Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Lebron got roasted here and elsewhere when he said those kinds of things his first couple years with the heat too. Of course Durant is going to go through it too.

If he gets a ring a bunch of it will stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

E2M2 posted:

It's cool when everyone piles on the Warriors every time they lose. But when they were playing like poo poo and still stomped the clippers y'all were nowhere you be found
i was here and, hell, it's still fun to pile on the warriors every time they lose. we're not going to like complement them on their excellent play. they're supposed to be the best team of all time and their bitchmade level is over 9000 so getting curb stomped by troy williams will have the margaritas flowing and the glasses toasting.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lebron would still be a bitch meme if a very specific set of circumstances didn't occur in the 2nd year of that heats team after they lost in the finals, and were down a Bosh for half the playoffs, which led to Center lebron carrying the team.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

"why does everyone hate my team" chat is of a rare vintage already this year and I, for one, am stoked.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

straight up brolic posted:

"why does everyone hate my team" chat is of a rare vintage already this year and I, for one, am stoked.

its just not fair!!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
My team sucks this year and no one talks about them so GSW chat is super fun.

I'd argue you can't say defense is lame, Go Rox, when GSW's problem is defense as well. But I do love Point God James Harden.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Eltoasto posted:

Who knew that Joe Johnson was the 2nd most clutch player in the league??

https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/775343220159111169

It's not updated for this season, it was made to demonstrate how improved PG is because this year he is 57% or something.

Dejan did

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

My team sucks this year and no one talks about them so GSW chat is super fun.

I'd argue you can't say defense is lame, Go Rox, when GSW's problem is defense as well. But I do love Point God James Harden.

The warriors are top 10 in defense

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

It's not updated for this season, it was made to demonstrate how improved PG is because this year he is 57% or something.

Kyrie is so goddamn good in the late 4th/overtime. I think he's got a 99% ft in overtime too. #clutch

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Duncd on had a good bit on kyrie on how he's a perfect playoff player but just above average in the regular season .

Still can't forget that 3 he drilled in stephs face.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Tae posted:

yeah but their offense is so much better than their defense

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Tae posted:

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make. The discussion we've been having is if GSW's lack of rim protection will hurt them in the playoffs or not. If you believe an offensive juggernaut doesn't need a good defense, like the Rockets, then GSW's weakness, defensive rim protecting, won't be a problem for them either.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Lockback posted:

Lebron got roasted here and elsewhere when he said those kinds of things his first couple years with the heat too. Of course Durant is going to go through it too.

I think Durant is in a tougher spot because he joined a team that was already a Championship favorite without him. Him getting a ring is expected, his team is so much more talented than anyone else in the league.

And while Lebron's image got better in Miami over time, I don't think he flipped most everyone till he won in Cleveland which was a feel-good story.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean we'll never know because the warriors are going to employ Durant/Green as the front court for far larger minutes than we'll ever see in the regular season so everyone's spitballing about playoffs that are still like 5 months away.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Niwrad posted:

And while Lebron's image got better in Miami over time, I don't think he flipped most everyone till he won in Cleveland which was a feel-good story.

i was a lebron hater and so was my girlfriend.

now we both think he's just fine.

the championship and the warriors hype has severely rehabbed his image

E2M2 posted:

It's cool when everyone piles on the Warriors every time they lose. But when they were playing like poo poo and still stomped the clippers y'all were nowhere you be found

lmao, i was right here. get this, sports fans don't like it when they're told to worship another team. other teams can begrudgingly earn the respect of sports fans, but it can't just be granted.

for instance, the lovable Tennessee bears knocked out my spurs from the playoffs several years ago and i said to myself, "hey this team has character and spirit. i like them"

as for the warriors, they're bitchmade and arrogant. people like to watch them lose. i hope they lose tonight and end up tied with the floundering spurs for 1st in the west

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 12, 2016

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

hating on lebron owned and then his redemption was also good. if you didn't like him after the spurs epic idk.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bulls-heat rivalry that year when derrick rose had knees owned. it's a lot easier to not care about lebron now that my team has no chance of winning a playoff series.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

i was here and, hell, it's still fun to pile on the warriors every time they lose. we're not going to like complement them on their excellent play. they're supposed to be the best team of all time and their bitchmade level is over 9000 so getting curb stomped by troy williams will have the margaritas flowing and the glasses toasting.
Seriously
When you have that roster and you lose, ever, you deserve to be dogpiled and Joe Lacob should personally receive a sliding Jermaine O'Neal super punch

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Y'all just should've been more into the Lakers, who did things The Right Way you all covet :colbert:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It was too hard for me to be into Stoner Not as Good as Pop, Basketball Autist, Proto-Dwight, and future ex-coach Tiny McHugebutt, plus the Kings were the more fun Californian team to watch

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lockback posted:

My hating will only become more passionate should Durant win a ring, with the team that beat him

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The Thunder make no sense statically but they manage to scratch and claw to wins. I love my dumb team

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

hating on lebron owned and then his redemption was also good. if you didn't like him after the spurs epic idk.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

NickRoweFillea posted:

I would like to put this out here: if we have any talented artists I would very much want to see a commission of Westbrook as Guts, Durant as Griffith, Curry as Void, Klay as Ubik, Draymond as Conrad, and Iggy as Slan during the Eclipse. If you could do this or point me in the direction of someone that could I would appreciate it. Thank you

Griffith did nothing wrong

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Eltoasto posted:

"joe johnson is the clutchest motherfucker in the universe" is a common phrase round these parts

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

EvanTH posted:

Griffith did nothing wrong

This is the worst troll you've ever attempted

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The most memorable part of that series was the photo of all the Heat fans trying to get back into the arena in Game 6.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Even Jason Kidd knows Joe is clutch
https://youtu.be/jawLXTOGbT8

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hating and cheering for LeBron rules because he's a giant man god who is the best player on the planet and doesn't care if people hate him and even take steps to troll them. WWE heel at its best.

Durant is a face that everyone in the crowd would rather boo.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Klay Thompson is the PBS logo

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

Steph Curry is Franklin the turtle

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

NickRoweFillea posted:

Javale is Arthur

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Strawberry Panda posted:

But I do love Point God James Harden.

The only god I'd compare James Harden to is Hypnos.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

NickRoweFillea posted:

This is the worst troll you've ever attempted

Sorry, the man just got his ow kingdom, by any means necessary.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

*Lebron voice* Yeah, it's like......literature.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Panzeh posted:

Sorry, the man just got his ow kingdom, by any means necessary.

Don't encourage this Persona Hitler

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Strawberry Panda posted:

I'd argue you can't say defense is lame, Go Rox, when GSW's problem is defense as well.

They have the best D FG% in the entire league right now.

Strawberry Panda posted:

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make. The discussion we've been having is if GSW's lack of rim protection will hurt them in the playoffs or not. If you believe an offensive juggernaut doesn't need a good defense, like the Rockets, then GSW's weakness, defensive rim protecting, won't be a problem for them either.

The Warriors aren't the absolute best D team in all measurements but D FG% is the most stable measurement I've seen for playoff/championship viability.

Noctone posted:

Ironic since a block is probably going to end up being the most iconic play of his entire career.

Also I think he cares very much about blocks, it's just that he saves them for when it will maximize embarrassment to the opposing player. I love it when he baits people like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py0-l1M_870

I agree that he picks his moments. I meant that he doesn't care about getting ten in one game. Like if some coach commanded him to get seven or eight blocks in a game I'd think he could do it within a few weeks.

It's not a fault really either because blocks/steals are overrated.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i hope the fans don't get into durant's head; otherwise he'll be forced to retire and join them

Kevin Durant: eSports commentator.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

chunkles posted:

Meanwhile Gordon now has 9 consecutive games with a three, the fourth longest in NBA history (Curry is the first three)

That isn't close to the record. http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pstreak.cgi?request=1&year_min=2012&year_max=2017&is_playoffs=N&c1stat=fg3&c1comp=ge&c1val=1

Lockback posted:

28 other teams wish they were so dicey. They are still the favorite even if I'd give them a 50% chance at the chip right now. I'd say Cleveland is 25% and the field is 25%. You still need to play the games but this is the biggest favourite Durant had ever played on by a long shot.

BBRs current opinion:

code:
Tm			Championship Chance
Golden State Warriors	1 in 3
Toronto Raptors		1 in 4
Los Angeles Clippers	1 in 6
Cleveland Cavaliers	1 in 7
Houston Rockets		1 in 20
San Antonio Spurs	1 in 27
Detroit Pistons		1 in 45
Utah Jazz		1 in 71
Charlotte Hornets	1 in 142
Chicago Bulls		1 in 250
Oklahoma City Thunder	1 in 250
Boston Celtics		1 in 333
:rip: other eighteen teams.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

News:

Khloé and Lamar are officially divorced
http://pagesix.com/2016/12/10/khloe-and-lamar-are-officially-divorced/

James Edward Harden Jr. AKA The Beard is the fifth player in NBA history to miss a triple-double by one rebound on back-to-back days. The others to do this were Walter Frazier Jr. (1969), Earvin Johnson Jr. (1985), Jason Frederick Kidd (2000) and Baron Walter Louis Davis AKA The Beard (2006).

https://twitter.com/CJC9BOSS/status/807789394212036608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Horace Grant Didn't Always Need Those Goggles, But He Kept Wearing Them For The Kids
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/horace-grant-didnt-always-those-171016621.html

Only a few more weeks and LBJ is displacing MJ.

code:
NP	Player
5986.24	Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4915.4	Artis Gilmore
4915.28	Karl Malone
4688.56	Reggie Miller
4381.56	Adrian Dantley
4349.08	Charles Barkley
4188.12	Shaquille O'Neal
4053.56	Dirk Nowitzki
3895.32	Michael Jordan
3843.08	LeBron James
He might even catch Dirk this year if he remains injured.

• Locked thread