Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I made it about halfway through before saying gently caress it and scrolling down to see how much was left.

I honestly don't understand how anybody could write something like that and not realize just how punchable it makes them look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
I can't decide whether the person who wrote that is a 30 year old smug rear end in a top hat or 70 year old smug rear end in a top hat.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Palisader posted:

I can't decide whether the person who wrote that is a 30 year old smug rear end in a top hat or 70 year old smug rear end in a top hat.

Gonna go with 30 year old smug rear end in a top hat trying to sound like a 70 year old smug rear end in a top hat, with delusional memories of events before 1980.

The Vaughan Williams thing is spot on though, can't argue with that point.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

That has to be parody. It has to be.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
You'd think so, but it seems to be a gardening blog ran by a retired old British man. The last post is him saying he hasn't been updating much because he's fallen ill, but that he'll be back to posting pictures of his garden soon.

That post was made in 2009. :smith:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Butt Detective posted:

You'd think so, but it seems to be a gardening blog ran by a retired old British man. The last post is him saying he hasn't been updating much because he's fallen ill, but that he'll be back to posting pictures of his garden soon.

That post was made in 2009. :smith:

Don't be sad, he's with Arnold Bax and half of the Beatles now. :unsmith:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah blame the Beatles and Bax for having to talk to that guy now.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

That was way too long and I didn't think there were British people that talked that way anymore

That could have just been, "Went to B&Q, didn't like music, cared enough to talk to management who didn't give a gently caress because it was probably his music I was insulting, I wasted 45 minutes expecting music to change, now I like Janet Jackson"

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

"Strewth!" quoth I, "yon audible assault 'pon my senses is truly beyond the pail!"

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
I don't know if we should be questioning his judgment on what's annoying and depressing you guys. He's definitely an expert on the subject.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

life is killing me posted:

That was way too long and I didn't think there were British people that talked that way anymore

That could have just been, "Went to B&Q, didn't like music, cared enough to talk to management who didn't give a gently caress because it was probably his music I was insulting, I wasted 45 minutes expecting music to change, now I like Janet Jackson"

If it was a huge chain, it probably wasn't even his music, it was handed down from Corporate. So waiting 45 minutes for the music to change is even more hilarious.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Butt Detective posted:

While trying to find details for a lyric-less song not on iTunes that I'd picked up with Shazam, I stumbled across this old blog post.

quote:

Britain is an island of gardeners and fine gardens,

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Maw posted:

Haha every word of that is more insufferable than the last

poo poo that didn't happen.txt: every word of that is more insufferable than the last

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Whitlam posted:

A few years ago a friend and I found a phone at a bus stop. We thought there was a decent chance it could belong to someone we knew since it was outside our high school, and it didn't have a passcode, so we opened it up and went into photos to see if we could recognise anyone. We couldn't, but there were many, many photos of drug making equipment and drugs, and a few selfies (lesson one of a burner phone: do not use it for selfies). We went into messages (because by that point we were straight up just snooping) and a heap of the conversations were deals, with quantities, times, and pickups listed. We dropped the phone to the police and showed them what was on it, who found it hysterical.

I mean yeah that bud convo is stdh but holy hell do people make it easy for the police to lay charges these days.

I hope this is stdh otherwise :fuckoff:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Verisimilidude posted:

I hope this is stdh otherwise :fuckoff:

no you see they were hard drugs!

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
I have never wanted to murder someone so badly before but that plant blog person needs to be gone from this earth

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

I have never wanted to murder someone so badly before but that plant blog person needs to be gone from this earth

This is a really weird reaction to a retiree's blog.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

he's an old man who last posted nearly a decade ago, pretty sure if he's not gone already he will be soon

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
being old is no excuse for writing like a huge rear end in a top hat imo

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

I kind of think it is. The point of retiring is not that you don't have to work anymore, it's that you no longer have to care what anyone thinks about what you say.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Whats yours then?

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

But you DO admit to otherwise wanting to murder someone in general, albeit a little less than you want to murder an old man who was on his way out already?

Showing this post to the cops, BRB

RudeVegetables
Jul 23, 2007
That turnip looks just like a thingy!
Fallen Rib

Butt Detective posted:

While trying to find details for a lyric-less song not on iTunes that I'd picked up with Shazam, I stumbled across this old blog post.

The first half of this is a combination/rewrite of “parrot sketch“ and “cheese shop“ from Monty Python. poo poo that derivativelydidnt happen

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Dude, I can't hate old people.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Palisader posted:

I kept picturing John Deacon from Queen as he looks today

I always admire aging rock star types like Deacon and Charlie Watts who have the backbone to embrace their oldfartitude instead of trying for eternal youth

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Fathis Munk posted:

I gotta ask, how common is it that people actually yell poo poo at the cinema in the US?

Most theaters are quiet. Some theaters are not. Let's just say that Death at a Funeral (2010) in Watts, CA would be much louder than Death at a Funeral (2007) in Bangor, ME.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I know this doesn't need to be said, but who puts their wife in their phone as "My Wife"?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Who ride crocodiles

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Who ride crocodiles

Not speaking for the rest, but if you put a saddle on a giant crocodile, I would absolutely ride one.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Tired Moritz posted:

Who ride crocodiles

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Cash Crab rides crocodiles?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Leavemywife posted:

I know this doesn't need to be said, but who puts their wife in their phone as "My Wife"?

A big fan of Borat

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

That "Oh really? What was your favorite part?" was the most hostile thing I've read all day.

Edited for clarity.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Palisader posted:

That "Oh really? What was your favorite part?" was the most hostile thing I've read all day.

Edited for clarity.

I envision a woman stuck home with a migraine, miserable and hurting, and here comes Mr Bumblefark and screaming kids to make her day complete.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

the big book of British gardens

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

we are the Funyuns posted:

Most theaters are quiet. Some theaters are not. Let's just say that Death at a Funeral (2010) in Watts, CA would be much louder than Death at a Funeral (2007) in Bangor, ME.

False. Every movie in Bangor (or any other rural population center) is punctuated by people saying, "Who is that guy? Is he the other guy's boss or what?" and "Why are they doing that again?" in the tones of people who have spent a lot of time using chainsaws.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

The last time I went to the theater in my rural hometown, there was just one guy yelling "I am Batman" every 10 minutes or so. It wasn't even a Batman movie

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Nostradingus posted:

The last time I went to the theater in my rural hometown, there was just one guy yelling "I am Batman" every 10 minutes or so. It wasn't even a Batman movie

Sorry I didn't realize I was being so loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
An reverse viewpoint: My employer shared a fake email from me on Facebook.