Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I like SFV as well my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
There are dozens of us! I'm so hoping at some point they can find the time to fix the UX stuff (bad menus, loading times, training options not saving) because that's egregiously bad. But I think the actual fighting part is totally fine and good

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yep. I'd also put 'add a windowed mode to the PC version' because come on Capcom it can't be that hard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CaptCommy posted:

There are dozens of us! I'm so hoping at some point they can find the time to fix the UX stuff (bad menus, loading times, training options not saving) because that's egregiously bad. But I think the actual fighting part is totally fine and good

I bet they'll do this randomly two years after release lol

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Yep. I'd also put 'add a windowed mode to the PC version' because come on Capcom it can't be that hard.

Yeah sure they can. Just install this one little rootkit.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I still like it, it's just bad in a lot of places even beyond the obvious stuff. Like...I don't think I'm deep enough into FG's and SF to really be aware or have the major gameplay/system problems affect me to the point of making me mad about them....but at the same time there are some that I noticed and hated (hello jab anti airs) and that's pretty bad if scrub like me is seeing stuff like that.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I still like it, it's just bad in a lot of places even beyond the obvious stuff. Like...I don't think I'm deep enough into FG's and SF to really be aware or have the major gameplay/system problems affect me to the point of making me mad about them....but at the same time there are some that I noticed and hated (hello jab anti airs) and that's pretty bad if scrub like me is seeing stuff like that.

This is where I'm at. I can acknowledge the game system's flaws but at the end of the day I'm just not good/discerning enough for it to put me off playing the game. What does put me off playing the game is everything or rather the lack of everything surrounding that gameplay system. Honestly, if Capcom could just make matchmaking & netcode better and decrease the downtime between matches it would make a world of difference. I personally don't care too much about single player modes, but it should be obvious to anyone that's a large part of the reason games like Tekken and MK sell so much better to a general audience.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I almost never run into lag (I've been told that this might mean I'm the one causing rollback but I've got pretty good cable internet going directly to the PS4). The only other FG I have to compare for match times is GGXR which has a population problem, but it seems to be better if you're hanging out in training mode with Fight Request on and looking for both casual and ranked matches at the same time. I only really get to play at like 6-7am PST and I can get about 7-8 sets in during that time depending on how many times I go 1-1 at first.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
I just don't understand why capcoms pc support for street fighter specifically is getting worse and worse over time

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Arzachel posted:

Is this different from overhead/low because overheads are generally reactable?

One of the things that put me off this game is that meaties can't be eyeballed because nothing has active frames. Took a look at Juri's meaty setup list and :yikes:

overheads in this game tend to be really slow and reactable so they're not that great

you don't really get that much damage, combos, or set-ups off of them (unless you're ibuki)

you save them for round enders and don't really throw them out too much

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Zand posted:

I just don't understand why capcoms pc support for street fighter specifically is getting worse and worse over time

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that I ordered an officially licensed SFV TE2+ from mad catz and they've sent me two so far, both with bad boards. I'm waiting for the third one to get here as we speak

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/806244746473701376

hmm

S.J.
May 19, 2008

yeah wake up jab is already better than wake up DP in most situations so uhhhh

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

I wish people would stop making excuses for capcom's dumb decisions.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Filipinoman/status/806245829832949760

well

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Simulacra posted:

I wish people would stop making excuses for capcom's dumb decisions.

arcade owner with a history of doing business with capcom

opinion put into "that" pile

S.J.
May 19, 2008

https://twitter.com/MikeZSez/status/806588730324590592

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

He's making fun of the iphone 7 right

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

lol at trying to use logic to argue with a shill

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

i mostly respect mikez but

https://twitter.com/MikeZSez/status/805702490918264832

lol

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

on one hand, everything ono has ever touched's marketing

on the other hand, the marvel 3 trailers were Real Good, both the massive cinematic story trailer thing and the char reveal trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Are2uSLBRs0

loving MSS was the team in the sentinel reveal trailer for god's sakes

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 7, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Capcom's PR department isn't bad, their issue is having to deal with Capcom JP.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Dias posted:

Capcom's PR department isn't bad, their issue is having to deal with Capcom JP.

It's epic as hell that Capcom US and Capcom JP have undermined each other more than once in the span of less than a year.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The cinematic trailers for MvC3 and SFxT were absolutely amazing stuff, full of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doarx57Leyg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64DNpYiqlEc

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Y'all wanna see some real shameless shilling not this faux genuine pussyfooting, check out this post from Evo 2016 GGXrd Revelator champion Machaboo

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Could someone explain this to me, a bad player who doesn't understand the connection between wake-up jab and DP being good?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

He's saying that the threat of dp scared players so much that they blocked more on wakeup and therefore let the opponent wake up with jabs, which would be a phenomenally bad idea in games with solid oki

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Y'all wanna see some real shameless shilling not this faux genuine pussyfooting, check out this post from Evo 2016 GGXrd Revelator champion Machaboo

"This is a 3vs3 game that you could control tons of magic using your hand" im on board

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mattavist posted:

Could someone explain this to me, a bad player who doesn't understand the connection between wake-up jab and DP being good?

if you're scared of wakeup dp, you do nothing, so the person capable of doing wakeup dp instead does jab. if they connect the jab, then it means you were so afraid of the dp you lost momentum.

that doesnt necessarily mean that dps are too powerful, mind you, but thats the logic there.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

grey life regen speed is apparently like 1/3rd of what it was for season 1 so zonings corpse is not only still dead but also now on fire.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

did they seriously increase push out on blocked normals again?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Come on, Capcom! Just add air-dashing and air-blocking already so that I can write off the series completely.
Because SFV sure as hell is slowly but surely devolving into an anime fighter.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
but anime fighters are good and have movement

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I know that when I think of anime fighters I think of weak offense

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Jack Trades posted:

Come on, Capcom! Just add air-dashing and air-blocking already so that I can write off the series completely.

You're worse than the SF5 shills

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Lol what the gently caress is this?

DPs are really strong in SFV because there aren't good enough blockstrings, imo, and too many characters are bad in neutral so they feel pressure to have to Stay aggressive, which a yolo DP disrupts.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dhamster posted:

but anime fighters are good and have movement

I never said that anime fighters were bad. I just don't like them.

InnercityGriot posted:

Lol what the gently caress is this?

DPs are really strong in SFV because there aren't good enough blockstrings, imo, and too many characters are bad in neutral so they feel pressure to have to Stay aggressive, which a yolo DP disrupts.

You're not wrong.
My point was that the Capcom has to make all these strange changes because for some reason they decided to make a game with poo poo normals and no zoning.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Please cut your losses now and stop posting

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Add air dashing but only for Goku Necali costume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008