Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

big money big clit posted:

Even better, imagine a good quarterback back there!

Not sure why you'd want a good quarterback there instead of a great one, but I guess you're trying to prove a point about how solid that line is. Fair enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Imagine Drew Brees playing runningback with Sidney Rice at quarterback and Walter Jones as a TE.

I am Tom Cable.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Today I noticed Dak has the same weird gross eye blemish Brees has.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Dude, we should hang out.

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

Chichevache posted:

Today I noticed Dak has the same weird gross eye blemish Brees has.

The mark on Dak's face is a scar from when he got beat up on spring break, not a birthmark like Brees.

Flooger fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Dec 12, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Dez Bryant is such over rated trash it isn't even funny.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

blue squares posted:

It really loving pisses me off that my favorite NFL player of all time lost his job due to injury. I'm incredibly excited about Dak but Romo deserves to finish his Cowboys career on his terms. gently caress.

I agree with this because it would be an interception in the end zone during the dying moments of a divisional playoff game.

Edit: Against the Giants.

Fake Double Edit: That hopefully R.W. McQuarters is in attendance for.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

blue squares posted:

It really loving pisses me off that my favorite NFL player of all time lost his job due to injury. I'm incredibly excited about Dak but Romo deserves to finish his Cowboys career on his terms. gently caress.

That's the nature of the position, sadly. Very few players actuallu get to go out on their own terms. Even Manning was dumped for the younger, less talented guy. It happens to all the good QBs.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

a new study bible! posted:

That's the nature of the position, sadly. Very few players actuallu get to go out on their own terms. Even Manning was dumped for the younger, less talented guy. It happens to all the good QBs.

lol Manning was cut to save money, bro

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

TheChirurgeon posted:

lol Manning was cut to save money, bro

Where was it spent? Not like the Colts have gotten better.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Eagles should offer Megatron partial ownership to come out of retirement.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

The Eagles should offer Megatron partial ownership to come out of retirement.

LOL is that allowed under the CBA?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

They over paid for a bunch of average guys who replaced much cheaper and slightly better guys. The money now all goes to Andrew Luck, but the Colts bigger problem is Grigson thinks he is smarter then everyone and uses the draft to prove he isn't. But enough about the AFC South we are talking about the best division in football, go go Eli Manning stumble into another Super Bowl your broken old brother has two rings so you need three.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

The ghost of the the 49'ers titles whispers, almost in audibly, as if it was just a trick of the wind.... Joe Montana.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

on bad players. And no, they haven't gotten better. I didn't say it was a smart decision

Manning was cut because he was owed a $28M roster bonus if he was on the team in 2012. If they'd kept him and Luck, they'd have been spending nearly one third of their cap on QBs that year

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Thought on the glorious battle for valhalla:

- cowboys are massively overrated on defense

- giants loving own lmao

- eat a dick everyone else

- coulda had TODD GURLEY instead of ereck im a flower of a lt flowers

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Doltos posted:

No they aren't. No one thinks the Cowboys have a good defense

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Doltos posted:

Then how bad is the giants offense? Geeze

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Is it time for the Giants to bullshit their way to another Super Bowl? Sure seems like it.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

TheChirurgeon posted:

No they aren't. No one thinks the Cowboys have a good defense

Haha even Collinsworth was praising them last night dude. "This player has really come along as the season has gone on" and "oh god my pants are wet for Sean Lee" "Rob Marienelli has done some great things with this defense"

They were overrated because the ball control offense masked their failures and kept them fresh. They had a bunch of takeaways last night but it was mostly because Bad Manning showed up and Ereck Flowers is a war crime

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Febreeze posted:

Haha even Collinsworth was praising them last night dude. "This player has really come along as the season has gone on" and "oh god my pants are wet for Sean Lee" "Rob Marienelli has done some great things with this defense"

They were overrated because the ball control offense masked their failures and kept them fresh. They had a bunch of takeaways last night but it was mostly because Bad Manning showed up and Ereck Flowers is a war crime

I think you mean "only" here instead of "even"

e: and Marinelli has done some great things with the defense, turning a unit of Sean Lee + a bunch of JAGs into something that isn't 2015 Saints-level bad is a real accomplishment

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Mind_Taker posted:

Is it time for the Giants to bullshit their way to another Super Bowl? Sure seems like it.

If it happens again it's officially some mutated form of EYBS.

its happening

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
These Cowboys are built to go 13-3 and flame out in the playoffs and it loving owns because I lust for "America's Team" death

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I lust for America's death

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

blue squares posted:

Then how bad is the giants offense? Geeze

Pretty loving terrible, the run game is abysmal and the passing game is unreliable with Eli at the helm but also potent af with Eli at the helm

Again, coulda had Todd Gurley and made due with some other lovely 4th round LT that's the equivalent of new jersey's biggest turnstile

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

Pretty loving terrible, the run game is abysmal and the passing game is unreliable with Eli at the helm but also potent af with Eli at the helm

Again, coulda had Todd Gurley and made due with some other lovely 4th round LT that's the equivalent of new jersey's biggest turnstile

isn't Todd Gurley posting T-Rich numbers outside of one good month

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

isn't Todd Gurley posting T-Rich numbers outside of one good month

I firmly believe athletes would have entirely different careers on different teams. There's just so many factors and variables that go into a football play that any timeline could easily be different. Todd Gurley lands on the Giants. He now has 21 different players around him on every snap because of his new teammates and new schedule. LBs he ran over in his first year may have been stronger with Kerrigan/Sean Lee/Kendricks and given him even worse stats because the Giants can't block on sweep plays. He may have had even better between the tackle stats because the Giants have a stronger center and guard corp than the Rams. Or he could have seen less carries and more shotgun carries.

Stuff just goes on and on and applies to every single player in the league. Little things like the Raiders taking DHB with the 9th pick have had massive ripples. They take Crabtree there, like they were supposed to, or even Monroe/Orakpo/Cushing, and the 49ers would have never had a holdout which would have re-arranged the 2010 draft where the Seahawks probably don't get Earl Thomas in their Legion of Boom, and the list just can keep going.

So instead I just look at the athlete and say that Gurley is a really loving good athlete and Ereck Flowers is a big fat turd

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Imagine Todd Gurley running behind Dallas' OL

:discourse:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Imagine Trent Richardson running behind Dallas's line.

He'd still have like 1.5 YPC

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Imagine Dez being good. He might someday make a play that positively impacts his teams chances to win in a big spot.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Imagine Dez being good. He might someday make a play that positively impacts his teams chances to win in a big spot.

Romo and Dez are a true match. They both are the primary reason the team gets in positions to win, but they also have so many famous moments of failure right at the end

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Genocide Tendency posted:

The ghost of the the 49'ers titles whispers, almost in audibly, as if it was just a trick of the wind.... Joe Montana.

Except Steve Young actually was more talented than Montana. Montana was great too, but his success was in large part due to the brilliance of Bill Walsh's drafting and the fact that it took the rest of the NFL a decade to figure out how to defend a good WCO.

Once Young got his shot, he was incredible, and did it behind an offensive line that was inferior to Montana's using an offense that the rest of the league now understood.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
As a Skins fan I've spent decades wishing ill upon the Cowboys and rooting against them in every single game, but for this one week I have to *choke* pull for them. I need a loss for Tampa Bay.

I feel dirty.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Doltos posted:

So instead I just look at the athlete and say that Gurley is a really loving good athlete and Ereck Flowers is a big fat turd

Do you still believe that the giants are a top 5 pass blocking offensive line because football outsiders garbage metrics say they are or do you finally accept that the only reason eli doesn't lead the league in sacks is because he spikes the ball immediately upon being pressured most of the time

That is, on plays when he can sense pressure and not on ones where the first contact ereck flowers makes with a down lineman is to push said lineman into elis back

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
any offensive line that gives up multiple sacks to the Cowboys defense is garbage

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Iodised QQ posted:

Do you still believe that the giants are a top 5 pass blocking offensive line because football outsiders garbage metrics say they are or do you finally accept that the only reason eli doesn't lead the league in sacks is because he spikes the ball immediately upon being pressured most of the time

That is, on plays when he can sense pressure and not on ones where the first contact ereck flowers makes with a down lineman is to push said lineman into elis back

My judgments are based on what I saw recently and at the time they still looked really good. This last game made Flowers look like a garbage pile. And you're right, their stats are inflated because Eli has the second fastest release time this year behind Alex Smith.

I didn't like Flowers at the time of the pick and I still don't like him now, but I think my argument back then still holds true now that olines across the league are getting wrecked and they're still good comparatively to the rest.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Doltos posted:

My judgments are based on what I saw recently and at the time they still looked really good. This last game made Flowers look like a garbage pile. And you're right, their stats are inflated because Eli has the second fastest release time this year behind Alex Smith.

I didn't like Flowers at the time of the pick and I still don't like him now, but I think my argument back then still holds true now that olines across the league are getting wrecked and they're still good comparatively to the rest.

They are average at best man, and they've looked worse since injuries started to happen. We need Pugh back. I think Ereck Flowers single handedly carries this team into the bottom 10

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Will beatty to left tackle and Justin Pugh back to LG when healthy please.

If will beatty is so bad now that he can't crack the left tackle spot on merit, move Justin Pugh back to lt and play Newhouse or anyone else including me at LG. The line still wouldn't be good but Pugh has been serviceable at lt before.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

They are average at best man, and they've looked worse since injuries started to happen. We need Pugh back. I think Ereck Flowers single handedly carries this team into the bottom 10

Obviously they look worse since injuries started to happen. Pugh and Richburg are great and Jerry plays well but Newhouse and Flowers are trainwreck bookends. I can forgive Hart and Newhouse since they're supposed to be backups but that left side gets hurt so badly by Flowers. If he could slide over to the right somewhere and we could get a guy that can give Eli more than 2 seconds to throw, woo boy. So yeah I still think the majority of the line is good and better than most of the league but it's a 3-2 split.

• Locked thread