Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

rabidsquid posted:

the problem with the "my adc is useless" thing is that if you leave them to their own devices there's a strong chance that they will be 100% useless. you really need to be able to recognize when you need to help your adc and when it's time to roam, because you can strike a balance without leaving someone to 1v2.

also hanging around a good adc 24/7 isnt even right either, because sometimes they're just going to be safe farming a side wave and all you're doing is leeching exp and not being somewhere actually useful. there's no single hard or fast rule for when you should be where as a support, and learning when to be where is probably the #1 support skill imo

While this is true, let me just say, as an ADC main, that any time I die without the support standing literally on top of me, no matter how much I screwed up, it's actually the supports fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Yeah let me clarify my post was "within a teamfight" priorities. Who you are near on the map is a whole different thing. ADC solo farming a sidewave is a thing that happens a lot and the support shouldn't usually be involved in that after lane phase, though keep an eye on them and go join them if someone on the enemy team is coming to murder them.

Warding so that they can safely farm IS part of your job though.

rabidsquid posted:

learning when to be where is probably the #1 support skill imo

Pretty much.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That said:

It's worth remembering that a support can put out 3+1 wards in usual circumstances and that isn't enough to cover every path so even if you're the all-powerful ADC you really should remember to hit the 4 button from time to time yourself.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaNANTQH0zc

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Dear Riot "Games",

Another new ""champion"" has appeared upon the rift twixt Aatrox and Zzyra, and yet I note with distaste that ONCE AGAIN, it is NOT the champion that you SHOULD release: Well, The Water Wizard. I have sent another letter of complaint to the better business bureau and I expect remunerations posthaste.

Sincerely,
Wellwizard Q Wellington

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDT1r55vwjM&t=17s

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
what happens if you vi ult of the camille ult?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

underage at the vape shop posted:

what happens if you vi ult of the camille ult?

you can't. Nothing gets the target out of camille ult.

there is of course going to be some sort of edgecase or bug that lets someone escape but makes them unable to flash for the rest of the game.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

SaffronKit posted:

you can't. Nothing gets the target out of camille ult.

there is of course going to be some sort of edgecase or bug that lets someone escape but makes them unable to flash for the rest of the game.

so it just doesn't cast? or do you start flying to the target and just stop at the edge?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
this champ sounds stupid and im loving m ad!!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

If I play solo 99% of the time should I queue in Flex or Solo/Duo? Is there much of a difference, and is one a better place to try and rank up?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

underage at the vape shop posted:

so it just doesn't cast? or do you start flying to the target and just stop at the edge?

who knows? Riot has just very clearly stated that NOTHING will get you out of camille ult. Not flash, not teleport, not thresh lantern, not whatever mobility the champion trapped might have, even if it makes them unstopabble like Sion/vi/malph/kled ult. There was a video linked that showed Sion pinballing inside the Camille ult till it finally went down.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Vi ult will be cancelled and Malphite will be stopped. It's pretty great. Not even flash can get you out.

Also play solo queue, flex queue is dumb

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Teikanmi posted:

Also play solo queue, flex queue is dumb

No way, flex queue is giving me bonus IP and for some reason matching me against bronve V people that I can style on even though I only play flex when I'm drunk as poo poo. Flex queue is awesome.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

SaffronKit posted:

There was a video linked that showed Sion pinballing inside the Camille ult till it finally went down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVTBUOXpU9A

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Neurolimal posted:

The biggest question that comes to mind reading that is: why you need to be able to immediately go "that hero's a woman" in-game. To the best of my knowledge I can't think of a moba with a hero who needs that distinction, and at this point I've played safely double-digit number of mobas.

Why do women need heros? Just look at the male champions if you need someone to look up to

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

OK this thing where you have close to no impact on the outcome of the game unless you're the jungler is getting tiresome now, can we fix it please.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

OK this thing where you have close to no impact on the outcome of the game unless you're the jungler is getting tiresome now, can we fix it please.

Play ARAM, theres no jungle at all.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Why do women need heros? Just look at the male champions if you need someone to look up to

Sorry, is "men and women look the same in our crummy graphics engine" the same as not having female characters now?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Sorry, is "men and women look the same in our crummy graphics engine" the same as not having female characters now?

Sorry, I think its cool to be able to go that girls kicking butt!

in response to:

Neurolimal posted:

The biggest question that comes to mind reading that is: why you need to be able to immediately go "that hero's a woman" in-game. To the best of my knowledge I can't think of a moba with a hero who needs that distinction, and at this point I've played safely double-digit number of mobas.

Really what I'm trying to say is what should I build on my morgana only top account

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Not really saying that, just that "this person is X gender" isn't really a mandatory thing that demands overexaggerated elements, until we get like a succubus/incubi hero with gender-discriminatory skills

gragas has big tits and i dont think its affected his effectiveness

Orv
May 4, 2011
Calling it now, if Poppy tries to ride Camille out of her ult something will go very, very wrong.

E: Also welcome to a new era of bad Gragas ults, with the knockback on her Thunderdome.

Orv fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 12, 2016

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

Not really saying that, just that "this person is X gender" isn't really a mandatory thing that demands overexaggerated elements, until we get like a succubus/incubi hero with gender-discriminatory skills

All champions should be identical, genderless robots.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I for one am glad we're past the age of pizza feet and triangle tits.

The CoC nerf hurt a decent bit but Supoppy still wrecking house.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

mistaya posted:

Yeah let me clarify my post was "within a teamfight" priorities. Who you are near on the map is a whole different thing. ADC solo farming a sidewave is a thing that happens a lot and the support shouldn't usually be involved in that after lane phase, though keep an eye on them and go join them if someone on the enemy team is coming to murder them.

Warding so that they can safely farm IS part of your job though.

Pretty much.
an adc solo farming bot after 25 mins is basically giving free baron to enemies tho.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It's tough to show that a character is male without rendering their enormous dick

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

in a masculine environment people are just gonna assume the feminine champs are feminine dudes, just look at ezreal.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

kingcobweb posted:

It's tough to show that a character is male without rendering their enormous dick

Actually you'll find that since male is the assumed default human, no sexual characteristics are needed at all.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Work Friend Keven posted:

Actually you'll find that since male is the assumed default human, no sexual characteristics are needed at all.

What if I just want a champion with an enormous dick? :colbert:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You can upgrade Viktor's

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I mean, Hecarim is pretty much a horse...

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'd recommend Kog Maw since he's a penis on legs.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yasuo and the person playing him

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i like that everyone had their own unique answer the "dick champion" question

Orv
May 4, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Sona.

Too far?

Orv fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Dec 12, 2016

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
30s till minions spawn and idk what abilities to take on poppy support, help tia

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Dec 12, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
Abilities? Start with E so you can get a dive away from your support.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
I've been liking carry supports at the moment like vel'koz and (lol) lichbane sona, because you can adjust to fit the ADC. If they're going to carry you build supportive items; if they're blowing goats you go full ham after sightstone. Or yeah, roam and get your mid/top ahead.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC_i_mHP-xo

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Flex queue placements are so weird. I played a game last night where I literally couldn't play half the game because of lag and the other half of the game I was teleporting around the map and barely able to use my skills.

We won.

Luden's zac :vomit:

• Locked thread