Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

BoonyPC posted:

I really having trouble carrying my tree trunk legs around when running now, gently caress I used to smash my route around 10-15kg a go now I am struggling

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Nice humble brag

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Hey guys I'm about to squat... with both my legs! :aaa:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
So today was my hypertrophy day for upper body and it was my first time doing side lateral raises. I knew I'd need to start light, but I was only able to do 15 lb dumbells for like 8 or 9 reps. Is that normal? Fwiw I did 6 total sets of BP, dumbell and barbell, and also 3 sets of standing OHP, so I wasn't at 100% by the time I got to them, but still I felt really weak.

e: I should go rewatch some form videos, I may have been trying to raise too high.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Dec 9, 2016

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

So today was my hypertrophy day for upper body and it was my first time doing side lateral raises. I knew I'd need to start light, but I was only able to do 15 lb dumbells for like 8 or 9 reps. Is that normal? Fwiw I did 6 total sets of BP, dumbell and barbell, and also 3 sets of standing OHP, so I wasn't at 100% by the time I got to them, but still I felt really weak.

It's completely normal. They're likely to be the lightest weights you use in any workout.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Yeah, that's an exercise which uses small muscles and involves some rather unfavourable leverage.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Yeah, I'm not surprised. I feel like I'm good at making OHP a compound lift, I feel like my triceps and upper chest as well as shoulders all contribute to the movement, so I haven't really had anything really hitting my shoulders specifically this entire time, unless you count face pulls. Overall I really am enjoying this program so far. I was pumped up like hell tonight, you could actually see muscles, albeit tiny ones through my shirt. I need to hurry up and shed this 20 lbs of fat I've gained the past year.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Try doing your lateral raises one armed while leaning at an angle by holding onto something with your off arm.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Interesting, I may try it if I can't get into the regular version, but I don't like one limb variations because I already have so little free time even if it is only adding the time it takes to perform it. I usually get to the gym by 2:15 and start to get antsy if I'm there too long after 3. One day I'll work regular hours again.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Don't do it, DDD. He was just making fun of me.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
How do you guys feel about doing them like this dude? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5sNYB1Q6aM

When I first saw his channel I was weary because it has a lot of the "buy xxx" stuff and super catchy name, but once I watched them all he seems pretty informative. I've learned a ton of good stretches from him. The sitting down hamstring stretch is my favorite hammy stretch behind legs up the wall.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Not gonna lie, I don't think I've ever eaten my words any harder.

Wrote that, went to the gym, saw a dude much more swole than I doing that exact workout. Gotta say, it must be a statistical outlier that I've been going to the gym for two years and I never saw anyone doing that.

:suicide:

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Yeah I wasnt trying to poo poo on anyone. You should be bent forward slightly I agree with that video. It does take longer to do it 1 armed so if you are in a crunch for time just get what you can do done. I like em because it eliminates a lot of the use of the lats and focuses squarely on the shoulder if you are angled.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Do lateral raises on a cable machine too pref one armed

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Just did a sweet rear end WOD

One legged bench press x5
One leg preacher curls x3
One armed lunges x8
10 minute alternating one legged run for time

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 9, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
one legged running imo

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Zzulu posted:

one legged running imo

Oh yeah it was that my bad. I'll update

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Just did a sweet rear end WOD

One legged bench press x5
One leg preacher curls x3
One armed lunges x8
10 minute one legged run for time

Sick WOD bruh

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

Sick WOD bruh

Bro I know I'm so swole right now. Of course I did them all as fast as possible but that goes without saying

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Bro I know I'm so swole right now. Of course I did them all as fast as possible but that goes without saying

So fast I bet you couldn't even feel the muscles you were supposed to be targeting. I bet you'll make the games this year

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

That's the best part, all crossfit exercises are full body workouts so all muscles are targeted.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

e: I should go rewatch some form videos, I may have been trying to raise too high.

Those things are my bane. I started working the shoulders hard almost a year ago and I am still only up to 25 pound dumbbells, 3/10.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

How do you guys feel about doing them like this dude? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5sNYB1Q6aM

When I first saw his channel I was weary because it has a lot of the "buy xxx" stuff and super catchy name, but once I watched them all he seems pretty informative. I've learned a ton of good stretches from him. The sitting down hamstring stretch is my favorite hammy stretch behind legs up the wall.

yeah he's probably the best bet you're gonna find on Youtube because he puts across a detailed understanding of muscle/joint mechanics, and doesn't just lazily resort to a bunch of bodybuilding cliches

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

I do crossfit in the morning for cardio. It is a good replacement for HIIT and a lot more interesting.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

E_P posted:

crossfit cardio.

:chloe:

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Sometimes you gotta put down the salami and pick up the broccoli and chicken.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

I had broccoli and chicken for dinner!

Also I now get to bake cookies like 3 times a day at work along with all the free hotdogs, tornados, bugers, chicken sandwiches and nachos I get to eat all day.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

#circuslife

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Fallows posted:

I had broccoli and chicken for dinner!

Also I now get to bake cookies like 3 times a day at work along with all the free hotdogs, tornados, bugers, chicken sandwiches and nachos I get to eat all day.

What do you do exactly

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I'm gonna guess he works in a movie theater

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

:rolleyes: he didnt mention popcorn

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

I work in a gas station(circle k)! It's literally right across the street from my LA fitness so I get to flirt with all the gym hotties I see in there.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Everything else about the job sucks though, working 60 hours a week to barely get by is kinda straining especially since i work a swing schedule.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Start working at a gym instead bro

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Few years ago I worked at a papa johns, and it was super miserable. Except we were right next to a hair salon and tanning bed place, so hotties walking by all day long. Free pizza helped me bulk to over 200 pounds for the first time, which was cool I guess.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
my hours disappear after Christmas as a retail store no longer has a purpose after the holidays. which is more time to injure myself at the gym like today where i managed to murder my right wrist doing amrap ohp with no wraps gj me

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

what is a tornado and what are its macros?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Winnie the poo poo posted:

my hours disappear after Christmas as a retail store no longer has a purpose after the holidays. which is more time to injure myself at the gym like today where i managed to murder my right wrist doing amrap ohp with no wraps gj me

But did you PR? You must be doing something really wrong or have super lovely wrists if you're screwing them up with OHP.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Are deadlifts considered crossfit since it's almost a full body exercise? I do them for time. Usually about 45 minutes, with a couple minutes between sets of 5/3/1...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

a mysterious cloak posted:

Are deadlifts considered crossfit since it's almost a full body exercise? I do them for time. Usually about 45 minutes, with a couple minutes between sets of 5/3/1...

Yes, but only if the lifter has an undercut or styled beard.