Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

CNN needs to chill out on scare quotes it always looks terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
Wasn't there an obesity epidemic / haes / fat thread here at some point? I'm sure it petered out into an awful mess, but does anyone have a link?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i do not, no

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

sweart gliwere posted:

Wasn't there an obesity epidemic / haes / fat thread here at some point? I'm sure it petered out into an awful mess, but does anyone have a link?

uh it became people ranting that their mutually exclusive diet fads were the only solution, it was real bad.

only thing that's really relevant is that the primary cause of increased overweight/obesity is the relatively much lower cost of food these days, which results in widespread starvation shrinking and going out the other end with a lot more people being fat. and well, its easier to fix some guy being fat than it is to fix someone starved to death

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug

fishmech posted:

uh it became people ranting that their mutually exclusive diet fads were the only solution, it was real bad.

only thing that's really relevant is that the primary cause of increased overweight/obesity is the relatively much lower cost of food these days, which results in widespread starvation shrinking and going out the other end with a lot more people being fat. and well, its easier to fix some guy being fat than it is to fix someone starved to death

Yeah. I read it for a bit, but had to start skipping a few pages at a time during its crappier segments and was curious about how it ended. It's probably still in the live forums, I'll look for it later

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug

I got "a torch afire, overturned"

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Good afternoon on this snowy Sunday. I am baking a batch of homemade pretzels. I really need a haircut.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

What is this?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Good afternoon on this snowy Sunday. I am baking a batch of homemade pretzels. I really need a haircut.

Im convinced Canada is going to be the new North Pole and that 500 years from now aliens or people who managed to escape this planet will find my frozen body in a glacier, call me a primitive and put me on display in a museum. :manning:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It's snowing here as well and my land lord put the salt in the basement and I don't want to deal with even going outside, but know that Imma have to dig snow this evening.

AHHHHHHHHHH

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYS5NtRXlZQ

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
those ads always air during the tv judge shows which revolve around determining the authenticity of the defendant's weave

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Muppets On PCP posted:

those ads always air during the tv judge shows which revolve around determining the authenticity of the defendant's weave
judge judy?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-says-hes-too-smart-for-daily-intelligence-briefings-a7468456.html vb you'll love this

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/12/erdogan-ak-party-bill-empower-presidency-161211075814359.html im surprised everyone

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

daytime tv court show

like wapner, but sassier

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

syscall girl posted:

daytime tv court show

like wapner, but sassier
idk what's that

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

idk what's that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp9AClR8qCY

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

So this is what true love feels like

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

of course it's from reddit

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

not pictured: the fat guy from cold steel who sliced it in half to demonstrate the power of the two-handed landsknechte

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Its still snowing outside. I fear that at this rate Canada might actually resemble what most Americans think it looks like here: a snowy wasteland where people get around on snowshoes, dogsled and snowmobile. And bears. Lots of bears.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

"I hope there is an actual shadow conspiracy in the government and it knows what its doing"

The last part being why I'm confident that there is never a conspiracy manipulating events

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI6Qdoq679I

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Furnaceface posted:

Its still snowing outside. I fear that at this rate Canada might actually resemble what most Americans think it looks like here: a snowy wasteland where people get around on snowshoes, dogsled and snowmobile. And bears. Lots of bears.

what is it like now, just fewer bears?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Well they closed the road home last night because the police and SPCA were tracking a bear so probably not even that anymore.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

cinci zoo sniper posted:

*exquisitly waving trilby* come post with us, m'lord

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

A plane slid off the runway at Detroit Metro Airport a little while ago and lots of schools closed tomorrow. Not mine of course, at least not yet.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

play now m'lord

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE7KcF3MphU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhWCk2f2alI

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

poo poo yeah only 7 more days of night shift left until I switch to swing and get to see the sun.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

poo poo yeah only 7 more days of night shift left until I switch to swing and get to see the sun.

Jokes on you since the perpetual winter starts in 7 days and you wont see it again until April no matter what shift you take.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

What's so special about Dec 18?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I start my holidays on the 18th.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

I start my holidays on the 18th.

do you control global warming

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

do you control global warming

Last time I took my holidays Buffalo was buried under a whole years worth of snow in 24 hours. I was supposed to drive to NYC the next day.

My holidays usually coincide with bad things happening. Im cursed. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

lol

• Locked thread