Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

Did you miss all the hilarious turnovers and excellent elite defensive plays and OBJ burning the entire secondary and the Cowboys scoring on a trick play and the game coming down to the wire about whether or not Dez caught it, after he did catch it and then dropped it

in the ice cold snow

NFCE primetime games own bones

Oh, it was COLD huh? Imagine that. Weird. Good defense you say? An exciting play or two that ended in a touchdown?

I wonder what other game happened this week you could say that about that you poo poo all over for no reason?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

exploded mummy posted:

it was on third down and not deep in their territory and not really a desperation throw

He's conflating it with the 4th down incompletion to end the game.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah this game was a turd but the NFC east is the B1G 10 of the NFL so stories of this game will be passed down as legend

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Genocide Tendency posted:

I also watched him drop a bunch of passes including what very well could have been 2 different touchdowns.

Yeah that's a pretty charitable read of the Giants' offensive success.

While the Giants' defense looked great, the Special Teams put in real work. Dallas was buried on pretty much every punt, and even when they got ok returns they were called back on stupid penalties. One of the reasons the Cowboys struggled so much on offense is having to start so many drives inside their own 10.

Grittybeard posted:

Oh, it was COLD huh? Imagine that. Weird. Good defense you say? An exciting play or two that ended in a touchdowns?

I wonder what other game happened this week you could say that about that you poo poo all over for no reason?

Are you talking about the Green Bay game where the Seahawks got shithoused so bad FOX turned away from the game with like 8 minutes left? Because that game loving owned

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--TNF, and solely because Febreerze poo poo on the higher scoring and more exciting prime time game this week

exploded mummy posted:

it was on third down and not deep in their territory and not really a desperation throw

Sure about that? I could have sworn it was 4th down, and by desperation I meant they were going for it on 4th out of desperation. If it was third never mind, I'm wrong on that part of things.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
two-time super bowl mvp

https://twitter.com/mhenderson95/status/808172697087655936

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Grittybeard posted:

Oh, it was COLD huh? Imagine that. Weird. Good defense you say? An exciting play or two that ended in a touchdown?

Why do you even come into the NFCE thread if you can't face the truth

Sexy Rexy

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grittybeard posted:

^^--TNF, and solely because Febreerze poo poo on the higher scoring and more exciting prime time game this week

Sure about that? I could have sworn it was 4th down, and by desperation I meant they were going for it on 4th out of desperation. If it was third never mind, I'm wrong on that part of things.

lol you are so pumped up trying to be mad at Febreeze you can't even remember something that didn't even happen an hour ago

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Actually Dallas has a really big flaw, their QB, WRs and RB are massively overrated.

If only Dallas had a quarterback that wasn't overrated to throw in there...

Edit:

P.S. FYI. The last time Romo had a quarterback rating less than <50 prior to 2015, it was 2009.

Lote fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 12, 2016

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lote posted:

If only Dallas had a quarterback that wasn't overrated to throw in there...

I'm glad they do because this is gonna be hilarious.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

exploded mummy posted:

lol you are so pumped up trying to be mad at Febreeze you can't even remember something that didn't even happen an hour ago

Febreeze's words hurt exploded mummy, I liked my game :colbert:

My point was intended to be that it isn't like Dez fumbling that ball 100% definitely lost them the game, that's all. The play was on their own 28, they had plenty of work to do even if he catches and holds on to that.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Week 1, Giants win 20-19

"Dak was a rookie in his first start, the Giants are peepee doodoo, he'll crush them the second time around because the Cowboys have come into their own now"

Week 14, Giants win 10-7

:chanpop: :chanpop:

"both teams suck :bahgawd: "

My only regret is that Dak has been exposed too early, giving the Cowboys a chance to remove the rookie from the best situation for a quarterback in the league and raises the possibility of going back to Romo before the desperation drive he would've come into when they were down by 17 in the 4th quarter of the divisional round to the Giants

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Iodised QQ posted:

Week 1, Giants win 20-19

"Dak was a rookie in his first start, the Giants are peepee doodoo, he'll crush them the second time around because the Cowboys have come into their own now"

Week 14, Giants win 10-7

:chanpop: :chanpop:
a

My only regret is that Dak has been exposed too early, giving the Cowboys a chance to remove the rookie from the best situation for a quarterback in the league and raises the possibility of going back to Romo before the desperation drive he would've come into when they were down by 17 in the 4th quarter of the divisional round to the Giants

What are you talking about? The Cowboys are going to ride Dak Prescot to a NFC Conference playoff / NFC championship game exit and trade Romo to the Broncos for a 2nd and a conditional.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

I was definitely wrong about the Giants' defense--it's better than I thought, even missing JPP. The offense looked very, very bad though.

Lote posted:

What are you talking about? The Cowboys are going to ride Dak Prescot to a NFC Conference playoff / NFC championship game exit and trade Romo to the Broncos for a 2nd and a conditional.

This is also probably still true

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I have been hoping Romo would come back since he was healthy. It's idiotic to have such a great QB sitting on the bench. Dak isn't going to turn into a bust just because he becomes the backup.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

blue squares posted:

I have been hoping Romo would come back since he was healthy. It's idiotic to have such a great QB sitting on the bench. Dak isn't going to turn into a bust just because he becomes the backup.

No but according to the ITKs the locker room will riot which will be the funny part.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jason Witten will not care, who gives a poo poo what Dez thinks

seems like a winning formula to me

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I kinda hope Dak gets back on track next week against the Bucs to silence the criticism he'll undoubtedly face this week

The Giants aren't catching the Cowboys barring a miracle and them knocking Tampa off gives the Giants some wiggle room going into a very tough 3 game stretch to finish the season

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Real talk Romo probably wins that game. Romo knows where to find Witten, a player the Giants do not know exists.

Ereck Flowers might be the worst left tackle in the league right now. Eli has to dump off the ball so fast every play because Flowers couldn't guard a sloth.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Febreeze posted:

Real talk Romo probably wins that game. Romo knows where to find Witten, a player the Giants do not know exists.

Ereck Flowers might be the worst left tackle in the league right now. Eli has to dump off the ball so fast every play because Flowers couldn't guard a sloth.

Flowers made the Cowboys D Line look decent

Christ.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Shinjobi posted:

There are more players to worry about than a past it TE and an overrated temperamental WR.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Febreeze posted:

Yeah Romo is much better at reading the defense and given that Dak wasn't going anywhere on foot, it's very likely Romo pulls out some bullshit and makes that game a win.

This game definitely hurt more than any of the remaining games on the schedule because of potential division implications but if the Cowboys don't win the division it'll be no one's fault but theirs and with Seattle getting blown out today that leaves Dallas some wiggle room to win the #1 seed.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Shinjobi posted:

Dez Bryant likes when Romo throws him the ball so he probably won't care either

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There are more players to worry about than a past it TE and an overrated temperamental WR.

Yeah also I'm sure the offensive line and Cole Beasley also don't give a gently caress, and it makes no sense why you're pushing this idiotic narrative

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

He is definitely worse than basketball player UDFA George Fant and he might actually be worse than Bradley Sowell too.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Lote posted:

and trade Romo to the Broncos for a 2nd and a conditional.

Only because the Browns are going to trade their entire draft to New England for Josh McDaniels and Jimmy Garoppolo.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
At least Greg Robinson ensures he's not the worst in the league. I think Solari sucks, and Flowers is probably a RT, but give him one more chance in camp to see if he can improve.

What was so loving weird about this game. The Cowboys insisted on playing like the past 10 weeks although that played right into the Giants' strengths. You can't run on Harrison and Hankins, and Jenkins will take the WR #1 out of the game. This has happened every game this year. Meanwhile, the Giants can't guard slot WRs and TEs to save their life. That's why the Eagles were a horrible matchup for them, and the Cowboys were great. But seriously, years of Tony Romo dinking and dunking down the field and pulling out miracle 3rd and 30s out of his rear end. They loving knew this and were too stubborn to adjust.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah also I'm sure the offensive line and Cole Beasley also don't give a gently caress, and it makes no sense why you're pushing this idiotic narrative

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/93598632/

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17771268

Word has always been that there's a generational divide in the Cowboys locker room and given how all NFL rosters are young as shot right now I'd imagine the boys are pretty solidly on the Dak side.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
if the cowboys wanted to get romo in there they'd have to start him immediately, which i wager they won't do

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

if the cowboys wanted to get romo in there they'd have to start him immediately, which i wager they won't do

He only needs one game before the playoffs to shake off the rust

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

blue squares posted:

He only needs one game before the playoffs to shake off the rust

he's going to need far more than a game to shake off not playing all year

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

he's going to need far more than a game to shake off not playing all year

hes tony romo, bitch

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
The Dallas Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl.

Book it,

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

TeeMerk posted:

The Dallas Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl.

Book it,

Glad someone's taken up the torch now that Kawalimus has defected to the Giants.

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer
This reminds me of the time years ago that my Redskins fan buddy of mine told me that Jason Campbell was, in the end, going to be better than Tony Romo. Look how that turned out.

Dak has lucked in to this record. He's the Trent Dilfer/Joe Flacco of 2016.

Mark this post.

When the Cowboys suffer their playoff loss, we are all going to have our "Romo what if" scenario running through our heads.

Will Dak be a great QB someday? Maybe. But going to the playoffs, with the best chance for a ring sitting on the bench is an absolute travesty.

I started watching football in '94, so I'm not old enough to remember Jerry firing Landry, and at the time how stupid firing Jimmy was, but going to the playoffs, with the top 5 all time QB statistically on the bench, makes me want to puke.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

dest posted:

Dak has lucked in to this record. He's the Trent Dilfer/Joe Flacco of 2016.

If this means he's winning 1-2 Superbowls I'm ok with this.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Imagine Russell Wilson behind the Cowboys OL

:discourse:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm sure he does.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

It really loving pisses me off that my favorite NFL player of all time lost his job due to injury. I'm incredibly excited about Dak but Romo deserves to finish his Cowboys career on his terms. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Even better, imagine a good quarterback back there!

• Locked thread