Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Pook Good Mook posted:

If you want devestated kids that think they've pulled off a legendary upset, have I got a clip for you.

The devestated announcers are just a bonus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg

Can you imagine being a 15 year old kid and hearing an adult on TV saying "I want to throw up" after you win a game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
http://i.imgur.com/K8j1AuQ.mp4

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

:science:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Was that a half A press or full?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Professor Wayne posted:

Can you imagine being a 15 year old kid and hearing an adult on TV saying "I want to throw up" after you win a game?

I couldn't tell who the schadenfreude was on. I mean the other team blowing a huge lead looked pretty schadenfruity, but the announcers seemed so happy and...oh, yeah. Right there with 30 seconds to go.

That was beautiful.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

They're the local access sportscasters for the team that lost's town, why the gently caress would anyone from Tyler care

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The announcer is an idiot because he just witnessed a team go up and down the field 3 times in less than 3 minutes, is it really that unlikely for it to happen again?

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
An indictment is not a conviction, but I'll take what I can get. Sandy Hook Truther Arrested for Threatening Parent of Shooting Victim

There's a linked article on one of the parents of a Sandy Hook child who was shot who went after a bunch of truthers which is pretty schaden-y too.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I am sorry, but at this point I have lost track of what the hell kind of "truth" Sandy Hook Truthers are aiming for. They think it was a false flag thing to illegitimize gun ownership? Was that them?

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

Someone on my fb posted pictures of the same "actress" at the last couple shootings. Don't know what the end point being 'proven' was, but that's some kind of crazy.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

marshmallow creep posted:

I am sorry, but at this point I have lost track of what the hell kind of "truth" Sandy Hook Truthers are aiming for. They think it was a false flag thing to illegitimize gun ownership? Was that them?

false flags take ur guns

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I know people here in the Netherlands of all places who are deep into sandy hook truther poo poo. We're not even allowed to own guns generally here :psyduck:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

FCKGW posted:

false flags take ur guns

The gov’t is evil enough to take your guns, but not evil enough to actually shoot some kids.

Competent enough to fool most of the world with their theatrics, but not competent enough to pass gun control legislation.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Pretty much. I'm surprised us LIEBERALS haven't succeeded in taking all the guns yet what with all these fake shootings we're setting up.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Platystemon posted:

The gov’t is evil enough to take your guns, but not evil enough to actually shoot some kids.

Competent enough to fool most of the world with their theatrics, but not competent enough to pass gun control legislation.

You'd think that if their fictionalized government was competent enough to pull off these false flags so often, they'd stop using the same actors over and over.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

You'd think that if their fictionalized government was competent enough to pull off these false flags so often, they'd stop using the same actors over and over.

That's one of my favorite debunks of any crazy worldwide conspiracy theory. If there actually was some shadowy organization manipulating global policy Metal Gear Solid Philosophers style, 1) Do you really think they'd get caught by some random internet dumbass and 2) What do you think they would do to some loser in a doublewide who was exposing all their secrets on Facebook?

Oh gently caress this one guy in Indiana is exposing us for causing 9/11. Welp, pack it in my fellow Illuminati, we had a good run :(

Of course, we never get to hear about it whenever someone stumbles upon an actual conspiracy... :tinfoil:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

whodatwhere posted:

Someone on my fb posted pictures of the same "actress" at the last couple shootings. Don't know what the end point being 'proven' was, but that's some kind of crazy.

What they managed to prove is they can't tell white people apart.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dewgy posted:

What they managed to prove is they can't tell white people apart.

I didn't realise they were a goon as well.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

chitoryu12 posted:

Or that they'd realize its WAY cheaper to hire a crazy man to shoot up the school rather than train and pay the literal hundreds/thousands of people it would take to pull of a conspiracy like Sandy Hook. No wonder our national debt is so bad.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Earlier today I was at Costco waiting for my mom and there was a big display of pump bottles of lotion. One was off to the side and opened so I assumed it was a tester and put some on my hands...it wasn't lotion. It was conditioner. I stood in the aisle and slathered conditioner all over my drat hands like an idiot.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Stex T posted:

Look at him stunting down the field like a punk. Literally no class.

No one thinks that, he's white.

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

Dienes posted:

Or that they'd realize its WAY cheaper to hire a crazy man to shoot up the school rather than train and pay the literal hundreds/thousands of people it would take to pull of a conspiracy like Sandy Hook. No wonder our national debt is so bad.

Or how the Bush administration was so good that they were able to orchestrate the 9/11 attacks, pay off the thousands of people, businesses, and media organisations, and not have anybody change their minds about telling the truth in 15+ years...and yet they were unable to "find" a single weapon of mass destruction in Iraq? Like nobody even got caught trying to plant one.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If anyone has any self-awareness at all in the country at large I hope this whole "transition team" debacle illustrates to them that the presidential administration is no more nor no less competent in general than Your lovely Office.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Data Graham posted:

If anyone has any self-awareness at all in the country at large I hope this whole "transition team" debacle illustrates to them that the presidential administration is no more nor no less competent in general than Your lovely Office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiG0AE8zdTU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dienes posted:

They can't believe that's a possibility cause it means guns are bad (a lone nut can kill lots of people). The entire point of their bonkers conspiracy is that guns/gun culture can literally never be in the wrong ever.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

They can't believe that's a possibility cause it means guns are bad (a lone nut can kill lots of people). The entire point of their bonkers conspiracy is that guns/gun culture can literally never be in the wrong ever.

It's even simpler than that: a carefully orchestrated mass murder operation means people who don't do anything to deserve being killed don't just arbitrarily die because of things (re: a nut with a gun) that were absolutely beyond their control.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I can't help but feel the real schaden is on the people that have to drive that area every day. Just going along on your daily commute, then, "Goddammit, another idiot?!" and traffic's all hosed up again for a while.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/bjdncIk.gifv

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Puppy Time posted:

I can't help but feel the real schaden is on the people that have to drive that area every day. Just going along on your daily commute, then, "Goddammit, another idiot?!" and traffic's all hosed up again for a while.

They really should add in a second sensor and sign right before the bridge that puts out a snarky message if anything oversize is still stupid enough to try driving through.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

They really should add in a second sensor and sign right before the bridge that puts out a snarky message if anything oversize is still stupid enough to try driving through.

They should install fireworks that go off when some idiot drives into the bridge so it's even more entertaining.

Or drive an oversized fireworks truck into the bridge. I don't care which.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
For some interesting politi-freude that popped recently, Million Dollar Extreme - World Peace was cancelled by Adult Swim after one season for being alt-right. Reasons for cancellation stem from stuff like hiding swastikas in the background of the show and outright assault of random people.

The creator, Sam Hyde, has gone off the deep end, and blames practically everyone for his current blackballing. Fans of the show, as you'd expect a bunch of alt-right wingnuts to do, are sending death threats and doxxing people who Sam Hyde implicated as responsible.

I don't know what I can really say about it, to be honest. The existence of these crazy alt-right dudes and their propensity for doing stupid poo poo on the internet makes me sad, I guess. Really sad.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

^That is not the same trumpgrets as the tumblr that collects these things. Totally different people.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sestze posted:

For some interesting politi-freude that popped recently, Million Dollar Extreme - World Peace was cancelled by Adult Swim after one season for being alt-right. Reasons for cancellation stem from stuff like hiding swastikas in the background of the show and outright assault of random people.

Comedy!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
don't stand on train tracks to take a selfie

http://www.up.com/aboutup/community/inside_track/selfie-tragedy-12-7-2016.htm

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
at a local bank branch

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

the sexual Shiite posted:

at a local bank branch

put heavy poo poo in the truck this seems pretty simple to solve

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

put heavy poo poo in the truck this seems pretty simple to solve

Deflating the tires a bit should also do the job

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Deflating the tires a bit should also do the job

Like tell them they look bad in black or that they're bad singers?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

This article owns. I like the fact that it spends more time on the train engineers these brain donors emotionally scarred for life than the actual idiots who got themselves killed. Plus the selfie with the oncoming train headlight :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Well yeah, it's a magazine for the railroad. Naturally it's from the engineers' POV.

Props where due, though: that's a really loving well made photo