Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Any chance for a link to this image? Want to do something similar for someone as a gift

[E] Whoops a snipe. Have a video about old kickstarter games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03A5lQ2vM2U

laserghost fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
if you missed the question hound "this is fine" kickstarter you can preorder one for after the kickstarter deliveries go out, but you'll miss it arriving for xmas https://twitter.com/kcgreenn/status/806238342895599616

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
long deleted it (it was an image for a 32gb sd card) but it was based on retropie

The only things you need to watch our for are quirkiness in getting things like segacd and n64 to work, the ps1 games I loaded basically worked smoothly as well.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
N64 emulation in general will be forever garbage until someone starts doing lle instead of just optimizing lovely hacky bits to run mario64 good

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

anthonypants posted:

if you missed the question hound "this is fine" kickstarter you can preorder one for after the kickstarter deliveries go out, but you'll miss it arriving for xmas https://twitter.com/kcgreenn/status/806238342895599616

Fiestacat was ahead of its time.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

A Yolo Wizard posted:

N64 emulation in general will be forever garbage until someone starts doing lle instead of just optimizing lovely hacky bits to run mario64 good

which will never happen because nobody knows how any of the proprietary SGI 3D poo poo works

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

A Yolo Wizard posted:

cen64 http://git.cen64.com/ and the MAME/MESS n64 driver are both doing low level emulation and coming along nicely

you need a pretty beefy pc to use them though

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
the dolphin project has cool, popular status updates though

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i use dolphin to play megaman 9

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

laserghost posted:

Any chance for a link to this image? Want to do something similar for someone as a gift

No Star Citizen, voted 1

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

http://gizmodo.com/this-tiny-gaming-console-can-play-retro-games-from-28-d-1789726792

it's a raspberry pi with a bunch of emulators installed on it and a fancy metal shell

it's raised $18,000

at least it looks like a sega genesis, unlike every other retro gaming thing that bascially defaults to looking like an NES

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

laserghost posted:

this guy doesn't seem to understand that just because something makes more than the kickstarter limit doesn't mean that's how much money it would have made to make the game

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Migishu posted:

No Star Citizen, voted 1

star citizen hasn't run away yet, its still taking money

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
rip pebble and all pebbles

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I have a pebble.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Pissflaps posted:

I have a pebble.
post-brexit collapse of the pound occurred even faster than i expected

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pissflaps posted:

I have a pebble.

im sorry

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
it's ok I don't use it now that I have an Apple Watch

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
send it to me I like collecting and playing with dead hardware

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
the pebble, not the apple watch

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
smartwatch sales down 51% year on year

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
digital watches are for children

you don't have to be a watch sperg to appreciate the workmanship that goes into a nice analog watch.

there's nothing to appreciate with any digital watch

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
i bought a skeleton pocket watch mostly because i love the craftsmanship that goes behind such a beautiful thing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"we put a lovely meme on a lovely watch! let's see if anyone notices!"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/harambe/harambe-swiss-movement-watch-the-value-of-our-time

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ticks out for harambe

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Agile Vector posted:

ticks out for harambe

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Has anyone ever said Kicksharter?

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Meat Beat Agent posted:

now available on kicksharter

late by a page

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

when you don't want to be a typical loving suit but a spikey bracelet would violate the corporate dress code

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

Ator fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 8, 2016

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

i will get my dog
i will find my dog

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

it took me 2 minutes to remember how to timg an imgur

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
this is fine. i'm okay with the events that are unfolding currently. that's okay, things are going to be okay.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I think the dog missed in timing. I'm no longer serenely riding out events.

Things are loving horrible and only going to get worse forever and ever.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Synthbuttrange posted:

I think the dog missed in timing. I'm no longer serenely riding out events.

Things are loving horrible and only going to get worse forever and ever.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Sagebrush posted:

margins? excellent. a desktop laser runs on 120v AC (so the power draw isn't any more than say a big microwave or a toaster oven) and the driftwood is essentially free. a girlfriend and i once sold laser-cut earrings using the grad studio's laser cutter (:ssh:) at $30/pr for like 50 cents of wood and 25 cents of metal hooks and loops.

back then the startup cost was about $35,000 for an entry-level epilog. now you can get a Full Spectrum for $4k or a chinese knockoff with no safety interlocks and questionable electrical design for half that. recoup your up-front in a month if you have a good product; memes sell like hotcakes so i'm sure he's doing fine

Honest question because I don't know poo poo about it (and if you rereg after your retarded ban) but my walking-around and barely-involved impression of craft jewelry is that it's a tough market because it's saturated as gently caress and you better have something goddam unique that stands out.

evilcat
May 16, 2009
This is of course crowdfunded preorders run through their own site, not even something as legitimate as IGG.
A smart, IOT, phone controlled toaster oven with a camera so you can check how cooked something is.
It will notify your phone when your food is done! It has a screen and dial floating in the middle of a glass pane somehow!
It's $1500, and for comparison the toaster oven some say to be the best you can buy is only around $300. It's five times the price so it can call your phone and have an app.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I cant wait for the internet of things to rise up and destroy us.

Or sea levels.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
donate and you will get the homebaked cookies of a fat man or maybe even a cake delivered by someone in back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
it's black and white, like an orca

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread