Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

A clean hit.

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/CzbC9hEVIAAn39n.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's a good thing the Eagles were getting all the calls though, right? Otherwise they would have lost by 30.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

romanowski posted:

is it true that the redskins have literally the worst third down defense of all time or is that just in like the last ten years or something?

Its like 42% or something crazy. Don't know if its all time or not but it sure feels like it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

I'm still really angry about this.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Hot take: Wentz is an average qb and Dak is just better.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yodzilla posted:

I'm still really angry about this.

Its moronic that you can run downfield at full speed and plow into a stationary target period. Interference should be reserved for someone getting pushed into a returner or other forms of incidental contact. Flattening a dude like that is only designed to injure.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

Its moronic that you can run downfield at full speed and plow into a stationary target period. Interference should be reserved for someone getting pushed into a returner or other forms of incidental contact. Flattening a dude like that is only designed to injure.

What was the actual flag for?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

pro starcraft loser posted:

What was the actual flag for?

The flag was for interference on the return. If you beat the ball to the returner and plow him over then you aren't even playing the return. I get wanting to drill a guy as he makes the catch to try and force a fumble, but when you beat the ball to the spot, you have to stop. Hundreds of dudes do it. The Redskins runner made no attempt at even slowing down and was just banking on hitting Sproles as the ball did. It's reckless as gently caress and put him out of the game (and who knows how many more he'll miss).

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

The flag was for interference on the return. If you beat the ball to the returner and plow him over then you aren't even playing the return. I get wanting to drill a guy as he makes the catch to try and force a fumble, but when you beat the ball to the spot, you have to stop. Hundreds of dudes do it. The Redskins runner made no attempt at even slowing down and was just banking on hitting Sproles as the ball did. It's reckless as gently caress and put him out of the game (and who knows how many more he'll miss).

Oh wow, I thought it was for defenseless receiver. That's pretty dumb to leave it at just interference.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

hm call fair catch

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Also important to remember that Sproles had already returned one punt for a TD that got recalled on a pretty ticky-tack block in the back.

straight up brolic posted:

hm call fair catch

"Call fair catch or we'll send a goon to hospitalize you and eat the 15 yard penalty" is not how you force the fair catch; you force the fair catch by crowding the return man. If you are standing an inch in front of him then he isn't going to try and run with the ball.

Allowing a guy to run into a full speed tackle on a stationary, defenseless, receiver is retarded, and if you just brush that off as a 15 yard interference call you are basically giving teams an out to try and kill dangerous returners.

It's stupid and dirty.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

It's literally the reason why the fair catch rule exists. This or something like it happens every week because people are too dumb to signal. Unless the rules are changed why would you not try to destroy the dude? In the jakt up era these were spun into a weekly highlight

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HESNM7jzn4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yNtLBPznOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yziMVn0TGSw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhUekVcM60c

dozens of videos like this on youtube. the sproles hit is a mild one in the genre.

e: here's another skins one that's much worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnxBBd1gQVE

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 12, 2016

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

straight up brolic posted:

It's literally the reason why the fair catch rule exists.

Pretty much. There was a lot wrong with the hit, including timing and launching/targeting, but Sproles was not defenseless; he chose not to avail himself of the rule specifically designed to protect him from that. It was obviously a penalty but Everett has been a practice squad guy with no rep as a head hunter. I doubt there was any ill intent. It sucks that Sprples got hurt from it.

Skins have taken 5 straight from Philly for the first time since 84

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TheChirurgeon posted:

That's a weird way to parse that, but ok

You'll excuse me if I don't consider a 1-point win over a team starting a rookie QB in his first season game to be a resounding measure of strength. Both the Cowboys and the Giants have changed quite a bit since then.

will this do

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

thanks for quoting that post, but I'm sure people will continue to say the 9-4 Giants suck and don't deserve to make the playoffs citing some other bullshit.

They have flaws but so does every other team in the league. Even Dallas. That flaw mainly being that they can't beat the Giants.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
SUCK ALL THE MOTHER loving DICKS DALLAS

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
The Giants will deserve to make the playoffs if they actually make the playoffs. "Deserve" has got nothing to do with it.

All this game showed was that neither of these teams is very good

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That isn't true, I think both teams are very good.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Iodised QQ posted:

thanks for quoting that post, but I'm sure people will continue to say the 9-4 Giants suck and don't deserve to make the playoffs citing some other bullshit.

They have flaws but so does every other team in the league. Even Dallas. That flaw mainly being that they can't beat the Giants.

Actually Dallas has a really big flaw, their QB, WRs and RB are massively overrated.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

That isn't true, I think both teams are very good.

These are two deeply flawed teams that got to beat up on poo poo schedules in a year where there aren't any great teams.

The good news is that Seattle is garbage and got embarrassed on national TV by a team struggling to go 9-7

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

TheChirurgeon posted:

ahahahahahaohohohoho oh, the salt, the salt

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

The Giants will deserve to make the playoffs if they actually make the playoffs. "Deserve" has got nothing to do with it.

ahh the old "my team lost an ugly game, so both teams automatically suck" argument is one of my favorites and was used extensively during the Giants' 07 and 11 runs as well. It's an oldy but definitely a goody.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Has anyone posted this yet?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Iodised QQ posted:

ahh the old "my team lost an ugly game, so both teams automatically suck" argument is one of my favorites and was used extensively during the Giants' 07 and 11 runs as well. It's an oldy but definitely a goody.

it's not that, it's that there aren't any actually "great" teams this year. These teams don't suck, they just aren't "very good." The good news for them is that the NFL is bad

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

A bad game does not a bad team make. There aren't any complete teams this year but it certainly doesn't mean these teams are bad. If you want to see bad, look at the Eagles.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

A bad game does not a bad team make. There aren't any complete teams this year but it certainly doesn't mean these teams are bad. If you want to see bad, look at the Eagles.

I never said the word "bad"

vvv we're still a top 10 offense

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

drat, my team lost and is not a top 10 offense and defense. ..lost mofuckin season.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Giants/Cowboys matchups this year remind me of the Cowboys/Eagles games when Reid was running Philly. For whatever reason, Reid just knew how to pick apart the Cowboys.

Well, those two back to back games excluded.:mcnabb:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

All that hype for an AFC West primetime game because they think they are better than the NFCE. We got a dumpy 21 to 13 slop fest where the chiefs got a lead and then sat down and the Raiders just fumbled like a team that doesnt get the spotlight. Shame. And people want more of these teams in primetime over the kings?

Cowboys/Giants is going to be a spectacle of crazy football and put these non-primetime teams back to sleep at their real bedtimes.

Feel free to apologize for being so incredibly wrong.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I mean, it WAS a spectacle.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grittybeard posted:

Dez fumbling the ball on his only completion of the night made that post oh so so very right

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lol that prediction :trumppop:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
it's not like this game was like Kimbo Slice vs Dada 5000, except Dada won

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

exploded mummy posted:

Dez fumbling the ball on his only completion of the night made that post oh so so very right

I'd be more inclined to agree if it had happened when he was running into the end zone or something. Instead it was a desperation 4th down fairly deep in their own territory, which makes it just a funny note in a defensive slog of a game.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

Did you miss all the hilarious turnovers and excellent elite defensive plays and OBJ burning the entire secondary and the Cowboys scoring on a trick play and the game coming down to the wire about whether or not Dez caught it, after he did catch it and then dropped it

in the ice cold snow

NFCE primetime games own bones

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

drat, my team lost and is not a top 10 offense and defense. ..lost mofuckin season.

Read it however you want, I guess. I still think we'll finish 13-3

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grittybeard posted:

I'd be more inclined to agree if it had happened when he was running into the end zone or something. Instead it was a desperation 4th down fairly deep in their own territory, which makes it just a funny note in a defensive slog of a game.

it was on third down and not deep in their territory and not really a desperation throw

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Febreeze posted:

OBJ burning the entire secondary

I also watched him drop a bunch of passes including what very well could have been 2 different touchdowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Genocide Tendency posted:

I also watched him drop a bunch of passes including what very well could have been 2 different touchdowns.

Gotta keep it close. Giants could not hold onto a ball the entire first half.

• Locked thread