Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Lookin forward to seeing 1,000 P250 | Sand Dunes

e: vvv Yeah it's not like gloves are going to be getting any scarcer, if they weren't topping your list then makes the most sense to sell em and buy a bunch of stuff you really want

nftyw fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Soulex posted:

Sold the gloves l, bought some skins. Will post new skins soon.

This was the correct decision, with the gloves so hot 'n' fresh!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

nftyw posted:

Lookin forward to seeing 1,000 P250 | Sand Dunes

e: vvv Yeah it's not like gloves are going to be getting any scarcer, if they weren't topping your list then makes the most sense to sell em and buy a bunch of stuff you really want

Xenaero posted:

This was the correct decision, with the gloves so hot 'n' fresh!

Oh yeah. Would have just sold the case but it was at a dollar something instead of the ten I thought it was. Took a chance hoping for the new M4 and it came out of nowhere in a sea of blues.

Lesson learned in any video game really:
when something is new, it is expensive and stupid to try and get. Wait, it will be much cheaper later.

Fake edit: couldn't get screenshots but I ended up deciding to get a M4A1-S because I am adopting to that rifle style. So I ended up getting a Factory New Icarus Fell. It was either that or Mecha Industries. I then opted to get a minimal wear Kill Confirmed and that super razzy snazzy purple as gently caress AK47.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I woulda bought a new sprocket and some handlebars

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
fun fact last year I bought a friend a PP-Bizon Antique for Christmas

edit: or maybe it was his birthday?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=468Fy8nAaeM

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
After years of playing csgo I finally have enough boreal forest m4's to afford my new bike parts, pm me for a mass purchase I need this for christmas

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Hey guys, slumpy again, wondering if anyone has links to NJ financial assistance I just lost all my m4 skins

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

It's me, your brother

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
ya just played a few games of community deathmatch with get_right no big deal but i guess that means i'm pretty much a pro now

e:
http://beyondthesummit.tv/cs_summit/

Cool, looks like BTS are making good on their plans to host a cs event

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 7, 2016

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

ya just played a few games of community deathmatch with get_right no big deal but i guess that means i'm pretty much a pro now

That's my favorite part about cs. It's like wandering down to a soccer pitch and being able to shoot goals against a pro goalie.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bohemian Nights posted:

e:
http://beyondthesummit.tv/cs_summit/

Cool, looks like BTS are making good on their plans to host a cs event

god drat i'm looking forward to seeing s1mple and taco mafia plays

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Is the CZ at all worth it vs the 5-7 and tec 9?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

IMHO,

no

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Is the CZ at all worth it vs the 5-7 and tec 9?

The tec-9 is amazing run and gun in terrorist hands as shown by the tec-9 forceups that often score at least a bomb plant, it's almost a sure pick for T side. CT side, the Five SeveN is good but not a huge amount better than a P250 whereas a CZ can be extremely dangerous in the hands of an ambusher but whenever I use the thing all the bullets go around the target instead of into it.

e: Oh yeah if you're an insane moron and play casual then the CZ downsides are magnified and one of the major perks (economy) is mitigated making it hilariously bad overall

nftyw fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 7, 2016

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

nftyw posted:

The tec-9 is amazing run and gun in terrorist hands as shown by the tec-9 forceups that often score at least a bomb plant, it's almost a sure pick for T side. CT side, the Five SeveN is good but not a huge amount better than a P250 whereas a CZ can be extremely dangerous in the hands of an ambusher but whenever I use the thing all the bullets go around the target instead of into it.

e: Oh yeah if you're an insane moron and play casual then the CZ downsides are magnified and one of the major perks (economy) is mitigated making it hilariously bad overall

Makes sense!!

Also -- for the Tec 9 -- shoudl I spam like crazy, or shoot it more like a regular pistol -- ie more chill taps?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Both seems to work

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

The video in this post is a good case for fiveseven > cz

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

New Zealand can eat me posted:

he's only got a pistol

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

God drat I love goonmans

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Famethrowa posted:

That's my favorite part about cs. It's like wandering down to a soccer pitch and being able to shoot goals against a pro goalie.

Yeah, it's pretty fun. You get quite a few pros playing on brutalcs dm servers in eu

This was actually my second time meeting GTR online, but last time heatoN got all the love

still my favorite match :kimchi:

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

New Zealand can eat me posted:

:agreed:
I've never liked the cz

surc
Aug 17, 2004

The CZ can be really good for getting 1-2 kills, but you better have a teammate with you to trade out your death when you have to reload or use all of the bullets in the gun. Five-Seven, as shown, can solo ace no problem.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
if you become a CZ savant it's basically like a rifle. you can ace with any pistol if you believe in yourself

surc
Aug 17, 2004

It's like a rifle with 24 bullets. I'd rather have a mac10/mp9, or a tec-9/five-seven. At least those guns know what they want to be, the CZ is not that good at being a rifle and okay at being a pistol, but not great overall.

I will agree that believing in yourself (and goodvibesing your teammates) is the path to aces though.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I basically only buy it when I'm taking part in a pistol forcebuy with my team. I've got a few massive 2k, 3k, and 4k rounds with a CZ in my time. If you know the other team has rifles and have a good read on what they will do, and a good crossfire or bait set up to counter it, CZs will net you faster kills.

That being said, I use the five seven now because it has more bullets and the damiyo purple skin is cool.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It takes over a year to cock every time you take it out therefore it sucks

stump collector
May 28, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

It takes over a year to cock every time you take it out therefore it sucks

yea this too. it'd be the best pistol if this wasn't the case

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Use to be DMG before the revaluation of ranks, then I was mg1 - mg2 for months.. And now I don't know if it is a mixture of playing with irl friends who are really bad or solo queing but I am back down to GN3.. Am I really just that bad now? (the answer is probably yes)

stump collector
May 28, 2007
are you playing enough? your rank will decay quite a bit if you took too much of a break. also there are a lot of hackers in non prime at every level

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

stump collector posted:

are you playing enough? your rank will decay quite a bit if you took too much of a break. also there are a lot of hackers in non prime at every level

Everything is prime.. But I did take a break for like 2-3 months.

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

fyallm posted:

Use to be DMG before the revaluation of ranks, then I was mg1 - mg2 for months.. And now I don't know if it is a mixture of playing with irl friends who are really bad or solo queing but I am back down to GN3.. Am I really just that bad now? (the answer is probably yes)

I had just about the same thing happen.

Then again I'm almost always drunk when I play now. I'd rather have fun and play with friends than worry about rank.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I've been using the CZ occasionally because I like it as an AWP backup, and lately I've had lots of success on deagle eco rounds.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

fyallm posted:

Everything is prime.. But I did take a break for like 2-3 months.

I stopped playing from either June/July through October and went from a nova something to silver 5 or 6, but in the last month have bounced back up to between nova 3 and 4 a couple times, so yeah, the decay is real. I spent like 3 weeks with a 2:1 or better K:D ratio shittin on silvers and low novas nearly every match

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

fyallm posted:

Welcome to the down part of the curve.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

OxySnake posted:

Welcome to the down part of the curve.

this entire chart just took place for me over the past week as my nova Handsome Boys can attest to

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

rank doesn't matter don't focus so much on kdr believe in yourself and lower your sensitivity

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Macnult posted:

rank doesn't matter don't focus so much on kdr believe in yourself and lower your sensitivity

i should tape this to my monitor

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

metallicaeg posted:

this entire chart just took place for me over the past week as my nova Handsome Boys can attest to

Same. I went a huge slump the past few weeks to the point I was bottom fraging against people 2-3 ranks below me, to yesterday getting two aces after not getting one for months.

Including one absolutely BS pistol ace that rightly got some hackusations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

metallicaeg posted:

I'm glad somebody told me who you are because I'm bad at forum > game names, also because I don't know if you discord and you were the one dude I couldn't tag, here is our bestest game ever, immortalized:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7r2ESeiu20