Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

89 posted:

I've got for RBs:

Spencer Ware
Doug Martin
Jonathan Stewart
Dion Lewis

I start 2. 0.5 PPR. I dropped Rob Kelly and he's on the waiver wire. I've got the #4 waiver priority. Do I burn it on Rob Kelly or Jacquizz/Charles Sims to backup Doug Martin?

Washington has three bottom ten matchups in the playoffs. The Bucs have the Saints (#7) twice. Do with that info watcha will (but they have #30, Dallas in week 15)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

decypher posted:

IDP:

Kiko broke his hand, D'Qwell broke his head. I picked up Ellerby and was wondering if any of the following linebackers jump out at you:

Chandler Jones
K.Sheppard
E.Jackson
Kwiatoski
J.Ryan
D.Lee
Hitchens
B.Martinez

In bold are my gut choices.

When I rank LBs by scoring in the last three weeks in my own league's IDP scoring (which is almost definitely not the same as yours), Jackson is #30, Kwiatoski is 43, Darron Lee is 56, Hitchens is 32, and the others aren't in the top 64.

Chandler Jones is the most recognizable name to me, but his recent performance has been poor. He's probably reliable for two or three points, but that's it. Kelvin Sheppard has been doing moderately better, but not by much.

Edwin Jackson has been doing well lately, but he's playing the Texans: when he played the Texans in week 6, he only got two tackles (no assists, no sacks). He has two sacks on the season and only gets good points against run-first offenses: the Chiefs, Texans, and Jets are his good games.

Anthony Hitchens has played every week. He's coming off his best fantasy game of the season against the Vikings, with 6 tackles (two as TFLs), 4 assists, and one pass defensed. He is working alongside superstar linebacker Sean Lee, who has maybe been teaching this rookie how to play. I like him as an option but I would expect him to have a middling game against the Giants this week.

Nick Kwiatoski plays for the Bears and had a monster game this past week mostly because of the niners in the snow. His floor is zero, with no points in weeks 5, 10, and 11. The bears face the Lions.

Jake Ryan is interesting. He's had a very good season and a huge game in week 9 against the Colts, with 11 tackles and a defensed pass, but he scored zero in weeks 10-12 while injured. He's facing the seahawks this week, who should run the ball a lot, which might generate tackles. I would give him a close look and strong consideration, provided he's healthy.

Darron Lee is a rookie, facing the 9ers this week. I don't trust a Jet. Hyde should run a lot, generating some tackles, but who knows. He seems productive but, Jets.

Blake Martinez has been week-to-week with a sprained ankle, but has been productive when healthy. He hasn't played since week 11. Avoid unless he's definitely startable.

So, my IDP suggestion is:
Hitchens for a safer pick
Jake Ryan for a good option especially if Martinez isn't playing
Kwiatoski if you feel like a big gamble.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Eifert has been fine and now he has the Browns.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

I just want to say that the Drunk Nerds MNF meltdown starts on page 293.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Should I drop Hightower for Jaquizz Rodgers or Charles Simms?

Currently in the number 1 seed with a bye in my .5 PPR league

Here is my full squad

Any thoughts before I set my waiver priorities? I am leery of dropping Hightower since he has been throwing up pretty good points and Ingram goes down but I also need to handcuff Martin, is there anyone else I should drop instead or just sit tight?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I mean if you like handcuffing yes if not no. I'm not a fan of doing that personally.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Any thoughts before I set my waiver priorities? I am leery of dropping Hightower since he has been throwing up pretty good points and Ingram goes down but I also need to handcuff Martin, is there anyone else I should drop instead or just sit tight?

NO actually has a decent run defense. I have Martin too but I'm not adding Sims

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I made it into the playoffs of my dynasty league for the first time and I have a 50 point lead heading into week 2 of the semifinals. I might actually make it far enough to be absolutely crushed in the finals by the guy who is 12 and 0

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
So 8 of 12 teams in my Yahoo work league make the playoffs. This means that there is no consolation bracket - teams 9-12 are done. The settings are set to lock eliminated teams. But the guy in 9th place made a successful waiver claim today and one of the playoff teams is pissed about it because they grabbed the guy he wanted.

I'm not the commissioner, just curious if anyone else had this happen. My only theory is that the guy in 9th place could technically still make the playoffs if there was a stat correction tomorrow in his favour, so he's not 100%, definitively eliminated.

I'm not too concerned about it because it definitely wasn't a malicious move or anything; the guy is kind of a dummy and possibly doesn't even realize that he has no more matchups. It does go against the settings that we chose and implemented though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pubic works project posted:

Hmmmmm I'm rolling with Minnesota against Indy for Week 15. Thinking about the Chiefs against Denver for Week 16 or Redskins @ Chicago. Which should I go for?

Harrison Smith is probably done for the year, just FYI

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Even though I doubt anybody else was planning on using the NYG defense these last couple of weeks, JPP is out for the rest of the season and I don't expect good things to come.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

IcePhoenix posted:

Trading Smith+ for Collins and Trevethan/McDougald for Orr a few weeks ago is turning out to be pretty dang awesome

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DTaeKim posted:

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'D ALSO LIKE TO GIVE A SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO COLIN KAEPERNICK FOR DECIDING HIS BLACK LIVES MATTER CAMPAIGN MEANS HE NEEDS TO SYMBOLICALLY TANK DURING WHITE SNOWSTORMS. I COULD'VE STARTED TOM loving BRADY, YOU GODDAMN COCKTEASING ASHOLE

He deserved it. How the gently caress do you start Colin Kaepernick in a snowstorm instead of Tom "Literally the most winningest QB of all time" Brady

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Doltos posted:

He deserved it. How the gently caress do you start Colin Kaepernick in a snowstorm instead of Tom "Literally the most winningest QB of all time" Brady

He's already explicitly stated his reasoning.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

sleepwalkers posted:

He's already explicitly stated his reasoning.

I'm sure there's been a lot of reasoning behind people doing stupid poo poo

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Doltos you're not really one to talk.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Careful Doltos he might get mad at you for his bad decision because reasons

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

pubic works project posted:

Doltos you're not really one to talk.

The wise get their knowledge from first hand experience

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Should I keep relying on Fiedorowicz's constant 4-5 points a game, or should I drop him for Pitta? (non-ppr)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Doltos posted:

The wise get their knowledge from first hand experience

The wisest of us get it through second and third hand experience mixed with first hand experience, actually. I'm talking, of course, of Matt Berry.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RCarr posted:

Should I keep relying on Fiedorowicz's constant 4-5 points a game, or should I drop him for Pitta? (non-ppr)

Pitta has a really bad matchup schedule down the stretch, so it matters if you believe in matchups more than target opportunity and touchdown regression.

I finished my fantasy playoffs matchups pieces so this might help make decisions. It's not the most scientific method (average rank of ROS opponents). I was going to do average fantasy points and weigh for each round but then I remembered I have a full-time job

Best QB Matchups
Worst QB Matchups
Best RB Matchups
Worst RB Matchups
Best WR Matchups
Worst WR Matchups
Best TE Matchups
Worst TE Matchups

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Pitta has a really bad matchup schedule down the stretch, so it matters if you believe in matchups more than target opportunity and touchdown regression.

Sorry I meant for this week. It's a win and in situation.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I just realized that the SEA defense was already middling even before Earl Thomas got injured. Atlanta Defense is available, and matchup-wise the next few weeks look great. Drop Seattle for ATL?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Leperflesh posted:

When I rank LBs by scoring in the last three weeks in my own league's IDP scoring (which is almost definitely not the same as yours), Jackson is #30, Kwiatoski is 43, Darron Lee is 56, Hitchens is 32, and the others aren't in the top 64.

Chandler Jones is the most recognizable name to me, but his recent performance has been poor. He's probably reliable for two or three points, but that's it. Kelvin Sheppard has been doing moderately better, but not by much.

Edwin Jackson has been doing well lately, but he's playing the Texans: when he played the Texans in week 6, he only got two tackles (no assists, no sacks). He has two sacks on the season and only gets good points against run-first offenses: the Chiefs, Texans, and Jets are his good games.

Anthony Hitchens has played every week. He's coming off his best fantasy game of the season against the Vikings, with 6 tackles (two as TFLs), 4 assists, and one pass defensed. He is working alongside superstar linebacker Sean Lee, who has maybe been teaching this rookie how to play. I like him as an option but I would expect him to have a middling game against the Giants this week.

Nick Kwiatoski plays for the Bears and had a monster game this past week mostly because of the niners in the snow. His floor is zero, with no points in weeks 5, 10, and 11. The bears face the Lions.

Jake Ryan is interesting. He's had a very good season and a huge game in week 9 against the Colts, with 11 tackles and a defensed pass, but he scored zero in weeks 10-12 while injured. He's facing the seahawks this week, who should run the ball a lot, which might generate tackles. I would give him a close look and strong consideration, provided he's healthy.

Darron Lee is a rookie, facing the 9ers this week. I don't trust a Jet. Hyde should run a lot, generating some tackles, but who knows. He seems productive but, Jets.

Blake Martinez has been week-to-week with a sprained ankle, but has been productive when healthy. He hasn't played since week 11. Avoid unless he's definitely startable.

So, my IDP suggestion is:
Hitchens for a safer pick
Jake Ryan for a good option especially if Martinez isn't playing
Kwiatoski if you feel like a big gamble.

This was great, thank you for the insight. I'll keep an eye on Jake Ryan and Martinez' health. I like Kwiatoski, so I'll prolly roll with him if Martinez' seems healthy.

IcePhoenix posted:

Another one of my set it and forget it defensive studs bites the dust. gently caress!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Spoeank posted:

I finished my fantasy playoffs matchups pieces so this might help make decisions. It's not the most scientific method (average rank of ROS opponents). I was going to do average fantasy points and weigh for each round but then I remembered I have a full-time job

Best QB Matchups

lol Siemian and Goff

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Intruder posted:

lol Siemian and Goff

tbf he says they have good matchups but not to play them

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Vargo posted:

I just realized that the SEA defense was already middling even before Earl Thomas got injured. Atlanta Defense is available, and matchup-wise the next few weeks look great. Drop Seattle for ATL?

You can't do much better than home vs LA and AZ for weeks 15 and 16, or @SD for week 17 if you go til then (:shepicide:). Match up almost doesn't matter for Atlanta, as they've been mediocre to bad even against weak opposition: in what I think is standard ESPN, I see 4 against AZ, 1 against PHI, etc. They've scored 4 or less for 6 of the last 7 weeks against soft to middle ranked opponents, in terms of DST scoring against. If I could only hold one RoS, I'd gamble on Seattle @GB this week in exchange for the next two weeks. Ideally, I'd dump a bench offensive player, grab Atlanta for this week, and keep Seattle for 15 and 16.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

tbf he says they have good matchups but not to play them

Yeah the Matt Ryan bonus came in because it was Goff/Siemian/Petty which was :stonk:worthy when the numbers were done.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I LOST A LOT OF RESPECT FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU PUT GOFF AND SIEMIAN IN YOUR ARTICLE

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

RVProfootballer posted:

Ideally, I'd dump a bench offensive player, grab Atlanta for this week, and keep Seattle for 15 and 16.

Yeah, this is what I wound up doing, glad I didn't drop Seattle, but if I don't win this week, that's a moot point.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

I finished my fantasy playoffs matchups pieces so this might help make decisions. It's not the most scientific method (average rank of ROS opponents). I was going to do average fantasy points and weigh for each round but then I remembered I have a full-time job.

Your full time job is giving the rest of us fantasy football advice and pithy remarks. You will not be compensated.

Does anyone in this thread have a degree in math or statistics?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Sataere posted:

Your full time job is giving the rest of us fantasy football advice and pithy remarks. You will not be compensated.

Does anyone in this thread have a degree in math or statistics?

Paging Forever_Peace.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

MrSargent posted:

Paging Forever_Peace.

You rang?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

PPR, 2RB 3WR 1FLEX

Waivers process tonight. Who's the drop for Ladarius Green? I'm leaning Asiata. For all my other RBs I could see their situation wildly improving with the right injury, but I don't think I'm ever starting Asiata even though he has good playoff matchups. Am I missing a better option? I guess I could also drop Witten.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah I'd dump Asiata

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Anyone else a little bit concerned about Julio this week? I don't really understand why everyone is downplaying a turf toe injury for a wide-receiver who has been hobbled by foot problems in the past. I know it's grade 1 or whatever the most minor variation is, but still. If he practices Thursday and Friday I basically have to start him, but I'm going to be leery about it no matter what.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Asiata or Meredith (averaging 2 catches a game over the past six weeks, and Alshon comes back week 15).

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

DTaeKim posted:

It was the funniest thing I've seen on SA in a long time.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I'd drop Asiata since there is a 0% chance you will play him during the playoffs. Between Julio's toe and having to start 3 WR, you might have to start Meredith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Thanks fellas. Agreed.

Is anyone buying this Justin Forsett splitting carries nonsense from Kubiak? I was planning on starting Booker in another league, should I be worried? I have a raft of other guys I could play instead (Sproles, Coleman, Dixon, Mathews, Sims).

• Locked thread