Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Gaunab posted:

Society really does a number on people when it comes to sex.

It's incredible how many variations there are on this exact story. A guy gets all hosed up about the exact dimensions of his dick and throws away a good relationship with a woman who didn't care one way or the other about exact dong specs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

It's incredible how many variations there are on this exact story. A guy gets all hosed up about the exact dimensions of his dick and throws away a good relationship with a woman who didn't care one way or the other about exact dong specs.

She may not care, but she should know better than to go "Well, to be quite honest dude, your dick is small compared to all of my exs"

Like, that should be basic tact to not compare your partner to your ex.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah that's rude. Actually it's pretty rude to mention exes at all, unless there's some really pressing need.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

WampaLord posted:

She may not care, but she should know better than to go "Well, to be quite honest dude, your dick is small compared to all of my exs"

Like, that should be basic tact to not compare your partner to your ex.

dick size is infinitely less important than butt strength. at least that's my impression.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Tears In A Vial posted:

I've taken the ages out of the headline, because I think it'll be more fun if you discover them naturally.

My boyfriend of 9 months, I found out he was lying to me about a few things including his age?

My boyfriend and I met online and have been in a LDR for 9 months. We didn't add each other on most social media because it was only sexual at first, mainly video chatting on snapchat and skype, sometimes talking about shows we both liked and life. We decided I would go on a trip to visit him in a year when I turn 18, so it was starting to get serious.

This week when I searched for his first name and his city I found out he has a newish facebook profile (100% it's him through the pics) and tons of friends, so I stalked him a little. I found his mom and looked at her profile. She posted a status about her son's 30th birthday 3 years ago but he told me he was 27 last January. She also had pics of him with a girl who she called his girlfriend from 9 years ago. I then saw that this same woman likes all his posts and comments on his pictures and statuses with hearts and flirty stuff, but her profile says she's in a relationship with someone else so I don't think he's cheating with her, but I think it's pretty inappropriate to when you're seeing someone. He never told me about her.

I was pretty upset when I saw all this so I messaged him yesterday and we talked. He said she was a friend and that they'd never dated, which contradicts his mom's post, unless he was lying to his mom. He admitted he lied about his age but said it was because he was afraid I'd block him. He said it was only a few years and said he wanted to bring it up but he was so scared since we started dating more formally.

I'm feeling pretty bummed out over this since we had all these plans together and I've never dated anyone before or had a sexual relationship with anyone. I don't know if I can trust him again. He made everything on his facebook private as we were talking which is also really shady. I don't really have any friends at my school (my family moves every year or two) so he was the only person I talked to so often in the last year. He has been sending me messages all day today and yesterday but I've been ignoring them. Has anyone patched up a relationship after something like this? I just want to go back to the way things were, he is a really nice guy otherwise, I was so excited for our future.

Poor girl, get THE gently caress away from this guy. It sounds like she's almost there, she just needs a little push.

He lied twice (and probably many more times) to your face, and when you called him on the age thing of course he takes the "I'm insecure about it and I was afraid you'd hate me and wouldn't understand." This is a pretty common trick and if you look slightly into it he's basically saying that he lied to her because he loved her so much and couldn't bear the thought of losing her. And it subtly turns the accusation back onto her for judging him for his age.

It's exactly what a piece of poo poo liar would say when they know the jig's up and it's damage control time. He even lied to her about the lady who used to be his girlfriend when it wasn't absolutely necessary, indicating that he isn't just a liar but a compulsive liar. Then changed the privacy settings on his facebook before more of his bullshit could be revealed.

I know how these people work because I am a reformed lying piece of poo poo. These are all reasons he's a worthless oval office beyond the fact of the age difference, which would be enough all by itself.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

You guys want a story about dick size? here we go

I [20M] hurt my girlfriend [30F] and now we're getting married [NSFW][new]

It's a strange and complicated story. I'm 20, my girlfriend is 30 and we live together in an apartment. Last night we decided to have sex for the first time. For me, this was only my second time ever, and she hasn't dated in a long time, so she hasn't had sex in 7 or 8 years.

It was bad, there was blood. At first I asked if she lied, if she's a 30 year old virgin (we live in Japan, so I wouldn't have been too surprised). She said no and laughed at me. She's not on her period, it ended over the weekend. But when I put it in, there was blood. She tried to endure, and we went for a while, but we had to stop. She said I was too big, and she was hurting too much. I was a little scared, I didn't understand what was happening. Am I too big for her? Am I not supposed to stick it in so far? But at the same time, maybe it's because for her it's been 7 years???

I know nothing about women's reproductive system. But I'm scared of hurting her.

After we stopped, we just laid in the bed for a while. She was crying, and I was scared because I thought she was crying from the pain. But she wasnt. I asked if she was crying because she was scared that I would leave her because of this, she said yes.

We held each other for a while, her crying into my chest. She's 30, and we live in Japan. By societal standards here, she's too old to get married. she's a Christmas cake. She thought she was going to be alone forever, but then I came along. I like her a lot, she likes me a lot. But I'm so young, I'm still a student. But she has a good job and makes enough money that if we were married I could continue being a student for a little while.

I told her that I loved her, and that I don't want to leave her. I dont want her to be alone. And then, probably the craziest thing I've ever done in my life, I asked her to marry me. She said yes. We held each other for a while longer, she cried a little more and then we decided to take a warm bath and relax. We were probably in the bath for 2 or 3 hours just talking. We talked about a lot of things, but we also talking about getting married and we really want to do it. When, we don't know. Maybe in a little over a year when I finish school, or maybe do it in a few months but have a reception after I finish school. We don't know yet, we're probably crazy for doing this.

But I'm scared if sex, because I hurt her. And I understand sex is an important part of a relationship. But also I'm 20, my sex drive is SUPER high. There's been days where I have masturbated 4 or 5 times. Sex is important, but I'm scared now and I don't want it to affect the relationship because everything else is going great.

tl;dr - I had sex with my girlfriend for the first time, I hurt her and there was blood. I was scared, she cried because she thought I was going to leave and now we are engaged. I'm scared of what will happen the next time we have sex.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

She's a...Christmas cake?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I really hope they can work it out :(

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

Yeah I had to google that.

quote:

The cakes go on discount once Dec. 25 rolls around — a fact that gave birth to an unfortunate bit of old Japanese slang: "Christmas cake" was used to refer to an unmarried woman who was over 25 and thus, considered past her prime.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tom Gorman posted:

It doesn't translate well. In Japan there are a bunch of christmas cakes leading up to christmas. It's like eggnog or candy canes in the US, kinda. It's kind of like angel food cake with strawberries and frosting and stuff. Once Dec. 25 rolls around they go on discount and you stop seeing them shortly after.

The meaning is a woman 25+ is past her prime and not great marriage material.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I sometimes forget how sexist Japan can be.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Pick posted:

Yeah that's rude. Actually it's pretty rude to mention exes at all, unless there's some really pressing need.

I remember when I was younger and much less wise, maybe 17. I was coming down off coke in a hot tub with my then-girlfriend, and I asked her who else she had been with that I knew (we went to the same high school).

She gave me a cautious look and said "you really want to know?" I already had a horrible feeling but by then I was completely unable to stop myself, and hearing it upset me for days if not weeks. I learned so much from that relationship, that insecurity and desperation and jealousy are useless. If a girl is drifting away, let her drift. Desperation is the Most Unsexy Thing.

At this point I have (pretty much) discarded jealousy. Either I can trust my significant other not to screw me over or we have no business being together. I feel absolutely nothing about her ex-boyfriends because either I am a better partner than them or I'm not, in which case we shouldn't be together either.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I had a coworker whose brother married an older Japanese woman. He went to her family's house for dinner and her sister straight up asked him why he liked her because she's 'Christmas cake'. He was pretty shocked. After 25 you're no good.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

quote:

My [33M] girlfriend [32F] keep lying to me about playing Pokemon GoRelationships

My girlfriend is a big Pokemon fan. She loves playing Pokemon Go. She basically plays it every day on her way to work and back by bus. I think she played Pokemon a lot as a kid and it's very nostalgic for her. I wasn't into Pokemon as a kid and don't really see the point. But hey, if it gets her to go outside and exercise, it can't be so bad.

My girlfriend and I live together. I have on multiple occasions caught her sneaking around or lying about her whereabouts. She'll leave to go take out the trash and disappear for a good 30 minutes. Turns out she's playing Pokemon Go! But she won't admit it! Some times I'll look over at her phone and she'll try to hide it. I know she's playing Pokemon Go! But again, she won't admit it. She'll trying to change the subject, avoid talking about it, or just straight out lie.

I know I have on a few occasions judged her for being so into Pokemon (I do find it a bit weird). But I'm really bothered by her lying to me about such a stupid thing.

How do I show my girlfriend that she can tell me about playing Pokemon Go?

tl;dr: Girlfriend loves to play Pokemon Go. I think it's dumb. So she lies about playing. The lying is bothering me.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

not only did you buy a terrible couch, you bought it from west elm???

It was my partner's decision! I told them it was a bad idea! I did all I could! I compromised because it wasn't worth fighting over! I didn't know West Elm had this reputation. Our friends recommended it because it suit our style. I grew up poor! I never bought furniture before! Everything I owned came from curb sides. I'm sorry. :negative:

That person who wants to pump up that person's butt just wants to make them butt famous. [Insert smiley here.]

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jenner defense: I was in the furniture business, it is almost impossible to tell a lovely couch from a well made couch unless someone tells you what to look for. All the signs show up AFTER it is in your house. Sagging, racking, creaking, cushions sliding off etc.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

haha this is so miserable

I regularly mock my girlfriend's interests to her face and now she feels like she has to conceal them from me, what the gently caress reddit??? How did this happen????

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

sinking belle posted:

haha this is so miserable

I regularly mock my girlfriend's interests to her face and now she feels like she has to conceal them from me, what the gently caress reddit??? How did this happen????

is the gimmick here that she was cheating on him and hiding texts or is it NOPE JUST POKEMANS

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I used to mock my girlfriends interests to her face to make her conceal them from me. Everything was going great for me until she left and I became fat and a dumbass.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 8, 2016

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Japanese people live a long time. Why is 25 considered over the hill for women?

I gotta wonder if theres more to it than just ageism. The older someone is, the more likely they are going to have a career, be independent, and hold their partner to a higher standard. This might weed out a ton of partners that seemed "good enough" in their twenties.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
No its because the Japanese are terrified of each other

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
I [21 F] want a guinea pig, my boyfriend [21 M] doesn't want one. We live separately. What do I do?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

gentle pete posted:

I [21 F] want a guinea pig, my boyfriend [21 M] doesn't want one. We live separately. What do I do?

Who was it earlier in the thread that said videogames are toxic to a relationship?

quote:

he plays HOURS upon HOURS of video games and wants me there while he plays. This makes me SO annoyed, because I don't have much to do and want to do my own thing. If I have plans with friends, then all is good, but I just HATE spending time in his room while he's playing games. He doesn't want me to leave and go to my place if he does. He also rarely makes plans with his friends. I know it's a hobby, and I know he loves it. I know he's allowed to play them and its not a biggie, but it still bugs me because I feel like I can't do anything but watch Netflix and sew (and who want's to do that for 3-6 hours a day?).

I think having piggies will help me mentally, would give me things to do while he goes playing his games and wouldn't make me angry at him all the time and we only live down the street from one another. I could take care of them and spend time with them while he plays games. I think this makes perfect sense, but he wants me with him 24/7...even if he's not spending quality time with me and vice versa.

Pretty much I feel like I'm always waiting for him to be free from his video games and it makes me antsy and frustrated and I KNOW that just going down the block and spending time with the guinea pigs would make it all work out for me. He also tend to blame me (unless he's actually played for over 6 hours) for being annoyed when he plays.
I just thinks this would solve everything, give me a bit more time to be my own person and not have me be annoyed with him when he plays games.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pick posted:

:crossarms: Did you not notice the part where she says they should try an open relationship?

I agree you're talking about a common story, but I'm not sure this was a perfect example of it.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Jenner posted:

It was my partner's decision! I told them it was a bad idea! I did all I could! I compromised because it wasn't worth fighting over! I didn't know West Elm had this reputation. Our friends recommended it because it suit our style. I grew up poor! I never bought furniture before! Everything I owned came from curb sides. I'm sorry. :negative:

drat. If you're going to pay too much for a couch, at least go to Room & Board.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Panfilo posted:

Japanese people live a long time. Why is 25 considered over the hill for women?

I gotta wonder if theres more to it than just ageism. The older someone is, the more likely they are going to have a career, be independent, and hold their partner to a higher standard. This might weed out a ton of partners that seemed "good enough" in their twenties.

You did catch that it's only women who are considered too old for marriage at that age? "Ageism" is not the word I'd use.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i mean if it makes you feel any better the japanese are so picky and weird about who they're slowly dying out since everyone chose to gently caress egg vaginas and digital animes instead of each other

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Surely these tiny hairy rodents will solve my problems. I can pet them while my bf plays league of legends from 5pm to 2am.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
maybe she just wants something to crush while her spirits are being slowly pressure cooked in that tiny little bedroom with the pc fan whirring, lights off - blank stare on your lovers face

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

if you think really hard, you can smell that place in your mind.

you all know what it smells like.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
baked jizz and weed

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

No Pants posted:

drat. If you're going to pay too much for a couch, at least go to Room & Board.

It was their money. :shrug:

I used my influence to convince them to agree to this Amish furniture:

(I am not a photographer.)

Anyway, I've derailed this thread enough with this. If you want to talk to me about my loving couch or my home and decor or whatever you can PM me or take your comments/questions to my thread about my couch. (I linked it earlier.)

Doc Hawkins posted:

You did catch that it's only women who are considered too old for marriage at that age? "Ageism" is not the word I'd use.

It's definitely a kind of ism though.

Is it safe to assume the two near-virgins need only learn a bit about foreplay, get loads of lube and establish good communication?

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, I didn't want to be an rear end in a top hat about that story, but I was kind of thinking "so, uh, how long is he going to be able to stay in Australia pre-marriage? Or post-marriage, for that matter? Does he, like... have a job? Pretty sure Australia doesn't give out Grand Romantic Gesture Visas." Also, in an alternate universe, someone is posting in r/relationships about how her delusional ex found her even after she left the country, months after the relationship ended, and is still convinced they're "soulmates" and trying to propose, and HER FAMILY LET HIM IN WHAT THE gently caress

Prospective marriage visa. It takes about 6 months to process for a US citizen and it doesn't give a poo poo about who you are, only that you can prove the relationship is genuine. it's a long wait but it's not hard.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Nuebot posted:

Raised by a single mother who worked two jobs just to keep us from being under the poverty line :shrug: I never even told her half the poo poo went down because I didn't want my sister to get in trouble. Growing up all I wanted was to make her happy and not hate me.

I am become anti drugs! Guy seems to know what he wants out of life though, drugs.

Its probably only half the story but what does that girl expect. "Stop drugs or ill break up with you also I flushed everything you had"

Communication is key.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

54 40 or gently caress posted:

That is completely hosed up and totally stupid

Mods rename thread/forum/life pls.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pick posted:

I mean there's "rude" and then there's "pointlessly exacerbating the bodily insecurity of someone with anxiety, over something that culture tells him is vitally important to his worth as a person"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Welp, you wanted funny ones. Bolding is mine

My girlfriend [22F] of 5 years performed at an amateur night at the strip club without telling me [21M] beforehand

quote:

I just received a call from my girlfriend letting me know that she went to an amateur night at a strip club that was 5 hours away. She went with a woman (ex-stripper or current stripper?) that she met at a coffee shop about a week ago during her lunch break. She participated in a wet t-shirt contest and she danced topless for 10 minutes and won a sum of money. I don't know how to feel about the situation...angry, happy, proud, sad.
We did speak about a week ago and she briefly mentioned she met this girl and was thinking about checking out the local amateur night. The way she said it she was very skeptical about it and was just thinking about going to go watch so I figured we'd have a conversation about it when we saw each other in about a week. Then she drives 5 hours to a strip club with someone she's barely knows, takes off work the next day and participates in amateur night.

Some context of our relationship:

We started dating in high school and ended up going to college only a few miles from each other. She graduated las Spring and is working 150 miles away from me. We get to see each other almost every weekend and over any school breaks I have. We're very happy, sexually active and crazy in love. She's very much an introvert a and has a few close friends and I am very much an extrovert and have many friends. I've actually asked her in the past if she would be willing to "dance" for me if she felt comfortable doing so (we like to keep things new in bed) and she said she wasn't and she was embarrassed.

I told her I was doing homework so I had to hang up. Reddit, do you have any advice on how I should feel about this or what this means? I think I just feel sad right now.

TL;DR; My girlfriend [22F] of 5 years went to an amateur night 5 hours away with an ex-stripper she met just a week ago at a coffee shop. She danced topless and won money and didn't tell me that she was going to do it until after. I feel sad, what should I make out of this situation if anything?

IMPORTANT EDIT: So this is a huge factor and quite the twist. The other woman was her sister but she didn't want to tell me because her sister is close to her and me in a way. The 5 hour drive was because she was driving to where her sister went to college. The rest of the situation is true, but the random woman is not. Thank you everyone who has commented so far, I've read everything you've said and considered every comment.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

On the plus side, she should be more willing to strip for the guy, and I really can't see any downside.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

regular videogames are one thing, but mobas are a different story. they are poison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Kinda more weirded out by Family Strip Nite than anything, TBH. Is her sister the probably-autistic apartment nudist?