Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
:toot: cleared all the stages~
And still 40k away from 1million fans. So there, getting all those Mikas takes <20kth rank level dedication.

Now where can I quickly gin up 40k fans, I wonder. Because I think if I see another combo-related goal I will cry. Even if TokyoEX gives you like 500 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Zenostein posted:

What even is that that you are trying to buy? Also how did it read 入 as ス google's usually better at that. Especially for y'know, screenshots…

Also I'm pretty sure I've never seen that option before but I love it. It says "continue buying," (apparently), and it lets you put down another of the thing.

:siren::siren::siren:No more going into that menu 10 times to buy all the ghosts~!!!!!!!!!!!:siren::siren::siren:

I mean, I guess you could use it for chairs or something too.

it was the snow-covered house backdrop. what ghosts

I just idolified kana and agree that she should have a voice

i got one mika so i am satisfied. was within 2000 points of a third miku but that took basically all my energy drinks

Hateheh
May 9, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

idol cloning is immoral

Can never have too much of a good thing imo.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

it was the snow-covered house backdrop. what ghosts

Ghosts were from hallowe'en, so you can't buy them now. Maybe next year.

Hateheh posted:

:yeah:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Hateheh posted:

wheres the good thing? :grin:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Hateheh posted:

A different take on Sweets Five

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Is this how this works?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

taser rates posted:

Is this how this works?

why clown car

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
checks out

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
She needs a not limited SSR

Alternate retort: nice Yui team

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what are the odds of the next limited time pulls including ami and mami should i save my 2500 gems

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

what are the odds of the next limited time pulls including ami and mami should i save my 2500 gems

In SS?

Sure, keep saving. By the time that happens you'll have infinite gems.

I wish I had enough Airis for to play along :(

Hopefully someone got her a fan or something for her birthday~

graybook posted:

why clown car

There's more there than you'd think because the game won't let you have five Kaedes on stage

e. alternate:

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 8, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is that not miki on polsy's team

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Alternate retort: nice Yui team

mou

Super No Vacancy posted:

is that not miki on polsy's team

Those are all cropped out of Cinderella Girls cards and edited into a real screenshot, 765Pro will never be in Starlight Stage unfortunately. They were only really in Cinderella Girls as a starter set to encourage existing fans to play it.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I can't believe you fibbed

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you monster

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Oh, well in that case, all's forgiven.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

I see your ROM hack of SS is progressing well.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how often are the time-exclusive gachas. like if i wanna see if the next one has anybody i like before doing a 10-pull am I gonna be waiting a month. or is a holiday one pretty much guaranteed after this one ends

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I'd assume there'll be a super-christmassy one in a week or so? I kinda wanna say there's a limited gacha every two-ish weeks, but I don't think that's quite right.
But I think the one after this one changes over (in about a half-hour?) should be limited. Maybe.

https://twitter.com/timonkomonko/status/806865884597714944

lol

e. That's the most fun I've had at a baseball-related anything ever. Go Cats~!

Also I would love a show that's just Suzu and Emi making up histories for people.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Dec 9, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this gacha stinks who are these bottom tier idols smh

edit: are the sleeping bags good diorama items, seems like a lotta high people level have sleeping bags in their offices

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 9, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Polsy posted:

The four idols (not Shimamu) in the 'the 5th anniversary' zone will I hope give you cards at the end of the event

phew

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

I was really worried when I looked in my present box and didn't see them. Luckily it was just a matter of fast-forwarding through the final commu of the event.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

more like 'a matter of finding the drat thing' I bet there was a button that didn't involve shuffling through the news until I found something for the right event…

Also I presume you had to actually unlock their lessons, which is why I only have ^‿^ scarf mayu, the superior option. Just as well, I need to bring myself to fuse away all those off-type normals I'll never actually use for anything.

Super No Vacancy posted:

this gacha stinks who are these bottom tier idols smh

edit: are the sleeping bags good diorama items, seems like a lotta high people level have sleeping bags in their offices

You mean the futons? Come in three colors? They're just cute. Plus what kind of monster would make their dear little puchis sleep on the floor? Oh, but I believe there was a christmas bed somewhere? Pretty sure that gave you a present, so maybe look out for that, unless I've made it up.

Also c'mon, Kaoru's kinda alright. Plus, there's a collateral Chie there!
:v Like i said, try again next week. Still, that's a shame. This time last year there was this excellent Kyoko and her cake. And eventually she even had a voice!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

more like 'a matter of finding the drat thing' I bet there was a button that didn't involve shuffling through the news until I found something for the right event…

Also I presume you had to actually unlock their lessons, which is why I only have ^‿^ scarf mayu, the superior option. Just as well, I need to bring myself to fuse away all those off-type normals I'll never actually use for anything.

The minimum was to fill all their first set of heart bars, which as you say unlocked the lessons.

Zenostein posted:

Oh, but I believe there was a christmas bed somewhere? Pretty sure that gave you a present, so maybe look out for that, unless I've made it up.

Yeah, they did that last year, seems like something they'd do again.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the song where i thought they say c'est mika is HIFI DAYS and in the commu thing they have one where mika sings even though i guess its not her song. anyway you cant find youtubes of these things without like nude hax wtf

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I didnt see a christmas bed but I'm up to the silver piggy bank

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Oh. I was looking from the top page, not the studio. Whoops.

Super No Vacancy posted:

the song where i thought they say c'est mika is HIFI DAYS and in the commu thing they have one where mika sings even though i guess its not her song. anyway you cant find youtubes of these things without like nude hax wtf

Mika likes children, so of course she'd sneak into that one. Also Columbia is really on point about removing certain IMAS stuff. Like, there's an entire covermaster channel that's just covers from the radio shows, and seasonal albums that are fine. But some songs are just NG. Unless you're into chiptunes.

Get the piggy bank, it'll make you more money. I think like +5%? They stack, too. And the bed was I guess specifically 2015's bed. Complete with flashing red text. It's under TV>雑貨, for what that's worth.

Thank god it's just a Kaoru gacha, though. I need more space for all the crap I've bought for my room.
As much as I like them, I don't think my army of ghost plushes and ghost nightlights quite gel with the christmas room…

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Also Columbia is really on point about removing certain IMAS stuff. Like, there's an entire covermaster channel that's just covers from the radio shows, and seasonal albums that are fine. But some songs are just NG. Unless you're into chiptunes.

The real secret is to not live anywhere where YouTube Red is available

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, if I really wanted to watch that on youtube, I'd just find a proxy site. Or use niconico and hope they don't force the html5 player on me (because without a quality selector, that's just going to break my poo poo)

Last year's christmas stuff kinda clashes pretty fiercely with this years :( I just wanted my puchis to have a nice dinner to go with the multiple fireplaces…

Also a non-turtle kotatsu would be nice. Maybe a nice maroon or something?

I think Shin has a circulation problem or something, she's glued to things with fires in them.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Die.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

But that's only a R Nico :confused:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I've had that same goddamn R nico taking up space in my member list for months. It's awful.

Now that I've touched it for a bit, Idol Jihen is weird. Most of that is the split screen, which isn't too bad on easier difficulties but I swear for it to work right you'd have to be cockeyed or something. Also it's been ages since I've played an idolgame where you don't actually collect idols, just stuff for them. I wonder if there's any benefit to evenly leveling them all…? Also, it's a bit annoying that every outfit piece is tied to a specific idol, even generic stuff like 'type'-colored practice clothes.

The mobage battling system is kinda nice, though. You get to look at little 3d dolls in the awful goddamn mess the automatic outfit selector puts them in (assuming you wanted to win, of course) while it decides whose numbers are bigger. Also, the little bits of the story segments I've managed to probably mostly understand are kinda funny. I think someone stole all the [something from satsuma, a fish fry I think?] and mentaiko (which I guess is caviar of some sort?). Good thing they are idols AND government workers~ Surely they will get to the bottom of this.

Still, needing to grind/get lucky with drops to have a high enough appeal to clear the first song on normal is a bit rough. Also kinda silly: you can put it into a '2D' mode, but that looks for all the world like a freeze-frame of the same 3d models, only now nothing is moving. Pretty 'eh.'

Oh, but there's 「アイピク」which becomes "iPic" once you open it — it's that SMS/SNS section some idol games have that usually doesn't really do anything~ You know, in case you wanted more little pictures of the lil' dollies. It's cute enough, I guess.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I haven't seen any benefit to levelling each idol, though when you use two idols a certain amount it pops up a 'unit story' for them so it's not completely pointless to put them in. I never noticed the 2D option for songs but it sounds like I wasn't missing much.

I just found the button to rank up idols, so that's progress (it's another incremental score multiplier, and skill level increase)

Also what's your friend code, I guess I'm 4D653DD3

but yeah, it seems a little silly when they look literally identical that they're only for this idol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i want more energy

i got a rare tomoka but before i deleted this game when i didnt really figure out what i was doing a totally got a super rare sweaty cheerleader tomoka from a single draw

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

i want more energy

i got a rare tomoka but before i deleted this game when i didnt really figure out what i was doing a totally got a super rare sweaty cheerleader tomoka from a single draw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJdMjRHRLfg

Polsy posted:

I haven't seen any benefit to levelling each idol, though when you use two idols a certain amount it pops up a 'unit story' for them so it's not completely pointless to put them in. I never noticed the 2D option for songs but it sounds like I wasn't missing much.

I just found the button to rank up idols, so that's progress (it's another incremental score multiplier, and skill level increase)

Also what's your friend code, I guess I'm 4D653DD3

but yeah, it seems a little silly when they look literally identical that they're only for this idol

So long as I don't look at their profiles, I'll just tell myself they're all different sizes. I kinda think the units are a thing, rather than happenstance, though. …Although given how few idols they have, it doesn't much matter. At least, that was my impression based on the second unit option for the rhythm section, since it was insistent on (in my case) Space girl and uh… that brunette and then one guest; and they're also sorta glued together by chapter 1's story. But like I said, I glanced in the unit stories section and it kinda looked like they just had something for every pair.

My ID is B4D03B7A Incidentally (and obnoxiously), that's case-sensitive.

Also since I looked at your card — hahaha they called the highest difficulty "Incident!"

e. There we go, Normal & higher have definite, noticeable, "gently caress you we're ignoring that tap"lag. And the medium quality setting changes absolutely nothing so far as I can see

This is 2d.

See what I mean about them still being 3d? The only difference is they stay like that.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201612110006.html

Poor Kawashima Mizuki.