Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
You know what game has good normals, throws, zoning, and invincible meterless reversals??????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS2GRyc0WvQ&t=26s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

My point was that the Capcom has to make all these strange changes because for some reason they decided to make a game with poo poo normals and no zoning.

OK but that's the opposite of what an anime fighter is

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
How do you manage to take the fun out of hating SF5

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

You know what game has good normals, throws, zoning, and invincible meterless reversals??????
http://i.imgur.com/B8cErGv.gifv

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

SO WHENYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GONNA FIXYA GAME CAPCOOOHM

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwi-EZYO0TI&t=933s

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS2GRyc0WvQ&t=26s

I see this guy's vids everywhere on my related vids and have never watched one

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jack Trades posted:

Come on, Capcom! Just add air-dashing and air-blocking already so that I can write off the series completely.
Because SFV sure as hell is slowly but surely devolving into an anime fighter.

Capcom even went out of their way to secure the Jack Trades audience. :(

Btw, I asked this before but it was pretty retardedly phrased. What does Ken's b.mp from 4 -> 5 frames mean for the character?

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

I see this guy's vids everywhere on my related vids and have never watched one

I'm pretty sure that dude is a gamer gater

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its really sad to me when i see manchildren on youtube in front of an alphabetized game shelf

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

yeah, they should be ordered by series and developer instead

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

AlphaOmegaSin is better than every other angry youtube white dude just because he produced at the very least 3 seconds of agreeable content.

Which is the part I linked.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ROFL Octopus posted:

Capcom even went out of their way to secure the Jack Trades audience. :(

Btw, I asked this before but it was pretty retardedly phrased. What does Ken's b.mp from 4 -> 5 frames mean for the character?

that you can't jab into target combo

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Real hurthling! posted:

that you can't jab into target combo

What's the frame data on Crush Counter run cancel?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Evil Canadian posted:

So what who cares this is for a crush counter situation. If you are trying to anti air with cr hp instead of j.mk you are already doing it wrong.

I've thought about what you said and instead of trying to size up a anti air with hk or cr hp I should be neutral jumping with j mk? if that's the case it's working in silver. I knew that attack was a powerful tool but its hitting at all kinds of angles.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...ire-re-release/

Although people here would argue even the gameplay is garbo, it's interesting to see someone with a financial interest in SFV say this about the game.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

marvel 3 isn't a game that makes me think of strong meterless invincible reversals

does anyone even have them besides the shotos and haggar?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Evil Canadian posted:

re: input delay

https://twitter.com/XianMSG/status/806306739280719872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If true input delay now less than sf4(sf4 was 5f). Although i'd wait on patch notes before saying its gospel.

The tweet no longer exists, anyone know what this said?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Night Blade posted:

The tweet no longer exists, anyone know what this said?

It said input delay was now 4f

e: which id be very skeptical of since no one else even mentioned this

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 8, 2016

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

ROFL Octopus posted:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...ire-re-release/

Although people here would argue even the gameplay is garbo, it's interesting to see someone with a financial interest in SFV say this about the game.

In the video one of them says he wants to be able to say it is a good game without putting a bunch of conditions on that statement

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
Most folks with skin in the game are really careful not to talk poo poo about the gameplay. talking poo poo about basically everything else is fair game since it's got nothing to do with opinion, it's objective reality that everything other than the gameplay in this is total poo poo. the gameplay being total poo poo is subjective but its as subjective as something like "stalin was a bad guy"

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

dhamster posted:

In the video one of them says he wants to be able to say it is a good game without putting a bunch of conditions on that statement

Yeah I agree with that 100%. I'm not looking for reasons to hate the game, in fact there are aspects that I really like. But even on the most basic of basic levels I think Capcom is completely tone-deaf. For instance, I don't think that Capcom will ever fix Ken's face nor his bananas clipping through his shoulder blade on the select screen, even though he's the one character guaranteed to always show up.

e: and that's not hyperbole, Ken is always the default player 2

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I mean Ultradavid also has that whole "being an attorney" thing to fall back on, just in case the "being a videogame commentator basically for free" thing doesn't work out.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Brosnan posted:

I mean Ultradavid also has that whole "being an attorney" thing to fall back on, just in case the "being a videogame commentator basically for free" thing doesn't work out.

Certainly, he can earn a decent chunk of change from being an attorney, but for 1/2 of the FGC's most famous commentary duo, him pretty much saying that SFV isn't doing jack poo poo to bring in newcomers is noteworthy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Brosnan posted:

He should starts a class action lawsuit against Capcom aka CRAPcom

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Zand posted:

Most folks with skin in the game are really careful not to talk poo poo about the gameplay. talking poo poo about basically everything else is fair game since it's got nothing to do with opinion, it's objective reality that everything other than the gameplay in this is total poo poo. the gameplay being total poo poo is subjective but its as subjective as something like "stalin was a bad guy"

I genuinely like the gameplay, there's just not much to actually explore outside of matches; I can do training mode for 10 minutes with Ken and be up to date on literally any technical knowledge he requires so that gets pretty boring. That + all the ridiculous problems with UI and online turned me off.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why homogenize characters instead of fixing the issue that led to "oppressive dps" (lol). the game needs more interesting thing to explore, not more railroading into obvious predesigned options.

I could honestly get over my issues with stubby pokes, bad throws and almost non-existent zoning if there was there was some meat to sink into.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 8, 2016

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Having some combos besides jab jab special would be nice

Like a fighting game of some kind

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
ST has really simple bnbs but it's still fun af

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

ST has a lot of combo variety and a big range between easy and simple and hard and complex.

SF5 has Combos Everyone Does All The Time On Every Character Because They're The Best And Also Easy

with the exception of Chun-Li who has a couple of tricky ones.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
My god I played as Birdie vs. Chun li that loved pressing buttons match this morning and I've never felt a more lopsided match up in this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

ST has really simple bnbs but it's still fun af

Its fun because random normals do like 30% damage

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My god I played as Birdie vs. Chun li that loved pressing buttons match this morning and I've never felt a more lopsided match up in this game.

Dhalsim v necali is pretty brutal too

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Necalli is a piece of poo poo all day every day, I might have debased myself and started playing Ken but I will never stoop that low.

Edit: I hate that F.Champ was playing out of his mind at CapCup vs. Haitani and still ate poo poo. Making that fight look even took so much skill.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 8, 2016

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

In Training posted:

Its fun because random normals do like 30% damage

footsies are good because walkspeed and you dont need combos to do damage, just a few good hits.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Intel&Sebastian posted:

SFIV Hawk vs Blanka is the most infuriating matchup I've ever played

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
So who's the best Nitroplus Blasterer?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

So who's the best Nitroplus Blasterer?

one character fights with a horde of cats so its pretty obvious

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The one who has a super where you manually target a sniper rifle is also cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
The best thing about ST is that it has links that won't work if you start the combo on the wrong frame because it doesn't poll inputs on skipped frames.