Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

dangerous.hotdog posted:

gently caress it, I'm going to blow a ticket too.

4* Penelo. gently caress you guys.

:smithicide::hf::eng99:

Welcome to the Penelowned club bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Dang I'm super torn here. According to the wiki it looks like lightning will be on the banner starting Friday and I missed out on her the fist time around. I've been socking away tickets here and there to take a couple more (assuredly pointlrss) pulls for orlandu when he comes around in a couple weeks. Do I whale for lightning come Friday or sit on all of them to help my negligible chance of landing orlandu? It's only 25 tickets and along with doing 1 or 2 11 pulls will put me around 50 pulls, which is definitely no where close to enough for either of them, but I'm still conflicted on who to take the shot at.

What would you guys do? I know it's prob a moot point since it's such a slim chance to land either but I figured my best bet is to go all in for one or the other rather than spread stuff around trying for both

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Penelo isn't awful. She's got the potential to be good someday and her TM is not useless though most of the best attacking units can already use swords.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Dang I'm super torn here. According to the wiki it looks like lightning will be on the banner starting Friday and I missed out on her the fist time around. I've been socking away tickets here and there to take a couple more (assuredly pointlrss) pulls for orlandu when he comes around in a couple weeks. Do I whale for lightning come Friday or sit on all of them to help my negligible chance of landing orlandu? It's only 25 tickets and along with doing 1 or 2 11 pulls will put me around 50 pulls, which is definitely no where close to enough for either of them, but I'm still conflicted on who to take the shot at.

What would you guys do? I know it's prob a moot point since it's such a slim chance to land either but I figured my best bet is to go all in for one or the other rather than spread stuff around trying for both

Orlandu. It's like not even a choice.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

PaybackJack posted:

Penelo isn't awful. She's got the potential to be good someday and her TM is not useless though most of the best attacking units can already use swords.

Her TM is for daggers :negative:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm still waiting and holding my lapis and tickets (~95 pulls atm) even on another Lighting banner. I know when pulling for Orlandu I'll finally get my first rainbow crystal and it'll pop and be Lightning then so no big rush.
j/k it'll be a 5* Galuf instead

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

WebDO posted:

:smithicide::hf::eng99:

Welcome to the Penelowned club bro

I want to get off Ms. Penelo's Wild Ride. :(

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MohShuvuu posted:

There is a TMR in the future that is a dagger with baked-in Dual Wield. It still has niche potential, especially for people with fish or cats - rather, CoDs and Lids.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Scrublord Prime posted:

I'm still waiting and holding my lapis and tickets (~95 pulls atm) even on another Lighting banner. I know when pulling for Orlandu I'll finally get my first rainbow crystal and it'll pop and be Lightning then so no big rush.
j/k it'll be a 5* Galuf instead

wow 95 pulls how many tickets / lapis

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

PaybackJack posted:

Right on thanks. Good that gives me another couple weeks to get my ticket count up past 30, or if I'm feeling really masochistic and grind out this poo poo awful event almost 40. God I'm going to be so pissed when I drop 75 to 100 pulls and don't even get a 5 star. Or yeah a galuf or Duane or some poo poo. Actually I'll probably get 2 rainbows only for both of them to end up being dk Cecil since I already have him.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
New trials on wiki.

Use attack abilities? You're boned.

Use black magic? Also boned.

Don't use either? Every 4 turns, one chara gets straight up boned.

Better hope you've got refia plus good autoattackers.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

MohShuvuu posted:

I should have worded that better, I suppose. My point was that she's not going to help make a unit competitive with the top tier attackers(as they can already use swords which are better than daggers) but CoD can take advantage of her ability to get some extra ATK and as KataraniSword mentioned the dual wield dagger that's coming out combos nicely with it.

Also Penelo just recently got her 5* in Japan, so who knows, maybe at 6* she'll get some decent stats and be able to make use of her blade dance move.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Shark Tower posted:

New trials on wiki.

Does this mean I should toss my Refia up as a friend unit then? She doesn't have dual cast yet or a maxed out esper but she does have full raise and 344 spr if it will help people. Seems more useful for this than my exdeath anyway

Edit holy poo poo that thing is insane. So in addition to wiping out the whole team if you do anything other than a regular attack, it can also reduce all your stats by 100 percent party wide for 999 turns, and it can blind and silence party wide and it can paralyze one by one. That fight is absurd, or at least looks that way to me. I guess if you have a really souped up lightning and give her dragon killer and bring another souped up lightning with the same you might be able to whittle it down?

It can pull so many crazy debuffs and status poo poo that your whole party aside from like 2 attackers will have to be support and healing just to make it through rounds 1 or 2. Maybe I'm missing something but that thing looks insanely difficult. I guess if you've got a bunch of tms that null paralyze blind and silence it will help, but that doesn't do much for the massive stat reductions it can drop on you

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 7, 2016

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Maybe if someone requests it? I guess 2 refias could ensure that you don't need as many phoenix downs, and people without refias will obviously appreciate. I'd probably just go for a luneth/lightning though, since I don't have either and their LB's will debuff the boss's defenses.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Does this mean I should toss my Refia up as a friend unit then? She doesn't have dual cast yet or a maxed out esper but she does have full raise and 344 spr if it will help people. Seems more useful for this than my exdeath anyway

Well it's a trial so I wouldn't worry about what friend unit you have up.

I would doubt anyone is going to switch off their Lightning this weekend anyway.

I'd leave ExDeath up, healers tend to be one of those things you have to have and so far we haven't needed 2 of them for anything.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My A team runs a dual cast Refia and a Cecil so that's like 3 healers. :smugdog:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cry Havoc posted:

wow 95 pulls how many tickets / lapis

22000 lapis (48 pulls) and 47 tickets. I've been semi-hoarding since the second FFT banner or so. Should be a fun day in this thread when it's time to burn them all chasing Orlandu or so.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Edit holy poo poo that thing is insane. So in addition to wiping out the whole team if you do anything other than a regular attack, it can also reduce all your stats by 100 percent party wide for 999 turns, and it can blind and silence party wide and it can paralyze one by one. That fight is absurd, or at least looks that way to me. I guess if you have a really souped up lightning and give her dragon killer and bring another souped up lightning with the same you might be able to whittle it down?

It can pull so many crazy debuffs and status poo poo that your whole party aside from like 2 attackers will have to be support and healing just to make it through rounds 1 or 2. Maybe I'm missing something but that thing looks insanely difficult. I guess if you've got a bunch of tms that null paralyze blind and silence it will help, but that doesn't do much for the massive stat reductions it can drop on you

Two of the moves (the -100 stat LOL/the other really bad one) are reactions to abilities or magic. Hopefully we can just tank and grind through his other bullshit, but those aren't recoverable from.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Does this mean twin lance was actually a timely reward?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Vax posted:

Added 30 friendslots so more goons can glory in Professor Powercreeps awesomeness

:getin: 427140992

10 slots Ladies. Lets fill this up.

Declined like 30 pubbies today. Everyone wants an ExBro.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
^^^^ Do it y'all. Vax has the best freaking mages.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Daily summon!:
Blue crystal
Please be Sazh please be Sazh please be Sazh
Lenna
:negative:

That's like 10 summons and I can't get a single boosted character, this event is even more miserable than it should be, which is really drat miserable.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Russel'd goddammit

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Calling it now: When Orlandu comes out he won't actually get a rate up on his banner, or it'll be a smaller rate up than units normally get.

Alternately: Gumi will pull a Brave Frontier and give a guaranteed banner character every 10-20 or so pulls, but Orlandu will still by a 1% drop rate for the bonus character.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Evil Fluffy posted:

Calling it now: When Orlandu comes out he won't actually get a rate up on his banner, or it'll be a smaller rate up than units normally get.

Alternately: Gumi will pull a Brave Frontier and give a guaranteed banner character every 10-20 or so pulls, but Orlandu will still by a 1% drop rate for the bonus character.

Orlandu will only drop, at sub 1% chances of course, for 11 pulls. That's my prediction if we're going full out bullshit mobile game here.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Note: buffs/debuffs to stats are additive. So -100% to ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR means you need to rely on Focus/Cheer/Embolden to deal any damage past that point if you're trying to rush it down.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TriggerHappy posted:

4* Gaffgarion from the daily, which is fine, I guess?

i got my third agrias from daily. there's definitely worse 4* to get, but i was hoping for snow for the tm and maybe getting some event poo poo.

thread, do i need three agrias? do i need two? how many save the queens do i even need

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You want as many Agrias' as you want mini-Orlandus in 6-8 months.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

well i guess i better keep them all!

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
1.8% away from an excalibur and the only person who can really use it is Butz.

I should probably max him out.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
3 Agriases are going to chain like a motherfucker.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Trilin posted:

Daily summon!:
Blue crystal
Lenna

That's like 10 summons and I can't get a single boosted character, this event is even more miserable than it should be, which is really drat miserable.

If I drew a Lenna it would mean that I had the FFV Krew (besides Exdeath but he's not on the Krew anyway.)

rabidsquid posted:

i got my third agrias from daily. there's definitely worse 4* to get, but i was hoping for snow for the tm and maybe getting some event poo poo.

thread, do i need three agrias? do i need two? how many save the queens do i even need

Since she eventually becomes Almost-Orlandau, I'd say you keep them all.

EDIT: I swear to God I wasn't beaten when I started trying.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone ever had their guest characters not attack the chosen target when you're trying to build up your limit breaks and totally gently caress up the mission?

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Has anyone ever had their guest characters not attack the chosen target when you're trying to build up your limit breaks and totally gently caress up the mission?

I think if you don't click on everyone fast enough the target's hp will be reduced to 0 and they'll no longer be a valid target for new actions.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

No, but I've had a beefy friend unit counter and kill enemies I was trying to fish for esper/limit break cyrstals before. I don't think I've ever seen any character not target the selected unit unless it was in/about to start its death animation.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Yeah, I've had that happen to me too, where some characters just stand there when auto is pressed. Only happens every once in a while, not sure what causes it, but it's definitely a bug.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

Trilin posted:

Daily summon!:
Blue crystal
Lenna

Meanwhile, I've gotten Sazh for my daily pull four times in a row. There are any number of bad puns I could probably make here.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

<------ 4 Sazh poster too

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I've pulled 3, at least his item seems like it's not worth TM farming multiples for.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Armitage posted:

I've pulled 3, at least his item seems like it's not worth TM farming multiples for.

Not worth farming one copy for unless you have unlimited money to whale for premium arena builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shark Tower posted:

New trials on wiki.

ATTENTION GOONS: I have prepared. Yell at me on Discord if you have not got me on your list, this is probably one of the best ways we can get through this poo poo trial.

• Locked thread