Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

I wonder why. Its so hard to gauge McLaren's true quality this year. Is the chassis/aero great but the engine poo poo? Or is it a 50/50 split in crappiness between the two? The rules change next year is going to make it difficult to tell from the outside what the best bit of the car will be and give clues where the team's strengths and weaknesses lie on the engineering and management side.

Like, if the Merc drops back into the pack next year the likely reason will be the chassis/aero. Making that kind of guess for McLaren is harder.

It's almost impossible to tell because they have stripped a ton of downforce off the car to compensate for the lack of power. So it's not a great indication of how good or bad their aero department is. It at least seems pretty driveable to me. Regardless, they said they're satisfied with their senior engineering staff, so if they add anyone it won't be a big name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

Should've upgraded the firmware on Alonsobot?

After seeing what trouble he had with the camera, i'm not sure he's compatible with a modern F1 steering wheel.

I would think almost all aero is entirely computer designed at this point, and it all comes down to how complex of a form a team can build.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Carth Dookie posted:

Should've upgraded the firmware on Alonsobot?

Fernandroid, please.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Alonsodor 64.

Fernandy 1000

Powershift fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 11, 2016

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

I'm quite pleased with this development.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Pat Symonds, is getting really old, Frank isn't around much any more, and Clare is more of a media/sponsor/lots of meetings type. If you had already designed the ultimate unbeatable F1 car, and wanted to be way more involved with running the team and making the decisions then Williams is a good pick.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
http://www.racer.com/f1/item/137075-f1-we-should-have-let-them-race-wolff

Ohhh, now that your favorite nazi son dumped you youre singing a new tune.

Bold prediction: Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari in 2018 to replace Kimi.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

wicka posted:

I just don't care. Too often this thread is nothing but complaints about the obvious and inevitable.

Its like your new or something

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

gret posted:

Who wouldn't want to work for the lovely Claire?

She can work me to the bone if you know what I mean fellas :smug:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
She can verb my noun, if you know what i mean fellas :heysexy:

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Pastor drove that beauty.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Gmaz posted:

Totally wrecked it too

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Holy poo poo that's a bad photoshop job.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

learnincurve posted:

Holy poo poo that's a bad photoshop job.

It's not a Photoshop.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/formula_1/article1281507.ece

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Bwoah, what a silly season this is shaping up to be. An implosion at Merc was not something I'd have wagered on.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Totally wrecked it too

Nice :golfclap:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Gmaz posted:

I love the fact that the paint is scrubbed off the side of the tire.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

It's been photoshopped, look at her leg. Her arm is also quite bad but look at her leg

e: you can see the odd bumps from the work they did on the car behind it as well.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 11, 2016

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

learnincurve posted:

It's been photoshopped, look at her leg. Her arm is also quite bad but look at her leg

e: you can see the odd bumps from the work they did on the car behind it as well.

Maybe it's been photoshopped to brighten the image, but she is in no way photoshopped.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

GramCracker posted:

Maybe it's been photoshopped to brighten the image, but she is in no way photoshopped.

F1 fans are getting blind to kinks added to things that are meant to be straight.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

learnincurve posted:

Her knee is pushing on her calf...

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

GramCracker posted:

lol

Leg on the bottom has had the thigh thinned. Leg on the top has had the thigh shortened (look at where her knee is), the calf thinned and the ankle thinned and stretched. Her right leg is now about 8 inches shorter than the other and, you know, she's mutated. Look where the white meets the blue between the renault R and Clare and the weird halo on the car round her foot.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Her knee is pushing on her calf...

It's very obviously this.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
F1 fans have spent far too much time looking at pictures on the internet and in magazines. You can't tell what's real and what's fake any more poor lambs.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

learnincurve posted:

F1 fans have spent far too much time looking at pictures on the internet and in magazines. You can't tell what's real and what's fake any more poor lambs.

No you're actually just wrong here. Let it go

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

I'm going to split the difference then go with Real Claire, but shooped composite

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Wow i sure did just enjoy looking at a picture of a woman.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Maybe they could photoshop out the chicane on mistral?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Maybe they could photoshop out the chicane on mistral?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Never change, worst thread.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Williams have rejected an offer from Mercedes to let them have Bottas in exchange for cheaper engines and Pascal Wehrlein.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Gives you an idea of just how highly Where's The Line is regarded

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm getting ready to laugh when after a period of negotiation Williams accepts an offer that's been changed from "cheaper engines and Pascal Wehrlein" to "cheaper engines".

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

Williams have rejected an offer from Mercedes to let them have Bottas in exchange for cheaper engines and Pascal Wehrlein.

nah they took keeping Bottas and getting Paddy Lowe in exchange for same priced engines

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

learnincurve posted:

lol

Leg on the bottom has had the thigh thinned. Leg on the top has had the thigh shortened (look at where her knee is), the calf thinned and the ankle thinned and stretched. Her right leg is now about 8 inches shorter than the other and, you know, she's mutated. Look where the white meets the blue between the renault R and Clare and the weird halo on the car round her foot.

Brah shes not even that hyper-attractive in a fake way. Does seeing any woman thats not a fat trans-woman send you into some kind of rant about the photoshop patriarchy or something?

Shes pretty, her knee is pressing onto her thigh, let it go.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Stopping by to add my two cents to this Claire Williams Photoshop firestorm

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

The ultimate irony of this Bottas conundrum is that if they did actually get Paddy Lowe they really should be looking to get a works engine deal together and stop running as a second tier Williams team.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

The ultimate irony of this Bottas conundrum is that if they did actually get Paddy Lowe they really should be looking to get a works engine deal together and stop running as a second tier Williams team.

If Red Bull can't pull it off then I highly doubt Williams will be successful at convincing a manufacturer to invest $1b in an F1 engine program.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Agreed. They will never get out of the midpack doing what they are doing.

I don't see how Bottas is desirable. Has he had any impressive drives. Like at all?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Williams are highly unlikely to throw a year long tantrum to the point where the manufacturer refuses to have their name put on that car though so it could go either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Williams are highly unlikely to throw a year long tantrum to the point where the manufacturer refuses to have their name put on that car though so it could go either way.

Fair point.

• Locked thread