Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Media Matters Founder David Brock Vows to Create a ‘Breitbart of the Left’

I'm sure it will go over just as well as Air America did.

quote:

Air America.....how did that work out for ya?
1 posted on 12/07/2016 4:49:43 PM PST by ColdOne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]
Stop stealing my jokes, Freep! :argh:

quote:

To: ColdOne

Hey Brock, you idiot!

We already have tons of that. It’s called “the media”.

4 posted on 12/07/2016 4:51:32 PM PST by ROCKLOBSTER (The fear of stark justice sends hot urine down their thighs.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

They make this exact same joke dozens of times in this thread, sometimes one right after another.

quote:

I thought they already had one: it is called the entire MSM (CNN, NYT, WashPost, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, etc...)

5 posted on 12/07/2016 4:51:41 PM PST by El Cid (Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house...)

I love how "fake news" has become shorthand for "news I don't like" over at Freep.

quote:

Sounds like a Fake News press release.

6 posted on 12/07/2016 4:51:43 PM PST by Paladin2 (No spellcheck. It's too much work to undo the auto wrong word substitution on mobile devices.)

quote:

so long as the financial contributions kept pouring.

They don't usually admit the true motivation so quickly.

8 posted on 12/07/2016 4:52:05 PM PST by lafroste (Look at my profile page. Thanks.)

quote:

air america went tits up. PMSNBC is going tits up. this will go tits up as well.

9 posted on 12/07/2016 4:52:15 PM PST by JohnBrowdie

quote:

I guess ABCNBCCBSCNNMSNBC and all of the nations major newspapers just aren’t enough cheerleaders and liars for the left to “get their message out”

Not to mention Pravda USA sites like Huffpo, Slate, and The Nation.

11 posted on 12/07/2016 4:53:29 PM PST by digger48

quote:

Probably will just be a money laundering operation of some sort

12 posted on 12/07/2016 4:54:08 PM PST by uncitizen (Boycotts Work! #DumpKelloggs)

quote:

“...A counterpoint to alt-right website Breitbart.”

Fail. Breitbart has Jewish writers and Christian commenters. Anything lacking both religious influences is doomed to fail.

17 posted on 12/07/2016 4:57:26 PM PST by Falconspeed ("Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-94))

quote:

Awesome, more liberal money wasting, not an epic fail but a fail none the less.

22 posted on 12/07/2016 5:00:58 PM PST by Kenny500c

quote:

He could hire everyone in the Coffee Party to staff it. This is gonna be hugh.

23 posted on 12/07/2016 5:03:03 PM PST by Billthedrill

quote:

Media Matters Founder David Brock Vows to Create a ‘Breitbart of the Left’
==
Reminds me of when people said Rush Limbaugh should provide “balance”. His response: “I am the balance!”

The left already has most the of print, broadcast, cable and internet media. How’s one more outlet that no one trusts going to help them?

25 posted on 12/07/2016 5:03:52 PM PST by LouieFisk

quote:

Why is Brock still even out there? He’s like the Karl Rove of the left!!!

DRAIN THE SWAMP!

29 posted on 12/07/2016 5:08:13 PM PST by browniexyz

Oh, is that what we're calling it now?

quote:

To: All

Shouldn’t Brock be laying low and hoping to not to get scooped up in the ‘pizzagate investigation?”

30 posted on 12/07/2016 5:09:45 PM PST by LegendHasIt

quote:

Alan Colmes is looking for a job.

Libs. Nobody likes you. You disgrace your family.

31 posted on 12/07/2016 5:10:07 PM PST by Eddie01

quote:

Impossible.

#1 you have to use facts

the end

33 posted on 12/07/2016 5:13:48 PM PST by DoughtyOne (jcon40, "Are we be coming into the age of Sanity?")

quote:

To: LegendHasIt

Yep. But the big whig pedo pervs have no shame and are confident of not being charged.

35 posted on 12/07/2016 5:15:40 PM PST by Bigg Red (To Thee, O Lord, I lift my soul. Thank you for saving our Republic.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

quote:

CNN is already there. MSNBC does a good job at that, too. ABCNBCCBS are already working on that. A brooks attempt would be terribly extra and would not get any more audience and readership than Air America got. It is good for the likes of Mr Brock to waste his money, or Soros’s money this way.

37 posted on 12/07/2016 5:16:22 PM PST by arthurus (Mrs Clinton is The Great Conniver.)

quote:

My exact thought.

My sister in Seattle had Air America on in the morning when I would go visit her. Such hatred, such anger and contempt, not to mention the outrageous lies. I was out of sorts for hours afterwards and got to where i would turn it off when she was in the shower and make her french toast so she wouldn’t notice.

38 posted on 12/07/2016 5:17:43 PM PST by Cowgirl of Justice

quote:

Air America.....how did that work out for ya?

It's not the same business plan.

There are scads of liberal or left-wing websites out there.

Whatever the reason why left-wing talk radio doesn't work, it hasn't affected their control of other media.

41 posted on 12/07/2016 5:26:09 PM PST by x

quote:

To: LostInBayport

Needs to be ctrl left, since the left is always trying to control us.

I predict a bigger flop than NPR. but they won’t be able to get federal funds.

51 posted on 12/07/2016 5:43:17 PM PST by Spirit of Liberty (It's morning in America again!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

quote:

What do you think is worse for them.. Not owning every single piece of media out there or most people not believing what they have?

59 posted on 12/07/2016 6:21:51 PM PST by Trillian

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Jagged Jim posted:

quote:

My sister in Seattle had Air America on in the morning when I would go visit her. Such hatred, such anger and contempt, not to mention the outrageous lies. I was out of sorts for hours afterwards and got to where i would turn it off when she was in the shower and make her french toast so she wouldn’t notice.

38 posted on 12/07/2016 5:17:43 PM PST by Cowgirl of Justice
... have we seen this story before?

Verbatim maybe?

Anyway, I'd been avoiding the news for a few days because reasons, and then I made a mistake and went and looked at the guy Trump nominated to head the EPA. And then I went to look at what freep thought. And then I realized that I need to learn how to shoot.

Once I came back to reality, I realized that both those and the Linda McMahon nomination threads were both just pure poo poo and went to find something else.

Trump tweeted tonight at some union leader or something. Twice. Apparently after the union leader called him out on CNN or something.

One freeper thought this might not be a wise idea. This image is that post and then all of the replies.

Pick your favorite, and why. There's all kinds of horrible to choose from...

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Well, Air America did launch Rachel Maddow and Senator Al Franken.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I can't deal with how brazenly they co-opted the whole fake news problem but just turned it on its head proclaiming that all along it was their loony sites using facts and the press just lying.

There are just some people like that who live in a parallel nightmare dimension, there is no way their world is the same as ours.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Wolfsheim posted:

maxamericana is the guy who claims he greenlit iron man and basically started the entire marvel franchise

so he's either an extremely wealthy studio mogul who fires almost everyone who works for him every four years or he's lying

I'm gonna go with the second one

Yeah, he likely is, that doesn't mean everything he says is though. He may in fact have some small business with a lovely turn over rate.

i love that freep is getting tired of don crying about everything on twitter. Hey, you guys elected this bozo, you made this bed, now goddamned lie in it. some seem to be trying with their 92 dimension chess claims. But at this point it should be clear, they elected the whiniest bitch boy on the playground that sits on the swings by himself because he's an rear end in a top hat

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Dec 8, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

SocketWrench posted:

Yeah, he likely is, that doesn't mean everything he says is though. He may in fact have some small business with a lovely turn over rate.

i love that freep is getting tired of don crying about everything on twitter. Hey, you guys elected this bozo, you made this bed, now goddamned lie in it. some seem to be trying with their 92 dimension chess claims. But at this point it should be clear, they elected the whiniest bitch boy on the playground that sits on the swings by himself because he's an rear end in a top hat

They're clearly not getting tired of it. They are vehemently defending it when one of the collective disagrees. These people are okay as long as people they hate may suffer and need nothing more.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SocketWrench posted:

heh. To Trump voters he's being a tough tough man fearlessly taking punches at targets that were previously so high up they were invincible. Trump voters are, beneath the bluster and red faced confused sputtering, cowards who would NEVER actually stand up to anyone who wasn't at least a foot shorter than them. And even then they'd have to be a subordinate of some sort. So finally here is a bigger bully whose skirt they can hide behind: he's not afraid to take on such strongholds as "liberal elites" or "the Pope" or "really anyone at all because anyone or thing of stature at all they'd be terrified themselves to stand up to but Trump isn't". They got themselves a big, ugly, stupid bulldog that will bite randomly and they're ecstatic because, sometimes and by accident, it bites someone other than them.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Trump is basically the biggest, meanest kid in school and Freepers are the kids that join his gang.

Hospitals warn Trump and Congress of massive losses with Affordable Care Act repeal

Lies!

quote:

To: SeekAndFind

WaPo.

The very definition of fake news.

Try again, losers.

2 posted on 12/08/2016 8:41:55 AM PST by Da Coyote

quote:

i.e. “too big to repeal”

Wanna bet?

3 posted on 12/08/2016 8:41:58 AM PST by Mr. Douglas (Today is your life. What are you going to do with it?)

We had to destroy healthcare to save it!

quote:

Geez. Obamacare interfered with free markets much more than I would have guessed. Got to end it now before the damage is worse.

4 posted on 12/08/2016 8:42:30 AM PST by SSS Two

quote:

How much will you save when illegals go bye-bye?

5 posted on 12/08/2016 8:43:05 AM PST by gundog (Help us, Nairobi-Wan Kenobi...you're our only hope.)

quote:

Some hospitals may lose, but Americans definitely win.

Personal healthcare and especially personal healthcare insurance is NONE of the feds constitutional business.

6 posted on 12/08/2016 8:44:14 AM PST by Jim 0216

quote:

Wait - I thought they wanted the ACA because we already had “an unprecedented public health crisis.”

Make up your minds, folks.

7 posted on 12/08/2016 8:44:16 AM PST by workerbee (The President of the United States is public enemy #1)

quote:

Ahh - the Washington Post posts more fake news...

This is BS - the hospitals may lose money due to not getting subsidized by the state but, if anything, they should easily find other profitability by increasing the number of surgeries and throughput rather than the current trend of doing the bare minimum to tag the checkbox on the medicare repay form.

Provide for your patients and not the government.

Medical liberty for all.

9 posted on 12/08/2016 8:44:57 AM PST by Skywise

quote:

The medical profession is over-drugging and over-caring for those with insurance. And they're making massive profits from it.

Why not just abolish the mandate? If anyone wants to opt out, have them pay in with no benefits for the first two years of their enrollment.

There were news reports this AM that life expectancy is going DOWN in the US. Could it be that a lot of people are relying on a cure for everything, instead of taking responsibility for their own health?

Those who want their Obamacare can keep their Obamacare. But I sure as *ell don't want to subsidize them.

11 posted on 12/08/2016 8:45:28 AM PST by grania

You Lie!

quote:

Liars

12 posted on 12/08/2016 8:45:30 AM PST by Ge0ffrey

quote:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... sorry, I call BS on this one... absolute BS.

Hospital’s would love to be able to return to a fee for service vs fee for outcome model.... They’ve seen their margins crushed under Obamacare.

13 posted on 12/08/2016 8:45:40 AM PST by HamiltonJay

quote:

Well, hospitals, maybe you should stop charging insured patients 70% more than you charge uninsured patients.

15 posted on 12/08/2016 8:47:19 AM PST by chris37 (It's time to burn the GOP down.)

quote:

To: chris37

hospitals have now become places people go to die and their family become poor trying to pay for the $50 sample tube of moisturizing cream and band aids ect ect ect.

18 posted on 12/08/2016 8:53:06 AM PST by DOC44 (Have gun will travel.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Here we go.

quote:

I’d like to see the list of hospitals whose administrators signed onto this pack of falsehoods.

19 posted on 12/08/2016 8:55:12 AM PST by 60Gunner (The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. - Plato)

quote:

Hey, when the music stops, somebody always winds-up without a chair. Quit whining!

22 posted on 12/08/2016 8:58:20 AM PST by Buckeye McFrog

quote:

To: Buckeye McFrog

Donald is trying to bring all the chairs together into a bench. With a little squeezing we can fit on it until we can widen the bench.

24 posted on 12/08/2016 9:00:10 AM PST by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Steve_Seattle

Snort snort snicker snicker snort snort!

This abomination? The only delicate balancing act was later, with all the illegal EOs and dubious court decisions needed to nurse this monster along.

25 posted on 12/08/2016 9:01:11 AM PST by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

quote:

To: gundog

Back in ‘03 I had to take one of my kids to the ER on a Friday afternoon. I went out to the waiting room around 6pm, and what had been an empty area was filled with dozens of people, none of whom spoke English. I concluded that these uninsured people waited until the end of their workweek to come to the hospital that was forced by law to treat them, rather than a doctor’s office visit during the week that might interfere with their work, and might cost them $$$.

I know what MY (and/or my insurance company) ER costs were. I think back then there was a base of $400 per ER visit. A doctor’s office base cost then would have been @ $50-75, but that would have come out of their own pockets. It was an appalling lesson.

26 posted on 12/08/2016 9:02:16 AM PST by EDINVA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

There were news reports this AM that life expectancy is going DOWN in the US. Could it be that a lot of people are relying on a cure for everything, instead of taking responsibility for their own health?

Yes, I'm sure it's that people are lazy and just waiting for a cure for everything, not the fact that they can't loving afford preventative care and thus a condition that could have been easily resolved becomes life threatening becomes fatal, YOU loving DOLT.

quote:

Well, hospitals, maybe you should stop charging insured patients 70% more than you charge uninsured patients.

Well rear end in a top hat, maybe we should make sure everyone is covered, because the reason they're charging insured patients more is because uninsured patients LITERALLY CAN'T AFFORD IT and so the hospital has to charge the insured ones more to compensate. It's almost as if we got single payer, EVERYONE'S loving COSTS WOULD GO DOWN! But oh no, then poor people might get health care! We can't have that!

quote:

I concluded that these uninsured people waited until the end of their workweek to come to the hospital that was forced by law to treat them, rather than a doctor’s office visit during the week that might interfere with their work, and might cost them $$$.

WOW you mean that people whoa re being treated like poo poo by the capitalist system have no time to come to the hospital because their bosses make them work to many hours, and can't afford it because their bosses won't pay them a living wage? WHO WOULD'VE FUCKIN' THOUGHT! Guess those people should have just laid down in the street and died, it's not like they were white, so their lives have no value! loving racist shitstain.

Few things piss me off more than Freepers arguing that it's cool and good for hospitals to not treat people for whatever reason.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

Trump is basically the biggest, meanest kid in school and Freepers are the kids that join his gang.

Hospitals warn Trump and Congress of massive losses with Affordable Care Act repeal

Well, you know how it works, you should go into bankruptcy forever because you have a medical issue. Even if that issue is a birth defect in you or your children because no abortions, god's punishment on you, barf, etc.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Lol, that coming from the party that ran this past election and blamed everyone but themselves for negative news and demand the government to control everything

quote:

I concluded that these uninsured people waited until the end of their workweek to come to the hospital that was forced by law to treat them, rather than a doctor’s office visit during the week that might interfere with their work, and might cost them $$$.

Jesus loving christ
"Bunch of lazy freeloaders"
"They work too much"
"They want handouts"
"They don't want to lose money"

MOTHERFUCKER! Make up your damned minds already

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 9, 2016

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
There is one thing that does bear considering if the US goes single-payer, socialized healthcare- what happens to the industry's workers? Forget the execs and other assorted bigwigs, they'd be set for life, but the trench-level staff might be out on a limb depending on how marketable their skills are. Not saying that you lot shouldn't have socialized healthcare, not by a long shot, just wondering how hard the transition might be if you ever get round to doing it.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

CommissarMega posted:

There is one thing that does bear considering if the US goes single-payer, socialized healthcare- what happens to the industry's workers? Forget the execs and other assorted bigwigs, they'd be set for life, but the trench-level staff might be out on a limb depending on how marketable their skills are. Not saying that you lot shouldn't have socialized healthcare, not by a long shot, just wondering how hard the transition might be if you ever get round to doing it.

It would probably look a lot like the way it did when Canada moved over from all private insurers to single payer health care + private doctors that you need to pay extra for. Of course, Canada's process took nearly 40 years from the first province-level effort to it covering all of Canada.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

quote:

Washington would go out in the field and time the slaves while doing a task.

23 posted on 12/8/2016, 4:52:10 PM by Sacajaweau

In a thread justifying Trump staying on as Executive Producer on The Apprentice during his presidency.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Well rear end in a top hat, maybe we should make sure everyone is covered, because the reason they're charging insured patients more is because uninsured patients LITERALLY CAN'T AFFORD IT and so the hospital has to charge the insured ones more to compensate. It's almost as if we got single payer, EVERYONE'S loving COSTS WOULD GO DOWN! But oh no, then poor people might get health care! We can't have that!

I'm not even sure if that's true. Back in 2004, my wife ended up in the hospital for reasons and had no insurance. So they had to go on a payment plan, and it turned out the hospital was massively overcharging uninsured patients. There was eventually a class action lawsuit over this. It makes sense to me- insurance companies have lawyers who spend their time minimizing payments, but an uninsured person has no advocate.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 9, 2016

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

CommissarMega posted:

A very good question. Probably some of the administrative staff who are needed to make sure all the claims are processed and paid would be hired by the new government agency which would need people to do literally that same thing. Not all of them unfortunately.

Wow that was one of the most hypothetical questions in freep thread history

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jurgan posted:

I'm not even sure if that's true. Back in 2004, my wife ended up in the hospital for reasons and had no insurance. So they had to go on a payment plan, and it turned out the hospital was massively overcharging insured patients. There was eventually a class action lawsuit over this. It makes sense to me- insurance companies have lawyers who spend their time minimizing payments, but an uninsured person has no advocate.

This is what kills me though. At that point some form of government should be stepping in or we should be finding a way to get healthcare without a need for insurance. Instead freep wants to ditch health care so we can continue this insurance bullshit

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

SocketWrench posted:

This is what kills me though. At that point some form of government should be stepping in or we should be finding a way to get healthcare without a need for insurance. Instead freep wants to ditch health care so we can continue this insurance bullshit

With all things here, it seems that Freep always demands the action in which someone other than them will be hurt no matter the cost. They forever demand that the world suffer under the hands of their favorite bullies so they can take the fear of impending death wrenching their wretched souls out on the entire world.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/807249996085166081

Freep isn't amused but isn't outraged... yet. Dissent is showing, but it's been half an hour and only a dozen comments.

quote:

To: GIdget2004

Where is Trump supposed to get economic people?? At a country fair??

Look at how Obama selected people...muzzies, women, black, lobbyists....

11 posted on 12/9/2016, 8:46:16 AM by Sacajaweau

Yup, all of those are as bad as Goldman Sachs.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

McGlockenshire posted:

Freep isn't amused but isn't outraged... yet. Dissent is showing, but it's been half an hour and only a dozen comments.

I wonder how they'll feel if he gets that department of labor guy who openly says he prefers foreign labor to domestic laborers.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Covok posted:

I wonder how they'll feel if he gets that department of labor guy who openly says he prefers foreign labor to domestic laborers.

Who, the Carl's Jr guy? They were happy about him because the left doesn't like him. I didn't see anyone there talking about any of the actual implications or say anything bad at him at all, but I also didn't look very hard and I honestly wasn't in the mood.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jurgan posted:

I'm not even sure if that's true. Back in 2004, my wife ended up in the hospital for reasons and had no insurance. So they had to go on a payment plan, and it turned out the hospital was massively overcharging insured patients. There was eventually a class action lawsuit over this. It makes sense to me- insurance companies have lawyers who spend their time minimizing payments, but an uninsured person has no advocate.

back in 2008 I was part of a class action suit against Catholic Healthcare West because they were overcharging UNinsured patients. I got more than a third of my $1,600 bill back.

quote:

To: GIdget2004

Where is Trump supposed to get economic people?? At a country fair??

Look at how Obama selected people...muzzies, women, black, lobbyists....

11 posted on 12/9/2016, 8:46:16 AM by Sacajaweau

I remember dozens of political cartoons from the usual gang of idiots about "How about diversity now :smuggo: :smuggo: ??" when Obama picked a cabinet that was full of white guys

Here's one FROM THE LEFT:

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 9, 2016

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Covok posted:

He also hates minimum wage so they'll say "yeah he'd prefer domestic if it weren't for minimum wage why back in my day..."

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Haha wow soooooo close

quote:

To: Sean_Anthony
Puzder pros and cons...
The positives are, he is against raising the minimum wage, he is a vocal supporter of the Trump tax plan and he wrote a book claiming that government doesn't understand business.

The negatives are, he is pro amnesty, likes to import cheap foreign labor and was a Romney economic campaign advisor.

17 posted on 12/9/2016, 10:47:24 AM by FreeReign

Hardee’s/Carl’s Jr. CEO, who is hated by liberals, will be Trump’s pick for Labor Secretary

Covok
May 27, 2013

It's creepy how good we are getting at anticipating exactly what the alt-right thinks before they think it.

Hmm, that can actually be used for good potentially.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Don't call them alt right.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They've been here for years

Covok
May 27, 2013

McGlockenshire posted:

Yup, all of those are as bad as Goldman Sachs.

Also, you're mistaking dissent with boredom/not available to comment. I'm sure they are still full on MAGA at the moment and are looking forward to being able to ride Trump's dick for 8 years, or longer if they can make him emperor. I bet, if you asked them to their face, they would scream at you about MAGA until you called them out and they got afraid and ran way.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I'm in healthcare - in the trenches working a technical job - and my job and most of the people like me would not lose our jobs if we went to a single-payer system. A lot of the people who deal with insurance companies would, however, and that's a lot of people. BUT, those jobs generally are not very skilled in the first place.

IF it ever happens, those job loses will be placed on the shoulders of whoever passes the law, but as some people in this country are slowly coming to realize, the 21st century is going to be a meatgrinder w/r/t low-end service jobs.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

robotsinmyhead posted:

I'm in healthcare - in the trenches working a technical job - and my job and most of the people like me would not lose our jobs if we went to a single-payer system. A lot of the people who deal with insurance companies would, however, and that's a lot of people. BUT, those jobs generally are not very skilled in the first place.

IF it ever happens, those job loses will be placed on the shoulders of whoever passes the law, but as some people in this country are slowly coming to realize, the 21st century is going to be a meatgrinder w/r/t low-end service jobs.

How high can un-employment go before things start to break down. I know the Republican plan is to destroy the safety net, gently caress over low income people out of jobs, then when crime starts to rise use that as an excuse to expand police power and funnel money into the prison system but how sustainable is that nightmare? That has to start affecting middle class white people eventually.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Duke Igthorn posted:

back in 2008 I was part of a class action suit against Catholic Healthcare West because they were overcharging UNinsured patients. I got more than a third of my $1,600 bill back.

Typo- I meant to save they were overcharging UNinsured patients. We spent three or four years paying off that bill. Also, my wife was once told to have a Stress Test done, but it was $2000 that we couldn't afford. Now we're in Colorado on Medicaid and I had the exact same test done last week for free.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 9, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
how is jimrob gonna survive when trump cuts his social security

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Radish posted:

How high can un-employment go before things start to break down. I know the Republican plan is to destroy the safety net, gently caress over low income people out of jobs, then when crime starts to rise use that as an excuse to expand police power and funnel money into the prison system but how sustainable is that nightmare? That has to start affecting middle class white people eventually.

Eventually the cash flow funneling up will dry out and then the rich will gently caress off to their bunkers.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

More Freepathons. The bigger issue will be the donations based on other people's social security.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Churches vow to offer sanctuary to people in US illegally

quote:

Fine, pull the 501c3 status and retroactively collect taxes back to the year they were founded....

Enough of this nonsense.

2 posted on 12/09/2016 12:54:24 PM PST by HamiltonJay

:toughguy:

quote:

I think these people are in for some hard lessons, unless they are exceptionally lucky.

3 posted on 12/09/2016 12:56:03 PM PST by silverleaf (Age takes a toll: Please have exact change)

quote:

To: HamiltonJay

The churches have made millions from the Obama administration bringing in Syrians and such. Ironic too that they would house potential Muslim terrorists in a Christian place of worship... or will all these churches vet their clients?

5 posted on 12/09/2016 12:58:12 PM PST by Lagmeister ( false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders Mark 13:22)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

Even our churches put fraudulently documented foreigners ahead of the citizens and the rule of law.......

7 posted on 12/09/2016 1:01:59 PM PST by Lurkinanloomin (Natural Born Citizen Means Born Here Of Citizen Parents)

Out of curiosity I checked and JimRob still has his "Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God." tagline.

quote:

Shut them down and lock up the priests, rabbis and ministers who are flaunting our laws. Period. The Rights that we all enjoy under the First Amendment do not allow for ignoring or breaking the law of the land.

8 posted on 12/09/2016 1:02:22 PM PST by pgkdan (The Silent Majority Stands With TRUMP!)

quote:

To: HamiltonJay

I agree. Any religious organization that openly breaks the law, and then flaunts their action, should definitely lose their tax-exempt status.

9 posted on 12/09/2016 1:02:37 PM PST by ought-six (Multiculturalism is national suicide, and political correctness is the cyanide capsule.)

quote:

You know, it pains me to say this, but these churches are declaring that they will become a criminal enterprise.

Whether it happens or not, those churches are fair game for being bulldozed to the ground.

What makes them think they should be above the law?

If the government were doing something not reasoned or illegal, I would stand with the churches. Here, I can’t defend them at all.

12 posted on 12/09/2016 1:16:05 PM PST by DoughtyOne (jcon40, "Are we be coming into the age of Sanity?")

quote:

Jail them as accessories to harboring fugitives invaders.

And no, I don't give a drat about 'breaking up' invader families or whatever other sob story they or their seditious lawyer accomplices come up with.

13 posted on 12/09/2016 1:19:54 PM PST by tomkat (alt right)

quote:

So what if their children were born here?

They, too, can be deported with Mom or Dad, then later apply for U.S. citizenship.

And abolishing the 501c3 status and retroactively collecting taxes is an excellent idea. They should never offer sanctuary to anyone who has consistently broken our immigration laws.

14 posted on 12/09/2016 1:20:01 PM PST by SatinDoll (A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN IS BORN IN THE USA OF TWO USA CITIZENS)

quote:

To: DoughtyOne

Yep.....aren’t they 501 c? cut them off too, then graze them. yeah pains me too, but at some point it became us/vs them..I like us. Them....they want us dead.

15 posted on 12/09/2016 1:20:45 PM PST by ColdOne (( I miss my poochie... Tasha 2000~3/14/11~ Not tired of winning yet.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

About that rendering unto Caesar bit???? Laws and all???

16 posted on 12/09/2016 1:22:51 PM PST by SkyDancer (Ambtion Without Talent Is Sad - Talent Without Ambition Is Worse)

quote:

They sure have taken enough taxpayer dollars, directly from the US Treasury, to cover care for all of them and then some.

18 posted on 12/09/2016 1:30:03 PM PST by jacknhoo (Luke 12:51. Think ye, that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, no; but separation.)

quote:

Plan on having your tax free status challenged.

19 posted on 12/09/2016 1:31:02 PM PST by Nifster (I see puppy dogs in the clouds)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

Who, the Carl's Jr guy? They were happy about him because the left doesn't like him. I didn't see anyone there talking about any of the actual implications or say anything bad at him at all, but I also didn't look very hard and I honestly wasn't in the mood.

Of course not, because Trump picked him, and Trump is the chosen one. To question the chosen one is heresy and you will immediately be drug out behind a dumpster and shot.

Hey, kinda reminds me of some famous dictatorships Freep constantly rails on as bad.

Lol, churches actually do some humanitarian duties and freep once them all shut down...typical. After all, Jesus did state "gently caress you, got mine"

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 9, 2016

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

SocketWrench posted:

Of course not, because Trump picked him, and Trump is the chosen one. To question the chosen one is heresy and you will immediately be drug out behind a dumpster and shot.

Hey, kinda reminds me of some famous dictatorships Freep constantly rails on as bad.

Lol, churches actually do some humanitarian duties and freep once them all shut down...typical. After all, Jesus did state "gently caress you, got mine"

No, that one freeper covered it pretty well. If it's illegal but they personally agree with it they're proud conservative churches standing up for religious freedom, if not then they're evil liberal scum that should be jailed for treason. Pretty simple, really.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
With how much Freep talks about the liberal war on Christianity and churches, it's pretty amusing to see them literally say that churches should be bulldozed, Christians jailed, and churches lose their tax exempt status.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I am thy Lord supply side jesus thou shalt have no others before me.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Understanding Evil: From Globalism To Pizzagate

quote:

To: Perseverando

Without a religious perspective in the discussion of evil, there can be no argument. Without divine judgment good and evil are relative not absolute.

I don’t believe you can make a very compelling argument of true evil without a religious component.

I suppose you can make an argument from the viewpoint that society determines what is good and evil. But that is still a relative viewpoint as societies change and cultures are wildly different from one another. What is accepted one decade as good is evil the next, etc.

You cannot make an argument for absolute evil without a religious component. Period.

2 posted on 12/08/2016 10:45:22 PM PST by FreedomStar3028 (Somebody has to step forward and do what is right because it is right, otherwise no one will follow.)

quote:

To: FreedomStar3028

Explain, please, what you mean by ‘religious’ perspective? Globalism in theory is a ‘religion’. Actually, globalism is just another phase of global ‘communism’ where the few control the many. Whatever an individual places their faith in, is their religion. You think for one second the globalist believe they are going to change the belief system of the Muslim world? Christianity in large part has been dissolved into mindless mush...

3 posted on 12/08/2016 11:02:18 PM PST by Just mythoughts (Jesus said Luke 17:32 Remember Lot's wife.)

quote:

from a non religious darwinian perspective,

compassion can enhance individual and 1-1 relational survival

narcissism can enhance individual survival

cultism can enhance tribe collective survival

behaviors can either be learned or inherited

4 posted on 12/08/2016 11:11:07 PM PST by SteveH

Hi Susie!

quote:

Dostoevsky said it most brilliantly: “Without God, everything is permissible”. There is no Good and Evil (no laws without the lawgiver)-—and Pleasure will always trump pain (virtue/perseverance).

Fichte realized that for a collective/socialist “worldview” to exist, you had to destroy Free Will (conscious) of the individual and condition them from young age (brainwash) to “NOT” “think” for themselves. You can program little children and put them in artificial environments (very controlled) so that they have no experiences and practice in thinking for themselves. Their minds will be mapped so that it isn’t integrated the way that Davy Crockett’s mind was integrated, or a Ben Franklin’s.

You have to have unstructured environments and loving role models of loving male/female, so Laws of Nature (Common Sense, Science) is intelligible. You learn what it is to be male and female, and you have a proper role model (children need to have role models—like ALL mammals if they are to mature properly, and not be warped/inable to understand Reality and have the proper emotions/desires. The ability to connect and flourish will depend on the first years of life and the embedding of proper worldview (ability to “love” others).

Most “religions” are “group”/tribal religions, so aren’t equivalent to Christianity which is the only belief system which gave us the Age of Reason and Individualism (Individual Natural Rights from God) and Freud and Jung.

The Ancient Greek Masters were “baptized” by the early Church fathers, the Platonist St. Augustine, and the Aristotelian St. Thomas Aquinas. The combined philosophy created the Age of Reason and Modern Science-—not possible with any other “Ethic” system which created the idea that human beings could NEVER be used as a Means to an End (Marxism/Socialism/Tribalism). Christianity is the only ideology which rid the world of slavery as a “good”-—and pederasty, incest, misogyny and on and on. It is the most rational and just “ethic” system on earth.

There is a reason why Christianity is being erased from the World-—as I type. Because for a NWO, you have to eliminate individualism/identity of the child-—to make them irrational, too dumb to even know if they are male or female-—too dumb to EVER be able to “think” for themselves so they will be willing to be slaves of the elites.

That is why the Marxists took over education in the World and created the indoctrination (operant conditioning like Pavlov’s dog) so that children are incapable of using Reason, over Emotion (tribalism). The Marxists have been very successful because we allowed it and gave up our children to these evil institutions and TV (programming artificial emotions).

Only Classical Christian education truly educates children-—gives then the Wisdom of the Ages and the ability to “think critically” since it teaches the Socratic Methodology and Aristotelian Logic and Rhetoric, etc. Everything else is garbage (feelings). Children should NEVER be removed from their Natural Family until 7 years old or older and even then only for a few hours. They should learn from their parents in real life situations like they did until the 1930s in America when the communist, Humanist destroyed America’s “education” system.

5 posted on 12/08/2016 11:29:54 PM PST by savagesusie (When Law ceases to be Just, it ceases to be Law. (Thomas A./Founders/John Marshall)/Nuremberg)

quote:

To: SteveH

So if you’re saying that compassion is good. Without a defining authority of what good and evil are(God), I can simply say that compassion is evil.

7 posted on 12/08/2016 11:54:52 PM PST by FreedomStar3028 (Somebody has to step forward and do what is right because it is right, otherwise no one will follow.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Uh oh, the #pizzagate signal has been lit!

quote:

To: Perseverando

Oh my, you put Pizzagate in your title. Be prepared for all the FR deniers to come out and call you a moron for suggesting evil people like this exist.

Their first line of defense is ‘Where are the victims?’ ‘Why haven’t they come forward?’

Anyone that has been educating themselves on this has seen A LOT of evidence of the use of INFANTS. Not highly likely that an INFANT going to escape the clutches of these evil people and run off to the police station to report their abuse. I won’t name any FR names but who is really the MORON here? I have to wonder at the vehement way the deniers attacked people here that understand how all of this can happen. Perhaps they have some association with it themselves. I have heard the claim that this is going to capture a lot of people that will be a total shock like teachers, police etc.

I hope the ultimate goal of putting all this information out there will be to educate the public so when it all goes down people will be prepared and supportive no matter who is ensnared. I’m sure it’s probably already saving some children’s lives now that these people are having to look over their shoulders. Hopefully forensic evidence has already been collected and everything’s waiting for the right moment.

12 posted on 12/09/2016 3:54:56 AM PST by MagnoliaB (You can't always get what you want but if you try sometime you might find, you get what you need.)

FreedomStar3028 is literally a Warhammer 40k character.

quote:

To: SteveH

Compassion is weakness, and it is evil.

How is saying that any less or more valid than saying compassion is good if there isn’t a higher authority that governs what good and evil are?

If there isn’t an absolute authority of what good is and what evil is, then every choice is relative to the person making it, and nothing is good, nor evil. It just “is”.

18 posted on 12/09/2016 4:41:20 PM PST by FreedomStar3028 (Somebody has to step forward and do what is right because it is right, otherwise no one will follow.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Ugh, Ryan can't kill SS and Medicare fast enough.