Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Go inside and drink to this milestone. You're working far harder than I could and you deserve the celebration.

I wanna see that truck rooster-tailing and spraying dirt and snow all over the yard.

Hell, by the sounds of things you were rooster-tailing on your own after all of those pickled eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

19 o'clock posted:

Hell, by the sounds of things you were rooster-tailing on your own after all of those pickled eggs.

I felt personally assaulted and violated by that dump and am awaiting to hear back from HR over the formal complaint I filed

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
*clicks like on your gumption*

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Til 'morrow! Good work Dave, get some sleep.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I look loving sunburnt lol

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Get some sleep man, it's gonna be tomorrow in a little less than an hour and a half!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Eh that's not gonna be an issue tonight. Last three nights or so I've averaged about 4 hours a night sleep because of how sick I felt I'd just toss and turn but now I can barely jeep my eyes open

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I can barely jeep my eyes open
Try using matchsticks.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

Try using matches, and gasoline.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
That was the joke, yes.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Technically, pure ethanol doesn't freeze until -173, so we just need to liquor you up a bit more so you can withstand the temperature.

Seriously dude, we don't want a 14" ice pop, it's a good idea to some sleep and do it in the morning when the temperature is a bit north of arctic.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

As Nero Danced posted:

Seriously dude, we don't want a 14" ice pop, it's a good idea to some sleep and do it in the morning when the temperature is a bit north of arctic.

Back off. I think we should let the liquor do the thinking.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just a gentle reminder that warm drinks exist. You don't have to drink semifrozen soda in 9 degree weather.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I look loving sunburnt lol

Windburn hurts just the same, and there's probably a little sunburn on there. Snow reflects light like a sonofabitch, and you don't realize how much UV you're taking on a cloudy day.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Don't be down that it didn't start first time! you've gone from nothing to getting it cranking in one day which is awesome progress.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Note the soda.

Good to see you wearing more socks as advised.

Leperflesh posted:

Just a gentle reminder that warm drinks exist. You don't have to drink semifrozen soda in 9 degree weather.

Yeah, drink more warm drinks. Not only do they warm your insides up but you can warm your fingers on the mug whilst drinking it.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Immortan Larry: Return my treasures to me, and I myself will carry you through the gates of Valhalla. You shall ride eternal. Shiny, and chrome!

14" NUX: Oh, what a day. What a lovely day!

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 7, 2016

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Hey, it's going to get all the way up to 16° in Valentine today! :woop:

Perfect weather for working outdoors with small parts in tight spaces.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I live dead east of Valentine, but across the boarder in Iowa. Just taking the dogs outside this morning had my hands burning. Keep fighting the good fight 14, but stay warm goddammit.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Don't freeze to death. What would the warboys think if the ol' Immortan Inch froze?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

My Man Shran posted:

Don't freeze to death. What would the warboys think if the ol' Immortan Inch froze?

He'd be a mighty fine Immortan dildo in that case.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Can confirm today is the coldest day to date...... supposed to be colder tomorrow...

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Remember to keep each other warm. (post pictures)

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
If the plan is to build an impromptu garage out of painting tarps and spare lumber and then heat it with one of those kerosene-powered deals that looks like a jet turbine, I'll throw down to help cover the heater's rental fee.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
I feel like, at that point, it would be easier to simply set him on fire for the duration of the work remaining.

stone soup fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 7, 2016

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Nebraska don't believe in sheds

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

angryrobots posted:

Nebraska don't believe in sheds

Nobody in Valentine has one they need burned down.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

My Man Shran posted:

We could have him frozen alongside the jeep so that they may be thawed out in 30 years in order to do battle in the new San Valentine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Eat This Glob posted:

I live dead east of Valentine, but across the boarder in Iowa. Just taking the dogs outside this morning had my hands burning. Keep fighting the good fight 14, but stay warm goddammit.

Why are you not there helping?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

Looks like the Iowa border is about 220 miles from Valentine as the crow flies. Not exactly right next door.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Locator posted:

Looks like the Iowa border is about 220 miles from Valentine as the crow flies. Not exactly right next door.

EXCUSES.

ALWAYS WITH THE EXCUSES.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
I looked it up and it'd be a 6 hour drive for me if poo poo got gnarly and you needed a former TBI 350 owner on-hand to scratch my head and drink beer.

I am presently massively under-employed so this remains a possibility.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
VALENTINE GOON MEET

edit: had this happened in late summer I'd have burned all my vacation and made the drive out

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Thanks to this thread I was 19 minutes late for work this morning.

Luckily they literally just changed the attendence policy and the fact I made it in so quick means no blackmark on my attendence record.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Fermented Tinal posted:

Thanks to this thread I was 19 minutes late for work this morning.

Luckily they literally just changed the attendence policy and the fact I made it in so quick means no blackmark on my attendence record.

I just read this thread at work. :shrug:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

toplitzin posted:

I just read this thread at work. :shrug:

I stayed up too late hoping to see the engine run, slept in.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Rhyno posted:

What 14 is doing I'd only be useful as a gopher. I'm super basic when it comes to under the hood stuff, like plugs, alternator and belt replacement, etc. That and working 6 days a week.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Nonsense. You could be the guy that rubs his hands when they get frostbitten.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Astonishing Wang posted:

Nonsense. You could be the guy that rubs his hands when they get frostbitten.

I do have giant, Hulk-hand like mitts...:rubshands:

poo poo, that didn't work out as intended.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I could very seriously use a second set of hands as I just lost another full day to 5he Nebraska death that has infested me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
As in I just woke up now and I can't breathe

• Locked thread