Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

triplexpac posted:

That's Brent, I remember the sun building story
God, that must be him. He's one of the worst people I've ever heard from and about on WON.

AMReese fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I wonder if the Brent thread is still on the forums

only one way to find out I guess

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

AMReese posted:

God, that must be him. He's one of the worst people I've ever heard from and about on WON.

The first time I heard him it was really uncomfortable because he sounded like he had really bad mental health issues, but I figured maybe I was being a little presumptuous about this guy I had next to no knowledge of.

Later on Bryan and Vinny recounted the time he called into the show while involuntarily committed to a mental asylum.... :psyduck:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He makes Larry David look self-confident

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

The first time I heard him it was really uncomfortable because he sounded like he had really bad mental health issues, but I figured maybe I was being a little presumptuous about this guy I had next to no knowledge of.

Later on Bryan and Vinny recounted the time he called into the show while involuntarily committed to a mental asylum.... :psyduck:

You should listen to that show. The story of how he ends up in the asylum is incredible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

You should listen to that show. The story of how he ends up in the asylum is incredible.

Any idea which show it was? All I can recall them saying is that he called in and he wasn't happy about it, but they weren't going to do anything about it because they were thrilled by the situation!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Update: Brent thinks he's Andre the Giant and people are attempting to convince him to make a podcast.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Jerusalem posted:

Any idea which show it was? All I can recall them saying is that he called in and he wasn't happy about it, but they weren't going to do anything about it because they were thrilled by the situation!

01/15/2007.

Bryan and Vinny were most definitely NOT thrilled with the situation and explicitly said how hosed up it was that he was involuntarily committed to an insane asylum.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Capsaicin posted:

01/15/2007.

Bryan and Vinny were most definitely NOT thrilled with the situation and explicitly said how hosed up it was that he was involuntarily committed to an insane asylum.

Thanks. I'm just basing it on what they said on whatever show they referenced it on, when they seemed to treat the whole thing as a joke.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Jerusalem posted:

Thanks. I'm just basing it on what they said on whatever show they referenced it on, when they seemed to treat the whole thing as a joke.

I imagine it's easy to look back on a situation like that and see it in a different light, but they were pretty clear at the time that they legit thought this was a a loving terrible thing to happen to a person who, while he may be extraordinarily awkward, is no threat to himself or others.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Well as long as we're talking about Brent Kremen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY60wbTotIc

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Capsaicin posted:

I imagine it's easy to look back on a situation like that and see it in a different light, but they were pretty clear at the time that they legit thought this was a a loving terrible thing to happen to a person who, while he may be extraordinarily awkward, is no threat to himself or others.

Yeah just reading the description now:

Bryan Alvarez posted:

When you know a guy for ten years and he gets sent to an institution, and you know that he may be weird and wacky but is harmless and certainly sane, it can initially be a source of comedy that such a thing can occur. But then when you hear about what else is going on in the institution and who else is in there, you are very quickly brought back down to earth. It's a fascinating story and there are lessons everyone can learn from it.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I just remember the stories about how he acted at certain F4W gatherings, his whole fascination with a girl in prison, and his sick obsession with Missy Hyatt.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
The Star of David necklace and not bringing enough money for WrestleMaina.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
going to super china buffet day, getting a plate of food, sitting down with it next to Bryan, saying to himself "I don't have any money. I guess I'll put all this back"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JerryvonK/status/806679514097090560

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Try to find a Chris Hero podcast booking in 2017

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hearing the Brent asylum story is the first thing I remember about the site. I signed up right before Christmas 2006.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure shortly after I signed up was in the infamous Bryan and Vinny show when he played that ye-olde timey "Went down the road and killed 500 (rhymes with fingers)"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Brent asylum visit I am talking about was in October of 2009. Show MIGHT have been in November but the set up is in October. The sequence of events is amazing.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

The Brent asylum visit I am talking about was in October of 2009. Show MIGHT have been in November but the set up is in October. The sequence of events is amazing.

Yeah, this was the one I was thinking of too, because I remember Bryan being amused at Brent wanting him to be a character witness and Bryan going "And say what?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So wait... he was in a Mental Asylum TWICE? :stare:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The poo poo about the girl in prison is loving hilarious

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tom asking Bryan to ask Dave for an update on Tom's own suspension was hilarious to me :allears:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Died during the Linda discussion.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/806903293075222528
VOW flagship is back, wonder if Joe will get to Rob Viper levels of hyperbolic cynical and angry about the cruiserweights

E: Poor Noam had no chance from the wrath of Lanza

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 8, 2016

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Brent Kremen is a national treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY60wbTotIc

Here's his video dating profile.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
like ten posts up

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Capsaicin posted:

like ten posts up

It's like a fine wine. It gets better with every post

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Enable signatures and have that video posted by default with every post.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Capsaicin posted:

like ten posts up
I have brought shame to my house. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntrDTO4GUww

Here's Brent calling in to the Christmas '15 show. Featuring just a little Wang.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Died during the Linda discussion.

I laughed when Dave noted,"You know... it wouldn't be hard for any journalist to actually discover that Linda's CV is mostly made up" and then I realized what a sadly accurate indictment of journalism this was :(

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I love how worked up Dave gets whenever they talk about Cyborg

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

from the newest back issue of WON:

quote:

The idea of one hour of the Saturday show being a comedy hour starring Hall, Nash and Mark Madden is looking stronger as there are meetings scheduled to flush out the concept

we missed out on some incredible(-y horrible) things in 99

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aye Doc posted:

from the newest back issue of WON:

we missed out on some incredible(-y horrible) things in 99

The empty arena matches with the nWo squashing jobbers was the only reason I watched Saturday Night back then

It was fantastic

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I actually really enjoyed Chael Sonnen on JR's Podcast, because it kind of felt like Chael is really familiar with JR's show/eccentricities and either played up to them or pushed his buttons on particular issues.

Plus he keeps coming back to trying to force JR to tell his side of the Buff Bagwell got fired story :allears:

"Let's just say, as a hypothetical mind you, that a wrestler's mother called somebody in the office about pushing their son. How would the Talent Relations person react to that, do you think?"

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Judy Bagwell: The Legend Continues

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I can't wait for someone to mix the #1 Christmas grandma song into a drop for next week :allears:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

she dug her own bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Bryan doesn't realize that Hawaii is part of the US does he?

• Locked thread