:

So uh, either the amount of stat pots you can apply increases when you awaken a unit, it it resets them to zero. Hooray.

It goes up. Look at Cecil here and his max stat increase from pots goes up with his rarity. I assume it doesn't reset already fed pots but I never tested it.

e: added quote for pagesnpyekyng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
I can confirm stat pot increases stay with units when they awaken.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the badness of this event has made me too lazy to even clean out my materials to keep running my tm macro.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'm still sitting on a stack of stat pots, I'm reluctant to use them. I suppose I'm safe dumping all my ATK ones into Lightning, but I'm holding off putting my defensive ones on to Cecil because I have a WoL waiting in the wings.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

how many unit slots do you have, man you get like infinity billion stat pots a week

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Palleon posted:

I can confirm stat pot increases stay with units when they awaken.

Good to hear. I've been dumping a pile into chiz as well as farming sakurafubuli in preparation for her 6* #makecheesegreatagain

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

WebDO posted:

So uh, either the amount of stat pots you can apply increases when you awaken a unit, it it resets them to zero. Hooray.

If you check the wiki, you can see that each star rarity for a unit' max boost from pots is. The more rare the unit gets, the higher the limit for each stat. It does not reset.

It's on the bit you usually scroll past to get to the abilities. :v:

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

rabidsquid posted:

how many unit slots do you have, man you get like infinity billion stat pots a week

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm going to save my attack pots for Orlandu. Once my exdeath hits 6* I'm going to feed my mag pots to him. Is SPR just for healing?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Spirit is magic defense and some minor difference with healing.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I'm going to save my attack pots for Orlandu. Once my exdeath hits 6* I'm going to feed my mag pots to him. Is SPR just for healing?

SPR is also magic defence, so even if it doesnt boost healing that much, it helps make your healer/cecils slightly more durable too.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Nuebot posted:

I dumped all my SPR into Cecil for extra survival against magic damage. Along with DEF and HP. Also a bit of MP for healing goodness, but Exdeath gets most of that.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Any advice where to get gil and lots of it? I got 35 gigantuars from gears and realized, poo poo I don't have any gil. Should I be getting it in the vortex or is there a better way?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

rio posted:

Any advice where to get gil and lots of it? I got 35 gigantuars from gears and realized, poo poo I don't have any gil. Should I be getting it in the vortex or is there a better way?

I sell event currency. They're usually worth a lot and are easy to obtain in large numbers once you've finished buying what you want.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
you get a lot selling mats from tm grinding too

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

rio posted:

If you have a bunch of friend points, maybe do some 10 pulls, mash some of them together and sell them at max level? You can get a decent amount per max level 2*.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

rio posted:

get 5 lovely friend point units that are level 1,one star rarity. get a 300+mag friend mage, and have it carry them through ADV exp vortex. all 5 1 star characters will immediately max out thier level and you can sell them for several thousand gil each.
you can also max out one star units with a single minituar, which is honestly the best use for them as that small amount of exp isnt worth using on the characters you actually want to level especially with the cost of fusing to a high rarity unit.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
First TMR I have ground for finally at 100%, Excalibur. Lightning breaks 500 ATK. Time to start on Dual Cast.

Also Dual Wield at 100% through Trust Moogles, will probably go on CoD, or would Exdeath be a better option?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Vax posted:

Added 30 friendslots so more goons can glory in Professor Powercreeps awesomeness

:getin: 427140992

Still around 15 slots available for some ExBro fun. (He is at 660 now)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Vax posted:

Still around 15 slots available for some ExBro fun. (He is at 660 now)

How did you get him to wear a hat?

EDIT: I got a blue crystal that reformed into a gold that reformed into a rainbow and exploded into ramza for my daily. Well, thanks game! I hear he gets a really good buff later on, but is there anyone in particular still better than him?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Dec 7, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You could get Equip Hat from the vault key sidequest.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh, I haven't gotten as far as gale keys. I should probably get on that and make some hero rings too. I'll take a TM farm break once this party hits 25%.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I unlocked all my friend slots, still looking for Goons to fill them up.

I've got a 457 DKC with Barrage, and as soon as this batch of TMR grind is done, he'll be Dual Wielding Deathbringer and Excalibur for about 640 ATK.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Nuebot posted:

How did you get him to wear a hat?

I asked him nicely.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Mischalaniouse posted:

First TMR I have ground for finally at 100%, Excalibur. Lightning breaks 500 ATK. Time to start on Dual Cast.

Also Dual Wield at 100% through Trust Moogles, will probably go on CoD, or would Exdeath be a better option?

Exdeath: Double(ish) your magic stat from weapons (very good)

Physical Character: Double your ATK stat from weapons, and Double all attacks/physical abilities for free. (Insane)

CoD's only weakness here is weapon availability. A character like Bartz would be a no-brainer with his weapon selection and 5 hit (10 hit!?) Barrage. Hell, even a Kain becomes monstrous with double Dragon Dive damage.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Captaindirtnap posted:

Exdeath: Double(ish) your magic stat from weapons (very good)

Physical Character: Double your ATK stat from weapons, and Double all attacks/physical abilities for free. (Insane)

CoD's only weakness here is weapon availability. A character like Bartz would be a no-brainer with his weapon selection and 5 hit (10 hit!?) Barrage. Hell, even a Kain becomes monstrous with double Dragon Dive damage.

The Golem Staff on a character who can use Barrage is great. What you lose in raw damage you make up for in multiple chances to petrify.

EDIT: Half price pull today was a golden Rosa.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Daily Reward: Free Summon Ticket.
Throw At: Gilgamesh Banner.
Rainbow Crystal: Gilgamesh Get.

There goes all my luck for the rest of the month, if not all of January, too.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Daily Reward: Free Summon Ticket.
Throw At: Gilgamesh Banner.
Rainbow Crystal: Gilgamesh Get.

There goes all my luck for the rest of the month, if not all of January, too.

drat you. I'm going to go do that now and be disappointed.

Edit: Another Bartz. Could be worse.

Captaindirtnap fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 7, 2016

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Captaindirtnap posted:

drat you. I'm going to go do that now and be disappointed.

Edit: Another Bartz. Could be worse.

Can confirm the method is indeed foolproof and I totally didn't get Penelowned

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

God drat peer pressure, I did it to and got

a shantoto.

Always a welcome pull.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

a shantoto.

Always a welcome pull.

Surely my luck will eventually turn and I'll get a good pull one day, right? :suicide:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

a shantoto.

Always a welcome pull.

gently caress it me too.

Also a Shantotto...that makes #12. Getting ExDeath #2 his 4 Mag +30%s just got a bit easier.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
1/2 pull was CoD #3. I can see using two but not three so ummm he gets squished? TM isn't a priority I don't think?

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

a shantoto.

Always a welcome pull.

Don't go deeper! Pulls 2 and 3 were Shadow and 4* Sabin.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I did my daily dilly dally dullard dollar donut pull and got a 3* Faris

neat

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Captaindirtnap posted:

Don't go deeper! Pulls 2 and 3 were Shadow and 4* Sabin.

Duane. Joy.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Sigh, sure....... And it's...... 5% of a Drain TM.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I got another Sabin! Yes!

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

4* Gaffgarion from the daily, which is fine, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
gently caress it, I'm going to blow a ticket too.

4* Penelo. gently caress you guys.

• Locked thread