Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

♫Gotta catch 'em all♬

Yeah, if you play mobamas in safari it doesn't bog down, but there's more watching safari's progress bar.

Incidentally, what the hell are all those little globes for? I don't even know where they're going or why they're different colors. Like, I get the daily ranking bit, and I get "grind through to level 3ish to get card x," but why are they showering me in colored snowglobes?

Also I can't believe when I checked, Akane's 20 questions didn't work. One of the short girls' did, though. I don't really get it, though. They're just sorter, voiced versions of the regular commus you unlock when you level them up. I suppose they're just uh, more girlfriendy? Eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Incidentally, what the hell are all those little globes for? I don't even know where they're going or why they're different colors. Like, I get the daily ranking bit, and I get "grind through to level 3ish to get card x," but why are they showering me in colored snowglobes?

Also I can't believe when I checked, Akane's 20 questions didn't work. One of the short girls' did, though. I don't really get it, though. They're just sorter, voiced versions of the regular commus you unlock when you level them up. I suppose they're just uh, more girlfriendy? Eh.

The globes are for the event gacha - on the main event page there's an icon saying B:208 R:350 Y:100 or whatever your numbers are, go into that and receive free stuff. Of course the odds are heavily weighted towards junk like money/friend points, but there's the good stuff too.

Seems like the questions aren't done for all the centre girls just yet. But yeah. I guess it's meant to feel more interactive or something since you're asking a question rather than just being talked at, but, hmm.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
http://i.imgur.com/OvYZ8eO.gifv

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i got my max level miku+ and i got a random anastasia drop and I gather she has a healing skill because my health is never in danger anymore. I could actually do the Keep Health Above 70% three-song mission now if I could even come close to 1,100,000 over three songs. if I full clear usamin power i get like 260,000 and thats the only pro-level song i can FC right now. but i am pretty happy with my team rn since i got miku and kaede and anya

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

nao what the gently caress

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

[Evermore] Mika has a pretty nice coat.

Polsy posted:

The globes are for the event gacha - on the main event page there's an icon saying B:208 R:350 Y:100 or whatever your numbers are, go into that and receive free stuff. Of course the odds are heavily weighted towards junk like money/friend points, but there's the good stuff too.

Seems like the questions aren't done for all the centre girls just yet. But yeah. I guess it's meant to feel more interactive or something since you're asking a question rather than just being talked at, but, hmm.

There are entirely too many gachas in mobamas. And I think I need one more level for Mayu — it says kizuna lv 4 up, but i'm at lv 4 and didn't get a card like I did from Mirei and Kozue. Am I missing something? At least now Mayu's giving me sushi instead of fruit jars. Somehow that seems less suspicious.

:v: I guess you should read the questions aloud for maximum effect? Well, at least the error message is kinda funny.

Super No Vacancy posted:

i got my max level miku+ and i got a random anastasia drop and I gather she has a healing skill because my health is never in danger anymore. I could actually do the Keep Health Above 70% three-song mission now if I could even come close to 1,100,000 over three songs. if I full clear usamin power i get like 260,000 and thats the only pro-level song i can FC right now. but i am pretty happy with my team rn since i got miku and kaede and anya

In the row below skill lv (特技lv) is the skill description. If it's something like:

17秒毎、 確率でかなりの間、PERFECTでライフ回復

That's a healer. The underlined bits'll vary. The first bit is the frequency of the check (every 17 seconds), the 中 is the chance of activating (can also be 小 or高, I think), the next bit is for how long the skill will be active (and is a range, depending on the skill level), and the 3 will be a 2 if the card is a rare rather than a SR/SSR — that's how much HP is healed for every perfect.

Healers own. Healers make Overload idols work nicely.

Do not use overload idols in events that have an HP requirement. You will have ever-so-slightly too little HP left when they activate at the end and you will fail and be very, very mad.

Very mad.

graybook posted:

nao what the gently caress

One day, we will live in a world where nobody [sensible] remembers Shrek. It'll be like Flubber.

Incredible.

Incredibly unsafe-looking.

I can't believe the Christmas Ichigo has the axe~
And the cake~

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
That flame looks like a plastic casing with a light in it. Suzuho is a professional amateur.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

graybook posted:

That flame looks like a plastic casing with a light in it. Suzuho is a professional amateur.

Oh yeah, that's definitely like one of those candelabra bulbs or an electric candle. Still kinda dangerous.

Good boys and girls do not play with wiring.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

There are entirely too many gachas in mobamas. And I think I need one more level for Mayu — it says kizuna lv 4 up, but i'm at lv 4 and didn't get a card like I did from Mirei and Kozue. Am I missing something? At least now Mayu's giving me sushi instead of fruit jars. Somehow that seems less suspicious.

The four idols (not Shimamu) in the 'the 5th anniversary' zone will I hope give you cards at the end of the event. You see the second 'special lesson' tab? That's where you can feed any of those idols that you've got to full hearts all of your special lesson points, to increase their attack/defense/special skill level, and after a certain number of points they become smiling SRs, then SR+, then smiling SR+*

Shimamu is ranking based and therefore only open to people with a lot of money and/or free time.

* they look the same, but they're doing a ^_^ face, very sought after

Perfectly Rare?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

The four idols (not Shimamu) in the 'the 5th anniversary' zone will I hope give you cards at the end of the event. You see the second 'special lesson' tab? That's where you can feed any of those idols that you've got to full hearts all of your special lesson points, to increase their attack/defense/special skill level, and after a certain number of points they become smiling SRs, then SR+, then smiling SR+*

Shimamu is ranking based and therefore only open to people with a lot of money and/or free time.

* they look the same, but they're doing a ^_^ face, very sought after

Perfectly Rare?

:v: I have only actually unlocked the Mayu, because priorities. I hope I got the slightly smilier Mayu to go with the extra attack I dumped in there~

Oh, one kinda cute thing in Mobamas is that the regular Miku R's skill seems to boost Cool type members, which obviously means she's meant to go with Riina~
Unfortunately, that's a pretty unhelpful skill…

Also it's Premium Rare

See, in OG Aikatsu they made a huge to-do about Premium dresses every season, because of course dresses come on cards, just like at the arcade! So naturally, even here where the cards are people (in those same dresses — there's actually a second tab to the card info screen telling you the name of the tops/bottoms/shoes/accessories) they use the same system. But yeah, that's the aikatsu SSR/UR/Platinum/&c.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so I did the plan to have a backup max level miku to boost my support crew. but how does the infusing work with max level Rares, i see i can plug in other rares and it boosts some percentage but what's that for?

also what is the potential menu thing on the idol management screen where it has like four + - columns for card rarity or something, I don't think that is on any of the translation guide sites

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/Crypton_Levine/status/806432201231376384

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

This owns.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Rares and higher will also boost the idol's skill level. The percentage is the chance you'll level up the skill (it's best to get it to 100% every time imo if you're leveling skills)

The potential thing allows you to boost the stats of the idol based on their fan totals. You expend earrings, dresses, etc to do this. Also the boost is different for the rarity of the card. Normals get the the largest boost and SSRs get the smallest boost.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

:v: I have only actually unlocked the Mayu, because priorities. I hope I got the slightly smilier Mayu to go with the extra attack I dumped in there~

Oh, one kinda cute thing in Mobamas is that the regular Miku R's skill seems to boost Cool type members, which obviously means she's meant to go with Riina~
Unfortunately, that's a pretty unhelpful skill…

It updates the idol to whatever you're up to on the lesson screen, so you can double-check.

Miku's skill is actually cool attack down, seems like it should mention that it's for opponents but it doesn't.

Zenostein posted:

Also it's Premium Rare

See, in OG Aikatsu they made a huge to-do about Premium dresses every season, because of course dresses come on cards, just like at the arcade!

Aha, that makes more sense.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why does it say "You'd better start spending. " on the starlight database event page thing? are there just those time-limited energy boosts or is there something else i should be spending

is there any limit to boosting stats based on fan totals or is it just however many items you can feed. does that mean you can make normal idols with enough fans as good as rares except for like their skill

is Dominatrix Christmas a common concept or is this unique to zaizen tokiko

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

why does it say "You'd better start spending. " on the starlight database event page thing? are there just those time-limited energy boosts or is there something else i should be spending

Probably referring to the new 'buying stuff with in-game money' feature in the shop. Though it's mostly stuff you won't have any shortage of anyway.

Super No Vacancy posted:

is there any limit to boosting stats based on fan totals or is it just however many items you can feed. does that mean you can make normal idols with enough fans as good as rares except for like their skill

Well, the fan total is the limiter - I have 936,329 fans on Shimamu and that lets me apply 14 upgrades. The numbers aren't spectacular anyway, with 4 upgrades to each vocal/dance/visual stat it's only +340 on each to Normal cards.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
We need more pulls for the trigger warning.

Definitely my best scout ever.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there a quick way to see fans. it doesn't have my SRs on the potential thing and you can't sort by fans on the trainer menu. or anyway the reason I wanted to look is to see if fans are shared between my SR mikus or if I should be careful to only use of one of them in units and not the other

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

is there a quick way to see fans. it doesn't have my SRs on the potential thing and you can't sort by fans on the trainer menu. or anyway the reason I wanted to look is to see if fans are shared between my SR mikus or if I should be careful to only use of one of them in units and not the other

Yes, fans are for the idol rather than the card. All your Mikus have the same fans. The potential page shows the Normal graphic because, well, they had to pick something.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Trihugger posted:

Ffffffuuuuu saving up my gems for that

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Polsy posted:

Yes, fans are for the idol rather than the card. All your Mikus have the same fans. The potential page shows the Normal graphic because, well, they had to pick something.

makes sense thankssssssssssss

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Trihugger posted:

Yohane...

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
If you make an entire team of the same idol you are effectively gaining 5x the amount of fans fyi.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

idol cloning is immoral

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

this

I might consider skipping Devil Nico, or at least doing only a few for Devil Nico and all the rest for Yohane since I need to beef up my Aqours teams.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

idol cloning is immoral

No it's good.

Also I'm pretty sure the "start spending" is about tokens and stamina drinks.

Polsy posted:

Probably referring to the new 'buying stuff with in-game money' feature in the shop. Though it's mostly stuff you won't have any shortage of anyway.

Well, the fan total is the limiter - I have 936,329 fans on Shimamu and that lets me apply 14 upgrades. The numbers aren't spectacular anyway, with 4 upgrades to each vocal/dance/visual stat it's only +340 on each to Normal cards.

:colbert: It made Sae my No. 1 SR, it is vitally important. Actually now first and second best, which is fine by me.

Trihugger posted:

W@W! You even got all the rarities lol

Also you can buy Silver Trainers for 50k each. Y'know, if you went a skill-up rampage and only have like 30 left. So it's not totally useless.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats a token and how do I spend one

I just spent all my remaining diorama money on a blue christmas tree so i hope it's not that

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

how do i pull more idols

e: that are super rare and cute

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 8, 2016

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

They're for a different kind of event. Like the "collect random crap" events in SIF, only in SS you just get tokens for performance, you can't just miss the note and not get the token.

This one there's nothing to spend but time and tears when you inevitably gently caress up.

And I guess stamina, but that's minor, comparatively.

I'm glad for your tree, though. I guess I should christmas up one of my rooms soon, too.

Sea Sponge Run posted:

how do i pull more idols

Gently.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

graybook posted:

I might consider skipping Devil Nico

Who are you and what have you done with graybook?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

I might consider skipping Devil Nico

X

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Who are you and what have you done with graybook?

i am a coldly efficient idol lover, but on a budget when two highly-desired URs are releasing relatively close to one another

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

idol cloning is immoral
Tell that to my genetically superior Kyoko army.

(Please ignore the one defect, I'm still working out the kinks)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how do you get the RZA

related whats the difference between middle buy and right-most buy

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

how do you get the RZA

related whats the difference between middle buy and right-most buy

What even is that that you are trying to buy? Also how did it read 入 as ス google's usually better at that. Especially for y'know, screenshots…

Also I'm pretty sure I've never seen that option before but I love it. It says "continue buying," (apparently), and it lets you put down another of the thing.

:siren::siren::siren:No more going into that menu 10 times to buy all the ghosts~!!!!!!!!!!!:siren::siren::siren:

I mean, I guess you could use it for chairs or something too.

Zettace posted:

Tell that to my genetically superior Kyoko army.

(Please ignore the one defect, I'm still working out the kinks)

Wanna fav this team A+ Best housekeeping and someone to leave donut crumbs everywhere idol team

Clones are good

bonus

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Kana is adorable.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I hope one day kana gets her wingsvoice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU