Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Nonsense, Trump doesn't want to gently caress Farage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Philip Hammond's autumn statement – The chancellor has few treats for voters now and few to come as economic growth is dented by the approach of Brexit" Also Who are the Jams (the 'just about managing')?

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

The Crown (TV series)

Guardian Australian Sport:

Kerem Bulut embarrassing celebration goal from offside

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Cloud Potato posted:

Wow, that's mean.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Philip Hammond's Brexit forecast – Philip Hammond has said the government cannot ignore the £59bn black hole in the public finances directly related to Brexit, as pro-leave Tories criticised the economic forecast as overly pessimistic"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

After Harold Lloyd.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Brexit and Black Friday – Black Friday takings soar 16% in online bonanza but high streets stay quiet"

Telegraph:

Brexit can be stopped, insists Tony Blair as he rules out return to frontline politics; John Major: case for second Brexit referendum is credible

Independent:

After John Martin.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Paint Colours - Farrow & Bell

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're all enjoying their chance to bring the Blair caricatures out of mothball.

"British Political Cartoons: She's a Clown, Nobody's Laughing"?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

oh thank god this year has some mercy after all

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Philip Hammond and the cost of Brexit - Chris Riddell on the chancellor’s autumn statement"

Sunday Telegraph:

Fidel Castro obituary: revolutionary icon finally defeated by infirmity of old age

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the death of Fidel Castro – The revolutionary icon who survived endless attempts on his life is finally defeated by the infirmity of old age"

Telegraph:

Sex abuse: Football Association to investigate allegations

Independent:

Times:

Castro was ‘champion of social justice’ despite flaws, says Corbyn

Love Like Blood
Sep 9, 2009
Brian Adcock's cartoons are always the ugliest most hamfisted poo poo.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Ukip – Paul Nuttall has been elected leader of Ukip by an overwhelming margin and said he will set the party’s sights on winning over disenchanted Labour voters"

Telegraph:

Independent:

UK-Polish ties to be 'stronger' after Brexit insists May

Times:

Guardian Sport:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Brian manages to be a complete poo poo as always.

Strong Britain helps protect all those weak foreignerswith 150 troops as part of a nato deployment and they are being ungrateful to us! They'll come back crawling for our thin red line o'heroes soon enough!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on boardroom excess – Theresa May is to promise a crackdown on boardroom excess at large privately owned businesses as she unveils proposals intended to hold corporate Britain to account"

Telegraph:

'Have cake and eat it' Brexit notes played down by government

Independent:

Times:

Also, they held the Cartoon of the Year Awards last night; Peter Brookes won Cartoon of the Year, Ben Jennings came second, and Morten Morland won Cartoonist of the Year.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I like how I had to look up who the hell Morten Morland was because I can't read his signature. My brain had guessed "Milano" and carried on without realising there was for one thing an extra letter hiding in there

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's promise to drop his business interests – President-elect says he wants to avoid appearance of conflict of interest once in office, but gives little detail before planned press conference in two weeks"

Telegraph:

UK health body proposes removal of speed bumps to cut air pollution

Independent:

Times:

Syria war: Aleppo risks becoming giant graveyard - UN

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Tony Blair's new institute for centre-ground politics – Former PM is to launch a new institute for centre-ground politics in response to what he said were growing concerns about rightwing and leftwing populism"

Yesterday's Telegraph: (apologies, they've paywalled the Telegraph site, have to grab them from Twitter)

Angela Merkel's refusal to let Britain win a good Brexit will boost the case for a quick, clean break from the EU

Independent:

Boris Johnson calls for illegal immigrants to be granted amnesty after Brexit

The i paper:

Zac Goldsmith ousted by Lib Dems in Richmond Park by-election

Times:

May wanted to 'deprioritise' school places for children of people illegally in UK

moonraker
Oct 29, 2015
Tony Blair's new institute for centre-ground politics

Ohh that cartoon gave me a good giggle

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Certainly fits the world of post truth politics.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Nothing can beat him being envoy for middle-east peace.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Richmond Park byelection – The Lib Dems secured a stunning byelection victory to unseat Zac Goldsmith by convincing up to a third of leave-supporting Tory voters to switch to the party"

Telegraph:

Andrew Sachs, Manuel from Fawlty Towers, dies aged 86

Times:

France presidency: Francois Hollande decides not to run again

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Brexit: the Richmond Park mouse roars – Chris Riddell on the Zac Goldsmith’s spectacular defeat"

Sunday Telegraph:

Italy referendum: PM Renzi's future in the balance

Independent on Sunday:

Trump's Taiwan call exposes his inexperience, China state media say

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Brexit and elections – The Tory party has been warned it could lose the next election if Theresa May alienates its core of moderate supporters by pushing through a hard Brexit"

Telegraph:

Brexit: article 50 supreme court hearing – live updates

Independent:

Times:

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
I'm in the USA and I was reading a story about the Richmond Park election, and I read something about "Christian Wolmar, losing his deposit." What kind of election process or thing do you guys have that requires putting down money ? I'm just curious here.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

LYNCH A
SUPREME
COURT
JUSTICE

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

J_RBG posted:

LYNCH A
SUPREME
COURT
JUSTICE

& win a Kate Bush CD

:lol:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

MREBoy posted:

I'm in the USA and I was reading a story about the Richmond Park election, and I read something about "Christian Wolmar, losing his deposit." What kind of election process or thing do you guys have that requires putting down money ? I'm just curious here.

You need to provide a £500 deposit to get on the ballot here, which is refunded if you get at least 5% of the votes. The argument is that if you can't raise this modest amount from your supporters, you're not going to get enough votes to be anywhere near competitive. This only applies for MPs, not local councillors.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Party Boat posted:

You need to provide a £500 deposit to get on the ballot here, which is refunded if you get at least 5% of the votes. The argument is that if you can't raise this modest amount from your supporters, you're not going to get enough votes to be anywhere near competitive. This only applies for MPs, not local councillors.

I kind of like it when the fash lose their deposits though.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
edit: gently caress, wrong thread

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Casey review – Governments have failed to ensure that social integration in the UK has kept up with ‘unprecedented pace and scale of immigration’, major review finds"

Telegraph:

Times:

Matteo Renzi resigns: Italy's PM stands down after crushing 20-point defeat in referendum

Mail:
MAC ON... Nigel Farage and the Italian referendum

Guardian Sport:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Uk doesn't have the euro and your elites are trying their hardest to not have to brexit you numpty

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Britain was obviously being kept in solitary confinement and is now endangering the public.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on red, white and blue Brexit – For weeks after the EU referendum, the only description Theresa May gave was “Brexit means Brexit”, but now the prime minister has a new slogan – “a red, white and blue Brexit”."

Telegraph:

Independent:

Train and track operations to be reunited in rail revamp

Times:

May seeks 'new chapter' in Gulf relations ahead of Bahrain visit

Mail:
Mac on... Britain's failing education system

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Those lovingly hand-drawn dealwithit sunglasses :allears:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Oh, this is great.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

:lol:

This one feels familiar for some reason; wasn't there a similar one with Cameron?

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 7, 2016

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
There was this from the start of the year:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Marvellous.

moonraker
Oct 29, 2015

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Times:

Nice find , Little tim top of the world cracks me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Trump as Time magazine's person of the year – US president-elect Donald Trump joins Obama, Hitler and Stalin on list of people deemed most influential ‘for better or for worse’"

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
MAC ON... Building Spitfires in the garage