Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
*checks current Valentine temp*

-17C?????

gently caress that, stay inside and stay warm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Alternatively set an enormous fire and warm up the air a bit.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

*checks current Valentine temp*

-17C?????

gently caress that, stay inside and stay warm

Seriously dude, don't gently caress with colds/flus/sinus infections/coughing or snorting up chunks of cosmoline/cigarette habits/subfreezing weather. Burning Jeeps in the front yard is one thing and easily fixed with a towtruck, a rake, and some goodwill but pneumonia + complications, required medical care, etc. starts racking up costs and favors that probably go beyond cool internet car friends levels of support!

Stay inside and drink goonsourced bourbon for a few days until you've beaten the bug and are raring to go again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Stay inside and drink goonsourced bourbon for a few days until you've beaten the bug and are raring to go again.

This sounds horrifying

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Alternatively set an enormous fire and warm up the air a bit.

I'm helping by facing my butt toward Nebraska and lighting my farts.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Hey, Look, I know you have this truck looming your head like a black cloud of salvation, we are all watching, we want to see, we want to lie vicariously through you, well, no, I dont, I think you are rad, and I REALLY understand whyyou are doing this, I think at this point most of dont care abut the truck, we care about you, we want to see you happy and warm in Floridia and away from this mess, it will be what it will be. Take a nap, drink a hot toddy, and pound some sudafed, we can all wait. Dont die. It will be weak and dissapoint us all the more. Rest dude. We care.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Deteriorata posted:

I'm helping by facing my butt toward Nebraska and lighting my farts.

Butterfly effect. Either it warms up or another vehicle in danno's compound combusts.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

stevobob posted:

Butterfly effect. Either it warms up or another vehicle in danno's compound combusts.

They never stop combusting. Some just do it faster than others :science:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
-15°F with wind chill according to the cable guy today lol let's get some work done

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You're gonna LOVE Florida :v:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Well now that you're awake this is a bit dated but whatevs

Thought you could use some more encouragement in the form of something that didn't make you poo poo violently/uncontrollably.

In all seriousness man just take a bit to rest and recover. Fury Road will be a lonely place if you're a 14" dicksicle frozen in place in a field in Nebraska with a smoke in one hand and a socket wrench in the other

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ahahahahs

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Aaaand that's gettng sent to everyone

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
:captainpop:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hopefully I just printed out the last of the diagrams I need to sort this motherfucker out because I'm running on fumes physically and emotionally and I'm out of loving time.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Dude - don't gently caress with pneumonia if you are going in that direction. We're all rooting for you, but be safe!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Well now that you're awake this is a bit dated but whatevs

Thought you could use some more encouragement in the form of something that didn't make you poo poo violently/uncontrollably.

In all seriousness man just take a bit to rest and recover. Fury Road will be a lonely place if you're a 14" dicksicle frozen in place in a field in Nebraska with a smoke in one hand and a socket wrench in the other

That was beautiful, man, though I'm afraid I shall have to take issue with your choice of Good Book. Clearly, Tercels have no V8, and therefore are Godless. They can be brought to the fold, with much fabrication, but they are doomed to hell, stock. Also, the one true Word is always the Factory Service Manual. Chilton's is a populist tripe interpretation for the lowest common denominator.

edit: 14", don't freeze anything important.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
only got frostbite on my diiiiiiiiiiiiiick

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

14 BAR RIFF posted:

With that much surface area I'm not surprised

edit: Darchangel I actually had to text a friend to ask what "that book you use to tear down an engine is" and he shot back a list and I picked one.

I do radio, man, not cars.

edit2: 14 GO REST YOU NUMBSKULL DON'T DIE OF PNEUMONIA THIS CLOSE TO THE END. YOU HAVE PERFECTLY GOOD ANIME MAGAZINES TO READ WHILE YOU RECOVER

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 8, 2016

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Lol

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

14 DEGREE DILZ

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
-14° DICKCICLE

Also good god man, stay warm. We don't need any more lost fingats (or dilz).

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Current work jam

https://youtu.be/HEDhG4geumM

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

With that much surface area I'm not surprised

edit: Darchangel I actually had to text a friend to ask what "that book you use to tear down an engine is" and he shot back a list and I picked one.

I do radio, man, not cars.

No worries, still an inspired bit. Just giving you poo poo.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Well, in Valentine they say, that Fourteen's fluid-filled lungs shrunk three sizes that day. And then the true meaning of Wrenchmas came through, and Fourteen got frostbite on his penis, plus two.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Hey, 14, how are you feeling, by the way? The past few days you seemed to be knocking on Death's door. However you now appear to be leaving flaming bags of dog poo on their doorstep instead. On the mend?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

19 o'clock posted:

Hey, 14, how are you feeling, by the way? The past few days you seemed to be knocking on Death's door. However you now appear to be leaving flaming bags of dog poo on their doorstep instead. On the mend?

https://youtu.be/zLHtxRzu6KQ

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Dear Lord...

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Isn't this the warmest it is going to be for 3 months?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Elephanthead posted:

Isn't this the warmest it is going to be for 3 months?
Probabilityo so I'm taking inspiration from this and plugging away

https://youtu.be/d6dycCqqZS0

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Seems like Nebraska, as a whole, reads this as direction for each day:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The concept of it being -10C and completely clear just fucks with my brain. Especially at midday. I've only ever been in -10C once and gently caress that poo poo.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The concept of it being -10C and completely clear just fucks with my brain. Especially at midday. I've only ever been in -10C once and gently caress that poo poo.

You'd never make it in Ohio. There have been times that we've been so far below 0*F (-18* of your moon units), that warming UP to that point feels really good.

Hell, I just picked up my girl at the bus stop in short sleeves, and it's -5C here right now.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Was a bright, sunny -2F here in Minneapolis today! Granted that was with the windchill but still, it's nearly properly cold around here now and it's swell.

In 2 hours or so, I'm gonna be all bundled up in my overalls on my back under a van to see why it won't start! :buddy: I'm 99% sure it's cuz there's ice in the fuel lines and it got there because the filler neck is busted and allowed moisture in to the tank and well there ya go.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Today it's a high of -20'C before windchill and we don't have snow falling, because it's too cold for the clouds to provide snow.

It is perfectly clear and blue skies.

Outside of the heat island that is my city, it is minus 40 with windchill, which is not enough to close a public school. They go to optional recess at that point, with the kids deciding whether they want to play inside today.

I am sorry that you have to rely on other creatures to experience the thrill of near death that I get just from stepping outside of my house and trying to scrape my windshield. We don't even have it all that bad because I can still start my car without plugging it in, though my blower motor didn't want to spin up this morning until the car had been running for a few minutes.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 8, 2016

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

It's 35F here in N. Texas, and I hate it. Y'all can keep that below freezing bullshit.
Still going to have to get out in it soon to replace the leaking oil cooler lines on my Crown Vic.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

gently caress that sub zero poo poo, I'll stick to cycling in cool of the evening when it's gone down to 39C

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Darchangel posted:

It's 35F here in N. Texas, and I hate it. Y'all can keep that below freezing bullshit.
Still going to have to get out in it soon to replace the leaking oil cooler lines on my Crown Vic.

I've been running the heat when the house hits 65, and not going outside because it's in the 50s.

All three people who came to buy parts today had hoodies or carhart jackets on.

SoCal is spoiled.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
We have injector pulse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Heartbeat detected doctor, next inflate breathing apparatus at 21% oxygen

• Locked thread