Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Arc the Lad and Wild ARMs are coming back! For mobile

Also, someone at Sony really liked Eye of Judgement because they're working on yet another expensive peripheral for card games, this time for tablets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

blow: i estimate only one percent of servers will successfully solve my order

waitress: jonathan please stop coming to this applebee's

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Just to make it clear for those not in the know, the Applebee's waitress is actually a metaphor for the atom bomb.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Wild ARMs! For mobile

Hell yeah!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

blow: i estimate only one percent of servers will successfully solve my order

waitress: jonathan please stop coming to this applebee's

...and now I'm picturing Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I forget if this was posted in this thread, but much-anticipated game by the Skullgirls devs, Indivisible, is getting 3 minutes worth of animated cutscenes/intro done by Studio Trigger. They're the animation studio who did Kill la Kill, Little Witch Academia, a bunch of various shorts and such, and is made up of mostly animators from Gainax who did stuff like Gurren Lagann and FLCL. Yoh Yoshinari, one of the best animators in the industry(and noted Westaboo) is heading the project for the Indivisible animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH9gEU8Do8Q&hd=1

You can still back Indivisible if you'd like(links in the video description), as they're still working towards stretch goals such as full voice acting and stuff. There's a fully playable alpha demo to test it out, too.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Totally unrelated to the current discussion, I just learned about Bonesaw being banned from running at AGDQ/SGDQ next year and man, that kind of sucks. He was super entertaining. He probably shouldn't have encouraged the viewers to spam Air Canada on Twitter, though.

He himself is fine with it, the whole ban is more or less a courtesy thing where the GDQ staff know it was an entertaining trainwreck but they don't want to encourage that kind of behavior even if it was hilarious

corn in the bible posted:

i was having fun with hyrule warriors but its kind of repetitive

Yeah but I enjoy going around in co-op and picking up skulltulas and costumes, that part is cool

corn in the bible posted:

And why does link now have a weird Korean mmo anime character as a fairy

Because she is his proxy so that Link can have a "voice"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

the format of agdq is very awkward to me

When they started doing interviews in between games to make setup even longer than ever I checked out from watchin it live and now just do VODs after the fact

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

When they started doing interviews in between games to make setup even longer than ever I checked out from watchin it live and now just do VODs after the fact

The interviews are a way to keep people entertained live because the setup takes a long time, especially for certain games

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I couldn't finish The Witness, some of the puzzle gimmicks were way too obtuse for me.

I didn't play The Witness, but I bought it for my girlfriend and watched her play it because I'm awful at puzzles and she loves them.

We both laughed our asses off at the "sit here and watch this video for a loving hour to trace this optional line." I respect the hell out of that. It's hilarious. That, and the one optional environment line where you have to (I'll go ahead and spoiler tag this one) send your boat around the island and sit there and wait for it so that the boat can "carry" your cursor across the gap was beautiful. It's a crazy game that I love but could never play myself.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RylQGkoZpSE

I guess the run got too rowdy. I think it was at like 2 AM. He and the couch kept making jokes about actors after being told not to, a couple times during the run he muttered swears. It was a fun run, and the audience messing with him by clapping was great. The stuff I quoted above was a pastebin he linked on his Twitter (because it was too long). Oh, he also told people to tweet at Air Canada, probably without realizing just how many people watching were stupid enough to spam them.

e: Actually it was at 11PM.

Wait, what's wrong with joking about actors?

I haven't paid much attention to GDQ lately. Are they trying to be "just about games" and very serious about it or something?

Harrow fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Dec 7, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

More Ground Zeroes thoughts: it's a real letdown that there's no non-retro Solid Snake skin in Deja Vu, and it sucks that Jamais Vu is so back-loaded with combat, since identifying Snatchers and sparing humans is really fun, as is sneaking around with a character who has superhuman speed.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
IGround Zeroes cost too much at the time of release for what you got, but I still find the missions fun to play through now and again. Getting S ranks was a fun challenge, and after that you start playing around with the system and putting every prisoner and combatant into the chopper. I think once you get it down, you can fly through the Jamais Vu mission in like three minutes or less. Raiden is a speedy man.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

LawfulWaffle posted:

IGround Zeroes cost too much at the time of release for what you got, but I still find the missions fun to play through now and again. Getting S ranks was a fun challenge, and after that you start playing around with the system and putting every prisoner and combatant into the chopper. I think once you get it down, you can fly through the Jamais Vu mission in like three minutes or less. Raiden is a speedy man.

I would have been mad if I had paid more than $10 for Ground Zeroes, I think. But I got it for free on PSN, which was awesome.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i fuckin love the art of new ducktales (and donald's old school outfit)

hope wayforward gets to make a game for it

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

the format of agdq is very awkward to me

I used to think that live speedrunning was way better than tool-assisted because of the crazy amount of skill it took, but but now that speedrunners are all trying to put themselves in the spotlight and become personalities and entertainers I love TAS way more because a clever and concise video showing something crazy and explaining how they did it is so much better than hours of a bunch of dudes on a couch trying to make jokes.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Got around to playing Sunless Sea. I like it muchly.

I'm still on my first dude, it's been around 10 hours, and I'm pretty well-equipped. I expected death to be more frequent: I've heard the game described on podcasts as a being very punishing, so either I'm good/lucky or they're wrong.

Or maybe I have self-control.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Guy Mann posted:

I used to think that live speedrunning was way better than tool-assisted because of the crazy amount of skill it took, but but now that speedrunners are all trying to put themselves in the spotlight and become personalities and entertainers I love TAS way more because a clever and concise video showing something crazy and explaining how they did it is so much better than hours of a bunch of dudes on a couch trying to make jokes.

On the other hand, team poor life choices are infinitely more entertaining than you will ever be.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I only played the early access version of Sunless Sea and didn't get very far, but I think it's been toned down a good bit since then.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/806396348396408832

Namely, Sony are bringing PaRappa the Rapper, Everybody's Golf and other games to the mobile.

I hope they bring PaRappa the Rapper 2, the good PaRappa game, to mobile.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Apparently the slide whistle toy in WoW goes off of its own accord. My deaths last night were punctuated by sad downward notes. :3:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Lizard Wizard posted:

Apparently the slide whistle toy in WoW goes off of its own accord. My deaths last night were punctuated by sad downward notes. :3:

I think the thing I miss the most from WoW is dropping a train set and driving the raid leader ballistic :allears:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I hope they bring PaRappa the Rapper 2, the good PaRappa game, to mobile.

The decline in sales for PaRappa 2 in regards to PaRappa 1 caused Sony to never again have noodles as a major story factor in their games. From that point on noodles were contraband.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Early on, my raid leader identified people by what they were wearing. The easiest way to gently caress with him was to have half the raid bring their Furbolg Rods along and transform into identical low-poly furbolgs

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

you don't have to be twisted to play wow... but it h-

Captain Invictus posted:

Early on, my raid leader identified people by what they were wearing. The easiest way to gently caress with him was to have half the raid bring their Furbolg Rods along and transform into identical low-poly furbolgs

ah nevermind

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

:drugnerd:

(from the MUSHA manual)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

prestigious Air and Space University

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
When I was a kid I stole the manual from a Blockbuster copy of Blasto for PS1. I felt a little guilty about it but I probably read that thing 50 times. It was my first real crime.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I remember when Blockbuster didn't include manuals and just had some guy type up the controls and plot or whatever for an insert in the back of the box. That seemed like a cool job when I was a kid.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Captain Invictus posted:

On the other hand, team poor life choices are infinitely more entertaining than you will ever be.

PJ and Mecha's run of Battleblock Theater in 2015 is still the funniest + my favorite run ever from GDQ.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

PantsBandit posted:

When I was a kid I stole the manual from a Blockbuster copy of Blasto for PS1. I felt a little guilty about it but I probably read that thing 50 times. It was my first real crime.

Same but instead for Frantic Flea rented from the corner store.

Edit: it wasn't a good manual or anything i just forgot to put it back in the rental case

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Ubisoft is giving away Assassin's Creed III for free today - January 4, 2017.

https://club.ubisoft.com/en-US/ubi30

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sure, lemme get that terrible as gently caress game for free, when I could just wait until someone pays me for it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

glam rock hamhock posted:

With Phil Fish, I think he's a very talented and clever game designer and I don't really care that he's a dick, though it's annoying that his dickishness and and people's other hatred of him because of it seems to have effected his desire to make games (though he did that VR thing recently).

phil fish keeps throwing tantrums and is a huge poo poo irl

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Leroy Dennui posted:

:drugnerd:

(from the MUSHA manual)

but who was the salutatorian of AIR AND SPACE UNIVERSITY

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't care what he does on Twitter or wherever but he was an idiot to price his VR game 2-3x what it's worth.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

haveblue posted:

I don't care what he does on Twitter or wherever but he was an idiot to price his VR game 2-3x what it's worth.

also he canceled fez 2 because people laughed at him

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
fish's desire to continue making games was also hampered by the fact that he and his wife were targeted by gg harassment, a thing that people on this very forum claimed couldn't possibly be happening (it was)

he's aloof and annoying but I like her and it was pretty lovely

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I think it's mean to tell people they should die which phil fish does a lot

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lets hang out posted:

He thinks that when you die you reappear at the last safe spot you were in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

lets hang out posted:

it's, and I can only think of one way to correct this behavior *makes threatening phone calls to his family*

• Locked thread