Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Twelve by Pies posted:

I can see Cooper doing an "Obama" and just bypassing this law with a "phone and a pen" through exec order. Or he'll just refuse to enforce it, and arrest those who do.
This could be a real impeachment moment.

4 posted on 12/5/2016, 4:06:40 PM by fwdude (Stronger, To Get Her)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

But it's totally good and righteous if Trump does it to the AHA or any bills about gay being ok.

McGlockenshire posted:

The thread eventually derailed into them theorycrafting about how to get him removed as an elector, which looks difficult under Texas law.

I should note that only two or three of the 105 posts in the thread even attempted to directly (or even indirectly) talk about any of the problems that he laid out in his article, and each of those was, in turn, "well you're an idiot because that is a liberal lie told by the fake news MSM."

Have I mentioned that we're hosed as a country lately? Because we're so, so hosed as a country.

Bet you dollars to donuts he's getting a shitload of death threats now. That seems to be the roper moral conservative loving response to what they dislike; hate letters and death threats.

Scratch Monkey posted:

There's something terribly sad about freepers recognizing that the people they vote for almost always gently caress them in very personal ways (like building a highway through their back yards) but never seeming to learn anything from it

Whatever it takes to get democrats from taking office. Seriously, that's about it. It's an us vs them thing. I mean if a decent Republican came along that shared more of my stances than a democrat, I'd vote Republican. But not these buttfuckers, voting for anyone but a Republican is a vote for satan. I'll also wager that all the ones bitching they wouldn't vote for Trump before they were banned voted for his orange rear end anyways because straight ticket Republican is the only way these fuckers ever vote.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Freeps real easy to understand if you put us vs them mentality as their #1 driving force. Us playing the role of wholesome Christian conservative.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Scratch Monkey posted:

There's something terribly sad about freepers recognizing that the people they vote for almost always gently caress them in very personal ways (like building a highway through their back yards) but never seeming to learn anything from it

They don't care that it fucks them over as long as they can gently caress over other people harder. That's the sad part. "Yeah, McCrory is building a toll road through my backyard and that sucks, but as long as we can make [slur for transgenders] miserable, it's worth it!"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It reminds me of the documentary about the Wisconsin recall election, where the creators follow some Republican union workers and veterans.

One lady is a schoolteacher who just doesn't know what to do (and never does reveal whom she voted for in the recall) because she knows she's absolutely going to get hosed when Walker destroys her union and her benefits but "Republicans are supposed to be for the people, why is this happening I'm not one of the lazy moochers on handouts" and "but if I vote for the Democrat they'll fund abortion".

The other is a woman who works in a veteran's hospital, which is also going to be destroyed, and she registers her non-voting Confederate-flag waving husband to vote for the first time: "I can't believe I finally get you to vote and it's for a drat Democrat." At least that couple figures some poo poo out, but it's so so depressing watching people struggle with "but my team is the good guys" versus "I will literally die if my team wins" :smith:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Scratch Monkey posted:

It's okay. They'll still get hosed over by tolls once Trump privatizes the federal highways.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

VitalSigns posted:

It reminds me of the documentary about the Wisconsin recall election, where the creators follow some Republican union workers and veterans.

One lady is a schoolteacher who just doesn't know what to do (and never does reveal whom she voted for in the recall) because she knows she's absolutely going to get hosed when Walker destroys her union and her benefits but "Republicans are supposed to be for the people, why is this happening I'm not one of the lazy moochers on handouts" and "but if I vote for the Democrat they'll fund abortion".

The other is a woman who works in a veteran's hospital, which is also going to be destroyed, and she registers her non-voting Confederate-flag waving husband to vote for the first time: "I can't believe I finally get you to vote and it's for a drat Democrat." At least that couple figures some poo poo out, but it's so so depressing watching people struggle with "but my team is the good guys" versus "I will literally die if my team wins" :smith:

I know. So many live in this bizarre mental cage where they can see that they are destroying themselves voting for men who do not care about them at all, but cannot imagine breaking the "values" that have been beaten into their heads enough to deviate from their tribalist mindset until they simply have no other choice. Especially this year where it seemed that white people around the nation decided to elect a man who personifies everything wrong with corporations and US culture in general either out of misguided hope that he'd revive their dead jobs, the willful misleading of our media, or just to protect their old white privilege a little longer. They keep on making the same terrible mistakes, being victimized by monsters, but unable to open their minds enough to consider doing otherwise, especially when they are warned about it.

Now we all have to suffer for their foolishness.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

VitalSigns posted:

Barry Goldwater, 1981 posted:

There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both.
[...]
I must make it clear that I don't condemn these groups for what they believe. I happen to share many of the values emphasized by these organizations. I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of 'conservatism.'
[...]
This unrelenting obsession with a particular goal destroys the perspective of many decent people. They have become easy prey to manipulation and misjudgment.
[...]
The religious factions will go on imposing their will on others unless the decent people connected to them recognize that religion has no place in public policy. They must learn to make their views known without trying to make their views the only alternatives. The great decisions of Government cannot be dictated by the concerns of religious factions. This was true in the days of Madison, and it is just as true today.

We have succeeded for 205 years in keeping the affairs of state separate from the uncompromising idealism of religious groups and we mustn't stop now. To retreat from that separation would violate the principles of conservatism and the values upon which the framers built this democratic republic.

Barry Goldwater, 1994 posted:

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible drat problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.

They never gained complete control, but they did their damage. Giant portions of the country think that they have a religious mandate to poo poo all over gay people and deny women control over their bodies, and they have been completely convinced that this is a life-or-death struggle that they're in because their god is turning his back on their country.

That same group abandoned portions of their alleged morality in order to vote for the Pussygrabber-in-Chief, because he'd stop all those innocent babies from being murdered by all those immoral sluts.

It's so incredibly broken, and they're only a single faction in the clusterfuck that is US conservative politics.

Geostomp posted:

They keep on making the same terrible mistakes, being victimized by monsters, but unable to open their minds enough to consider doing otherwise, especially when they are warned about it.

"He tells it like it is."

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Those are p good and true speeches.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

VitalSigns posted:

Also reminds me of a piece on NPR a few years ago from a town near the Idaho National Laboratory, where lots of Tea-Party supporting people were adamant about the need to massively reduce federal spending, but, you know, not here, if they cut jobs at the lab it will have a huge impact on the town. What they really need to do is cut federal spending everywhere else.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

"Fake news" is referenced in basically every thread now. Anything that doesn't comport with their worldview or that challenges Trump as the supreme mastermind of the universe is instantly labeled "fake news."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Smeep posted:

"Fake news" is referenced in basically every thread now. Anything that doesn't comport with their worldview or that challenges Trump as the supreme mastermind of the universe is instantly labeled "fake news."

This is how America and democracy dies.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

This is how America and democracy dies.

Not with a bang, but with the rattling of thousands of rascal wheels on a Wal-Mart parking lot.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Trump says cancel new Air Force One: Costs 'out of control'

The best part is when he later clarified this by saying Boeing should make money but not "too much" money.

quote:

To: Olog-hai

This ought to rattle the WA state libs today.

2 posted on 12/06/2016 6:50:16 AM PST by dragonblustar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

I usually just ignore the TrumpWinsAgain poo poo but...

quote:

Too much winning! Can’t stand it. Need a safe space.

5 posted on 12/06/2016 6:52:06 AM PST by Genoa (Luke 12:2)

quote:

To: Genoa

I guess the current one is worn out by the constant travel of the emperor in chief.

6 posted on 12/06/2016 6:55:12 AM PST by Mouton (The insurrection laws maintain the status quo now.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

The President should fly around on something small and agile (relatively speaking). Something like a Gulfstream G650. With the miniaturization of electronics, you don’t need a 747 to haul around communications gear.

If the Air Force needs a flying command post, that is a separate mission.

And the Press Corps can fly commercial.

8 posted on 12/06/2016 6:56:20 AM PST by Haiku Guy (Democrato delenda est)

quote:

Negotiation.
We’ll be seeing a lot of it in the next 8 years.

9 posted on 12/06/2016 6:57:42 AM PST by toast

quote:

To: dragonblustar

Ah ain’ nowars NEAHR tahhed !

10 posted on 12/06/2016 6:57:45 AM PST by knarf (I say things that are true, I have no proof, but they're true.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

Barry and Mooch have practically worn-out the 747's we have now with all their globe-trotting and vacations. The technology is pretty old, but it's reliable.

16 posted on 12/06/2016 7:00:05 AM PST by smokingfrog ( sleep with one eye open (<o> ---)

Ready for Aeroflot 1?

quote:

To: RoosterRedux

One of the reasons AF1 is so special is that it has secure communications equipment that not many other planes have. The President is able to talk (or probably even watch) anywhere on the globe at a moment’s notice. It also needs to be big enough to carry his staff.

Yes, Trump Force One is a 757. It’s much smaller than a 747 and can’t carry the staff a President requires. Not only that...if Trump intends to use that plane, it’s going to HAVE to be outfitted with the same secure commo equipment the 747 has...and I think it’ll take a pretty big cut into the space available for him.

If Boeing comes knocking on his door to try to save the order, I think Trump’s going to tell them to cut the costs or he’ll go somewhere else. I think they can bring the costs down.

17 posted on 12/06/2016 7:00:21 AM PST by hoagy62 ("It's not the whole world gone mad. Just the people in it.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

Trump can afford the trappings of the Presidency. All the bozos that came before him couldn’t.

22 posted on 12/06/2016 7:04:11 AM PST by Phlap (REDNECK@LIBARTS.EDU)

Press! :argh:

quote:

To: RoseofTexas

The press wants to ride on a brand new plane, screw the spoiled press.

29 posted on 12/06/2016 7:07:55 AM PST by GraceG (Only a fool works hard in an environment where hard work is not appreciated...)

quote:

The author uses the article to criticize the lack of experience of Trump’s cabinet picks.

Let’s look at the experience level of Obama and his cabinet picks.

Obama - Community rabble rouser and no-show Senator elected via a series of fixed political contests.

33 posted on 12/06/2016 7:10:23 AM PST by G Larry (America has the opportunity to return to God.)

quote:

Sell the two buses Zero bought and never used while your at it!

39 posted on 12/06/2016 7:19:54 AM PST by goodtomato (I'm really, really blessed!)

Don't you see? State Owned!

quote:

To: hoagy62

...cut the costs or he’ll go somewhere else.

Airbus?

40 posted on 12/06/2016 7:20:31 AM PST by semimojo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

quote:

To: semimojo

Uggh, not EADS. They’re virtually state-owned.

41 posted on 12/06/2016 7:25:17 AM PST by Olog-hai
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

Oh, right.

quote:

Uggh, not EADS. They’re virtually state-owned.

True. Actually virtually states-owned.

Fact is, there aren't any domestic alternatives to Boeing.

44 posted on 12/06/2016 7:33:06 AM PST by semimojo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

quote:

Ruh-roh! Now, Boeing will be out to get him.

MAGA!

46 posted on 12/06/2016 7:36:30 AM PST by Bigg Red (To Thee, O Lord, I lift my soul. Thank you for saving our Republic.)

quote:

Over 8 YEARS to build a plane? That’s a lot of overhead and indirect costs that get added on. Why does it take longer than 2 years if using off the shelf commercial electronics?

48 posted on 12/06/2016 7:37:57 AM PST by RGF

quote:

To: Redleg Duke

“Let me make this perfectly clear” Rooster has yet to crow this morning. He’s not fully awake :-)

Why spend big bucks stolen from American taxpayers in order to cart around the President’s entourage who then lie to US about what in the hell is going on; and then be expected to pay to read what the MFM agrees to reveal. They seem to be getting both ends of the sugar came here.

52 posted on 12/06/2016 7:46:08 AM PST by V K Lee (DJ TRUMP=My Strongest Advocate MAGA; DJT=The Swamp Drainer)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

quote:

To: RGF

not only 8 years- cost’s are approaching - 4 $$Billion??

FOR 2—?! planes- something fishy... or very secret

55 posted on 12/06/2016 7:46:55 AM PST by mj1234
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 48 | View Replies]

quote:

To: taxcontrol

All he needs to do is threaten to buy stock in Boeing and the MSM/Libs will be demanding all contracts with them be cancelled.

60 posted on 12/06/2016 8:04:44 AM PST by Kadric
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

quote:

The government has contracted with Boeing...

There's the problem... 'the government' did the negotiation. Trump should negotiate the price...

62 posted on 12/06/2016 8:15:20 AM PST by GOPJ (Democrats:Old white 'feminists' riding hubby's money to election - propped up by angry minorities.)

quote:

While it's smart to always keep gov't spending part of the discussion a couple of new 747's ain't gonna break the bank.Stopping the project might save a few million.There are plenty of ways...completely legitimate ways...to save hundreds of billions.

Deporting wetbacks and building a wall being just one.

64 posted on 12/06/2016 8:27:59 AM PST by Gay State Conservative (Deplorables' Lives Matter)

quote:

To: hoagy62

“Yes, Trump Force One is a 757. It’s much smaller than a 747 and can’t carry the staff a President requires”

Sure it is. The problem is that presidents seem to carry around the press and we taxpayers pay for that. Kick the damned press off the plane!

67 posted on 12/06/2016 8:38:17 AM PST by CodeToad (If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

By now the thread has pretty much devolved into full on Obama hate.

quote:

To: Liz

The two must be suffering from supreme jet lag. Remembering how the Clintons walked out of the white house pilfering our merchandise. How will Mo and Bo hide this, ‘his jet’?

73 posted on 12/06/2016 8:59:50 AM PST by V K Lee (DJ TRUMP=My Strongest Advocate MAGA; DJT=The Swamp Drainer)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 56 | View Replies]

quote:

To: AndyJackson

Another part of the deal......put fear into those who overprice their “goods”. Trump know how to play hardball having built so many buildings. There are ways to cut down the costs and the red tape, he’s a pro at it.

74 posted on 12/06/2016 9:01:39 AM PST by DaveA37
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 50 | View Replies]

quote:

Come on now, we all know that ‘black lives matter’.

82 posted on 12/06/2016 10:15:30 AM PST by Just mythoughts (Jesus said Luke 17:32 Remember Lot's wife.)

quote:

Obama is SCUM

Next..

85 posted on 12/06/2016 11:26:14 AM PST by stephenjohnbanker (My Batting Average( 1,000) since Nov 2014 (GOPe is that easy to read))

quote:

To: IWontSubmit

Those liberals got a dose of how Obama makes the rest of the country feel.

86 posted on 12/06/2016 11:42:23 AM PST by dragonblustar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
I wonder if those dullards know that it was their precious Reagan that ordered the current VC-25s that are used as Air Force one?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

Trump says cancel new Air Force One: Costs 'out of control'

The best part is when he later clarified this by saying Boeing should make money but not "too much" money.

If Trump really wants to save money, he should hit up the f-35 boondoggle and tell Lockmart to go get hosed. But he won't

quote:

Over 8 YEARS to build a plane? That’s a lot of overhead and indirect costs that get added on. Why does it take longer than 2 years if using off the shelf commercial electronics?

48 posted on 12/06/2016 7:37:57 AM PST by RGF

You heard captain "I don't know anything about the industry", just slap that poo poo together and push it out the door. All those fancy electronics and bullshit that has to be manufactured per plane? gently caress it, throw some steel frames in there for people to sit on.
3 years tops to build an aircraft carrier while we're at it because I know jack poo poo about that too

quote:

To: AndyJackson

Another part of the deal......put fear into those who overprice their “goods”. Trump know how to play hardball having built so many buildings. There are ways to cut down the costs and the red tape, he’s a pro at it.

74 posted on 12/06/2016 9:01:39 AM PST by DaveA37
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 50 | View Replies]

Yeah, how dare they use the free market....you know what you're asking here sounds quite a bit like dreaded socialism you guys HATE.
Of course on another layer this means we fine ourselves since Trump wants to overcharge tarriffs and poo poo for the stuff we send to China.

I swear to god, these fuckers want so much spur of the moment poo poo they ask for both opposites at almost the same time

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 7, 2016

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

What's freep's problem with being a community organizer? poo poo's hard work.

I mean, besides the Islamic Shock's existence :v:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

So Trump flat out lied on Twitter very publicly about the cost. It's 1.65 billion for at least two planes, rather than 4 billion for one like he tweeted. He also doesn't seem to understand what Air Force One actually does, since it has a lot of equipment on it to protect the President, as well as enable him to communicate easily and safely with people. The plane he owns doesn't have half of what that has, and it would probably cost far more to install all the necessary stuff on his private plane, as well as remove it once he's out of office.

His tweet also seems to have temporarily caused Boeing's stock to fall (though it recovered later in the day), and this is the problem with electing a stupid orange idiot child to the presidency. It also is potentially in response to a news article where the Boeing CEO criticized some of Trump's policies, so wonderful.

For all Freep's crowing about how Trump is so great and wonderful and smart that he saved those Carrier jobs, they seem to not give half a poo poo that Trump's statements have potentially put some of Boeing's jobs in jeopardy.

God I hate this reality we live in.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Trump....lied? The hell you say!

The best part is if Boeing came right out and listed the jobs they had to ax because of dumbass, all of freep would just shout "Sour grapes".
They don't give a poo poo about jobs, or policies, or any of that other bullshit. What they want, in the end, is someone that will leave the presidency with high approval and poo poo because their party has to be number 1, hence why they poo poo on any Republican but Reagan.
It's loving mind numbingly stupid, petty and childish, but that's what these fuckers are.
One I knew from another forums that bitched about Obama and the government loving up the economy to the point he was losing hours. He was a paper delivery man...that's right, this gently caress delivered papers and blamed the government and Obama for causing a bad economy to force people to cancel subscriptions, you know, in the age where everyone gets their news from a phone, internet, or tv.
He also bitched a lot about people on the government dole being lazy worthless stains on society while conveniently ignoring his whole family was living off his dad's disabled vet checks from the government.

These people are just loving idiots and assholes...the typical old bastard every neighborhood has that just bitch about anything and everything and all the neighbors try to avoid.
Hell, I even got to listen to one of the guys in the office last week bitch that the only reason people voted for Clinton was so they could go on welfare and get paid to do nothing...you know, while ignoring the biggest areas that have that issue went red by a huge margin.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

GOP Bill: No Flag, No Federal Funds For College

Nice to see the Republicans are concentrating on the important issues that are facing this nation.

quote:

Sounds good. How about no foreign flags allowed on campus except the American flag?

2 posted on 12/06/2016 4:12:38 PM PST by max americana (For the 9th time FIRED LIBERALS from our company at this election, and every election since 2008)

quote:

To: max americana

Or rainbow flags.

27 posted on 12/06/2016 5:19:04 PM PST by ealgeone
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

Make it happen in Congress in 2017, and then President Trump can sign it.

3 posted on 12/06/2016 4:13:27 PM PST by Grampa Dave (Hey, whining losers,Trump will just go ahead & make things better for us without you!!!!")

Sanctuary Schools! :argh:

quote:

And pull their funding if they’re a sanctuary school. Enforce ALL laws or no moola.

4 posted on 12/06/2016 4:14:09 PM PST by Veggie Todd (The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. TJ)

quote:

Its constitutional for Congress to place conditions on the use of federal funds.

Its not a free speech issue; if you don’t like the conditions, you’re free to decline the funds.

The government isn’t forcing colleges to accept it.

5 posted on 12/06/2016 4:14:31 PM PST by goldstategop ((In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever))

quote:

To: goldstategop

Where is it constitutional for those funds to even be available? much less to be used for dictation of a centralized program?

7 posted on 12/06/2016 4:18:19 PM PST by Olog-hai
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

how about pulling all federal funds from colleges?

let them earn their keep by attracting students based on merits of the education and degree instead of just being federal money grabbers with degree mills

8 posted on 12/06/2016 4:18:39 PM PST by arl295

quote:

I love it! put it in every bill!

9 posted on 12/06/2016 4:20:59 PM PST by marsmanmd

Sharia! :argh:

quote:

Also - no federal funds for any school that teaches Sharia law (harrumph Harvard, Yale!!!)

Completely subversive to our constitution and our national security. We shouldn’t pay tax dollars to support people who want to destroy us (well we shouldn’t be using federal tax dollars for universities anyway, but that’s a different topic.)

11 posted on 12/06/2016 4:29:21 PM PST by boxlunch (Pray for Donald Trump's safety, for his family and cabinet. Make America Good Again!)

quote:

How about no Federal Funding if English isn’t the preferred language. This having special tutors, translators. . is a system gone amuck. I know one school district that had to hire a translator for one student plus tutoring. . . .the school didn’t even have a xerox machine that worked. . .so much for the rest of the students. Not a wealthy district either!

15 posted on 12/06/2016 4:33:19 PM PST by Maudeen (No one on this earth is too far gone for Jesus.)

BASKET WEAVING!!! :argh::argh::argh:

quote:

No federal funds for:

Any school who does not use appropriate thorough and accurate books
any school who has basket weaving as a college credit course
any school who allo
ws Sharia law being taught or practiced on any campus
any school who does not allow any form of worship on their campus to be scrutinized to ensure that it is not any kind of terrorist activity

16 posted on 12/06/2016 4:42:16 PM PST by connyankee (#MAGABEGINS)

A '98 Freeper has some reservations...

quote:

Where is it constitutional for those funds to even be available? much less to be used for dictation of a centralized program?

Because this is what Republicans do. Rather than go to the heart of an issue and make the case on sound principles, they co-opt it and try to put conservative polish on it so the media won't call them names.

17 posted on 12/06/2016 4:44:01 PM PST by Extremely Extreme Extremist (Democracy is the backup QB to a dictatorship)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Raycpa

“Forcing the flag to be flown is not what the flag is about.”

Sure, but protecting the flag from those that demand it not be flown IS!!!

22 posted on 12/06/2016 4:59:44 PM PST by CodeToad (If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

Sorry, can't talk, no flag nearby.

quote:

I thought there was a rule that when public discourse occurs in America the US flag must be present. I first learned about that reading “The Cross And The Switchblade” as a child and assumed that was the reason flags are at public places like churches, schools, courts and government buildings.

19 posted on 12/06/2016 4:48:00 PM PST by \/\/ayne (I regret that I have but one subscription cancellation notice to give to my local newspaper.)

quote:

I agree with this 100%.

I’d also defund colleges that teach or inspire anti-Americanism.

21 posted on 12/06/2016 4:59:29 PM PST by redfreedom (The nation has been saved. Thank you Dear Lord. Long live President Trump!)

Seriously, Sanctuary Universities? What the gently caress?

quote:

To: Veggie Todd

You and I are on the same page with this idea. No Pell Grants or student loan money to sanctuary universities. That will shape them up.

23 posted on 12/06/2016 5:00:09 PM PST by Catsrus (Don't let Hillary, the crook, off the hook.)

That would make it difficult to get to class.

quote:

So little to ask, for so much that was given. Should also be required for them to show all respect to the flag, from morning to night.

25 posted on 12/06/2016 5:04:00 PM PST by EXCH54FE (Hurricane 416,Feisty Old Vet !!)

quote:

Burn or desecrate a U.S. flag? No more government benefits or tax credits for seven years.
Refuse to fly the U.S. flag on a government-funded campus? No more government funding for seven years

29 posted on 12/06/2016 5:25:38 PM PST by polymuser (There's a big basket of deportables.)

quote:

How about if you teach anti-American classes, or hire known terrorists no federal funds?

30 posted on 12/06/2016 5:42:49 PM PST by LambSlave

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 7, 2016

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ok no foreign flags sounds good. Suck it, traitors, gonna burn every Confederate flag I see on college campuses.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

"Sanctuary Universities" are actually a thing. Columbia, NYU and a ton of other schools have come out and said they wouldn't cooperate with authorities trying to interrupt the education of any of their students.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Hearing Freepers ranting about "sanctuary universities" in the last thread got me curious and a quick search found this: UConn campus police won't enforce immigration laws

Because immigration is the primary concern of campus police.

Nice University you got there, shame if something were to happen to it.

quote:

Not only will UConn PD not ask, they will continue to admit illegal immigrants and give them in state tuition.

It would be a shame if UConn were to loose any and all federal funding they or their students receive.

1 posted on 12/06/2016 3:09:57 PM PST by matt04
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: matt04

The police do what they are told. It’s a safe bet that they have been ordered to do this by the university administration, which has cleared it with the democrat governor.

3 posted on 12/06/2016 3:11:44 PM PST by I want the USA back (Lying Media: willing and eager allies of the hate-America left.)

Save us Trump!

quote:

I want Trump to refuse to give them ALL Fed money! It’s bad enough that my state taxes go to these POS.

5 posted on 12/06/2016 3:12:35 PM PST by nopardons

quote:

Cut off ALL money to the state of Connecticut.

6 posted on 12/06/2016 3:12:39 PM PST by Ray76 (DRAIN THE SWAMP)

quote:

And I hope that UConn loses every sports game ALL of their teams play...for many decades to come.

7 posted on 12/06/2016 3:13:25 PM PST by nopardons

quote:

We are going to save a ton of money right off the bat when we defund all the sanctuary states, cities, universities, etc. for violating federal immigration laws.

9 posted on 12/06/2016 3:14:22 PM PST by kaehurowing

quote:

How is this *not* obstruction of justice?

10 posted on 12/06/2016 3:14:42 PM PST by LouieFisk

quote:

To: Kenny500c

I am truly hoping it will not pay to cross Donald Trump....

12 posted on 12/06/2016 3:18:42 PM PST by JBW1949 (I'm really PC....PATRIOTICALLY CORRECT!!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

Maybe these morons can stop enforcing underage drinking laws too against “undocumented drinkers”?

13 posted on 12/06/2016 3:19:58 PM PST by VanDeKoik

quote:

and offering qualified undocumented students the in-state tuition rate, as state law requires.

What if the border I sneak over is from Rhode Island instead of Mexico? Can I still claim the Connecticut resident rate?

16 posted on 12/06/2016 3:28:46 PM PST by KarlInOhio (" T'was the witch of November come stealin' " And who could the stealing Witch of November be? Hmm?)

quote:

LOL --Campus Cops are just that: their authority/jurisdiction ends at the STOP signs which separate campus property from whichever town the campus squats in.

Campus Cops patrol campus parking lots, issue tickets for expired meters/parking stickers and occasionally escort frightened co-eds to their dorms after evening classes.

Any real crime that occurs on campus is soon taken over and investigated by real Police Officers/Detectives.

The pinch here, it seems to me, is that REAL LE needs to honor its oath of allegiance and, whenever necessary, ask the INS to step in.

No way should American citizens be 'on the hook' for underwriting illegal immigrants' tuition.

17 posted on 12/06/2016 3:32:07 PM PST by hold_muh_bier (and watch this: 8 years of a Trump Presidency followed by 8 years of a Pence Presidency!)

quote:

And shortly UConn will be cut of from government grants and tax exempt status.

Playdough strongman, meet steel hammer and anvil.

19 posted on 12/06/2016 3:33:40 PM PST by MrEdd (MrEdd)

quote:

To: packrat35

Nice of them to confirm it.Now Trump can cut off all federal funds, loans, etc that go to U Conn after he is sworn in!?

And that is exactly what Trump must do.

Not "can" do, or "threaten" to do. He MUST cut off all Federal funds and student loan guarantees for U Conn students if they defy him.

Pray for the man. He is going to be tested like this in 1001 ways once he assumes the Presidency. Pray that his is strong, and that, like Reagan did with the Air Traffic Controllers, he makes courageous decisions that send clear messages that he is a serious man, and there are serious consequences for those who refuse to obey the law.

20 posted on 12/06/2016 3:36:50 PM PST by SkyPilot ("I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

quote:

Nice, but I bet these bastards enforce the laws against US citizens.

22 posted on 12/06/2016 3:42:57 PM PST by Neoliberalnot (Marxism works well only with the uneducated and the unarmed)

quote:

That’s why the guilty must be punished personally, by jail time and fines. Otherwise, what do they care?

24 posted on 12/06/2016 3:48:34 PM PST by Savage Beast

quote:

Obama destroyed ITT rather than working to help the students, employees, and the businesses that would be affected due to a shutdown of the school. The left is only happy with liberal indoctrination camps. The average citizen learning real-world skills is NOT something the leftist totalitarians are interested in.

We need to use every opportunity to break up the monopoly the left has gained over education. This could be one such opportunity.

25 posted on 12/06/2016 3:50:56 PM PST by unlearner (11/8/2016 - a new beginning.)

quote:

“It would be a shame if UConn were to loose any and all federal funding they or their students receive.”

What’d be a real shame is if everyone in admin from the leadership to the clerks, were arrested for violation of federal law.

28 posted on 12/06/2016 4:00:16 PM PST by Grimmy (equivocation is but the first step along the road to capitulation)

quote:

All Trump has to do is Announce that All Colleges or Universities that refuse to enforce Immigration laws will Immediately loose all Pell Grant funding.

I guarantee they wouldn’t mutter amnesty in their dreams.

30 posted on 12/06/2016 4:59:59 PM PST by VRWCarea51 (The Original 1998 Version)

quote:

To: matt04; nopardons

So how many illegals are going to UConn for free on Federal and Conn. tax $’s, to cause this outrageous statement by the crooks in charge of UConn.

33 posted on 12/06/2016 5:12:37 PM PST by Grampa Dave (Hey, whining losers,Trump will just go ahead & make things better for us without you!!!!")

quote:

To: Grampa Dave
I wish I knew, but sadly, I have no idea. But a better question is: HOW MANY OUT OF STATE DAMNED ILLEGALS GOING TO UCONN, ON MY MONEY?

Am I furious at this news? YOU BET I AM!
34 posted on 12/06/2016 5:23:22 PM PST by nopardons
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

quote:

Not really the job of campus police, which primarily peace keeping.

I'm OK with this as long as they cooperate with the Feds when the need arises.
36 posted on 12/06/2016 5:53:58 PM PST by Salman

quote:

If that’s the way you want to play it out then it looks like those ugly ICE tactical squads will be raiding UCONN campus with warrants after January 20. It all could have been kept low key and discrete, but no. That and no federal funds for any of CT until ALL of CT complies with federal laws.

BTW, I’m a CT resident since ‘88 and a big UCONN WBB fan but draw the line at law breaking.

38 posted on 12/06/2016 6:44:45 PM PST by USCG SimTech
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I hate the federal government! It's too powerful! The true power should be in the hands of the states! STATES' RIGHTS! TENTH AMENDMENT! The states should have the power to nullify federal law!

Wait, that state is doing something I don't like. THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS GOOD! States who disobey the federal government should be punished!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
If only freep could be anything but an echo chamber...I'd love to see these people get called on all their poo poo. Course then they'd all stop posting and go look for an echo chamber

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

How the Trump Administration Can Stop IRS Abuse of Political Groups

It's kind of amazing how many nontroversies the right has managed to keep alive over all these years.

quote:

To: JOHN ADAMS

Too much information. Just be ruthless with them and take names afterwards.

2 posted on 12/06/2016 9:39:55 PM PST by DIRTYSECRET (urope. Why do they put up with this.)

Sure, just come right out and say it why don't you?

quote:

I don’t want it to stop—I want it done against all liberals, now.

This is a great tool to with which to torment Democrats.

3 posted on 12/06/2016 9:45:05 PM PST by ConservativeMind ("Humane" = "Don't pen up pets or eat meat, but allow infanticides, abortion, and euthanasia.")

quote:

Or we could have a flat tax and elminate the IRS. Or we could elminate all campaign finance laws. Why settle formthe snack not biting you when you could kill the snake?

5 posted on 12/06/2016 9:51:25 PM PST by FreedomNotSafety

quote:

Best way to stop the IRS from targeting Conservative political groups is to abolish the IRS. While we’re at it, repealing the 16th Amendment would be even better.

6 posted on 12/06/2016 9:54:19 PM PST by Repeal 16-17 (Let me know when the Shooting starts.)

quote:

To: WMarshal

No, abolish the agency and return to what our founders originally wrote and had in mind. Radical but true. There will never be true freedom and liberty until this agency is extirpated by its roots and returned to the abyss of hell from whence it came.

7 posted on 12/06/2016 9:55:30 PM PST by Fungi

Wrong thread, Matt.

quote:

The first order of business needs to be the repeal of Roe v. Wade, after an appropriate SCOTUS becomes available, with immediate prosecution of baby body part dealers. That is already illegal.

8 posted on 12/06/2016 10:02:01 PM PST by matthew fuller (How's that legacy thingy coming, Buckwheat?)

quote:

To: ConservativeMind

I don’t want it to stop—I want it done against all liberals, now. This is a great tool to with which to torment Democrats.

They used it against us... and the MSM didn't give a drat. Let's see if they care when it's used against democrats.

9 posted on 12/06/2016 10:07:31 PM PST by GOPJ ( 'Fake news' - - the MSM, New York Times, CNN and Washington Post.)

quote:

I think they need more than a new boss at Justice and the IRS, but a lot of new staff. Staff who cooperated with the old regime showed that their loyalty was to party, not to justice. They should be gone, by whatever legal means available.

10 posted on 12/06/2016 10:08:54 PM PST by Steve_Seattle

quote:

If I had a slush fund like the clintons and Al Gore and others I would not have to pay the IRS money for the stock profit I made.

11 posted on 12/06/2016 10:09:38 PM PST by minnesota_bound

quote:

If Obama appointed them or were appointed by any chain of people leading back to Obama, remove them. Go at least 3 layers deep.

12 posted on 12/06/2016 10:19:42 PM PST by Nateman (If liberals are not screaming you are doing it wrong!)

quote:

Even better - toss Lois Lerner in jail until she squeals on the Obama admin.

14 posted on 12/06/2016 10:31:46 PM PST by Major Matt Mason (Those that can, do, those that can't, work in the Beltway.)

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Freep sure does have some good opinions on universities! And I suspect the sanctuary college thing recently came out of Janet Napolitano, former Obama secretary of homeland insecurity, Suspected Lesbian, and current president of the California university system, said they were not going to give a poo poo.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I just figured a Sanctuary College was where you went after you graduated from the local high school in the Sanctuary City you grew up in.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

This thread is becoming depressing since we've now seen that their horrible opinions have so much more power than we ever expected.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I don't get it. Why does maxamericana keep having to fire liberals after every election? Why does he hire horrible, awful liberals? Why doesn't he just hire conservatives? It seems like a waste of time.

And don't worry freep, we here in CT don't get much in the way of federal funds for you to take away from us over UConn. Most of our federal tax dollars go straight to the south.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Minenfeld! posted:

I don't get it. Why does maxamericana keep having to fire liberals after every election? Why does he hire horrible, awful liberals? Why doesn't he just hire conservatives? It seems like a waste of time.

And don't worry freep, we here in CT don't get much in the way of federal funds for you to take away from us over UConn. Most of our federal tax dollars go straight to the south.

It's not too difficult to imagine a sadistic powertripper who wants nothing more than to hold power over those who disagree with him.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Jagged Jim posted:

quote:

Obama destroyed ITT rather than working to help the students, employees, and the businesses that would be affected due to a shutdown of the school. The left is only happy with liberal indoctrination camps. The average citizen learning real-world skills is NOT something the leftist totalitarians are interested in.

We need to use every opportunity to break up the monopoly the left has gained over education. This could be one such opportunity.

25 posted on 12/06/2016 3:50:56 PM PST by unlearner (11/8/2016 - a new beginning.)
Poor plucky for profit ITT tech :(

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Geostomp posted:

This thread is becoming depressing since we've now seen that their horrible opinions have so much more power than we ever expected.

Yeah, even the few harvests of tears and amusement that they're not getting what they want isn't enough to overcome the fact that some of the things they want might actually happen, and that is definitely depressing. Not enough to make me stop reading the thread though.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah, even the few harvests of tears and amusement that they're not getting what they want isn't enough to overcome the fact that some of the things they want might actually happen, and that is definitely depressing. Not enough to make me stop reading the thread though.

The reality is that the bad guys won this year on a parade of misinformation, indoctrination, and pure stupidity. America is guaranteed to experience decline as these people get what they want. Even when things go south, they will blame everyone but Trump and the Republicans and nothing will be learned or changed.

It's just not as funny when the reality is that they will ruin everything and not even realize they did so or apologize.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

This thread is pretty therapeutic to me, since it for some reason feels better that at least part of the answer is people who are ill informed and sort of stupid, rather than it being a matter of some outright greed or evil. It is not very clear why, as it seems we would have more hope stamping out calculated evil than we would ever have of solving people being uninformed, but it does still help.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

This thread is pretty therapeutic to me, since it for some reason feels better that at least part of the answer is people who are ill informed and sort of stupid, rather than it being a matter of some outright greed or evil. It is not very clear why, as it seems we would have more hope stamping out calculated evil than we would ever have of solving people being uninformed, but it does still help.

Calculated evil has enough self-interest to realize that the nation needs to be at least somewhat functional for them to prey on. Zealotry, hatred, and stupidity will gladly cut off their own nose to spite their face while neither realizing or caring about the effects. Combine that with the easy in spreading those and difficulty stamping them out so long as a scapegoat exists and you see them doing much, much more damage in the long run.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Minenfeld! posted:

I imagine the guy is like a living, breathing version of the freep ideals; Agree with me all the time or you get ousted for being a liberal troll.
Dude could be Republican registered, voted straight R every election ever, attend rallies, even be a politician, but if he doesn't just blindly praise his boss for crazy bullshit, then he's a liberal swine that needs to be axed. The guy posts on freep after all, he's already unhinged

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

SocketWrench posted:

I imagine the guy is like a living, breathing version of the freep ideals; Agree with me all the time or you get ousted for being a liberal troll.
Dude could be Republican registered, voted straight R every election ever, attend rallies, even be a politician, but if he doesn't just blindly praise his boss for crazy bullshit, then he's a liberal swine that needs to be axed. The guy posts on freep after all, he's already unhinged

Or, you know, he's just a liar.

NachtSieger posted:

What's freep's problem with being a community organizer? poo poo's hard work.

It's the community in which such organizing is done.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
maxamericana is the guy who claims he greenlit iron man and basically started the entire marvel franchise

so he's either an extremely wealthy studio mogul who fires almost everyone who works for him every four years or he's lying

I'm gonna go with the second one

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Hate to burst your bubble, but this is a false dichotomy. The Trump movement is a combination of stupidity and active malice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

Hate to burst your bubble, but this is a false dichotomy. The Trump movement is a combination of stupidity and active malice.

The Trump movement embodies America.