Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My[22M] GF[22F] keeps stealing my hoodies and its really starting to piss me off

I know that its a pretty common thing and an ongoing joke everywhere that girls steal their boyfriends hoodies. The problem is that the hoodies she takes from me are nice and expensive.

I'm very much into fashion and dressing well, and I've spent quite a bit on some of my hoodies and sweaters, and bought them specifically in order to wear a "specific outfit".

My girlfriend just takes them, and then takes them home and forgets to bring them back, and then when I want to go out, I can't find the hoodie to go with my outfit.

Plus like I said, the hoodies and sweaters she takes are expensive and so I have to keep spending a poo poo ton of money to replace them.

Every time I bring this up with her, she just laughs it off and acts all cutsey, like she's "just a typical girl stealing her bf's hoodies", and talks about how she's always done that.

The thing I don't care what she's done in the past with other bf's or if other guys think its funny and don't care, I do, and I want my poo poo back.

tl;dr: gf keeps stealing my nice hoodies and sweaters, and acts like its funny and part of a typical relationship. Its starting to really bother me and I want my stuff back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Business Gorillas posted:

i mean if it makes you feel any better the japanese are so picky and weird about who they're slowly dying out since everyone chose to gently caress egg vaginas and digital animes instead of each other

It's the trend of many first world societies, Japan is just ahead of the curve.

Also, China and Korea also have the "christmas cake" mentality, it's kind of a pan-Asian thing.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I too buy expensive hoodies meant to be part of a specific ensemble.

For real though, sweaters are expensive and that would get really annoying

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

"I'm very much into fashion and dressing well"

:laffo:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Charles Get-Out posted:

It's the trend of many first world societies, Japan is just ahead of the curve.

Also, China and Korea also have the "christmas cake" mentality, it's kind of a pan-Asian thing.

My Chinese landlord was mortified I was dating a divorced woman until I showed him a photo. It's a changeable mindset!

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

I'm wondering why he doesn't just go to her place and take them back? Has she already incorporated them into her shrine-nest and he can't discern which hoodies are his among the random ex-boyfriend shoes and animal bones?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

WampaLord posted:

"I'm very much into fashion and dressing well"

:laffo:

Why is that funny? I guess some goons think presentation is a joke?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Leon Einstein posted:

Why is that funny? I guess some goons think presentation is a joke?

If you're really into fashion and dressing well, you wouldn't wear a loving hoodie as part of your "outfit."

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

WampaLord posted:

If you're really into fashion and dressing well, you wouldn't wear a loving hoodie as part of your "outfit."

What about those guys who wear lovely distressed hoodies under their suit jackets? Are you saying they are dumb and wrong??

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

WampaLord posted:

Eh, streetwear is fashion too. Especially when you're 22

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Charles Get-Out posted:

I'm wondering why he doesn't just go to her place and take them back? Has she already incorporated them into her shrine-nest and he can't discern which hoodies are his among the random ex-boyfriend shoes and animal bones?
Yeah, sounds like he should just not let her have more than one hoodie at a time. Yeah not having "the perfect hoodie" for one particular outfit sucks but surely he has five more that he can wear so :confused: Or why even leave them at her place in the first place instead of taking it with him back home?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Charles Get-Out posted:

What about those guys who wear lovely distressed hoodies under their suit jackets? Are you saying they are dumb and wrong??

Yes.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Hoodies are pretty "In" according to extremely fashio....well according to me anyway.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Charles Get-Out posted:

There are like 5 things you need to know to be considered a well dressed man in America

Don't wear sneakers
Socks need to be at least 2 shades darker than your pants
Wear a V neck undershirt if you're going to leave your buttons undone
Don't wear graphic tees after the age of 30
Don't wear a tie unless you're also wearing a jacket.

Other than that, just go to the gym and marvel at the compliments you get.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 8, 2016

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

The girlfriend doesn't understand that he is a /r/malefashionadvice BAPE enthusiast who buys extravagant hoodies to impress the internet. I bet if he told her how much that poo poo costs she would laugh at him and then continue stealing hoodies because he is dumb.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

In light of this incredibly compelling evidence, I'm forced to agree.

I can't decide if the pocket square or the driving gloves are the funniest part.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm the increasingly-nervous 29-year-old with a dresser full of graphic tees :ohdear:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

No Pants posted:

drat. If you're going to pay too much for a couch, at least go to Room & Board.

How much is an expensive couch? I've never heard of West Elm or Room & Board.

e: went to room & board. Some are expensive and some aren't bad but a lot of them don't look particularly comfortable.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 8, 2016

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

loquacius posted:

I'm the increasingly-nervous 29-year-old with a dresser full of graphic tees :ohdear:
29-crew represent! Never 30! 4 more years!

I ditched my graphic tees though save a few.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

loquacius posted:

Same.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
It could be some of those ridiculously expensive techwear hoodies but then that's just a totally different thing to make fun of.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

loquacius posted:

You can thank 35 year olds in affliction T shirts for that. Now they're all tarnished!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

affliction T shirts

you can pry my graphic shirts from my cold dead hands but jesus gently caress those are tacky

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I dropped graphic tees at 24 and I'm a girl. I think of them as teenager clothes.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

what are the opposite of graphics shirts, though? one color all over, with nothing on it?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

scrubs season six posted:

e: went to room & board. Some are expensive and some aren't bad but a lot of them don't look particularly comfortable.

My husband and I have started buying furniture from this small local place rather than big box stores. They carry a brand I really like called Gus*. It's significantly more expensive but the materials are so much better and the craftsmanship is amazing. I have a glider by them that I got for 1200 on sale from the store mentioned above. The sectionals from that brand are usually about 3 grand to start. I'd call the pretty costly.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

scrubs season six posted:

If it's expensive it doesn't mean it's good. If you want something to last you should look at spending $800 and above. The construction is so much more important than anything.

Brands to avoid: Bob's, Ashley, Ikea, West Elm, Restoration Hardware, Wayfair. They're okay for some other things but couches take a ton of abuse and need to be built with a shitload of reinforcement.

You basically throw yourself down and grind around on them constantly moving so you need glue and screws, corner blocking, a ton of reinforced springs, and corner padding.

Two quick tests you can do in the showroom is to pick up the side of the couch and rub the arm of the couch.

If it's surprisingly light don't buy it. If you can move the fabric in the armrest around like a jacket it's not secured. If you can feel the wood it's not padded.

Those things will tell you what you need to know about the interior of the couch and whether or not it's going to be creaking, sagging, and have wear marks/holes in the near future.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I was taking care of a fifteen year old girl for a few days who happened to be my clothing size and I sent her back to her foster mom with two bags of neon leggings and awful threadless tshirts and cutesy print tank tops I had hiding in the back of my closet

Sorry that girls foster mom who now has to look at her

Bonzo posted:

Welp, you wanted funny ones. Bolding is mine

My girlfriend [22F] of 5 years performed at an amateur night at the strip club without telling me [21M] beforehand

This is hilarious and it really depends on your sibling relationship whether it's creepy and weird or not. My step sister and I met as teen/young adult and I'm much more relaxed with her about this stuff than I am with my sibling I was raised with. Poor dude probably just wanted to watch.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

54 40 or gently caress posted:

My husband and I have started buying furniture from this small local place rather than big box stores. They carry a brand I really like called Gus*. It's significantly more expensive but the materials are so much better and the craftsmanship is amazing. I have a glider by them that I got for 1200 on sale from the store mentioned above. The sectionals from that brand are usually about 3 grand to start. I'd call the pretty costly.

Good furniture is worth it. If you're moving across country all the time or you don't have any money, then a combination of thrift and IKEA makes sense. But if you do have the money to invest in it, you can end up with pieces you'll have your entire life and don't shake down into wood dust when you haul them a few blocks. My folks have some heritage furniture that they still use which is from their grandparents; that won't be true of an IKEA Billy or a Lack.

For example, I got a sofa from Omnia and I expect to own it at least 15 years. Good 15 years of good sofa, probably re-sellable for a decent amount at the end if I'm fair to it. And it looks good in the meantime.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Imo you're never too old to wear a tye dye grateful dead shirt reeking of weed down to the bar

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

HardDiskD posted:

what are the opposite of graphics shirts, though? one color all over, with nothing on it?

Yeah man. Try Land's End super Tees and whatever brand polos you can get without a logo. T shirts aren't super flattering to any body type that isn't jacked as hell anyway, and polos require exactly the same amount of effort as a T shirt except people will tell you how nice you look.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Men's consignment shops are the way to go; men almost never buy clothes second-hand so they're insanely cheap for some of the best brands available. I've seen Armani button-downs for like $10.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah man. Try Land's End super Tees and whatever brand polos you can get without a logo. T shirts aren't super flattering to any body type that isn't jacked as hell anyway, and polos require exactly the same amount of effort as a T shirt except people will tell you how nice you look.

I really dislike how polos look. :(

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I watched a co-worker have a kid and transition entirely to a dad body with matching tucked in polos and a goatee. Now I cannot distinguish him from any middle aged man in the office from more than thirty feet away.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

I watched a co-worker have a kid and transition entirely to a dad body with matching tucked in polos and a goatee. Now I cannot distinguish him from any middle aged man in the office from more than thirty feet away.

I'm sorry R/childfree is that way

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
I have a goon friend who has a t-shirt with the dixie cup design. Whenever he wears the shirt, I see him as a really tall talking dixie cup.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Themata posted:

I have a goon friend who has a t-shirt with the dixie cup design. Whenever he wears the shirt, I see him as a really tall talking dixie cup.
I like seeing people with thick orange and white stripes because they look like the vlc logo.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Im that guy I still wear t shirts all the time and will never stop until I'm dead. Thankfully though I don't have dad bod, as I am not a dad.

I'm a toy-r-us kid.

Edit: it's also pretty moot as I'm the hardcore nudist person as referenced earlier, though not for some weird clothing makes me itch thing I'm just really really warm.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm sorry R/childfree is that way

did I hit a fat nerve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

having a kid is often harder on the dad bod than in the mom bod