Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Doesn't exdeath's LB work the same way? I noticed it always paralzyes the event bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Doesn't exdeath's LB work the same way? I noticed it always paralzyes the event bosses.

No, Exdeath's LB has a high chance(50%-74%) to apply all status effects. This is more limited as:
1) It is a LB and takes time to charge.
2) It isn't guaranteed.

Edit: And to clarify, Hex Strike is only on BC Lid, not regular Lid. She was a global exclusive during Halloween(which explains why she is broken, as Gumi US made her).

Mrit SA fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 12, 2016

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Aside from whaling, how the gently caress do you get TM up in a reasonable amount of time? 0.1% 10% of the time you run a quest seems absurd.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Rigel posted:

Aside from whaling, how the gently caress do you get TM up in a reasonable amount of time? 0.1% 10% of the time you run a quest seems absurd.

Running macros on an emulator overnight/all day.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mrit SA posted:

No, Exdeath's LB has a high chance(50%-74%) to apply all status effects. This is more limited as:
1) It is a LB and takes time to charge.
2) It isn't guaranteed.

Edit: And to clarify, Hex Strike is only on BC Lid, not regular Lid. She was a global exclusive during Halloween(which explains why she is broken, as Gumi US made her).

And, just based on experience with other mobile games that had separate global releases like this, it means it's less likely to get balanced in the future. I have like three black cats though, I might mess with them some later on, I kind of want a hat at least.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Palleon posted:

Running macros on an emulator overnight/all day.

lol, I'm not going to do that. (I think)

So, I guess I just try to get as many Trust Moogles as I can and accept the slow pace?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Rigel posted:

lol, I'm not going to do that. (I think)

So, I guess I just try to get as many Trust Moogles as I can and accept the slow pace?

I thought the same thing when I started. "I'll never do that, that's crazy." Here I am 5 months in, macroing all night, because even with moogles it's completely impossible to get more than one like every 6 months any other way.

Edit: To help illustrate, I pulled Kefka and ExDeath the first day I started playing, and they have been on my team for practically every story dungeon, event, vortex mission, etc. They are at 9.8% and 11.2% respectively.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 12, 2016

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I read in this thread that macroing is okay with the company, but I'm seeing it as a TOS violation elsewhere. Which is it?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CyberLord XP posted:

I read in this thread that macroing is okay with the company, but I'm seeing it as a TOS violation elsewhere. Which is it?

In Japan it's a bannable offense. In Global, if they banned people for it they'd have to ban 99% of their playerbase and it would literally be the death of the game.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Is Charlotte good? Googling around it seems like she is good (I saw a recommendation that she is actually better than WoL?). I don't have a tank on my team and don't know if she is worth swapping in - my team is CoD, Elza, Farris, Exdeath and Lenna.

Oh and I used my free ticket and got another Fang. That is 8 fangs out of 15 pulls for those counting.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

rio posted:

Is Charlotte good? Googling around it seems like she is good (I saw a recommendation that she is actually better than WoL?). I don't have a tank on my team and don't know if she is worth swapping in - my team is CoD, Elza, Farris, Exdeath and Lenna.

Oh and I used my free ticket and got another Fang. That is 8 fangs out of 15 pulls for those counting.

You need a full breaker more than a tank, so I'd keep Farris in until you find someone better.

To clarify, other than arena and some of the very recent trials/event bosses, I've found absolutely no need for a tank for any of the content I've run up against. Maybe I'd level up Charlotte if you have your core 5 all maxed for arena purposes but otherwise I think you should stick with what you've got.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 12, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KataraniSword posted:

Two (or three, if you're really bad at timing) Edgars should be all you need for chainsaw meta. It's still viable, but its use will see a sharp dropoff when people start getting Orlandus and can just chain Holy Explosions together.

Or when Maxwell gets her 6* form because chaining Endless can pretty much guarantee you the ability to LB/summon spam as long as there's multiple enemies. Even against solo targets the Maxwells can usually self-sustain because they get an LB fill rate boost in their 6* form and elemental chaining two 33 hit attacks is going to churn out LB crystals while letting everyone else do max damage chained hits.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

rio posted:

Charlotte is a better tank than WoL, but WoL has Full Break which, as others have noted, is Pretty Important - important enough that Faris is arguably better for your team than her.

When WoL gets his 6*, he completely and utterly outshines her until she gets her 6* - which won't be for at least half a year if not longer. When that happens, though, she goes from "arguably better than 5* WoL" to "potentially better than 6* Cecil depending on situation".

6* Charlotte is absurd and it makes me really sad that Japan just got her so we aren't getting her any time soon at all.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
2-headed down. Dana's quad hit Lightning makes it take far less time that it would otherwise. I can't imagine dealing with the boss's AOE debuffs without a CoD for Comeback.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im up to my fourth ludmile. Why cant I have 4 zidanes instead

What caster benefits from them, given that the ones Im leveling already have dualcast or double black?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im up to my fourth ludmile. Why cant I have 4 zidanes instead

What caster benefits from them, given that the ones Im leveling already have dualcast or double black?

Refia. Oh god, Refia. There is nothing so close to true happiness as having Refia toss off Esuna or Full Life plus a Curaja, not in this cursed game.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

It's really more who doesn't benefit from it, which are people who already have it.

Put it on Cecil for a double-curaja-ing wall of gently caress Off. Put it on anyone with Raise. Put it on any caster at all that doesn't have it.

It's still super good.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Drew a gold Vanille. Weird that it's now off banner.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

McSpankWich posted:

I thought the same thing when I started. "I'll never do that, that's crazy." Here I am 5 months in, macroing all night, because even with moogles it's completely impossible to get more than one like every 6 months any other way.

Edit: To help illustrate, I pulled Kefka and ExDeath the first day I started playing, and they have been on my team for practically every story dungeon, event, vortex mission, etc. They are at 9.8% and 11.2% respectively.

Actually my day 1 Kefka is doing pretty well TM wise because I pulled 13 more and shoved 9 of them into him.

But the first part of this was totally me. I'm sure you could even find the posts in my history where I bitch about how Macro'ing is awful and dumb. Look at me now.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I've started spending lapis on nrg refreshes for TM grinding. Dual wield is at 98.7%, and I just want it now dammit. Got Excalibur yesterday with blade mastery and Maxwell's tm also in the pipeline. Ugh, why is all the best poo poo locked behind such an awful grind. At least Gilgamesh should be a beast soon. I wish you could stack dual wield with his gauntlets and let him quad-wield.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I'm thinking about doing the same just so I can have 2x Blade Masteries and DWs ready to go for Chiz's 6* form. Running two copies of her and generating perfect element chains with Kazekiri is going to be amazing.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chased the Dragon. Caught it. Killed it.

I totally used Diabolos on the last round of attacks, it even drained my Summon bar, but I didn't get the 'kill with an esper' trophy. What a cheat.

I did manage to get the 'kill with 5 party members' achieve, though, with Dana's help.

Round 1: Buffs and auto-attacks.
Every other round: Sacred Guard (if up), Comeback (if needed), Double Curajas (or Guard) for Refia, Else Auto-attack.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Did you guys know that Lightning is on banner this week?

It's ok though, his best unit is just a fencer, I got this.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
The last two events have been enough to get my whole team (Bartz, Demon Rain, CoD, Refia, Exdeath) to 6*. I'm using left over gears to buy catuars in order to level them now.

After they get to max level, should I go for equipment or concentrate on espers for a bit?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Did you guys know that Lightning is on banner this week?

It's ok though, his best unit is just a fencer, I got this.

You probably already know but that's YouTuber ePinkWhale: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4gCWL8mNXmG0tIAl_oVg2Q

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

You probably already know but that's YouTuber ePinkWhale: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4gCWL8mNXmG0tIAl_oVg2Q

Nope, don't follow anything like that.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Thanks to all the goon Lightnings and Luneths on
my friends list(and a Chinese Luneth) that helped make PRO level painless, I finally got my first 6* unit awoken.

Chizuru, you're next :getin:

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.
To everyone that has been grumbling in the thread about not running into any Metal Gigantaurs in the Hanging Edge, I've found them. They're all hanging out with me. I have run into four today while farming so far, and I have lost count of my total over the entire event. Considering I had to grind materials for the awakenings of five units, it has been pretty helpful!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Yeah they upped their appearance rate. I tend to get 2-3 a day now when I used to get 0-1.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Which is cool because my 2x Lightning, 2x Sazh, Vanille, and friend lightning group get 4K gears when one shows up

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man
Thank you baram for the powerful friend.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kronikle posted:

:lol:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Kronikle posted:

Put this in the OP as guidance for how to properly gear your Bedile.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Daily Pull...Agrias?

Neato

Shame I probably wont be getting the moogle for this event, but I can still get the ticket

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

Put this in the OP as guidance for how to properly gear your Bedile.

Needs more Hero Rings, he is a hybrid afterall.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Double posting because it's official next week is 6* CHIZURU!

No new island but we have a Story for Charlotte, that's interesting.

ENCHANTED MAZE is also back for a week. Looking forward to those burst pots.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
ENCHANTED MAZE FINALLY MOTHERFUCKER

time to grind all week until my eyes bleed :woop:

Since I actually dodged :bedile: and pulled her royal Chorizo the other day: Is she worth maxing at all?

Mind you I'm really unlucky on physical attackers. Only decent ones I have is basically Firion and Bartz.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vax posted:

Since I actually dodged :bedile: and pulled her royal Chorizo the other day: Is she worth maxing at all?

Mind you I'm really unlucky on physical attackers. Only decent ones I have is basically Firion and Bartz.

She gets Stasis Blade as a normal attack and defense ignore single target and AOE attacks, and she has enhancements due when we get those. The only thing holding her back at all is her weapon selection, and she and her kids provide you everything she needs to be amazing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Any word on if Cheeze Whiz gets on a banner? I desperately need one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Vax posted:

She'll be better than Bartz at 6 in terms of raw damage, probably Firion at 6 as well, although both of them have more utility. Katana selection makes running more than 1 of her less viable. Compared to the others.

Cartoon Man posted:

Any word on if Cheeze Whiz gets on a banner? I desperately need one...

Seems unlikely. They haven't done a 5 character banner in a while and the banner that came with her in Japan is likely to be the same in Dark Fina, Luka, and Elle.

Though I don't think it would be a terrible idea to shove another fan voted banner out there. Maybe a 3 person banner with 1 character of 3/4/5 base star level voted on.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 13, 2016

• Locked thread