Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty five loving summon tickets, and some lapis yesterday. Nothing but Hope and Fang... and a few useful TMs. Today... LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN.

I immediately entered her in a cactuar huffing competition, which she won handily, and then gave her my second best Lightning gear, and now she's at 518 attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
MY 1/2 off...wait what's the noise? (Without Me starts playing)

Guess who's back?

...back again...

BEDILE's back...

tell a friend...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PaybackJack posted:

MY 1/2 off...wait what's the noise? (Without Me starts playing)

Guess who's back?

...back again...

BEDILE's back...

tell a friend...

Gumi created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Bedile no more, they want Shadow

wait that's not how it goes is it

1/2 pull was a Tellah. Meh. Can't complain after getting Delita yesterday.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Spurred by the good fortune of some of the others in this thread, I got and burned the 3 Amazon tickets chasing my first base 5 -

Hope #2
Fang #3
Edgar #4

:smith:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Today I did 190 summons.

Friend point summons mind you. I needed the last 5% for Dragon Killer.

Among 190 characters I did not get a single Skaha.

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

PaybackJack posted:

For someone who isn't a whale it's awfully suspicious that you have two TMs from a base *4, within a week and a half of release. I've been dropped a few lapis refreshes a day since Snow came out and my Zidane is only at like 45%.

I guess you found a new job and got paid eh?

I think he's getting passively peer pressured by the discord folks cause we got a bunch of dolphins in there talking about their TM groups.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
If anyone wants a 601atk Lightning for event, I just cleared out a handful of inactives off my list.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cat Pilot posted:

I think he's getting passively peer pressured by the discord folks cause we got a bunch of dolphins in there talking about their TM groups.

I whaled on $100 worth of two $50 Lapis bundles during black friday and I'm down to 3000~ now. All those 3k 6* awakening packages depleted my supply right quick.

The other mobile game I play, Marvel Future Fight, keeps adding content that allows for multiple clears but removes the characters you use from the pool once you use them to clear. Do you guys think a game mode like that would be viable in this game?

- Required a full party of 5 units, chosen on entry(so it doesn't mess with your static team)
- Characters must be max level
- Each character can be used once per day (not individual unit; meaning if you have two Lightnings you can only send 1 of them per day)
- No friend unit allowed
- Clearable up to 5 times per day
- no NRG entry fee
- had a rotation of bosses with increased stats, or even like a 10 boss rush kind of deal where the bosses scale in difficulty from battle to battle

Basically it would be nice if the game gave me more reason to want to build up some of these others characters. In the past couple days I've pulled Freya and Tellah and have a ton of other characters that it would be neat if the game gave me some reason to use them. With 5 runs each using 5 characters you'd need 25 different units so it's possible that new players could complete the mode with some of the 3* friend units in their party to pad out teams.

There doesn't even need to be a super good reward. Like if the bosses dropped a single random 5*/ 6* mat would be enough but not too much.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
did the amazon ticket thingie, and got the three tickets.

Mustadio, Kain, and Sabin who can't even suplex a pillow

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So to get those amazon tickets, I can just download amazon underground on memu, then download BE through the underground app?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Yup.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

For someone who isn't a whale it's awfully suspicious that you have two TMs from a base *4, within a week and a half of release. I've been dropped a few lapis refreshes a day since Snow came out and my Zidane is only at like 45%.

I guess you found a new job and got paid eh?

I got a Google Play gift card as an early xmas gift, and used it to get a bunch of lapis while the black friday sale was going on. Then I did a shitload of TM grinding :getin:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Decided to dump the 3 amazon tix and got Fang, Hope, Hope. Currently doing some bonus runs With triple Hope + Lightning netting me around 1000 gears per run.

Got the tix, quartz, cactuars and cheap mats. Guess I'm done for now and will grind up and store some Cactuars.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The best weapon for Snow beside's Xiao's TM is his coat right?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The best weapon for Snow beside's Xiao's TM is his coat right?

No. The Sonic Knuckles are the best fist weapon in the game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
1/2 pull was Hope and then 2 out of 5 hanging garden runs had a gigantaur with my now +250% bonus team. :unsmith:

Event's still grindy as poo poo but being guaranteed 750+ gears per run is nice.

Saving my 3 amazing tickets for Orlandu because I've already been burned hard enough trying to chase lightning and I'd rather get burned chasing him.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'm taking stats since yesterday and 20 Hanging Gardens Pro have given me one gigantaur.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
20 Hanging Edge ELT's and I seen maybe 4 or 5.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Threw today's free ticket at Lighting. She threw 3* Firion at me. :geno:

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Tipme posted:

20 Hanging Edge ELT's and I seen maybe 4 or 5.

I've seen four the entire event and I've put almost all my nrg towards it. Lucky to see one a day. Comparable to the BF event, maybe 5% rate at best?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Threw today's free ticket at Lighting. She threw 3* Firion at me. :geno:
I believe Firion gets pretty good in the future when he gets his 6*, especially if you have a dual wield TM.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I believe Firion gets pretty good in the future when he gets his 6*, especially if you have a dual wield TM.

As I've said on the discord, 6* Firion is the game's best chassis on which to staple TMRs. He doesn't really have much as far as big nukes of his own (though once enhancements hit his capstone skill gets pretty solidly punchy), but he gets an absurd amount of Killer and Mastery (+stats w/equip) passives.

Slap a Dual Wield and a Barrage (and/or Orlandu's TMR, but if you have that then why isn't Orlandu getting all your TMRs) on him and he's top shelf. Even without that he's solid.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 11, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

PaybackJack posted:

Rumor mill is that we're getting Christmas exclusive units like we did Halloween, and won't be getting Orlandu until after that in January.

I hope not, the halloween units were lame.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I just hope I can finish all the TMs for Firion before we get his 6*. I already have Dual Wield and Barrage, just need all the best equipment.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

Draculasswell is a decent high end physical DPS. Demon Rain is a funky yet serviceable tank. Obviously they weren't no Lightning, Luneth, Cecil, or WoL, but they were decent.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Nuebot posted:

BC Lid is awesome. And broken.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I hope so, I love getting like... 10 Black Cat Lids then not realizing their inherent worth until a month and a half later.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Wait, BC Lid is useful?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Armitage posted:

Wait, BC Lid is useful?

Yes. And broken.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Armitage posted:

Wait, BC Lid is useful?

Hex Strike is one of the best moves in the game.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Seriously, I can field an entire team of 6*s, but I still leave a slot for BC Lid because it's awesome locking down every boss that doesn't null literally all status effects.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I whaled on $100 worth of two $50 Lapis bundles during black friday and I'm down to 3000~ now. All those 3k 6* awakening packages depleted my supply right quick.

The other mobile game I play, Marvel Future Fight, keeps adding content that allows for multiple clears but removes the characters you use from the pool once you use them to clear. Do you guys think a game mode like that would be viable in this game?

- Required a full party of 5 units, chosen on entry(so it doesn't mess with your static team)
- Characters must be max level
- Each character can be used once per day (not individual unit; meaning if you have two Lightnings you can only send 1 of them per day)
- No friend unit allowed
- Clearable up to 5 times per day
- no NRG entry fee
- had a rotation of bosses with increased stats, or even like a 10 boss rush kind of deal where the bosses scale in difficulty from battle to battle

Basically it would be nice if the game gave me more reason to want to build up some of these others characters. In the past couple days I've pulled Freya and Tellah and have a ton of other characters that it would be neat if the game gave me some reason to use them. With 5 runs each using 5 characters you'd need 25 different units so it's possible that new players could complete the mode with some of the 3* friend units in their party to pad out teams.

There doesn't even need to be a super good reward. Like if the bosses dropped a single random 5*/ 6* mat would be enough but not too much.

There was word on the JP dev stream about a 10-unit format thing coming down the pipeline so I bet they're planning to do something like this.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Armitage posted:

Wait, BC Lid is useful?
Hex strike applies 3 random status effects. It also skips status effects the target is immune to. So if a target is vulnerable only to paralyze, silence, and sleep, those status effects are always applied. Always. Even if it is at 90% resist.
It's badly coded and no other ability in the game works like it. It is how you farm bosses that have any status vulnerability.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Mrit SA posted:

Hex strike applies 3 random status effects. It also skips status effects the target is immune to. So if a target is vulnerable only to paralyze, silence, and sleep, those status effects are always applied. Always. Even if it is at 90% resist.
It's badly coded and no other ability in the game works like it. It is how you farm bosses that have any status vulnerability.

Now that I think about it, this makes me excited for all the Cecils in arena next week wearing the new helm, as unless they equip a jeweled ring, it will be 3 times more likely to stone them. :cheers:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is the Chainsaw thing still viable (situationally of course) going forward? Back up to 4 Edgars after fusing 3 the first month of the game or so and wondering if I should level them.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

KDdidit posted:

Is the Chainsaw thing still viable (situationally of course) going forward? Back up to 4 Edgars after fusing 3 the first month of the game or so and wondering if I should level them.

Two (or three, if you're really bad at timing) Edgars should be all you need for chainsaw meta. It's still viable, but its use will see a sharp dropoff when people start getting Orlandus and can just chain Holy Explosions together.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
gently caress, this game is really good at making you feel like poo poo. I just hosed up an ELT run because I wasn't paying attention and I just lost back-to-back Arena matches against the same team using Gilgamesh + Golem Staff. His Divider was loving insane and Stoned at least 3 of my guys each time he used it while killing off the rest.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I guess it's time to level Lid then :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mrit SA posted:

Welp Im spending the rest of my gigantaurs on this bc lid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

NinjaDebugger posted:

No. The Sonic Knuckles are the best fist weapon in the game.

But I thought Snow's jacket had a high ATK than the sonic knuckles?

• Locked thread