Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
e: double post somehow...

MMF Freeway fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Dec 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Neversink updated his loot filter, should now be more accurate regarding current item values

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

has anyone had it in breaches where you kill a billion mobs and their items are spread out except the item names that you click on are all grouped up in one place and when you click on an item it does nothing? I tried re-enabling item filters and it's still hosed

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Jusupov posted:

P good I guess
That's baller.

Jusupov posted:

Trying to get the two spirits from the shore boss to enter him is the worst. Multiple times they just spawn out of him and die immediately. Guess I need a more reliable way to damage him just a bit each time

I was one stacking him with a poison flurry and it worked out fine.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

has anyone had it in breaches where you kill a billion mobs and their items are spread out except the item names that you click on are all grouped up in one place and when you click on an item it does nothing? I tried re-enabling item filters and it's still hosed

So, breaches drop so much poo poo that the actual location of an item can be wildly divorced from where its name appears. Try moving around and clicking on it again, it could be an entire screen away, could be stuck behind a wall or rock or whatever.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

MMF Freeway posted:

Lol same. Anyone know if the official stance on this is still: "use the stand alone client"?

If the Steam version is anything like the standalone client, the real fix to this and long startup times is "install on SSD"

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

Had something similar happen last night, loot tags had moved while I was running around the breach and couldn't click the item. When I ran back to where those items actually dropped I was then able to click them. Not sure what happened but it only happened once.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Disable showing items (z is the default button) then re-enable. This usually moves the names right next to the actual items.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

yeah I would move to where I think the items are except then the loot names are off my screen

ED is leaving me limp

..btt posted:

Disable showing items (z is the default button) then re-enable. This usually moves the names right next to the actual items.

I will try this next time, thanks!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

..btt posted:

Yeah this definitely works. Just wish GGG would cut down on the utter trash shite that drops and fills your screen that nobody would ever pick up.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Been able to farm up pretty much everything for my build EXCEPT the Shavs.

Using a Solaris Lorica in the mean time.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Can somebody invite Rugio to the goon guild? tia

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Ok, I'm hitting the limits of what my LA Crit Assassin can do (like tier 8/9 maps) and I'm not sure where to prioritize improvements. Mostly I'm feeling a little squishier than I like; I'd like to get up to 6k hp if I can.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters Eitriarn is the character

I know I just need to get like 5 more levels and dump those points into +life.
Other thoughts include: Selling those goofy ele weakness on hit snakebites for regular ones, of course. That's just self-vaal'd and I wanted to see how well they work (they do not work very well)
Getting real jewelry with proper amounts of hp and +attack damage
Should I just get a kintsugi or other unique armor? Queen of the Forest is nice but I'm wondering if there are other armors out there that'll make me tankier, straight up. I'm less worried about movespeed.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Rufio posted:

Can somebody invite Rugio to the goon guild? tia

done

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jinnigan posted:

Ok, I'm hitting the limits of what my LA Crit Assassin can do (like tier 8/9 maps) and I'm not sure where to prioritize improvements. Mostly I'm feeling a little squishier than I like; I'd like to get up to 6k hp if I can.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters Eitriarn is the character

I know I just need to get like 5 more levels and dump those points into +life.
Other thoughts include: Selling those goofy ele weakness on hit snakebites for regular ones, of course. That's just self-vaal'd and I wanted to see how well they work (they do not work very well)
Getting real jewelry with proper amounts of hp and +attack damage
Should I just get a kintsugi or other unique armor? Queen of the Forest is nice but I'm wondering if there are other armors out there that'll make me tankier, straight up. I'm less worried about movespeed.

IMO first priority should be a new bow, and take the power charge on crit out of your main skill link. Belly of the Beast is a good hp chest if you wanna go that route but you should probably just get a cheap rare 5link for now so you don't have to worry about getting a linked bow.

e: oh that's an opus not a harp lol. Still might need upgrading, I'm not sure how much the crit multi makes up for the low base damage.

MMF Freeway fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 9, 2016

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

MMF Freeway posted:

IMO first priority should be a new bow, and take the power charge on crit out of your main skill link. Belly of the Beast is a good hp chest if you wanna go that route but you should probably just get a cheap rare 5link for now so you don't have to worry about getting a linked bow.

heh heh heh i hosed up the pcoc/added chaos damage gems when i was shuffling things around. whoopsy

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

I dont think I can get a better bow until I have enough for a Reach, though :\

I mean I do have a Lioneye's Glare but I think that's less DPS overall?

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
This looks very much like King of the Forest. It's a Shaper-viable build so following it's guidance will take you far.

Specific things you could do:
Drop Power Charge on Crit from your LA links. Assassin Unstable Infusion will keep your charges up anyway. Replace with Added Chaos.

Try to get a second 5l in your chest so you can add Inc Crit to your Barrage. Your single target suffers without.

Movespeed is in itself an excellent form of defence. What you're out of the way of can't hurt you. But if you're looking for another chest option, Cospri's Will is a good mix of defence and offence - you can run Grace + Blasphemy Enfeeble without hexproof worries, and have curse on hit gloves to enable poison on farther targets.

e: A Death's Opus like you have is the second best thing after a Reach. And not that far behind what with the much better crit stats.
e2: This assumes that you stack on flat damage with an Added Chaos link, of course.

Ornedan fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 9, 2016

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Can I please get a guild invite for: YesIBleach

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah lioneye's is not exceptional unless you have really poo poo accuracy. Also, doesn't using LA instead of TS hurt your overall dps since it kinda gimps your poison/bleed? Or is it overkill for clearing?

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
I did KotF last league. A 5l LA was one-shotting whites and blues on crit. You lose maybe a quarter of the initial hit's poison-able damage (only phys part converted, Added Chaos is all there), but then the shocks make up for it.

You do want a leveled Tornado Shot in weapon swap for ele reflect maps. And a Dyadian Dawn for phys reflect maps. Both if it's dual reflect.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Ornedan posted:

I did KotF last league. A 5l LA was one-shotting whites and blues on crit. You lose maybe a quarter of the initial hit's poison-able damage (only phys part converted, Added Chaos is all there), but then the shocks make up for it.

You do want a leveled Tornado Shot in weapon swap for ele reflect maps. And a Dyadian Dawn for phys reflect maps. Both if it's dual reflect.

Thanks, I just used this advice to run an unid ele reflect map.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Silhouette Wires posted:

Can I please get a guild invite for: YesIBleach

Sent

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Holyshoot posted:

IS there a certain price point where you won't buy coins at? I think I might start buying coins to make sure I got a full set of prophecies going most times because what you're saying definitely makes sense.

He is insanely lucky if he gets that many Jeweller's Touches. I did hundreds of prophecies last league and got maybe 4 of them. Also it seems really cheap right now with 32c to be honest. The real money makers were Monstrous Treasure and the Voidheart prophecy for me. The current price point is probably ok for farming prophecies, but if they get more expensive you will definitely need to look up if the good prophecies also increase in price, otherwise you may lose a bunch of currency. The system is pretty much just gambling after all.

Look up prophecy prices here, it's reasonably accurate: http://poe.ninja/bsc/prophecies

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Eezee posted:

He is insanely lucky if he gets that many Jeweller's Touches. I did hundreds of prophecies last league and got maybe 4 of them. Also it seems really cheap right now with 32c to be honest. The real money makers were Monstrous Treasure and the Voidheart prophecy for me. The current price point is probably ok for farming prophecies, but if they get more expensive you will definitely need to look up if the good prophecies also increase in price, otherwise you may lose a bunch of currency. The system is pretty much just gambling after all.

Look up prophecy prices here, it's reasonably accurate: http://poe.ninja/bsc/prophecies

Does this site update in real time or do you have to refresh?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

So I freely admit I'm probably doing something wrong but I don't really like the atlas mechanics- specifically the restriction on drops to maps you've unlocked. I feel like it makes it really samey since you end up grinding the one or two maps you have unlocked and by the time you get more you've got way more of the original ones in storage. Am I going about unlocking maps wrong?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Eezee posted:

I guess, it's all variance. I get more Jeweller's Touches than Monstrous Treasures, and have never gotten the Voidheart or Death's Opus prophecies. I don't know what the relative rarity is between those.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

So I freely admit I'm probably doing something wrong but I don't really like the atlas mechanics- specifically the restriction on drops to maps you've unlocked. I feel like it makes it really samey since you end up grinding the one or two maps you have unlocked and by the time you get more you've got way more of the original ones in storage. Am I going about unlocking maps wrong?

Well, for one zana sells maps you haven't unlocked which is a good source of lower maps early on. She restocks every time you level her up, or run her daily mission. Other than that, I think most people just buy up some cheap lower maps to fill out their atlas initially.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Zana still hasn't shown up for me :argh:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Same here. I'm going to do a daily with a friend tonight finally. Ask a guild member or friend to let you in on a daily with them.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
or buy the zana prophecy for 6c if you're desperate

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
From reddit, but looks just like my breaches sometimes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y19av0PEkcc

Pls chris make game work better

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

StashAugustine posted:

Zana shows up in the Laboratory after you've cleared your first map, though :confused:

Edit: vvv oh yeah, that

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 9, 2016

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

DaveWoo posted:

Zana shows up in the Laboratory after you've cleared your first map, though :confused:

You can't invite a master to your until they're level 2 though, so they need to do a Zana quest before they can start doing Zana dailies.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Holyshoot posted:

Does this site update in real time or do you have to refresh?

Probably need to refresh, but if you actually want to sell something from the list always click the little '@' button on the right to check current prices. Make sure you don't get fooled by people that list stuff under value to drive down prices though.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Could Shaper please gently caress off from my maps? I've nearly logged twice since he behaves exactly like a lag/desync spike.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

AegisP posted:

Could Shaper please gently caress off from my maps? I've nearly logged twice since he behaves exactly like a lag/desync spike.

Yeah, I don't like their chosen implementation of that.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I really liked the introduction for The Shaper, it shocked me the first time but has been really interesting. I missed all of last league so the Atlas is new to me and I am really liking the progress through it. Looking forward to unlocking the T16s and Shaper himself, slowly earning the currency to finish off my 2nd build which should plow through all of it.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Can anyone suggest a SRS leveling guide?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Allies can't die Rares in breach lord domains is really really not fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

I was into T7/8 maps before she finally showed up. I also have T2 shaped and my T1 orb is somehow still absent. Wat.

• Locked thread