Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Trump claims climate change not real, uses "rising sea levels as a result of global warming" to try and justify a sea wall next to one of his golf courses over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Don't worry, Indiana isn't far behind with a proposed total abortion ban. Abortion is already illegal if the fetus has genetic problems.

Love my house, neighbors are ok, schools are good, but gently caress the theocracy.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Rhyno posted:

I kind of want a bugeyes WRX wagon.

You should actually buy a SAAB 9-5.

It isn't a fast car but you can go faster in it than most cars because of an innovative SAAB feature which makes it completely invisible to the police.

epic bird guy fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 7, 2016

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

SCA Enthusiast posted:

You should actually buy a SAAB 9-5.

It isn't a fast car but you can go faster in it than most cars because of an innovative SAAB feature which makes it completely invisible to the police.

Not true. My boss's sons wife had the Saab with the turbo v6. She got pulled over all the time. Sure a good chunk was speeding. But she had stories of getting stopped and when she rolled down the window they saw her and let her go with little questioning. A turbo Volvo wagon is a much better option.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

clam ache posted:

A turbo Volvo wagon is a much better option.

Protip: buy one that runs.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Seminal Flu posted:

Edit: Aaaaaand Trump is now Time's Man of the Year. This country is so many shades of hosed.
Time MOTY is pretty tame. Obama got a Nobel prize for getting elected.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

rdb posted:

gently caress the theocracy.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

And my Scirocco ain't running so hot. I think the -22C weather is taking its toll

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

And my Scirocco ain't running so hot. I think the -22C weather is taking its toll

Did you change to a lighter oil for winter?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I kind of want a bugeyes WRX wagon.

dont do it

did you sell the civic?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My sister's boyfriend is driving the Civic while he saves for a new car.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Guys, today is the 12th anniversary of something special. A viral video from before "make this go viral" was a demand that conspiracy theorists and shysters had for their flocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmtzQCSh6xk

*queues up LEROY JENKINS and Star Wars Kid*

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

kastein posted:

Guys, today is the 12th anniversary of something special. A viral video from before "make this go viral" was a demand that conspiracy theorists and shysters had for their flocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmtzQCSh6xk

*queues up LEROY JENKINS and Star Wars Kid*

I miss the days when things would go viral silently instead of "going viral" like we have today, drat kids need to get off muh lawn! Valentines Day 2017 will be the 10th anniversary of this little gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

CommieGIR posted:

Did you change to a lighter oil for winter?

Yup. The issue was it wasn't holding idle and having trouble with detonation below 2k rpm. It's just too drat cold.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

keykey posted:

I miss the days when things would go viral silently instead of "going viral" like we have today, drat kids need to get off muh lawn! Valentines Day 2017 will be the 10th anniversary of this little gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

And yet somehow that's the first time I've seen the original. For some reason I had always assumed South Park had made it up when they had it in an episode.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Echotic posted:

https://youtu.be/tZWlZFfAnIM

Definitely my favorite Christmas Song, too good not to share.

That's fantastic. Santastic.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 7, 2016

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
It's my day off and I get woken up by my general manager, who tells me that it's freakishly busy and they need me to come in immediately to help out. So I throw on clothes, make myself presentable, and run to work, but as soon as I walk in the door, I see that there are only 15 people in the building and another server already got called in.
The bar manager just shakes his head and tells both of us to go home. I need a job with a real contract, because I didn't even get a penny for today. As much as I hate to go to class, I can't keep up restaurant poo poo forever. It's fun and it's great money, but it's so drat inconsistent that I cannot properly budget or plan for anything more than 2 weeks away

I suppose I've taken enough mental health time and need to just finish my nursing degree. Instead of working on the Fiat to try to get the wheels turning and doors locking, I'm going to register for classes today.
I have a Psych appointment tomorrow and every month this winter instead of the regular 4 appointments a year, so there's no better time, I guess... :sigh:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I designed and built a thing for finals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQGmuO7qs48

It'll get wifi/bluetooth controls soonish, cause lol @ IR

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

kastein posted:

Guys, today is the 12th anniversary of something special.

uhhhhh its also the 75th anniversary of something

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

I designed and built a thing for finals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQGmuO7qs48

It'll get wifi/bluetooth controls soonish, cause lol @ IR

Woot. Use an ESP32: WiFi and Bluetooth LE in one package.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

Woot. Use an ESP32: WiFi and Bluetooth LE in one package.

Can you even source an ESP32 yet? I thought they were still largely unavailable.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Can you even source an ESP32 yet? I thought they were still largely unavailable.

From China yes, but yeah there is a waiting list.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Seminal Flu posted:

Edit: Aaaaaand Trump is now Time's Man of the Year. This country is so many shades of hosed.

Well given Time's Person of the Year is NOT an honour, but it's more about who has had the most impact through the year for better or worse..... who else was it going to be?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

clam ache posted:

Not true. My boss's sons wife had the Saab with the turbo v6. She got pulled over all the time. Sure a good chunk was speeding. But she had stories of getting stopped and when she rolled down the window they saw her and let her go with little questioning. A turbo Volvo wagon is a much better option.

Wait wait wait - what engine is this? I have only known of a Saabaru with the normal WRX engine. Turbo V6?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Adiabatic posted:

uhhhhh its also the 75th anniversary of something

Yes, but I assumed everyone on the planet had already seen that like 95 times on facebook.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Wait wait wait - what engine is this? I have only known of a Saabaru with the normal WRX engine. Turbo V6?

9-5 is an actual Saab. 9-2x is the Saabaru.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Echotic posted:

https://youtu.be/tZWlZFfAnIM

Definitely my favorite Christmas Song, too good not to share.

There's another one, in the style of Rammstein:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMfjzzuSg9o

Hilarious and disturbing.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

kastein posted:

Yes, but I assumed everyone on the planet had already seen that like 95 times on facebook.

weirdly enough i havent seen anything about it at all

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Well, looks like :member: is a thing now

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A girl I dated for like two weeks 15 years ago was in the store today and she'd gotten so goddamned fat I didn't even recognize her. When I say she was easily twice the weight she used to be I am not even slightly kidding.

And she got super pissed when I didn't recognize her.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I take it she didn't buy anything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

I take it she didn't buy anything.

Clearly she'd spent all her money at the buffet earlier.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You got something against fat people jerk?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
It's a survival tactic to prevent a gravitational singularity.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

LoL

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Given his friend group he has to find someone to look down on.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/HIISU7B.gifv

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Good dogge. :kimchi:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Finally used the fireplace for the first time since moving here, figuring it would help with the cold temps overnight (it really didn't... thermostat said the temp rose 1 degree over the 3 hours it was burning).

The cat was growling at it for over an hour, and would jump several feet in the air if you touched him. I've never heard him growl before, and the only time I've ever heard him hiss is when he gets underfoot and one of us gets tripped up. He's as anti-aggressive as a cat can get, and is more prone to run and hide if something bothers him.

Pardon the mess... normally the fireplace is blocked by a bunch of poo poo.

I don't know how I managed it, but apparently I wound up watching Wentworth instead of Westworld. I guess I typed in Westworld and picked the first suggested alternative, since Westworld isn't on Netflix.

.... thought it was actually a pretty good show, halfway through season 2. Guess I'll binge it some more today.

Also, whoever thought putting a (loving HOUSE SIZED, 9,000 WATT ELECTRIC) water heater outside in an uninsulated closet can suck my :flaccid:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Dec 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
A fire place like that is for show only. All the heat goes straight up the chimney, and all the supply air gets pulled in from the house. Unless the fire gets roaring hot enough to heat all the bricks and then dies back and provides latent heat, it's really a waste. A good quality insert will actually make it worth while but good luck with that in an apartment.

• Locked thread