Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lunethex posted:

It will probably happen, but as it stands they got buffed. The power attacks do much more damage. I predict Sienna getting nerfed again after making her supremely powerful in Phase 2.

What was different about her in phase 2 compared to phase 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Digirat posted:

What was different about her in phase 2 compared to phase 1?

The Bolt Staff became about as powerful as before, while all her weapons got at least the 1h weapon buff and the Longsword got additional buffs along with the Arming Sword.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mEayrmYm5Y

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Athel Loren is a hosed up place and everything that comes out of it is weird and wrong.

Checks out.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

I expected as much, Elf!

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
If I'm getting an endless loop of "Failed to create Steam lobby" I'm guessing that means there's a problem with the servers on Steam's end, rather than something wrong with this game that was working flawlessly 18 hours ago?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zephro posted:

If I'm getting an endless loop of "Failed to create Steam lobby" I'm guessing that means there's a problem with the servers on Steam's end, rather than something wrong with this game that was working flawlessly 18 hours ago?

I'm getting the same and the Steam forum is full of people complaining about it, too.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

You can get to the inn after clicking accept but there's no games to be found in the matchmaker.

Very puzzling.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Whoever chose today's quests needs a goddamn slap.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The failed to create lobby thing stopped for me now, so seemingly was just weird morning issues.

Also I don't get it, Wheat and Chaff is ezpz and NM White Rat even with a grim isn't too horrible.

Woops, yeah the payouts suck today. The hood you JUST got for free or another boring elf hood, hmmmmm.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 8, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Yesterday's quests were junk, too. I finally got around to completing my Charm of the Hedge Wizard quest and now I have nothing worth putting keys toward. If quests are going to be garbage for days at a time let me bank keys at least. i.e., an appreciable amount, not 2 keys plus a slot to keep questing for colorful rocks.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 8, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sykic posted:

Whoever chose today's quests needs a goddamn slap.

Which color hoody do YOU want to spend days working towards for your pretty elf?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Ever since reds came out I have only worn that one for Kerillian. It's the most dignified of all :effort: as gently caress headgears they made for her.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Yardbomb posted:

The failed to create lobby thing stopped for me now, so seemingly was just weird morning issues.
OK. Still happening for me, I guess I'll just sit it out. I was mainly curious to see what today's quests were anyway. If they're poo poo I guess I just won't bother.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Somebody made a mod that includes a couple community additions and some of his own in a big AI Fix for Vermintide.

Features include :
- Saltzpyre bot.
- Pick up tagged grimoires/tomes/potions/bombs, with sanity checks (bot not having one already, players already having potions/bombs, reasonable distance limits, etc)
- Slightly improved logic on choosing whether to normal/charged attack, most noticeable with the Glaive.
- Slightly improved aiming speed of bots.
- Bots will stick closer to players during large hordes.
- Bots will trade back potions/bombs they picked up to nearby players who have none. (Bombs only work on 1.5)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqzNqpBEHFc

This mod is nothing short of loving incredible. The Bots are 100% sticking close to me all the time, they are fighting way better for it, and they are not lone soldiering every single solitary rat that wants lunch. They are picking up tomes & grims properly (too much health pickups around can be problematic though for tomes), potions, and bombs and will hand off potions (and later bombs when 1.5 hits) when you don't have any. They also don't spend 500 years just waiting for their charge attacks to wind up all the way. The game is perfect now.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

Lunethex posted:

Somebody made a mod that includes a couple community additions and some of his own in a big AI Fix for Vermintide.

Features include :
- Saltzpyre bot.
- Pick up tagged grimoires/tomes/potions/bombs, with sanity checks (bot not having one already, players already having potions/bombs, reasonable distance limits, etc)
- Slightly improved logic on choosing whether to normal/charged attack, most noticeable with the Glaive.
- Slightly improved aiming speed of bots.
- Bots will stick closer to players during large hordes.
- Bots will trade back potions/bombs they picked up to nearby players who have none. (Bombs only work on 1.5)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqzNqpBEHFc

This mod is nothing short of loving incredible. The Bots are 100% sticking close to me all the time, they are fighting way better for it, and they are not lone soldiering every single solitary rat that wants lunch. They are picking up tomes & grims properly (too much health pickups around can be problematic though for tomes), potions, and bombs and will hand off potions (and later bombs when 1.5 hits) when you don't have any. They also don't spend 500 years just waiting for their charge attacks to wind up all the way. The game is perfect now.

woah, thanks for this. I didn't even know you could mod it. Was just hopping in the thread to get some ideas to spew at my friend to make him buy it and play it with me.

edit: so where do I download the mod? The youtube says he's not putting it up yet as he's trying to remove 'cheat' features :|

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I'll prepare a folder of Lupo's modpack that gets rid of all the cheats and hotkeys and just applies the bot fixes. I'm getting hit with "Failed to create Steam lobby" loops now though so I can't make sure it's not crashing at the moment.

Edit: Ok done. This works just fine. You'll know it works when you start a map and see Victor Saltzpyre as a bot instead of Sienna.

Just drag and drop everything to the folder shown. I left one option in the modpack which enables cutscene skip so you don't have to wait on the camera pans when a map begins. You can toggle that with CTRL-SHIFT-K or going into the Options menu in-game, he added his own tab for mod options. In the future if the game updates and the game crashes on start-up, or you just want to not mod anymore, delete vermintideconsole.dll and dinput8.dll.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 11, 2016

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
It's me, I'm the guy who gets owned on the white rat in ever more elaborate ways.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Tardcore posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who gets owned on the white rat in ever more elaborate ways.

<text>

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm really not sure why the witch hunter is at the end of the bot order instead of the wizard anyway, considering that she barely knows how to use the primary feature of the class

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Saltzpyre is OP as poo poo, that's why. In my case, he primarily uses the alt fire on the Volley Bow. He has infinite ammo of course.

I watched him fire 3 shots into a horde, whip out his Rapier to stab a Stormvermin, then give me a potion after he successfully dealt with all the heresy surrounding himself.

Optimistic Puma
Aug 7, 2007
Where did the seagulls take my sister?
I'm pretty new to Steam multiplayer. How do I join up with goons already in game?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

In the Steam window just click the little arrows next to people's names and you can Join or Invite them to game instantly, but make sure to ask first if there's a lot of people present.

wow this steam lobby fail thing has destroyed the game

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 8, 2016

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yup, still toast after several hours.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Digirat posted:

We use goonintide steam chat and then 10% of the time remember to use the mumble

e: We actually need a vermintide room with the new CTS server. We've had to usurp payday 2 rooms for now.

Neb told me you guys were talking about it, so I made a Vermintide channel and two subchannels. If you guys need more and/or a channel mod let me know.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
is anyone else experiencing really bad lag in the regular servers?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Will they ever fix the conflag rune grafixxx glitch

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
One of my friends has a sound glitch where he constantly hears a squishy gurguling noise while carrying a grim, even when a weapon is equipped. Is this fixable? Normally it wasn't a problem since he wouldn't pick them up, but last night he rolled a orange grim trinket ahahaha.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Both the above bugs are fixed in the beta so unless fatshark forgets how to use version control again they will be fixed in the DLC patch

automaticswim posted:

Neb told me you guys were talking about it, so I made a Vermintide channel and two subchannels. If you guys need more and/or a channel mod let me know.

Thanks for this!

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Lunethex posted:

I'll prepare a folder of Lupo's modpack that gets rid of all the cheats and hotkeys and just applies the bot fixes. I'm getting hit with "Failed to create Steam lobby" loops now though so I can't make sure it's not crashing at the moment.

Edit: Ok done. This works just fine. You'll know it works when you start a map and see Victor Saltzpyre as a bot instead of Sienna.

Just drag and drop everything to the folder shown. I left one option in the modpack which enables cutscene skip so you don't have to wait on the camera pans when a map begins. You can toggle that with CTRL-SHIFT-K or going into the Options menu in-game, he added his own tab for mod options. In the future if the game updates and the game crashes on start-up, or you just want to not mod anymore, delete vermintideconsole.dll and dinput8.dll.

Does installing this prevent you playing with people on Steam who don't have it, or anything like that? Quite keen to give it a try

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Drag, drop, play, have fun. Anybody can join, there are no problems :)

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Lunethex posted:

Drag, drop, play, have fun. Anybody can join, there are no problems :)
Awesome, thanks. One final question: will I be banned for cheating? :ohdear: I'm guessing not...

Actually one other question - I have an exotic BW longsword and an exotic BW flaming sword, both with decent traits. I'm looking at the damage spreadsheet and the longsword seems better in almost every respect, except that none of the fire sword's numbers account for the DoT. Does anyone know how much damage that does?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zephro posted:

Awesome, thanks. One final question: will I be banned for cheating? :ohdear: I'm guessing not...

Actually one other question - I have an exotic BW longsword and an exotic BW flaming sword, both with decent traits. I'm looking at the damage spreadsheet and the longsword seems better in almost every respect, except that none of the fire sword's numbers account for the DoT. Does anyone know how much damage that does?

The real difference is the flaming sword has a faster light combo. The DoT is negligable. Flaming Sword vs. Longsword is mostly a matter of taste and getting good at getting a couple heads per sweep with the Longsword.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Night10194 posted:

The real difference is the flaming sword has a faster light combo. The DoT is negligable. Flaming Sword vs. Longsword is mostly a matter of taste and getting good at getting a couple heads per sweep with the Longsword.
OK, thanks, I'll play around with them. If the DoT is negligible that feels like another strike in the longsword's favour, though, as the flaming sword adds a lot of visual poo poo to the scene.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

You are not going to be banned.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zephro posted:

OK, thanks, I'll play around with them. If the DoT is negligible that feels like another strike in the longsword's favour, though, as the flaming sword adds a lot of visual poo poo to the scene.

Yeah, I generally prefer the longsword and its 'take 3 rat heads per sweep if you aim right' schtick.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

You may or may not be banned.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I was kinda hoping they'd do a final 'beta' this weekend.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
You are not getting banned for client side changes like that, even if Fatshark can detect them they're too busy trying to find their asses with both hands to take action against anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The funny thing is that it's widely known on the game's sub-reddit and talked about all over. The bot fixes were posted there then on UnknownCheats to be properly shared though.

• Locked thread