Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Febreeze posted:

Honestly you can probably point to a solid instance for every one of them.

Bills - ? New guy hasn't done anything we know of yet

While he's not been much of an immoral shithead as an owner, Terry Pegula did make his billions off fracking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Shinjobi posted:

Dez Bryant is not a #1 receiver. More like #1.5 at best.

:jerkbag:

If I may drop the tongue-in-cheek Chiche persona for a second: Dez Bryant would immediately be the best receiver Seattle has ever had, even better than Largent ever was. He's top 5 in the league and I'd have a hard time choosing between him, Green, and Julio at this point in time.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

a patagonian cavy posted:

2016: Hue Jackson
2014-2015: Mike Pettine
2013: Rob Chudzinski*
2011-2012: Pat Shurmur*
2009-2010: Eric Mangini*

The ones with an asterisk were fired after a Week 17 loss to the Steelers. Pettine lost to the Ravens just before getting fired.

Browns play the Steelers, in Pittsburgh, in Week 17 this season. I wonder what will possibly happen afterwards.

This is magical.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
dez isn't a top-5 receiver, unless we're still pretending that it's 2014

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
all-timer

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/808149257379119105

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Chichevache posted:

:jerkbag:

If I may drop the tongue-in-cheek Chiche persona for a second: Dez Bryant would immediately be the best receiver Seattle has ever had, even better than Largent ever was. He's top 5 in the league and I'd have a hard time choosing between him, Green, and Julio at this point in time.

The dude has streaks of brilliance, followed by streaks of vanishing acts. He's consistently useful in that he draws coverage away from peeps like Beasley, Williams and Butler, but Dez hasn't been a solid bet to throw to since 2014. And even then, 2014 was his best year if I remember correctly (I am probably wrong). I would never suggest Dez is not a damned good receiver, cause he is. I'm also refusing to include his 2015 season in this judgment, since he played most of that injured far worse than he let on, and I don't think it fair to add that to his body of work.

It is just really frustrating that this is a player who demands top dollar, only to disappear for stretches of games. Fair or not, Dez's legacy is going to be that Green Bay game in 2014. Maybe a Super Bowl win would fix that? I wouldn't know, the Cowboys haven't come close to even sniffing one since I've started following them.:v:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shinjobi posted:

The dude has streaks of brilliance, followed by streaks of vanishing acts. He's consistently useful in that he draws coverage away from peeps like Beasley, Williams and Butler, but Dez hasn't been a solid bet to throw to since 2014. And even then, 2014 was his best year if I remember correctly (I am probably wrong).

2012 or 2014 were his best years so far, but 2012 to 2014 in general were three very good years that made Dez's reputation. 2015 yeah, you should probably throw that out because of lingering injuries plus some atrocious quarterbacking that wasn't helping anything. Even this year though he's been dinged up and while having a pretty good year by rate stats he's not as good as he was in that three year stretch earlier. Some of that might be getting on the same page with Dak, especially since he was injured early on. But after the Giants game it's hard to say that's all of it, although he was far from the only Cowboy who had a bad night.

He's 28, he's not a running back, it's possible and maybe even likely assuming health that he'll go back to being pretty great for a good stretch. Until he does that though I'm going to disagree with Chiche about how great he is at this particular moment.

Disclaimer if needed: if he was a free agent I'd want him on my team for sure and he's going to be a big part of Dallas's plans for the future barring something catastrophic.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
lol cowboys.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I'd probably have Dez in the top 10 solely on reputation, but he hasn't been anywhere near the menacing motherfucker he once was. Top-5 receivers should be gamebreakers, and Dez while undeniably great hasn't been that guy for a while.

If Dallas still had the 2014 version of Dez Bryant, they'd be 13-0 and heavy Super Bowl favorites.

Brown, Julio, AJ, Odell, Evans, Jordy...that's probably your top-6.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Broncos wet fart 8-8 incoming

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Still having a good lol that Ray Horton left the Titans to be the defensive coordinator of a 0-16 team

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

give romo whatever he wants

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

3 DONG HORSE posted:

give romo whatever he wants

Romo is going to be a Dolphin.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
unironically excited for the offseason tony romo bidding war

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Febreeze posted:

Broncos - ?

The future owner (John Bowlen) is a piece of poo poo domestic abuser.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Still having a good lol that Ray Horton left the Titans to be the defensive coordinator of a 0-16 team

Yeah, the defense got worse when he showed up.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What if Romo became a Viking?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

a new study bible! posted:

Romo is going to be a Dolphin.

I think I'd be OK with this...

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

What if Romo became a Viking?

Not bebind that garbage OL he won't

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Arthur blank was part of the same tax scam that got the braves a new stadium.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Romo wants to be a Bronco.

#1. I can't blame him all that much, that's a decent situation.

#2. Please, please not this poo poo again. At the very least if it happens have the decency to suck while you're there Tony.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Hi, TFF, just stopping by to say that the Saints suck, but in new and different ways compared to the beginning of the season (except for coaching, that's still bad) the mid season rally was an illusion, and that some firings need to happen. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Ehud and Dolphan I am sorry Tannehill is hurt here is the song when Aeris dies in FF7 I think it will help you through this tough time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQc7o2rm7po

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

Hi, TFF, just stopping by to say that the Saints suck, but in new and different ways compared to the beginning of the season (except for coaching, that's still bad) the mid season rally was an illusion, and that some firings need to happen. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day.

Drew Brees is simultaneously the best and worst thing to ever happen to New Orleans.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

FizFashizzle posted:

Arthur blank was part of the same tax scam that got the braves a new stadium.

It doesn't help that Blank looks straight out of Goodfellas

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

FizFashizzle posted:

Drew Brees is simultaneously the best and worst thing to ever happen to New Orleans.

Drew Bree's gonna pull some strings and get the coaches he doesn't like sent to gitmo

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

FizFashizzle posted:

Does the team ever dare to cut/trade/bench him or do they have to wait for him to willingly retire and go run his lacrosse academy or whatever?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ehud and Dolphan I am sorry Tannehill is hurt here is the song when Aeris dies in FF7 I think it will help you through this tough time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQc7o2rm7po

Thanks Mel I'm not sure what to do when I saw tannehill crying and then Matt Moore crying and Adam Gase crying I lost my cool and I think I might have committed a crime in my blackout but I can't be sure

I'm dead inside. Miami is cursed. Dolphins fans clamoring for Moore already have their excuses lined up

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Febreeze posted:

Bears - ?

The Bears have actually done a pretty decent job of avoiding anything too malicious lately. The only thing that comes to mind is the hilarious Ray McDonald debacle. A team signing a good player on the cheap due to off the field scumbaggery isn't really note worthy in and of itself, as it happens quite often. The staunch defense of signing McDonald by the Bears chairman, George McCaskey, was weird as hell though. He went in hard on defending the decision based on personal conversations he had with McDonald, conversations he had with McDonalds parents, and the fact that McDonald paid for his own plane ticket to Chicago. Then whoops, McDonald is arrested less than two months later. The whole situation was so incredibly dumb and easily avoidable.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

haljordan posted:

Does the team ever dare to cut/trade/bench him or do they have to wait for him to willingly retire and go run his lacrosse academy or whatever?

Drew Brees is content to devour the saints cap, chase records, and never play for a competitive team again

And I think most saints fans are okay with that tbh

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FizFashizzle posted:

Drew Brees is content to devour the saints cap, chase records, and never play for a competitive team again

And I think most saints fans are okay with that tbh

Yes, blame the only good player on the team for the FO's failure to build competently around him...

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Grittybeard posted:

Romo wants to be a Bronco.

#1. I can't blame him all that much, that's a decent situation.

#2. Please, please not this poo poo again. At the very least if it happens have the decency to suck while you're there Tony.

Broncos is probably the best situation. Terrible QB's there, amazing receivers and defense

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

I'd probably have Dez in the top 10 solely on reputation, but he hasn't been anywhere near the menacing motherfucker he once was. Top-5 receivers should be gamebreakers, and Dez while undeniably great hasn't been that guy for a while.

If Dallas still had the 2014 version of Dez Bryant, they'd be 13-0 and heavy Super Bowl favorites.

Please stop saying Odell is a top 5 receiver. He's barely top 5 in his own draft class. He is a top 3 bitchmade player, though.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A.o.D. posted:

On the bright side, Cameron Jordan is probably the most dominating defensive player in the NFCS.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
How bad is Stafford's finger?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MrLogan posted:

Please stop saying Odell is a top 5 receiver. He's barely top 5 in his own draft class. He is a top 3 bitchmade player, though.

He's top 5. He wins game by himself and the Giants are probably a 4 win team without him. That being said, I can't wait till he blows up his career somehow.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Dec 12, 2016

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

corn on the cop posted:

DeAndre Hopkins and Keenan Allen above Jordy

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

MrLogan posted:

While Odell is a gigantic baby, this is just idiotic.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Gynecolojustice posted:

DeAndre Hopkins and Keenan Allen above Jordy

Megatron above Jordy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Megatron above Jordy.

Catch radius so large he's snagging balls from his couch.

• Locked thread