Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I can't believe Jimmy Fallon holds the fate of Hyrule in his hands.

Edit: I remember how excited he was whacking that Stalfos in a Skyward Sword demo like five years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I'm mildly disappointed because it still doesn't look as good as the reveal trailer :(

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Uh it looked good enough, so let me buy a switch and the new Zelda game plz.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That looked amazing and it looks smooth portably too. The Switch is going to be the best thing.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Nintendo is literally going to save gaming with this. Not since Mario Kart 8 have we been so blessed.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mabels big day posted:

Nintendo is literally going to save gaming with this. Not since Mario Kart 8 have we been so blessed.

How dare you sully the name of Breath of the Wild with no-doubt comparative filth, amazing game Mario Kart 8?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You'd think the PS Vita or the 3DS would have done that. Maybe having the Switch as the main console and forcing people who want a Nintendo to have a portable device is what will do it.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
I feel like the 3DS was already pulling them out of a slump.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If anything, the Switch is gonna force people who want a Nintendo console to have a home one.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's going to force people like me who have both handheld and home Nintendo consoles to only have 1 and I appreciate that.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's going to force people like me who have both handheld and home Nintendo consoles to only have 1 and I appreciate that.

Same, and I am happy about that. Having said that, I fear that there is going to be a shortage of the fuckers in March and I won't be able to get one for some time. Not a big deal, but frustrating.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That's going to be the coolest poo poo, I hope we get some way to get 3DS games on there too if the screen is touch. One unified device that holds everything Nintendo would rule.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

JustJeff88 posted:

Same, and I am happy about that. Having said that, I fear that there is going to be a shortage of the fuckers in March and I won't be able to get one for some time. Not a big deal, but frustrating.

Yeah, I'm gonna hold off on buying the switch until this Zelda cooking game is out.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I just watched SMD64's analysis of the frame rates from BotW's GA footage, and I've come to the conclusion that I can't see framerates.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why would anyone watch an SMD64 video. The entire summer he was swearing the switch was as powerful as Scorpio and calling everyone else liars.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

greatn posted:

Why would anyone watch an SMD64 video. The entire summer he was swearing the switch was as powerful as Scorpio and calling everyone else liars.

Yeah, and that's funny as hell, but he was also the first thing that came up when I searched for info on BotW framerates.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I've come to the conclusion that I can't see framerates.

Same. The only time I've ever noticed it was watching the Hobbit in 3D.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Umbra Dubium posted:

Same. The only time I've ever noticed it was watching the Hobbit in 3D.

Which was freaky then cool. But a bunch of film snobs cried because it wasn't what they are used to and called it bad.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah, and that's funny as hell, but he was also the first thing that came up when I searched for info on BotW framerates.

In the GameXplain video they slowed it down to a third of speed and in the explosion you sorta see the Wii U version stop and skip a few times while the Switch continued moving smooth in the slowmo.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

In the GameXplain video they slowed it down to a third of speed and in the explosion you sorta see the Wii U version stop and skip a few times while the Switch continued moving smooth in the slowmo.

Yeah, watched that one too, but I couldn't see it. Maybe it's my tv.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

greatn posted:

More like SMDH64

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna hold off on buying the switch until this Zelda cooking game is out.

I'm all about the Mario games and supposedly there will be one at launch, I just think that there will be another Nintendo Hardware Shortage (tm) and I won't be able to get one unless I camp out all night (not bloody happening) or buy one for $2,000 from some oval office on eBay (also not happening).

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm all about the Mario games and supposedly there will be one at launch, I just think that there will be another Nintendo Hardware Shortage (tm) and I won't be able to get one unless I camp out all night (not bloody happening) or buy one for $2,000 from some oval office on eBay (also not happening).

Dude just go to GameStop Jan 12 and put down $30, you'll be covered.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

greatn posted:

Dude just go to GameStop Jan 12 and put down $30, you'll be covered.

I wouldn't count on being able to do that.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They'll have preorders for it. They didn't for the NES mini because they thought it was a niche system. This is their main bread and butter.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
What was the WiiU launch like?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

coffeecup posted:

It's light enough that it can go real far, but it doesn't land very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

coffeecup posted:

It sold out but preorders were available months in advance, as soon as it was announced at E3

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

greatn posted:

They'll have preorders for it. They didn't for the NES mini because they thought it was a niche system. This is their main bread and butter.

Yeah but preorders can sell out these days too so it's not guaranteed.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

greatn posted:

They didn't have preorders in the US for the NES Mini? You poor bastards :suspense:.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
You could preorder amiibos too you idiots.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
I realized recently that the laser arrow in this game seems to be a separate thing tied to a normal arrow. If you look at the BOTW archer amiibo, it's more noticeable.

I wonder if this means the ammo is interchangeable, like you have a laser/fire/ice knife that you can melee with, or strap it to an arrow or spear.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Picked up Minish Cap for the Wii U VC. Charming as heck.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It is underrated. Just don't try to fuse every kinstone.

Which is hard for me since I like to 100% every other Zelda game.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh and do yourself a favor and look up how to get The Light Arrows. One of the few permanently missable things in all of zelda.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just settle for completing the figurines and call that 100%. On virtual console you can savescum. The roll is the same each time but you can use it to spend the minimum needed points to get a new figurine.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm going to fuse all the kinstones.

jivjov posted:

Oh and do yourself a favor and look up how to get The Light Arrows. One of the few permanently missable things in all of zelda.

You got to me just in the nick of time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Godspeed

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

You got to me just in the nick of time.

It took me two full tries through the game to do it, but I finally did it once. It probably will involve traveling all over the world to see which fellow in the corner you missed. Good luck!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

No you aren't.