Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i havent read any of the us politics threads in d&d since the election, are they still terrible hillarymen or have they finally become woke

In the politoons thread everyone seems to be hell-bent on avoiding drama or introspection of any kind with a few exceptions (a few hillarymen, Xenoveritas, and me)

but that thread is mostly focused outward ie "what are the republicans saying about <thing>" so it's to be expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

We thought Donald had run the biggest grifting operation in existence by skimming like 30% off the top but it turned out the entire Hillary op was exclusively built from the ground up to grift rich Hollywood liberals and turn it into salaries for the most worthless hacks in existence. Bill Mitchell had more political acumen than them.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Hillary in the house

Hillary in the white house

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

is that lady gaga?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoctorGonzo posted:

is that lady gaga?

the dems should legit run lady gaga or any celebrity who wants to

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

is that lady gaga?

no red armband

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

Overrelying on celebrities is one of the mistakes we made this year though, if we went with this tack it'd have to be someone from a deep red area for authenticity slash relatability reasons. Oprah. We'd have to run Oprah.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

axeil posted:

i'm just loling at everyone still getting mad about wall street.

haven't you loving idiots learned: we always win, even when we lose. you literally cannot beat us.

vote for trump? he'll make one of us his treasury secretary.

vote for clinton? she'll make some small changes here and there but won't fundamentally change how we do business

vote third party: :laffo:

don't vote because you're an idiot who gets their political opinions from south park? we win by default and get to laugh at you for being a moron.

don't you see? we can't lose! it's loving amazing that people haven't picked up on it yet

Yea these are definitely the people we want in our party

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Oprah/Ellen 2020

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

because rallies aren't actually that useful and never will be.

TRUMP! *CLICK*

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Venom Snake posted:

You mean like this :confused:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

You mean like this :confused:

no, like this

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

no, like this

One of the best moment in the election was final night when Gaga was dancing like a moron while Pence was just talking. I think there is a gif of that moment.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DoctorGonzo posted:

One of the best moment in the election was final night when Gaga was dancing like a moron while Pence was just talking. I think there is a gif of that moment.

I need this in my life.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Oprah would be great except prepare ur butte for surgeon general "(((doctor)))" Oz's mandatory organic coffee and oatmeal enemas, citizen

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

who among them is wealthy?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:laffo:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Yea these are definitely the people we want in our party

Building a party with NeverTrumpers is like hanging out with Glenn Beck. Always Remember that.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

when i mention the strengths of the campaign, i mean that the work done to carry out the orders given were very good. and that indicates a strong campaign culture that was dedicated to electing the candidate rather than advancing careers or preening egos. very hard to build in a few months. that said, there were problems and i think the program was not as god as obama 2012 overall, which itself was good mostly because of the sheer amount of money spent on it.

the article errs in saying that you need to build some sort of relationship with voters to gotv them or whatever, that contradicts what we actually know from decades of experience about what works in gotv.

Yes. The Hillary Clinton campaign was clearly well versed in knowing what works in gotv.

Maybe, friend, it is time to admit that the campaign was dysfunctional and hosed up on every level of its strategy, and the only ones who knew what they were doing were the state parties - who had all their money siphoned off by the victory fund for worthless celebrity and red state suburban mom outreach. Maybe centralizing all the campaign money so frauds with algorithms can waste it is a bad approach and contributes to the Dems having no organization outside of general elections?

Also lol at the continued insistence Hillary ran a poo poo campaign only because she had a few months to build it (because of that mean ol' Bernie not rolling over).

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

IF YOU IGNORE EVERYTHING THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, I THINK YOU'LL FIND HILLARY DID NOTHING WRONG

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"Overall, I'd say that this campaign, which lost to the most beatable opponent of all time, is not as good as the Obama 2012 campaign, which won a landslide victory and kept its candidate in the White House."

thanks for your indepth analysis there

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

loquacius posted:

In the politoons thread everyone seems to be hell-bent on avoiding drama or introspection of any kind with a few exceptions (a few hillarymen, Xenoveritas, and me)

but that thread is mostly focused outward ie "what are the republicans saying about <thing>" so it's to be expected

Not every mind is strong enough to withstand the shock of being less right than Garrison and Rall about something. Many political observers have simply been lost to the screaming dark.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

loquacius posted:

Overrelying on celebrities is one of the mistakes we made this year though, if we went with this tack it'd have to be someone from a deep red area for authenticity slash relatability reasons. Oprah. We'd have to run Oprah.

I don't think it would have to be from a red state person or anything. Just someone with presence outside of their fan base. A household name. Oprah does work.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

"Overall, I'd say that this campaign, which lost to the most beatable opponent of all time, is not as good as the Obama 2012 campaign, which won a landslide victory and kept its candidate in the White House."

thanks for your indepth analysis there

Second most beatable opponent of all time, lol

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Not a Step posted:

Yes. The Hillary Clinton campaign was clearly well versed in knowing what works in gotv.

Maybe, friend, it is time to admit that the campaign was dysfunctional and hosed up on every level of its strategy, and the only ones who knew what they were doing were the state parties - who had all their money siphoned off by the victory fund for worthless celebrity and red state suburban mom outreach. Maybe centralizing all the campaign money so frauds with algorithms can waste it is a bad approach and contributes to the Dems having no organization outside of general elections?

Also lol at the continued insistence Hillary ran a poo poo campaign only because she had a few months to build it (because of that mean ol' Bernie not rolling over).

the most loving absurd part of this is that Hillary stayed in the primary against Obama even longer, the convention in 2008 wasn't until THE END OF AUGUST. Obama had all of two months to campaign against his opponent. He beat McCain (who is incredibly beloved by a lot of Americans for some loving reason) like a red-headed stepchild.

A good candidate doesn't need extra time to beat their opponent, they need to have a message and strategy that actually loving works

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

crazy cloud posted:

oh SSHIT im gonna use that. holy gently caress thats hard

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

crazy cloud posted:

ironically I think most of the traditional republican field may have lost to hillary in a general

she wouldn't have been focusing so much of her campaign around how terrible her opponent was, and might have actually had a chance to express an ideal or two in front of a camera. The other GOP candidates didn't have a real message either so they wouldn't have been able to net the populists like Trump did.

Trump was a complete disaster that could have been beaten by just about anyone, using just about any strategy other than the one our candidate used.

Americans really do hate negative campaigning, as it turns out

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

crazy cloud posted:

:vince:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Mirthless posted:

the most loving absurd part of this is that Hillary stayed in the primary against Obama even longer, the convention in 2008 wasn't until THE END OF AUGUST. Obama had all of two months to campaign against his opponent. He beat McCain (who is incredibly beloved by a lot of Americans for some loving reason) like a red-headed stepchild.

A good candidate doesn't need extra time to beat their opponent, they need to have a message and strategy that actually loving works

or the conflicting narratives of "bernie ruined it by not giving enough time in the general" and "actually our super serious research shows only the last 10 days matter so we sat on our hands and watched pantsuit memes until then"

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Mirthless posted:

ironically I think most of the traditional republican field may have lost to hillary in a general

she wouldn't have been focusing so much of her campaign around how terrible her opponent was, and might have actually had a chance to express an ideal or two in front of a camera. The other GOP candidates didn't have a real message either so they wouldn't have been able to net the populists like Trump did.

Trump was a complete disaster that could have been beaten by just about anyone, using just about any strategy other than the one our candidate used.

IIRC, the polling during the primaries showed Trump was one of their weaker candidates against her in a general, for whatever that's worth.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mirthless posted:

yea lol it was a pretty much perfect failure, amazing how perfectly everything had to line up to get us here. Jeb! really WAS low energy and Hillary most likely would have cruised to victory vs. him the way she expected to against trump, either not recognizing or not accepting that the rules changed / never existed for donald

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

FuriousxGeorge posted:

IIRC, the polling during the primaries showed Trump was one of their weaker candidates against her in a general, for whatever that's worth.

Remember when everyone said 'Head to head GE polling in the primaries is meaningless'?

I guess it was true!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Yea Hillary was on track to bet a typical GoPe opponent because after all besides the Social Justice tidbits, neither party cares all that much about populist issues. So that would have been enough to push her into the white house.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

FuriousxGeorge posted:

leaked podesta email said the campaign should actively work to pump up unelectables like Trump and Zodiac during the gop primary. welp

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Yea Hillary was on track to bet a typical GoPe opponent because after all besides the Social Justice tidbits, neither party cares all that much about populist issues. So that would have been enough to push her into the white house.

It was so weird watching people mock Jeb for raising and squandering like a billion dollars and when Hillary was doing the same thing as Jeb the Hillfolk were proclaiming her tactical brilliance

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

crazy cloud posted:

leaked podesta email said the campaign should actively work to pump up unelectables like Trump and Zodiac during the gop primary. welp

They wanted trump and they got trump.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Yeah, Jeb! was basicly the only Republican I think she would have beaten because Hillary v. Jeb! takes the anti-establishment and anti-dynasty feelings out of the picture. Instead, all that feeling got directed at Hillary.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

Nah Oprah would piss off leftists to much. We need someone who wouldn't mind dressing up in the revolutionary style

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Venom Snake posted:

Nah Oprah would piss off leftists to much. We need someone who wouldn't mind dressing up in the revolutionary style

fill up Lenin's corpse full of adrenaline and cocaine and get him up and going again,

summon Deb's ghost through sacrificing 8 bankers over a 6-pointed star

and just give Bernie a phone call

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Venom Snake posted:

Nina Turner would be amazing. I got to see her speak at the Nev. state caucus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
God can you imagine Jeb! V Hillary in the general? West Virginia would have gone grey because literally no one voted.

In other news I'm curious if Ellison takes the DNC and Vox and Co get new marching orders to start talking about how economic populism is a good thing how long will it be before the Hillarymen in d&d start pretending that they always thought it was a good idea.

• Locked thread